Hi all. It's been quite a while since we announced any news about tiflo space. Well, a completely new client is in beta, so it's quite appropriate to create a completely new topic, which will be kept up to date. What follows is the translation of the opening of the public beta of the new client written by the developer himself in Russian.
We are not offering you the final release of a new cross-platform client yet, but we are announcing the start of its open testing. In this regard, we briefly describe the main aspects of the internal structure of this application.
First, as already mentioned, the new client is cross-platform. It currently runs on Windows and Android. For other operating systems, the porting will be done later, and it will not take much time.
Secondly, we completely reworked the server-client protocol of the application, as well as its foundation as a whole. Yes, it took a long time, but it was worth it.
• The client is now modular and extensible. After api is published, anyone can join the development and improvement of the client.
• Client games are also dynamic plug-ins. As before, they are created using four scripting programming languages: Pascal, Basic, Java and C ++. The process of writing new games is maximally simplified. Anyone can also create new games, but only after api documentation has been published.
• Game servers, that is, game tables, are no longer tied to who opened them. The game will never fall apart because of someone else's bad Internet. The powers of the gaming table holder are now very symbolic. The one who opened the gaming table can now in essence only select participants and start the game. In the event of the departure of the gaming table holder, the management of it will be transferred to some other participant.
• The game can no longer be restarted. A started game can be interrupted only for the following reasons:
1. A winner, winners and / or losers were identified;
2. One or several participants surrendered;
3. All participants agreed to a draw.
In order to surrender now it is enough just to leave the game.
• If someone is thrown out of the game for some reason out of their control, the system will take some time, now it's about 5 minutes, wait for the return of the player who has gone. If a player fails to return within five minutes, a technical defeat will be counted. Depending on the rules of the current game, the playing will either be stopped or continued, but with a changed list of participants.
• When playing with participation of rating units (toys), these rating units will be written off at the time of the start of the game, and not at the end, as before, therefore, flight from the game will become completely meaningless. Even if the player escapes from the game, his toys will remain in the general bank, and will go to the remaining participants after the technical defeat of the player who escaped. In the case of a real technical failure, for example, if a user's Internet connection is broken, as mentioned earlier, the system will wait 5 minutes, doing nothing and only after this time will initiate a technical defeat. From now on, we adhere to the following principle:
The bad internet of a particular participant is the problem of only one particular participant, but not his rivals. Each of you has 5 minutes to solve your technical problems and return to the game. If it is impossible to solve this problem, please, no offense, you will be considered a loser. Complaints concerning the flight of players to the administration are no longer accepted and will not be considered. The resolution of such situations is completely and entirely shifted onto the system.
• Game settings are now set before the opening of the game table, and after opening they cannot be changed. Thus, if you enter, for example, the “Mile-by-Mile” game, for which the organizer has set the “with lifting of protections” setting, then be sure that it is with the lifting of protections that the game will continue. In the game search dialog you can see all the detailed information for each published game.
• All critical game algorithms are now assigned to the main server. We have previously quite successfully fought with cheaters, but in the new client it will become completely impossible to cheat. The main server constantly monitors the accuracy of the information loaded into the client, and this information is correctly distributed to all players.
• Significantly improved sound quality in voice chats. To record a voice message, now you should not hold down ctrl + enter, but only ctrl. Thus, press ctrl + enter, release enter, hold ctrl, speak, release ctrl.
• In general, the application has become much more stable and faster.
So, we have covered the main points, implemented or partially implemented in the new client. The official release of the application is in early February 2019, but now you can download its beta version While the application is published without digital signatures. To use it on Android, you will need to make additional settings for your device, in particular, you need to allow installation of applications from unknown sources in the security settings. From the Play Market, the new client can be installed only after the release. Keep in mind that as long as the program is in beta status, it will be updated frequently.
Right now in the new client you can find only one game “Mile-by-mile”. However, the game is already fully debugged and ready for use. The developer tries to preserve the usual interface of ported games as much as possible, so we hope you will orient without any problems. In the android version, to go from game to chat and back click on the status bar located at the bottom of the screen. When you first start the program, make sure that in the settings the item "Enable a simplified interface for blind users is checked. However, you can play on the graphical interface, but then you have to temporarily turn off Talk Back.
New and old clients are not compatible. You will not be able to enter the game opened in the new client from the old client and vice versa. All other popular games from the old client will very soon be transferred to the new client. The possibility of playing with the participation of rating units will also appear a little later. The developer, as always, pays great attention to the visual component, so that you can play with your sighted family, friends and acquaintances, so it will take some time to complete the porting of all popular old games. Of course, also in the coming year we will have many new interesting games!
