2018-12-24 14:54:06 (edited by pelantas 2020-02-07 14:17:18)

Hi all,

A few minutes ago, v2.0 of our audiogame audio cookieclicker was released. Some of the most notable changes are:

- The limit of 1 billion cookies cause of the limits of the bgt language is now gone. You now literary can increase the cookies till the endless amounts.
- the oppertunity of playing in multiple language is now available. English and dutch are the first languages
- New music and soundeffects delivered by daygar are now in.
- Several new hotkeys are available in the various menu's, please consult the readme for more details.
- the code is now working far more smooth and the sounds and such are secured now.

This update is being written by forumuser and team member daygar. Thanks a ton for writing this update, i personally appreciate it a lot. smile

Find the game via our audiogames page on our website:
http://www.nonvisiongames.com

Sincerely yours,
nonvisiongames

Visit the following website to see what games we have:
Or the following English marketplace to see what retrogames and game merchandise I am selling:
https://www.retro-kingdom.com

2018-12-24 15:55:37

sounds cool, downloading now

And as anyone who's gone mountain climbing knows ,The serene snow-covered peaks that look so tranquil from a bdistance, Are the deadliest
sound is my vision
i rarely check my private messages on the forum, so if you want to contact me please use my email, or dm me  at oussama40121 on tw

2018-12-24 16:05:35

Keep up the good work! I hope that your game will Inspire developers to create more incrimental audio games.

2018-12-24 16:45:18

hi, this looks pretty solid so far. I just have a few suggestions:
1: When baking manually, could you make it so the menu doesn't reload every time you bake a cookie so you can do it faster? Or better yet, have a hotkey like enter in the baking mode where you can quickly bake cookies.
2: How about importing the original cookie clicker's achievements, upgrades and buildings into the game? Based on the framework you already have in place, I doubt this would require much coding and legally it would also be alright since you're not selling the game. All the data you'd need you can find on the cookieclicker wiki.
3: I don't know exactly by how many percentages the building costs increase each time you buy a building in the original game, but could you please make it percent based rather than everything just going up by a flat rate?

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2018-12-24 16:46:46

Hi,
Yea, going to download it! I'm just searching for good games to play!

Thanks for reading my post.

2018-12-24 17:12:45

HI,

wow, thanks for all the replies so far smile

@deathtime
I hope so, cause right now we have browser incremental games, which are good, don't get me wrong, but this kind of incremental games are a nice twist to the original varients we currently have.

@conner

Thanks for your suggestions, i will take a dive in the cookie clicker wiki and see if i can include some more of the original cookieclicker game.

A hotkey can be easely included, but baking mode will become available when you have purchased at least a single automation upgrade. As said, a hotkey can be easely included in baking mode, i don't know if that will do for you?

With the current framework the menu has to be constantly reloaded, so this hotkey could be a valuable addition.

I agree the pricing is done rather oddly, but i will take a look into making it more percentage based. Any suggestions on how large the increase in pricing should become for each automation? Cause right now, the original pricing gets added on top of the price. For example, the automation cookie costs 20 cookies by default, but 40 if you want to have a second one, 60 if you want a third one etc.

Keep the feedback coming guys!

Greetz mike

Or the following English marketplace to see what retrogames and game merchandise I am selling:

2018-12-24 17:50:25

hi, the original cookie clicker calculates building prices in the following way:
price=n*1.15, where n =number of currently owned building. So when you first buy a building, you'd buy it for the base price, and every subsequent building would add 15% of the last price to it.
That's exactly what I'm hoping for, a hotkey in the baking mode itself you can quickly press without having to arrow to an option all the time for baking.
And of course... Who can forget the legendary grandmapocolypse!

2018-12-24 18:10:44

Hi,
Yep I am definitely hoping for grandmarpocolypse. I think there are some other thigns in there like giant cookie and some sort of scifi element as wel at one point.

