2018-12-29 22:34:51

Some people just use religion for their own personal gain. Not everyone, just some people.  People in mid evil Europe did it. People today do it.  Out of curiosity do you, or have you in the past, carry any traditional samoan beliefs,  and have any merged with the incoming religions?

I would rather listen to someone who can actually play the harmonica than someone who somehow managed to lose seven of them. Me, 2019.

2018-12-30 08:59:20

When I was younger, I used to say that I was an atheist. Eventually, though, I realized that I was only saying that because I hated being dragged to church by my parents.
Now, I know myself to be agnostic.
I don't believe that it's possible to prove or disprove, objectively and undeniably, the existence of one or more gods. Certainly not now, and probably not ever.
One of the definitions of "faith" is "belief that is not based on proof", and that is a kind of belief that I'm not capable of.
Even if the words of all the different holy books were given to the people by some god, directly or through a prophet, and even if the current versions are identical to the original written versions, there might have been a time when the words were passed down orally from generation to generation. In that time, the words may have been altered in the retelling, deliberately or otherwise.

2018-12-30 11:41:50

hi. first I want to greate you all guys with a islamic greating. assalamualaikum. may peace be upond you. first, if for the first post, which is the owner of this topic, or anyone, please if you can contact me we can set a time and date we discuss this issues. thank you. my skype: tan.mike.foong

My whatsapp: +60182384868. Wallahualam. god knows best.

2018-12-30 18:49:29

I'm just glad that this post hasn't gotten out of hand. Truth be told, I believe in a higher power, but I'm not religious. I was raised Catholic. However, I just choose not to participate in the associated religious activities. I still follow the Catholic faith to some extent though. Part of the reason why I still believe in a higher power is because certain events have taken place in my life that I just can't explain. I don't want to get too deep into them, but needless to say, the events of which I speak cannot be explained by science and such. Don't get me wrong, I'm still a person of science--I have studied Chemistry and Physics at advanced high levels such that a lot of the phenomenon on this Earth is beginning to make sense to me. However, there are just some things that I have tried my best to explain with logic and science that just cannot be explained. I'm not trying to persuade or convert, I'm just stating my beliefs. Nevertheless, I'm amazed at what humankind has been able to achieve thus far. This fact is certainly indisputable. But are we truly capable of unraveling all that is presented to us during our existence?

2018-12-30 19:08:49 (edited by Jason SW 2018-12-30 19:14:55)

As I think I stated in an earlier topic, I think that no matter how long humanity survives, there will always be things that we don't know, and may never know for certain.
Some people think we go on to another place when we die, others think we simply cease to exist. I don't know. I hope for something more after death, whatever it may be, but there's no proof one way or the other.
I'm a live and let live kind of guy. As long as other people aren't trying to shove their religion/beliefs down my throat, I'm fine with them. I wouldn't mind talking about god/religion/spirituality with someone. I try to respect the beliefs of others as much as I can.

2019-01-01 00:14:48 (edited by joshknnd1982 2019-01-01 00:36:35)

