2019-01-01 15:09:27

Hi Liam,

I would like to make a suggestion with respect to the newest version of The Great Toy Robbery. How about adding two keyboard commands, one for checking our points as well as one for checking our high score? I read the manual and it didn't contain any refference to any of these keys, which are vital if we want to play competitively against other players. I hope you add these keys in a future update to this game.
Happy New Year,
André

Thumbs up

2019-01-02 06:41:54

next version I would suggest could you add toy grabber or plastic bag when stealing toys
how would be makes sense if we get a lot of toys with empty hand
yes it true we can grab some but not all of this
about geting toys if we pick a lot of toy could you add weight and walking speed is slower
oh I for got to say you can make my suggestion in a challenge mode or survival mode some thing like that or make separate in the same one
I think it give more challenge and fun to all player and even harder so you can add more achievement
I hope my suggestion will consider in the next update

the bestest reward for people who are working so hard they should receive their experience of their own life.
everyone can collect in everyday.
:d

Thumbs up

2019-01-02 14:15:17

I'm not sure about plastic bags or any stuff like that, since I think realism is not exactly the goal of this game. But there is indeed a huge potential in this game. It could be interesting to add some bonus, some kind of temporary boosts that would activate randomly during a game, or if a certain amound of toys are collected in a realy short period. This bonus could be randomly chosen by the system. Here are some suggestion :
-additionnal time (teen or twenty seconds), extra points, enhanced speed, temporary toy grabber allowing you to attract toys from a short distance by pressing a key, or simply making the default grabing distance longer for a short while, temporary elve killer (or stunner), etc.
Randomly, some neutral bonus could also be generated by this system, bonus that would have no effect on the game itself, giving no advantage or disadvantage and therefor, would be as fun as frustrating. examples : temporary change of the footsteps noise (squicky sounds, splaching sounds or whatever), a random noise completely useless but fun, just popping as an empty bonus opportunity )could be a sound chosen amound a large repertory of toy sounds to make it funier), etc.
No need to say that this could be an opportunity to put some random achievement here.

Hoping you'll like those suggestions,
have a nice day!

Simon

Thumbs up

2019-01-03 05:30:42

100: You may need to clear your high score from the options menu first.
101: The main menu will always list your highscore on the option to post. Points aren't calculated until the game is over so I can't give a point breakdown during the game.

Everyone else. Thanks for suggestions. I'm not planning on doing much more to TGTR right now other than bug fixes.

My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my space bar. Prepare to die!

http://l-works.net

2019-01-03 09:36:26

Hey, what happened to the game's own screen reader? It no longer works. When press any keys it says nothing.

Thumbs up

2019-01-03 10:15:12

do you mean text to speech? Not quite exactly sure what you mean.

2019-01-03 10:16:28

Yeah, I mean tts. It used to work in previous versions.

Thumbs up

2019-01-03 15:53:07

strange. I will check in to this.

2019-01-04 03:21:18

As for the suggestion about a bag, I'd guess we're meant to assume or imagine that Naughty came with something like that to begin with, so Liam probably felt no need to get that specific. Either that or he's just wearing cargo pants, which as anyone who has ever owned them will know have very deep pockets and quite a few of them to boot.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Thumbs up

2019-01-04 04:04:44

Well, our naughty protagonist does have a backpack, at least according to the message you get if you win the game without collecting a single toy.

Thumbs up

2019-01-04 14:14:08

Wouldn't it be better if there's an obstacle at the borders of the map we're collecting toys on? I'm sometimes stuck at the borders and can't notice that since I'm moving diagonally and it slows me down a bit till I notice I'm almost reach to the edge. A simple obstacle voice would be enough.

Thumbs up

2019-01-04 21:11:14

You can always use the c key to get coordinates. It was the main reason why I added it, so people could be more familiar with where they were on the map.

2019-01-04 22:45:22

I'm really liking all the updates to this. Unfortunately, the game is encountering a crash on my system when blocked by a firewall.

Thumbs up

2019-01-04 23:11:16

Yeah, you're right. I'm using c key to check my location any time but it's not useful to press c again and again. I could notice just as I reach the border if it'd be a wall or something has an obstacle voice.

Thumbs up

2019-01-05 10:57:11

Let me see what I can do about both of these issues. It'll take me a couple of days, but I may have an idea for how to deal with the wall stuff. Same with the connection issues. That was something I was supposed to fix a while ago, and I forgot to add it to my to do list.

2019-01-06 05:26:16

Thanks for this game!

Thumbs up

2019-01-06 15:40:05

Am I the only one who wishes for a possibly unlockable, possibly Easter egg, way to skip past the toy robbery stage of a game and cut straight to the Evil Santa stage?

I've been playing a few games every day since the thing came out, and I have yet to face the death sleigh even once! I know if I could do a bunch of Evil Santa escapes back to back, I'd eventually get there.

Thumbs up

2019-01-07 18:58:51

Hi,
I enjoy this game very much, however I have a Problem with the latest Version.
The TTS (sapi) does not work.
And please, give us a way to Change the TTS voice.
Otherwise awesome game!

Greetings and happy gaming, Julian
BTW, give me a thumbs up if you like my Posts!

Thumbs up

2019-01-07 23:09:05

I will be fixing the TTS issues in an update. I will also work on a TTS menu, but I can't promise when I will have that finished.