2018-12-24 18:15:20

HI,

@conner,

keep in mind that the first cookies should be gained via the menu, but i have noted it down when i start upgrading the stuff smile Will be the enter button i think smile

As said, when i get onto upgrading the stuff for version 2, cause this isn't a patch anymore then, i will change the automation stuff to the original cookie clicker stuff.

and, i will find a way to get the percentages working. Noted, noted and noted big_smile

Greetz mike

2018-12-25 12:51:47

This game is alright, but I don't like keeping it on too long because it warms up my laptop very (and I mean very!) quickly. It's rather laggy (but this has been mentioned in the readme.) I think you're blocking GUI events from processing when the game is in baking mode, because the title bar flashes almost like it's become unresponsive. Same thing happens in the menu.

It seems like you're throwing the game into an infinite while loop with no Yield to other threads while in baking mode...

2018-12-25 13:01:22

I was going to report the lag but Munawar beat me to it. With Charm running I noticed that when I enter baking mode it maxes out a core completely on my CPU, which makes my fans very unhappy and seems to sometimes effect NVDA reading. Other than that,  I'm hooked. smile

<Insert passage from "The Book Of Chrome" here>

2018-12-25 15:51:18

HI,

@ 10 & 11

Thanks for reporting the lag issues, i have noted it down to improve upon this system, so lag hopefully won't happen to much anymore.

Greetz mike

2018-12-25 16:39:40

I never had that much lag on my first gen i5 with 4 gigs of ram and the laptop stays cold 99 percent of the time.
And yeah, these are my types of games, have to play merry Clickmas again.
smile Keep up the good job.

I am myself and noone is ever gonna change me, I am the trolling master!

2018-12-25 17:25:58 (edited by Munawar 2018-12-25 17:27:28)

It's really bad when it lags on a system like mine with an SSD, 2.9 GHZ Core I-7 system. This is a system that loads Visual Studio in about three seconds. LOL. For a simple game like this, there's no reason it should lag so much and take up so much processing power.

2018-12-25 18:05:47

HI,

@angel

I am glad you like the game smile

@munawar,

I find it kinda odd that with the specs you mention that the game takes so much of your processor. But i think i have a design in mind which will reduce the switching between screens so much. Which in terms should reduce the lag. But i ahve to wait a few days before i have the time to start implementing it. Christmas celebrations smile

But it has my attention.

Greetz mike

2018-12-25 21:00:23

Hi.

thanks a lot for the game, and hope your having a good christmas. I'm afraid though I'm running into  problems.
I can bake cookies, but firstly the menu resets each time I hit enter on "bake cookie" which means i need to bake another cookie.
then, once I buy one automated cookie and go into  baking mode,the screen says "achievements" and literally nothing I press fixes that e, the game completely freezes.
Nvda gets stuck on a window that I can't exit. the music continues and a sound which  I assume is cookie baking, but nothing works, I can only close the program with task manager.

The first achievement box "new breadcrumb in town" did close okay and go onto the menu, but I wonder if there is a problem with the second? Either way hope the game gets fixed as I look forward to progressing.

Oh, and as a last miner comment, could we please use some different background music? i always think of that track as the  one from screaming strike.

Its nice to hear, but baking cookies and noisely knocking out  your enemies are two rather different things :d.

Btw, sorry about the negative comments at christmas. I will admit I'm on my laptop which has a  slower processor than my desktop, I'll try the game on my destkop and see if that makes a difference, though I won't be able to do that until thursday.

Until then, hope everyone is having a nice  Crimbo thus far.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2018-12-25 21:04:50

Just read the readme in detail, it will fix your problems which are not really problems, that is the way the game is meant, press s to stop backing kookies, c to see how many kookies you have, the rest you have to read them because I really can not remember them. big_smile

2018-12-25 21:14:16

you know, the baking mode in general seems a little impractical to me. In all idle games, the game usually keeps running and generating more stuff as you go and buy your upgrades, units etc. I wonder if this game could do that as well?

2018-12-25 22:21:55

Hi,

@dark

i agree on the fact that the baking mode needs some redesigning, cause after palying with it myself some more, it also caught my eye that the achievements screen is mostly active. But it hopefully will be fixed when i have implemented the new baking mode.

