2019-07-02 03:11:02

I meant the braille note touch, it'd be cool to see some text based games added on there.

2019-07-24 20:57:36

Hi Ghaith, sorry for the late reply! That looks like an interesting device to support. Will have a look into that.

Developer of text-based roguelike Path of Adventure.
Get it on Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta … fadventure
Download from the App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/app/path-of-ad … 1449457468

2021-04-10 19:22:54

Hi Keeweed, I haven't been too active on this game for awhile. Something happened that knocked out all my high scores and I had to start again from the beginning. Now I am having a very difficult time beating the assassin mode, and previously I was able to beat all difficulties. The ring for the assassin is part of the problem. The way that it just works on the first turn of the battle is not enough of an advantage, Considering that I think 66% of the time you end up striking first anyway, this makes it so you really only have a small benefit, and it doesn't balance out with the rest of everything. I also think there are too many things that aren't powerful enough, like the buckler, and cloak that don't work with weapons. Somehow the balance just seems off. It was brutally difficult before, but now it is somehow worse. I think a number of the changes subtly made the game more difficult. I have a feeling that anyone picking up the game now would feel that it was pretty much created as a pay to play game, and I know that's not what you intended.

I created a username on Gamepedia to create a page for this, but When I got to the edit field I couldn't put anything in to create the new page. I might be able to take another stab at it, but I'm not so sure I can create the page myself.

All the best,

2021-04-13 18:36:31

I started the game and I was on day 31 of 50, I have to start it again. I recommend it, the story is no longer paid, only the ways to go back and resurrection.

2021-04-17 15:49:41

Hi James, what mode are you on?

2022-02-06 01:54:42

Hi Happy New Year, last year was a critical time for my business. This year I made a resolution to have more time for games. I picked up Path of Adventure again where I left off with the Assassin half done. This time I really put my mind into it and was able to beat all difficulties. I just finished ring bearer, and though ridiculous it is possible. The variety of weapons and items does mean you have to be carefull about knowing how they all work together. It's given the game a more mercenary feel, in the true sense of balancing resources, which is what I believe was the intent. I would say that while brutal it is possible and all in all well balanced. I was just browsing around to get back to this page and I noticed some videos posted by Michael Gray. It is good to see this game still going strong with a following. I will put in some more time on next weekend and work on the wiki. I may need some help creating the page. I think I'll watch the second video and work on sending Michael an email. It's great to see the community support on this, and I want to congratulate you again on this masterpiece, It is actually very balanced and well crafted and I love how dedicated you are to accessibility, not just in sheer brute force access, but also the subtleties of good game play design and ease of navigation. This game is getting my highest recommendation !

2022-02-06 15:49:51

Happy new year. I agree fully. It is a great game. I only managed to get to a certain level and reach the castle. I tried many many times. Almost so close many times. Great achievement to finish the game well done

2022-02-16 01:55:47

Hi I'm working on an all adventurer's guide to the game. Here's my strategy for the castle. Save your smoke bombs in the game for the castle. You will likely only encounter 3 or 4 monsters other than the end boss. Flee from all of the monsters. Save your weapon for the end boss, make sure you have a good shield either from the queen or the merchant. The end boss will run away twice forcing you to fight 3 times so don't go all in on the first round unless you have a strategy for a 1 round kill like freezing it with the ring of magic and finishing it with a basilisk fang, but a one round kill is pretty advanced.

2022-10-16 19:24:22

Good news Everyone!
The complete strategy guide is available at the following link

https://forum.audiogames.net/post/743711/#p743711

I spent a bit of time agonizing over the exact strategy and play tested it extensively. I worked on writing something more detailed in terms of when to use elixirs. In the end I kept that part on the shorter side because I realized that the more I played I realized the strategy has to be more adaptable and laying down fewer rules is essential to surviving in this game. I've also been listening to the videos posted by Michael Grey on New Death Gaming. I wanted to make sure my ideas checked out. I'm trying to find him on facebook or something. I don't mind sharing my email - [email protected] - If anyone knows Michael Grey let him know I'm looking for him and also Jordan if you're reading this my old email was a student account I can no longer access. This is a wonderful game and I hope everyone finds the new guide beneficial. If anyone knows how to do a wiki game page and wants to incorporate monster stats I have a bunch of those and Jordan also mentioned he would provide the stats at one point.

2022-10-17 13:20:05 (edited by Dark 2022-10-17 13:20:50)

Nice job on the guide, it must've taken a lot of testing.

I actually need to give path of adventure another try, since so far I've not managed to actually kill the boss in the castle.

However, had you considered adding headings to make navigating it easier?

You can do this in bb code by using left bracket h right bracket your heading text left bracket slash right bracket.

It might be helpful for skipping through the guide to various categories and sections such as weapons, other items or general strategy tips.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2022-10-17 14:33:26

I'm stuck on very hard. I make it in about 20 days or so before I close.

2022-10-18 08:09:35

Wow. Thanks for the guide. I agree that headings would make it much easier to navigate.
I never managed to complete the game, but might go back to it and use the guide. The game is so frustrating difficult that I gave up after like 30 tries.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2022-10-23 22:34:01

Wow, Everyone, I'm glad you're enjoying the guide. I realized I left Basilisk Fang out of the weapons section, although it is mentioned in the starting equipment for Assassin. I created it in Microsoft word, and I did use headings in that document. I think they got lost when I posted it. I'm not sure how to make headings on the forum post itself.

2023-04-21 12:12:10

Hey hey folks!
Sorry to bring this old topic back, but i got a little big problem.
I am playing path of adventure on an Ios-device and voiceover reads everything using the english voice and in english pronunciation. I know, i know, its a little bit weird of me, but is it somehow possible to change the speech to read everything with german pronunciation language?
I know the game is only in english and thats no problem for me.
I just got used to hearing English always in German pronunciation over the elo, HAHA.