2019-01-08 23:01:39 (edited by nidza07 2019-02-14 00:18:38)

Hi all. It's been quite a while since we announced any news about tiflo space. Well, a completely new client is in beta, so it's quite appropriate to create a completely new topic, which will be kept up to date. I have created a 2 parts demonstration of the new client in beta, the first part running on Windows, while the second runs on Android. Links of both will be at the bottom of this post, but what follows is the translation of the opening of the public beta of the new client written by the developer himself in Russian.
We are not offering you the final release of a new cross-platform client yet, but we are announcing the start of its open testing. In this regard, we briefly describe the main aspects of the internal structure of this application.
First, as already mentioned, the new client is cross-platform. It currently runs on Windows and Android. For other operating systems, the porting will be done later, and it will not take much time.
Secondly, we completely reworked the server-client protocol of the application, as well as its foundation as a whole. Yes, it took a long time, but it was worth it.
• The client is now modular and extensible. After api is published, anyone can join the development and improvement of the client.
• Client games are also dynamic plug-ins. As before, they are created using four scripting programming languages: Pascal, Basic, Java and C ++. The process of writing new games is maximally simplified. Anyone can also create new games, but only after api documentation has been published.
• Game servers, that is, game tables, are no longer tied to who opened them. The game will never fall apart because of someone else's bad Internet. The powers of the gaming table holder are now very symbolic. The one who opened the gaming table can now in essence only select participants and start the game. In the event of the departure of the gaming table holder, the management of it will be transferred to some other participant.
• The game can no longer be restarted. A started game can be interrupted only for the following reasons:
1. A winner, winners and / or losers were identified;
2. One or several participants surrendered;
3. All participants agreed to a draw.
In order to surrender now it is enough just to leave the game.
• If someone is thrown out of the game for some reason out of their control, the system will take some time, now it's about 5 minutes, wait for the return of the player who has gone. If a player fails to return within five minutes, a technical defeat will be counted. Depending on the rules of the current game, the playing will either be stopped or continued, but with a changed list of participants.
• When playing with participation of rating units (toys), these rating units will be written off at the time of the start of the game, and not at the end, as before, therefore, flight from the game will become completely meaningless. Even if the player escapes from the game, his toys will remain in the general bank, and will go to the remaining participants after the technical defeat of the player who escaped. In the case of a real technical failure, for example, if a user's Internet connection is broken, as mentioned earlier, the system will wait 5 minutes, doing nothing and only after this time will initiate a technical defeat. From now on, we adhere to the following principle:
The bad internet of a particular participant is the problem of only one particular participant, but not his rivals. Each of you has 5 minutes to solve your technical problems and return to the game. If it is impossible to solve this problem, please, no offense, you will be considered a loser. Complaints concerning the flight of players to the administration are no longer accepted and will not be considered. The resolution of such situations is completely and entirely shifted onto the system.
• Game settings are now set before the opening of the game table, and after opening they cannot be changed. Thus, if you enter, for example, the “Mile-by-Mile” game, for which the organizer has set the “with lifting of protections” setting, then be sure that it is with the lifting of protections that the game will continue. In the game search dialog you can see all the detailed information for each published game.
• All critical game algorithms are now assigned to the main server. We have previously quite successfully fought with cheaters, but in the new client it will become completely impossible to cheat. The main server constantly monitors the accuracy of the information loaded into the client, and this information is correctly distributed to all players.
• Significantly improved sound quality in voice chats. To record a voice message, now you should not hold down ctrl + enter, but only ctrl. Thus, press ctrl + enter, release enter, hold ctrl, speak, release ctrl.
• In general, the application has become much more stable and faster.
So, we have covered the main points, implemented or partially implemented in the new client. The official release of the application is in early February 2019, but now you can download its beta version While the application is published without digital signatures. To use it on Android, you will need to make additional settings for your device, in particular, you need to allow installation of applications from unknown sources in the security settings. From the Play Market, the new client can be installed only after the release. Keep in mind that as long as the program is in beta status, it will be updated frequently.
Right now in the new client you can find only one game “Mile-by-mile”. However, the game is already fully debugged and ready for use. The developer tries to preserve the usual interface of ported games as much as possible, so we hope you will orient without any problems. In the android version, to go from game to chat and back click on the status bar located at the bottom of the screen. When you first start the program, make sure that in the settings the item "Enable a simplified interface for blind users is checked. However, you can play on the graphical interface, but then you have to temporarily turn off Talk Back.
New and old clients are not compatible. You will not be able to enter the game opened in the new client from the old client and vice versa. All other popular games from the old client will very soon be transferred to the new client. The possibility of playing with the participation of rating units will also appear a little later. The developer, as always, pays great attention to the visual component, so that you can play with your sighted family, friends and acquaintances, so it will take some time to complete the porting of all popular old games. Of course, also in the coming year we will have many new interesting games!
And here's another thing ... After the release of the official release of our client, we will resume conducting competitions and quizzes on a systematic basis. Please be patient ...
As for the audio demos:
Part 1
part 2
If you prefer to stay with the stable, old client and enjoy those games until the new one is fully tested, you can download it here.I hope you will have fun with the client, and you can ask any questions or report bugs both on the pages of the recordings as well as this topic. If you want to play something with me or in general ask for help, you can write a private message to me at anytime on the social network as well. My username is nikola, and you can also access my profile here