I am catholic, myself... as for invisible being in the sky? post number4 or 5 or so? nope don't think so. the invisible being you speak of, and the only explanation of why Jesus could do all that stuff in the bible after he was raised and raised himself from the dead is because both he, and the source being, the one Christians call God the father or the master intelligence, source being behind all  possible existances... the being who put all particles of matter in motion... the ultimate one master being who made matter, time, space, all realities and existances even ones we have not discovered yet... well he is not in the sky. you could travel through outer space forever and not get to him because we are 3-dimensional beings. and God is a being of more than 3 dimensions. maybe 10, 15, 20? everything in this universe opperates in 3-dimensional space, length, width, height and being forced forward through time which may be half of another or fourth dimension. dimension being directions in which particles can travel. Let's say there is a universe of 2-dimensional completely flat beings, a whole universe of them. and that universe is represented by a piece of paper. one day a paper cube lands on the paper. the 2-dimensional beings would only see a cross-section of that cube. if the cube lifts off the paper even a millimeter or nanometer, then it is invisible to our universe of two-dimensional creatures. and the cube creature can in fact move up and down in its 3-dimensional space because it is a cube. the two-dimensional creatures who have no concept of height, up and down, can no longer see or even get access to the cube creature that is a centimeter above their flat 2d universe even with their most advanced 2d technologies because their whole universe is based on 2d-space, 2d-objects, 2d computers, and so on, while the 3d cube creature seems to have amazing magical powers when in fact the 3d reality gives it abilities beyond anything the 2d universe creatures can possibly imagine or invent. I believe God and science go together, you can't separate one from the other. So God made a 3d body for himself at a certain point in our space time continuum and lived as a human in our 3d universe, died, then was raised from the Dead and returned from death to life but this time demonstrating to us his abilities as a greater than 3d being. so that some day we could live with the master being most often called, or known as, God the master intelligence, master scientist, ultimate being, who somehow is also existance itself, inhabiting 5, 10, 20 or more dimensional reality. But that is also backwards-compatible with 3d-space. The bible is like a zip file on a computer. It gives a basic general overview often using symbolism and different writing styles to convey information about God, like if you open a zip file in notepad and try to read or interpret it yourself,  all you get is what seems like ascii jibberish. you need a propper zip unpacker. same with the bible. you need a source christian church that came or was established directly from the master being who came maybe from 20d space into our 3d space to instruct us in the best way to live for us to have the most freedom possible and do our best not to make errors against the master intelligence's directions,the being who somehow is existance, behind all existances establishing the organization that people who make lots of mistakes developed into the source christian church, that is now called catholic and is still in development, which spent the most anount of time unpacking all the stuff in the bible and relaying it for people to understand. the authors wanted a simple way to explain stuff to people of 2000 and 3000 years ago from 0AD back to maybe 3000 or so bc. Adam and eve or the first ever humans who the authors of those books named adam and eve, I don't think they ate a fruit from a tree. and paradise was more than a simple garden. it may have been our earth but with 5 or 6 dimensions. i think whatever they did was so bad and possibly destructive that it possibly and for our own good because God or the source being only cares about good for all humanity... through all history... so anyway it was so bad we were for our own good made to live in this 3d universe, which is a shaddow of the 10 or 20 or more dimensional reality we are really supposed to be living in, but which we currently are not. maybe adam and eve were in a 5 or 6d version of our reality. god let them make some big huge mistake or error against his directions for life and he allowed or permitted this because he said to himself... hey! I got this even greater plan! the being who instigated or who began the information beliefs, and data-war which causes the now 3d humans to still make errors against my directions for ultimate freedom i will permit the being of all errors chaos and mistakes the ones humans sometimes call the devil, demons, etcetera to exist... I'll eventually in my own time continuum which is different from their now 3d time, desire all humanity live with me and experience 10, 15, 20, or more dimensional realities! i will and can take their mistakes which for the sake of explanation face down, and upturn them facing up, pull good stuff out of them at the propper 3d space time... then at a certain time, their 3d bodies die, their consciousness leaves the restrictions of their 3d space, they get new bodies and finally live with me in real freedom in 10, 15 or greater dimensional realities... experiencing things they have never seen, heard, experienced, thought of, and so on! and no new-agers, or modern technology, or aliens, can get us currently 3d based humans beyond our 3d universe even if they claim they can. because if we were suddenly put into the extra-dimensional space, our 3d bodies as they are now could not handle it. as it stands now we are not made or designed for greater than 3d space. our atoms themselves would probably be ripped apart, we would literally disappear the only thing left existing what people have come to call a spirit, soul, or your consciousness without any physical matter attached to it. even our computers work on principals of 3d space. what would a 5d computer be like? or a 10d computer? what could it do? or what could we use it to do? cool amazing stuff. stuff even sound waves are 3d, light which lets people see, is 3d waves. what would a 10d sound wave sound like? or a 8d light-wave look like? we can't imagine. we are restricted to this 3d space. we cannot even imagine. I could go on but i got other stuff to do because its new years eve here in the states.

2019-01-01 00:46:56

at mayana, the god was not made. the being humans call god is the master being behind all realities. the master being was not created. like electricity. did the electricity in your house exist before you moved into it? probably did. intelligent beings called humans figured out how to do that. eventually as you climb so to speak the latter of beings with intelligence, you get to the top, which is a being who is the master intelligence, master mover of all matter, who always existed. and that master intelligence who can also reason and who is also person(s), distinct within it or himself... really really likes making stuff. some stuff is made of matter, some is not. some are beings of pure consciousness... some is light, some is not, stuff that is intelligent, stuff that is not, and interacting with that various stuffs, both proactively and permitting certain things to happpen to that stuff based on universal laws of physics, advanced programming of moralities that is in-built, into all intelligent beings that can reason, math, science, and other stuff we have not yet discovered.