And as angel said, in the read me there are the various hotkeys listed, whiile in baking mode you can hit the S key, to stop automaticly baking, c, to check on how many cookies you have, a, to check on how many cookies you bake per second and the other ones are listed there as well.

And no worries, about bringing bad news, that's how the game can improve smile

@conner

In the other incremental games it is indeed that generating keeps going, but this concept is designed slightly different, but perhaps i can add a hotkey which opens up the shop, so even when in baking mode, you can purchase your upgrades? This of course leaves the first menu in place. I have to find a good solution without breaking down the framework i have now ...

For example guys, should the current framework be replaced by just a single screen? In which you can bake cookies manually, access the shop, check your statistics, access options and the like? Instead of the first menu which is presented now? It can be done for sure, but it will require some time, to redesign the framework.

Any thoughts smile

Greetz mike

2018-12-26 00:08:47

one way you could do it is to have the screen presented with several tabs. So you could be in the game, your automatic producers would be baking away. You'd be able to see the bake cookie button and possibly press space or enter on it, but if you pressed tab, you could enter the store which you could browse with the arrows, and while you're on each item you could press hotkeys to see how many you already have and how many it costs. If you pressed tab again, you would find a button that let you open a stattistics view like you have it now, and if you tabbed again you'd be back at the baking button. This would probably require recoding of most of the interface though, I wonder whether there's an easier way. Also that screen could get cluttered later, if things like ascending, sugar lumps, wrinkles, gold cookies etc. are ever added.

2018-12-26 13:21:18

HI

@conner

thanks for your suggestion, i think i have a new design in mind. But it won't be as flexible as in the online incremental games. But i think i certainly can do something wtih the tabs. But i think that the increasing of your cookies can be done when you are in the right tab. I will amke some more drawings and when i get some more spare time, i will start redesigning the framework, which hopefully will reduce the lag and the asking to much of some cpu's smile

Greetz mike

2018-12-26 18:17:54

sorry I didn't explain what I meant about baking cookies very well (my computer was on a slowdown for some reason).

What I mean is when you hit enter on "bake cookie" your put back up to the top of the menu, meaning that rather than having to just click or press a key to bake cookies you keep having to hit downn arrow to find the option again and again.

As to   the achievements thing, yes, hitting s to stop baking cookies did let me interact with the menu again, though I still seem to be stuck on a pannel that just says "Achievements" all the time and won't let  interact at all, indeed I can't check achievements for some reason at all, I have to hit s to interact with the game once again even when I earn an achievement which is a little frsutrating.

As angel says, this isn't usually how autoamted clicker games work, usually they go on producing irrispective of what you do.
Still I'll wait for the update and see what happens.

Thanks again for the game and the work your putting in, it is appreciated.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2018-12-26 18:33:38

HI,

@dark

thanks for your explanation, i completely understand on why the current framework is so frustrating, but i probably have a new framework in mind, which i am putting together and testing out. This newe framework will eliminate the menu's almost entirely, and will work with a few tabs, which conner suggested, but this will let the cookies floathing in, except when you are viewing something in a menu, but almost all functions will be ported to this new framework. Should this new framework work better for you all, then i will edit the stuff, and make it into our own cookieclicker for the blind big_smile

Our as in the format of community, not just us from nonvisiongames smile

Greetz mike

2018-12-26 19:18:05

Hi Mike. that sounds cool.

I have played a while now and bought various things, but again I can't see achievements so I'm not really sure how I'm doing or how things are interacting with each other, or even which objects I should aim to buy next, indeed it might be helpful if there were other bonuses around or goals rather than just buying more and more producers of a single resource, then again I realize this is the start of development  hopefully this game is going big places.

2018-12-26 20:16:27

Achievements are only ranks, for example, when you do 100 kookies I believe, you promote to rank 1, that are your achievements, you can see the rank in the stats menu.
Hth.