Thumbs up +1

2019-01-08 23:12:33

Hi.
don't use this project!
Yes, this project is being developed for English users, but this doesn't cancel bad administrators!

Thumbs up

2019-01-08 23:21:19

Hello. Perhaps you've had issues with them, which is understandable, but I would not tell everybody to not use something just based on that. As English users, you will rarely, if at all have to deal with the administration, especially now when somebody leaving games is being handled by the system, so you shouldn't have any issues.

Thumbs up

2019-01-09 02:17:42

I, as a partial translator to the game didn't have issues with them, but previously a mexican friend had issues with them, but who knows?

Today, is better, than yesterdday!
God bless you, a lot of mersy.
Gracias, thank you, your welcome, thumbs up, what ever, Luis Carlos. Have an awesome day!

Thumbs up

2019-01-09 02:19:31

Sorry for doublé posting, but can Offline functionality be added in the future? For me is kind of convinsing, but as is in early development, I'm afrade there's not of the lovely features I've had in the previous client.

Gracias, thank you, your welcome, thumbs up, what ever, Luis Carlos. Have an awesome day!

Thumbs up

2019-01-09 02:29:37

Hello. As for issues, yep I am aware of that, however that was an issue with the main developer, not administrators. Normally, users wont have any interaction with him in any case. For offline games, I don't think this will unfortunately be possible, however you will be able to play offline using the old client. Games are on the server, however I'm not the developer and maybe something can be done in the future.

Thumbs up

2019-01-09 09:51:10

About administrators.
The main head of this project refers to users biased. If he didn’t like a particular person, he can simply block him.
This is not the main project developer, but the main project manager.

Thumbs up

2019-01-09 10:55:12

in this stupid site i can't register. i type my birthday but is only ...._ and etc. it's not accessible page is not translate for englisch users. friends don't register it is not possible sorry for this but what i can registeret on this stupid page? what must type my birthday date to accept?

Thumbs up

2019-01-09 11:29:30

@2 can you give us a good reason why not to use this app? i mean a real good reason that we can believe.

you can't run from the darkness. we are everywhere.

2019-01-09 12:30:06

@rafalko112 if you need help, you should ask for it constructively. For birthdays, you type them as dd.mm.yyyy or in my example, 19.09.2001 and as for things not being translated, if you find something untranslated it would be advised to copy it or say where you found it so it can be fixed. Unless, by mistake you went to the Russian version, and you can find that out by just pressing ctrl plus end to go to the end of the page, and there should be a link in English. If not, then you are on the English site.

Thumbs up

2019-01-09 12:32:08

Hi,
I have downloaded this thing now. Will test and give feedback.

Best regards
Pranam
Go to my website from the below link! And don't forget to give me a thumbs up!

2019-01-09 12:46:23

@electro the developer has confirmed offline play will be possible in a future update.

Thumbs up

2019-01-09 13:46:10

Wow! Finally. I just need to wait while I make the spanish translation.

Thumbs up

2019-01-09 15:15:16

I was able to register for the site and activate the account but this damn app doesn't want me to let go. As I have it for stupid convince me to let me in. Sorry for the vulgarity but even stupid ultrapower as I entered the username and password to accept it and not it grandfatherhood. With this frustration eat I guess this application with fries. With Greetings Rafał.

Thumbs up

2019-01-09 15:53:07

Hi.
@14 urm what? English please?

Greetings moritz.

Hömma, willze watt von mir oder wie, weil wenn nich, dann lass dir mal sagen, laber mir kein Kottlett anne Wange und hömma, wo wir gerade dabei sind, dann iss hier hängen im Schacht, sonns klapp ich dir hier die Fingernägel auf links, datt kannze mir mal glaubn.