2019-01-01 01:00:59

to the other josh on here, the person who said something about burning in hell? think of god or the master being's love or his wil for the good of all humanity like an oven. an oven can be used to cook your food and prepare it propperly. that is a good thing, very good because we have to eat. in that way the heat from your oven and stove is very good for us. you experience the goodness of that heat by eating your delicious baked fish. but what if you stuffed yourself in the oven and turned it on from the inside somehow? not good at all! you burn up. who burnt you up? you did. yourself. same with god. the master being always loves you. hell can't be a material fire. it makes no sense. not consistent with how God works it would seem. you go to hell because you want to, because for whatever reason you prefer yourself over the 10 or more dimensional reality perfect good amazing place or reality of the master intelligence, being, existance, god after death. hell is just ultimate selfishness. it may be the ultimate expression of selfishness and possibly may be in some form of 1d reality but the master intelligence may give the illusion of 3d space somehow to enhance the selfishness of the place. the worst part is you stay there forever. because you want to. because for whatever reason you hate the master intelligence who made all existances, all stuff(s), you made huge mistakes while on earth and did not make up for them or care to try and fix them, so you go there to the place humans call hell, yourself, because you want to, because you hate life, existance, you hate being, itself.

2019-01-01 01:20:06

a quick note regarding why i think some people are disabled based on my own experiences. first, my son is sighted, he is not disabled at all, not blind, not deaf, and so on. but because i am blind, and his mom is blind, he has opportunities to love us in ways he could not if we were sighted. he has to give more of his time for us, his talents for us for guiding us around sometimes, reading stuff and so on. this 3d space is like a testing ground. God or the master being says, if i permit this or that or the other thing to happen to you, in your life in this 3d space, will you still help others out when possible? and at all times due to us having free will we can say yes, no, not yet, maybe tomorrow. we can say no for 60 years and change our mind at the last moment and say yes just before we die. or we can go around hating and killing and torturing stuff hating even life itself and choose to not live in greater than 10d space and due to our selfishness maybe live in 1d reality possibly alone forever or so engrossed in our own selves we don't care. also we are in 3d space, the folks in the place some people may call heaven, the 5 or 10d or more space, is separated from us temporarily at least by some kind of transdimensional reality barrier set up by the master being for our own Good. I think if we could with our 3d senses perceive or try to perceive that extra dimensional space even for a few moments it would overwhelm us. we would not and could not understand it, it may even damage the very 3d reality we exist in due to its 5d or 10d or greater nature... so for our own good again, a dimensional barrier has been temporarily set up by the master intelligent being who is somehow being itself, master intelligence, person(s) with ability to reason for the good of all existances.

2019-01-01 06:18:44

Hello.
@joshknnd1982,
Although I don't agree with your religious beliefs, but I should say that your explanations about  God and his nature is unique and intresting, At list I haven't heard such an explanations from religious people before.

All the best,
Adel, Akbari.

2019-01-01 10:40:14

joshknnd1982 wrote:

I think if we could with our 3d senses perceive or try to perceive that extra dimensional space even for a few moments it would overwhelm us. we would not and could not understand it, it may even damage the very 3d reality we exist in due to its 5d or 10d or greater nature... so for our own good again, a dimensional barrier has been temporarily set up by the master intelligent being who is somehow being itself, master intelligence, person(s) with ability to reason for the good of all existances.

That sounds scarily like the Boundary in BlazBlue.

2019-01-02 06:06:55

and who knows. maybe it is something like it? regardless, i think there is some sort of boundary set up by the ultimate master being to keep our 3d reality safe and separate from higher-dimensional space, until he is ready for us to die so we can then live in the 10d or greater reality.

