2019-01-22 02:24:22

hello folks, thought I'd tell you of some of the new cool things in the latest update.

1. abortion is now available by country (I assume that means it is illegal in countries where it is illegal in real life)
2. you can now pickpocket as an additional type of crime.
3. men can now have love children
4. you can now get prenuptual agreements
5. birthdays and star signs are now part of the game.
6. you can now die in assaults.
7. there are now misbehaving children interactions.

that's all I can recall from stuff. I don't include the bug and glitch fixes and they said they made some UI improvements, but don't know if that helps us this time.

2019-01-22 05:06:42

those developers are really responsive

Add me on Skype, search for The Evil Chocolate Cookie

2019-01-22 06:42:45

Any word on the Android version of the game?

#JustWondering

2019-01-23 09:03:52

Hi.
Awesome to read that the game now is fully accessible. Time to give it a try.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2019-01-23 09:52:41

I didn't notice any Ui change as regards the two major issues, namely the fact that those overlays are a pain to navigate, and the lack of visibility of personality/relationship stats with vo, but perhaps someone could contact the devs about those problems.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2019-01-23 10:38:27

Hi.
I have created a person. But, I can't do anything at all. I can't choose any of the activities, or do any of the options. How do I get started? I have tried everything I can think of.
I feel pretty stupid by asking this, since you all seems to get started pretty easily. smile

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.

2019-01-23 13:29:00

You have to press the age button three timesbecause you can't do anything until you're three, then you'll be able to spend time with your family

2019-01-23 14:29:05

also regarding the age thing, a lot of stuff doesn't open up until you are older, for example in most places you can't buy a car until you are an adult.

also, bit of advice because this has happened to me a couple of times now.

Turn automatic updating off if you spend several days on a character or more in this game. If the game updates, you lose your current guy and will have to start over.

2019-01-23 14:29:54

sorry for the double post but one more thing you can do if you have the unluckiness to have it happen early on. You can go to the doctor if you get sick before you are 3.

2019-01-23 19:46:40

hah managed to get til age 135 and died from stroke rofl

2019-01-23 20:49:57

As for the android version, basically any time now

Add me on Skype, search for The Evil Chocolate Cookie

2019-01-23 22:29:05

Thanks a lot for your help.
The game is quite awesome. The adds are damn annoying because I can't click them away and have to restart the app nearly every time they pops up.

Best regards SLJ.

2019-01-24 23:59:05

also have to share a couple stories that would be really sad if they were real.

The first was I had a girl get beaten to death by her younger sibblings when she was 8 after insulting her little sister.

The second is my current guy lost his Mom at age 7 in a landslide. His last experience with her was at age 6 when she took him into a bar.

2019-01-25 09:05:59

This game is so weird so it's fun. Died at the age of 3, getting insulted by my brother.
The adds are so annoying so I supported the developers by buying the game. I would either end up getting so annoyed by those stupid adds so I just dropped the game and removed it from my phone, or buy the game to give it a serious try. I chose the last option. smile

Best regards SLJ.

2019-01-26 13:05:22

hello guys any news about android version of this game?

2019-02-08 19:13:09

Hi guys,

there's been another update to bitlife so I thought I'd share it with you.

1. You can now visit the Psychiatrist if you are unhappy.
2. You can now work harder at work.
3. you can discuss and argue over college plans with your kids.
4. you can commit burglaries.

not too much but they are still promising more shortly.

just thought I'd tell you guys.

2019-02-08 21:53:41

any news of fixing those bloody overlays? That is one of the things that stops me giving Bitlife a db entry at the moment, since last time I checked I was still occasionally getting lost on screen, not to mention having a wee bit of difficulty just reading the last year or few years results.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2019-02-08 22:30:09

I haven't installed the new update yet as it erases a life if you are in the middle of it so I'm not installing anything new until I finish the life I am on.

As for the overlays, I'll tell you a few things to help you deal with them.

1. to read the most recent entries in your life, tap a little under halfway down the screen in the middle.  in terms of vertical and slightly to the left. It will take some experimental tapping but you can find it if you want.

2. for the stuff that pops up, it generally appears in the center of the screen. If it is an event or decision that has several options, make sure you scroll down, even into the age/occupation/rlationships/etc because sometimes a choice or two is inbedded in there. It is hard but manageable and just requires a little more patience.
3. on the real estate menu once you get the knowledge on houses, you start at the top while on the list of cars to buy, you usually start the menu at the bottom.
3. you start the activities menu at the bottom and have to go backwards to get where you want to go. the submenus there with the exception of "end life" are in more or less alphabetical order. for example, movie theater comes right after mind and body.
4. You start the relationships menu at the top, except in a rare exceptional case when you have a particular number of relationships (don't remember how many.) in which case you start at the bottom. Shortly above that number things like "children" "grandchildren" and late relatives get put in separate  sub-menus on that page.
5. as for the popups if you are swiping down, look to the above-mentioned thing about decisions, but they start shortly after your biography and before the "age" button. Though again, some decisions might be mixed in with  the other menus at the bottom so scroll all the way if you aren't sure.
6. With your significant others (boyfriends/girlfriends/spouses etc." You will not always have both the option of have a conversation and spend time with them. With a fiance, you don't have either as things are, so unless you are in for heartbreak, I wouldn't try to get hitched until you have enough money for a wedding. But there is a workaround. If your fiance demands you get married, say "plan the wedding" and then click the "close option" on the wedding planning window rather than something like "call off the engagement" or something like that. This lets you buy time to get money for a wedding you want without hurting your relationship beyond just the general decay over time.

That's some advice I've found for playing the game and it is pretty manageable, though of course some stuff in prison is deemed undoable at this point, though I haven't learned for certain from my own experience.

2019-02-09 02:04:27

The last version fixes the overlais.

2019-02-26 22:48:04

okay guys, more bitlife news.

1. huge overhaul to the relationships thing you can do with family members
2. things like the salon and spa are now available.
3.  the game is trying to be more realistic in cost of living by country.

a lot of bug and interface fixes that I don't know about specifically.

just thought I'd get in here and tell you.

I'm not up to this version yet as I only upgrade between lives,  but there was some definite improvement when the game was upgraded last time on my system. Still has some slight overlay issues, but much, much, better now.

2019-02-26 22:52:29

a lot of overlays, like the relationship screen, are easier to navigate

2019-02-26 23:11:28

also forgot something guys in my update, they said they were working on making the game available to other platforms, so you Android users might be able to play soon.

2019-02-26 23:39:45

Glad the overlay thing is improving, have they addressed accessibility directly or is this a happy accident.
I'll have to pick the game up again and give it another look.

2019-02-27 00:32:59

I'm pretty sure it was done on purpose because in the update where they labeled the buttons accessibility improvements was listed in the features. Also the game is already available for Android but I don't have the link

2019-02-27 04:14:22

the android version is not accessible.