2019-01-07 08:04:01

Hey all, I noticed BK III released an update today, which apparently allows for all stages in a mode to be unlocked if that mode has indeed been played. I tried this, and it did not work. Is anyone else having this same issue? I know I have the latest version. Thanks to the developer and anyone else who addresses this.

2019-01-07 11:25:57

Have you got any medals from the difficulty you want to switch to left? I think it works only if you have some old medals.

We are pleased, that you made it through the final challenge, where we pretended we were going to murder you. We are throwing a party in honor of your tremendous success. Place the device on the ground, then lay on your stomach with your arms at your sides. A party associate will arrive shortly to collect you for your party. Assume the party submission position or you will miss the party.

2019-01-07 11:40:10

I downloaded version 1.91.2 and when i try to load my save file, the game says that the stage resetting behaviour has been changed, but after that I get an error and the game closes.

2019-01-07 15:49:07

OH yes, I got that error too, but I fixed it by changing the file name to something else, like save2.dat. Then, I changed it back, and launched the game. It said something about a name conflict, so I hit yes, and it loads just fine. You might try that for fixing the game not loading. As to having medals, yes, I have 20 of them, so it should be fine.

2019-01-07 16:48:03

Hmm, I tested with my own data and some  others and they did work. Anyone else having the same issue?

I don't speak as good as I write, and I don't listen as good as I speak.

2019-01-07 16:56:47

If you like, I can send you my save file so you can see. Of course, it might work for you.

2019-01-07 17:41:58 (edited by threeblacknoises 2019-01-07 18:18:22)

I'm getting the same bug on my end.
I load my save, it tells me about the new feature, then gives me an error when I press enter.
My save isn't being modified, because this happens each and everytime I try and load my save.
I've made a backup of my save so I can test what someone else tried with changing the save number.
I tried that, and it does load the save after changing the recorded slot number, but this appears to bypass whatever conversion is supposed to take place, because the game is showing that I have no clear records for any of the modes except wolf, which is what I'm currently on, but I checked my collection items, and I do indeed have at least 1 clear medal for all modes up to and includeing wolf.
Maybe this can be fixed soon?
Good thing I made a backup...
Oh, and this bug happens on my older saves to, so it's either something to do with the message that shows up when a new save is loaded after the 1.9.2 update, or its the conversion process that's bugged.
I aslo tested making a brand-new save file, and no bug happens.
While going to delete the test save I noticed that it was about 141 k in size while all my older saves are somewhere in the 78 to 81 k range.
Maybe all that extra space is for the new clear flags?
Later!

2019-01-07 18:17:32

Yes, you've described the issue perfectly.

2019-01-07 19:53:06

@Zuckuss: Thanks, at least I can load the save file and I wouldn't have figured it out by myself.

2019-01-07 20:23:47

I am thinking the developer had in mind that the game would let all the stages in a mode be unlocked if you had the medals in the inventory. Perhaps the issue with loading the save files is the reason behind the issue of not letting the modes be unlocked.

2019-01-08 12:01:52

OK, so it looks like our developer has released another update. My file loaded just fine, however it still won't allow me to obtain medals without playing through an entire mode which I have already played through. Just letting you know. Is anyone else still experiencing this, or is it just me?

2019-01-08 12:08:24

Same for me, for each mode it says "no clear record".

2019-01-08 13:21:20

Hopefully, moderation isn't upset that we keep bringing this up, but I figure the developer would want to know. Plus, I am guessing others are experiencing this too. It's weird though, because the last mode I played says there is a record, and the 132 stages will be unlocked, but not for all the others.

2019-01-08 16:25:31

I just tested it, and the conversion worked for me.
A few things though:
1. If you used the changing the file number trick, you've bypassed the conversion process, but since your save already shows version 1.9.0.3 in its data, the conversion won't take place.
So, I hope for your sake you actually made a backup of your save before hand.
2. The clear data during the conversion is actually based on what clear meddles you have; either in your invontory
or warehouse, so if you didn't hold on to any, you'll still have to replay the modes again.
Example: I don't have any vary hard clear meddles, so I have to replay that mode again, but all other modes up to wolf show as cleared.

Later!

2019-01-08 17:01:09

Same here, no file name changing. I just waited for the update, and since I kept at least 1 medal from every difficulty in my main save so far, I'm good to go.

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2019-01-08 18:15:49

Well, mine still says no clear record, even with medals I have in my inventory. For instance, I have 20 clear excited medals, and it says no clear record. I am using the original save file.