2019-01-03 23:34:44

Happy New Year from the staff of Alter Aeon!

Last month we had some of the highest daily userloads since 2016, peaking at 110 players on December 23rd.  Hopefully with the great events and new features we have planned for 2019, we will continue to see those numbers rise.

Speaking of great events, our Winter Solstice event is ongoing and will be wrapping up on January 6th.  If you haven't already experienced the event, there is still time to finish everything!  The main event quest begins with the fairy queen in event area 127, and it directs you toward eight unique areas, each with an item to be recovered.  Don't forget to try out the reindeer-themed pk battles!

Our next event will be one celebrating Alter Aeon's 24th anniversary!  This year there will be an all new three part event where players will seek to turn Dentin's attention away from the starry depths back to Alter Aeon.  The Museum of Player Nostalgia will be re-opened for the duration.  The event will begin on Friday, January 18th and end on Monday the 21st.

In December we saw several improvements to the crafting code, such as:
- several new leathercraft items, including rings for dragonscale armor.
- a 'craft unname' command that allows players to remove their name from crafted items
- a 'craft label' command was also added that allows players to add certain keywords to items

Other additions include:
- a 'recast reset' command to easily clear your recast list
- refashioning the 'reinforce armor' skill as a proper forging skill with significantly cheaper cost
- having appraise strings now show up on identify, store listings and auction.

Next month we plan to add the following features:
- a 'rune' command for looking up rune-words
- the ability to gain profession points from brewing skills
- MSP sounds for auctions
- the ability to empty carried containers into other containers you are carrying
- the ability to empty carried containers onto tables on the ground
- a new level 41 zone for Suboria called the Ishi Province area for Suboria

Also, new level 38 skills will be coming out soon.  For more information, please check out our latest presentation on Youtube here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rZ53VXUzRE

-Shadowfax
http://www.alteraeon.com

2019-01-04 01:22:53

Hi.
Alright sounds like fun! I can't wait for this stuff, I'll get on vipmud, don't want to miss out! Thanks for the update, it's always nice to see what's going on with my favorite mud!

Guitarman.
What has been created in the laws of nature holds true in the laws of magic as well. Where there is light, there is darkness,  and where there is life, there is also death.
Aerodyne: first of the wizard order

2019-01-04 01:22:56

Just something I've noticed Shadowfax that I would really like to see change about these updates.

You mention you can see those videos for more information, but in fact, they are just verbatim repetitions of what you have said here and so there really is no more information on them.

Just something I've noticed repeatedly.

That said, really looking forward to the events, and also,  that new area, even though I'm still on cordain and won't be going there for a very long time.

2019-01-07 11:37:59

this game was pretty damn cool when I use to play it years ago, think I might jump back in

can i get a peace double harmony burger? no chaos