Thumbs up

2019-01-09 16:43:58

If you are trying to say that the client does not accept your username and password, wait 24 hours and try again, your account should be activated by that time.

Thumbs up

2019-01-09 17:50:25

Eh, for me it freezes all the time, i tried the beta version but it's really, really annoying that i have to wait 10 minutes after pressing enter every time, cause the programme just doesn't answer and it completely freezes...

Thumbs up

2019-01-09 18:16:27

Ugh, can you give a bit more info please? It's necessary for a beta. If you mean Android, a known crash, but no fix yet, and we need as much info as possible. If you mean Windows though since you mentioned pressing enter, that definitely shouldn't happen. What version of Windows? What screen reader? Try clearing your data. If tiflo space is installed, clear app tada/roaming/tiflo.space. Note that you will have to log in again after this and configure the client. If it still happens, in that same folder in app data you should find a folder called data, and in there a folder called logs. Open the file ts.log with notepad and check if any errors are displayed. If so, you can copy them over here. For portable, this still applies except you do not delete the entire tiflo space folder, but just the data folder located in the folder where you put the client. Hopefully it will crash less. I run it under windows 10 and 7 with no issues, both 64 bit.

Thumbs up

2019-01-09 19:32:09

Ok, I have on toys on my computer, it works with no problem.
I installed the beta on android 8.1, I think it is go edition now, but not completely sure because I don't use this phone much, only for games and testing things.
After typping my user and pass it said connect, I wait and it made a weird sound, do not know how to describe it and the app just stopped.
I tried restarting app, phone, everything, but it just says connect at openning and stops after that sound.
I guess I enterred my wrong user name, but, I am not that sure.
And do not know what I should delete for it to let me logg in again, probably the data.
I am using Nokia 3, the 2017 model, that means the first one, TA1032 with android 8.1.

I am your friend, your spam bot reporter, I am what ever do you wan a be to you, but if it is not good, I will not be!
And please, give me a tumbsup, it makes me happy to see one.
Thanks.
Angel Productions, the producer of nothing :)

Thumbs up

2019-01-09 19:42:26 (edited by nidza07 2019-01-09 19:46:35)

The weird sound means that either your password or the username is incorrect, however the app should not definitely crash after that but instead tell you so. If you have registered just now, try waiting a day and logging in again. If not, try to reset your password in case you forgot it. I will test now and see if I can reproduce that crash.
Edit: I would also like to point out that the cause of the main Android crash has been found. Don't play with voice assistant, samsung's screen reader. Currently, the app crashes if you play with VA, but with TalkBack it should work. Will let you know when this is fixed.
Edit 2: Yes, I could definitely reproduce this crash and will report it. Thanks for the feedback! To be able to type your password again, just clear the app data. In settings, go to applications and find tiflo space. Under storage, clear it's data. This differs slightly across Android versions but you should be able to find it easily.

Thumbs up

2019-01-09 20:40:37

Ok, I did that before I saw your post and it worked, but with another account, because I am not sure of my actual password lol.
Now it is working, I couldn't finish a game with a bot, I had only 25 miles to go, sadly, my battery died.
Thanks for this awesome thing, some times I play easier on android than on pc.
And, do you know if I can play with a Samsung device and TB?
I am asking because when I want to play on my a5, 2016 I have that game launker crap who doesn't let me click things.

I am your friend, your spam bot reporter, I am what ever do you wan a be to you, but if it is not good, I will not be!
And please, give me a tumbsup, it makes me happy to see one.
Thanks.
Angel Productions, the producer of nothing :)

Thumbs up

2019-01-09 23:10:32

You can definitely play on a Samsung device with TalkBack. This is how I play on my S7. As for the game launcher, it should not appear on tiflo space, but if it does that can be disabled in settings. If your battery dies, the server should still remain active and you should be able to join. The way it works is if a game is not finished, the server remains until you come back and finish it, or if an update is released that has to delete all idle servers.

Thumbs up

2019-01-09 23:22:10

wow, being able to play this on droid devices and I'm pretty sure apple devices is just bad ass. on toys has a lot of good games

Thumbs up +1

2019-01-09 23:56:03

Fully agree with that. Personally I'm not a big fan of 1000 miles even though it is the most popular both on here and on the playroom, so I look forward to other games.

Thumbs up

2019-01-10 03:18:21

Since the topic of getting this game on GNU/Linux was mentioned ( at least on the first recording found on "Any Audio,") your best place for discussing that (besides here,) would either be on the Blinux List and the Vinux Support Forum