2019-01-02 09:58:50

I was raised as a Christian, and while I definitely believe in a higher power of some sort, there are a lot of reasons why I wish I could let that belief go. As a side note, before I go any further, I've always been envious of atheists, because they usually come across as being a lot more well-versed on all angles and types of religions than many religious folks, who prefer to only comprehend the bits of their chosen religion which make it look favorable, even though they still have a wonderful way of striking terror into the hearts of all who don't see things exactly as they do. now, this isn't all religious people, mind you, but there are enough of them that this is a real concern.

There are a lot of things about the Christian faith which don't sit well with me. First, there are denominations. Why are there so many? Even if we exclude the bitterness between Catholics and Protestants, which apparently is still a real thing, why should we nitpick over whether someone is Methodist, Lutheran, or whatever else? We're all reading the same Bible, or are we? How do you even know which Bible you should read, given all the translations there are now? Surely one of them has to be the true word of God, but there has never been any consensus on that. More to the point, what is the point of squabbling over minor differences between denominations when supposedly churches are open places where all are welcome? What is that supposed to accomplish, and who holds the trump card that grants them eternal life if all others are going to hell? It's a numbers game, and a rigged one at that.

next, as others have said, there's the fact that children are often frightened into believing things that are well beyond their comprehension. I won't go into detail about this on a public forum, but I bear some serious emotional scars from things that were done to me as a kid in regards to religion and demon possession. Even without that, I think I'd still have grown up to be uncomfortable with the idea of baptizing babies specifically. If one is complicit in their sin, how can they choose the path their life will follow if they can't even remember being saved? If someone wants to get baptized at any point where they can consent and understand what the process means, then more power to them, but I think it's very wrong to basically doom an innocent infant who can't even think for themselves yet.

In that same vein, here's a scenario I've been turning over in my mind for quite some time, and I can't find a satisfactory answer for it. I've asked a friend of mine what she thought, but I left that conversation feeling even more distraught than when I went in, which I'll explain after I've finished laying out the scenario.

Suppose a kid goes into a store and decides to steal a candy bar. Not out of any malicious intent, he simply lacked impulse control, saw something he was hungry for, and took it. Walking home, maybe feeling a bit smug, munching on his prize, he encounters a predator who kidnaps him and does unspeakable things to him which eventually leads to the death of the child. In a twist of fate, or karma, the predator also gets killed days later, let's say he gets hit by a car. Now, according to Christianity, both are going to be tortured eternally. Both stealing and murder are breaking the ten commandments, and even so, sin is sin or so I've been told. No sin is greater than another, it's all viewed the same in God's eyes. But let's pull back a second. Not only are we talking about someone who molested a child, which is one of the filthiest things a human can do, what if that child had a bad home life, and wasn't necessarily taught that stealing was wrong, or he was legitimately hungry? Even if the child doesn't have a sob story, he's still just a kid, and I can almost guarantee that we've all stolen some tiny trinket or other from a store at some point in our lives, or at least imagined it. And yet, all sin is created equal, and all sinners will be punished equally. Just thinking about it is making me nauseous.

As for the conversation I had with my friend, she basically confirmed that in that situation, they would both go to hell, although she seemed to believe that if the child was taught that stealing was wrong and chose to do it anyway, his punishment would be just, while if he was raised in a faithless or otherwise bad home and/or community and didn't know better, he would be given a chance. Since this runs so painfully counter to anything the Bible teaches, I can only assume she wanted me to forget about the subject and sweep it under the rug. Up until that point, it had been an idle, though disturbing thought. With that dismissal, it became something I couldn't stop thinking about, like an awful song that plays on a loop in your head and won't go away no matter how hard you try to banish it.

So, after all of this ranting, you'd think I would be an atheist, right? Wrong. You see, I do believe in a higher power, even if it isn't the Christian God. And whatever that power is has the ability to create and destroy lives, and entire galaxies. That's scary as hell to me, pardon the pun. Many things can be explained by science, but not all, least of all our essences, our souls, if you will. Lots of personality traits are developed as we learn, grow, and gain life experience, but our general temperament is something we're born with, as well as certain quirks or oddities we may have. If that doesn't come from a higher power, then I don't know what does. I don't necessarily believe we're made in the image of said power, because that opens a whole other confusing can of worms, but we absolutely get our base traits from somewhere, and that can't all be explained by genetics. Science can't even come to a conclusion about what causes mental illness, because it's usually a shit-filled cocktail of components that are out of our control. So how can I not think that something out there is pulling the strings? As I said before, atheists are actually very lucky, because they don't have to wrestle with such questions, although I suppose some did in order to get to the point where they're comfortable in their nonbelief. If I could get to a point where my belief wasn't about 95% based on fear, I'd probably be a better person, but as it stands, the fact that no one can ever truly know what happens after we die, or what is out there, will always keep me in that comfort zone at least somewhat, because the idea of picking the wrong thing is even worse than the thought of possibly having been misinformed all along.