And here's another thing ... After the release of the official release of our client, we will resume conducting competitions and quizzes on a systematic basis. Please be patient ...
If you prefer to stay with the stable, old client and enjoy those games until the new one is fully tested, you can download it here.I hope you will have fun with the client, and you can ask any questions or report bugs on this topic. If you want to play something with me or in general ask for help, you can write a private message to me at anytime on the social network as well. My username is nikola, and you can also access my profile here
Update: As of july 3rd, to play with the new client, you must create an account on the new website. The new website will contain many more features of real social networks, and it will replace the old site as soon as testing is complete. To register, please visit https://social.tiflo.space/?lang=english
additionally, visit my profile on the new site here
History of changes for the new client.
This document is unofficial and is there only as a reference.
Added the ability to join a friend by pressing enter on him/her. With that, added statuses such as waiting, playing, waiting replacement. Also, the statuses are independent from the old client. This means that in your list of friends you will have only the people using the new client.
Added the ability for quick recording of voice messages on Windows. Note: You should hold ctrl, press enter and release ctrl once you are done.
Added the ability to speak settings in the miles game with the f4 key.
Added the ability to find out settings of a server by pressing f2 once you are focused on it in the list of games.
On Android, the settings are displayed next to the status bar before the game is started. In the list of games, if there is only one game available, you will automatically get the rules in the status bar. With multiple games, tapping on it gives you the rules in the status bar, while the second click allows you to join.
Added the shortcut shift plus escape to log out.
Removed all the screen reader testing parts internally used by the developer. Remains only the test in settings.
On Android, some things not useful are now hidden. For example, you do not see the hide option which hides the client to the system tray on Windows. So the menues are much cleaner now. You also do not see the quit option as you can use the quit button in the main Window. On Windows it still remains as it's a placeholder to the shortcut ctrl q.
Fixed a bug when you enter your password incorrectly. Before, the dialog notifying you about this was not properly displayed, and instead you received a focus error.
On Android, added a hint which tells you to click again if you want to join a game.
Android: Fixed a crash when reading the status bar or playable cards with talkback and changing the navigation mode.
Android: Fixed a crash when playing with Samsung's voice assistant.
Android: Fixed a crash when activating register or forgot password buttons.
Added the ability to request a draw. If everybody agrees, the game is over and is declared as a draw.
Bugfixes for the draw games.
Android: You no longer get the rules automatically even with only one table available. Now the rules are in the status bar once you click a game. Clicking again joins it.
Authorisation: It is now only possible to log in using the new social.tiflo.space site
General: You can now view notifications inside the client
General: You can now add friends
Games: You can now turn on spectator mode. When you are in a table, if you join, it is on by default. Press shift plus enter to declare you are ready to play, or do it from the context menu on Android. If you create a table yourself, it is off. To turn on, at least one person must join so he can take the table master.
Games: Now possible to play with toys by the rules mentioned already.
General: You can get 1000 toys for testing each day. Keep in mind that as soon as testing is over, all toyses will be reset to 0. This is only a way to test all the features and report bugs and wont be possible in the final version.
General: Added the invisibility cap in the client. To use once, you must pay 100 toyses. Press ctrl i for usage or open the main context menu on Android.
General: Added the history of transfer of toyses. Here can view every decrease and increase of toyses as well as the reason. To use, press ctrl r or use the main context menu on Android.
General: It is possible to edit your profile from the client. To use, press ctrl p or use the main context menu on Android.
When using the client for the first time, you will be asked to input your nickname if you want to play games. Here, profile editor will open. At present, there is an issue if your Windows is English, possibly other languages as well. When you are asked to type your birthday, normally you should input in the format dd.mm.yyyy, however the input field is auto completed based on your Windows date format. In case your format is for example, dd/mm/yyyy, please change temporarily your date format to Russian, restart the client, fill the birthday and then you can change it back to English or whatever it was set to.
If you need instructions for this, let me know and I will provide them.
This does not apply if you are on Android.
Alternatively, if you use Android, you can fill the date on Android, save, and come back to play on Windows.
Mile by mile: Fixed a runtime error when entering a game in progress
Mile by mile: Fixed the inability to change game settings
0.0.0.84&0.0.0.85> Fixed bugs related to entering birthdays. Things should work normally now.
Added Persian and Turkish languages.
Dialogs are now better spoken and immediately displayed.