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.

2019-01-02 14:16:43

Not sure, in the early days when I was like 9 to 13 years old, I believed in god, prayed every day, but now I don't believe in god anymore, I don't believe in anything religious.

Feel free to follow me on Twitter @thecoolgamer4 and subscribe to my Youtube channel

2019-01-12 11:50:01

As a person who has passed through a few of the many popular religions, and has been an agnostic for a bit too, I can say that all religions are peaceful and are teaching peace. It's not the religion, it's the people who represent it that are the problem.
I, as well am a Muslim and I'm an open-minded person although I'm religious. I know, these things might not work together but for me they work perfectly. smile <3
Peace onto you all.

Beware! If you know me it will be mischief around. I want my peace, your peace and our happiness.
YES(Youth Exchange&study) alumni 2016-2017
Follow. ME.

2019-01-12 11:53:39

@joshknnd1982 Your explanation sounds interesting indeed, sounds a bit fantastic to me, thus some fantasy involved in it, although there's logic. smile
Peace <3

Beware! If you know me it will be mischief around. I want my peace, your peace and our happiness.
YES(Youth Exchange&study) alumni 2016-2017
Follow. ME.

2019-01-16 15:21:54

I'm a relatively happy agnostic/atheist, depending on the day.
I won't rule out the possibility of some sort of higher power. There are a lot of mind-blowing things to think about which science can't explain, and may never be able to. But one thing I am convinced of, heart and soul: none of the currently existing religions have got it right. Not even close. With the possible exception of Buddhism, and that's more a philosophy than a religion anyway in most ways.
I can't buy into any of the doctrines that most major religions preach. I'm heartily sick of the "my god's better than your god" stuff I see on a daily basis. I don't like it when people use religion as a wedge, a weapon, a tool of fear or a means of exclusive moral guidance. There are good lessons in the canonical bodies of all religions - even things like spiritual Satanism - but as so often happens when a group in power has means by which to judge others, it all falls apart. There's just not nearly enough evidence for me to believe that the Christian God, or Allah, or the Hindu pantheon are real, in any sense that adherents would believe in.
That said, I am relatively gentle in my atheism. I can debate fiercely, but I won't do so unless I feel someone else is seeking such a thing, or trying to inflict by force upon others what should be shown to them voluntarily and with much more care. Put another way: talk to me, don't push it down my throat, and I'll grant you the same out of respect.
I say that I'm sometimes agnostic, however, because if there is some sort of higher power, and it makes itself known somehow, I will not turn away from it. I may not go running toward it, but I'm open-minded. The first step in learning is to admit that there is always more to know. The second is to admit that what you know might not be true. I'm down with both of those concepts.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2019-01-16 22:20:30

This is one intresting topic.  I myself used to believe in god, and then I saw the true light.  I started questioning why things in da bible didn't make any sense.  For example the 3 creation stories they tried to rap up in to 1, the Hill people, god herself and or himself, and the story of Satan; and well satan himself and the powers that he or she holds.  First of all the books of Christianity and the books of  Islam came from the books of the Jews; clearly religions that spawned off Judaism.  All of those 3 religions books and manuals written  by man and  I mean old men who deemed themselves experts in what God wanted those lower then themselves such as the poor, rulers, merchants and--- well you get the picture; to believe, feel act, and do.  And what about your Privacy?  If god is watching you empty your bowels, shower, get dressed, eat your breakfast, lunch, and dinner, do your work, walk down the street, and well do the matrass mambo; doesn't that classify him as a stalker,and a perv?  And how about all these revisions?  If the books are god's word. why so many changes and inconsistencies?  I say I do me, and you do you.  Don't force your beliefs and shit if you are a follower of any organized religion upon others.  Nobody wants that crap, would you?  I could go on, but I won't.