2020-02-25 01:18:48

Wow!!! This is getting more excited everyday!!! When I read this topic. You guys do a awesome job so far!!! I cant wait for the final project and the game!!!!

Hearthstone Tag ID: RobotWizard#1265216

2020-02-25 16:53:42

Hi,

@number 401, I know it probably seems like I say this all the time, but it really is genuinely appreciated for the positive comments and to see people such as yourself who are so excited about the project. So a big thanks to you and everyone else from the audio games community for all the support  we’ve received so far.

Paul Lemm

2020-03-05 08:08:02

Hello, I just watched the last video, and you're right to say, it's one of the
best I have seen. I'm going tomaybe ask a silly question, but, when the software is released, will there be a
full Sable tutorial provided with the product?.Because there is more and more possibility, which is very good, but that would
be a huge additional help.

And sorry again for my rough English

2020-03-05 23:08:51

Hi,

@number 403,  really pleased to hear you enjoyed the latest video. As for Sable, I’ve tried to build it so that it is as intuitive as possible for anyone to pick up and start using, providing they’ve taken a look at the list of what keys do what. That being said, with a set of developer tools such as Sable I agree that documentation is hugely important. We haven’t yet written the documentation for Sable, but before its full release we intend to have written extensive documentation for Sable. The full documentation won’t be ready for when we begin our QA testing, since we are keen to move Sable into its next phase and begin external testing as  soon as possible. Another reason for not having full documentation at this stage, is documentation is often the last stage of development, since changes can occur during development and testing of software which would affect documentation. although full documentation won’t be available for QA testing, we will provide some key notes and basic information regarding Sable to help those testing it, plus I’ll be on hand to answer any questions and queries the testers have too.

Paul lemm
Ebon Sky Studios
email: [email protected]
Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/ebonskystudios/
Twitter: @ebonskystudios

2020-03-06 09:00:18

Hello, and thank you for your very quick response. You answered it clearly,
and I understand very well what you mean. Continued what you do, it is very positive, and I am impatient to know the
continuation of the events. Also, I would likecongratulate at the same time the member of the team that creates the music, I
find that it is very good and it makes almost 50% ofworks in the insertion of the demo.

I specify that I use a translator to transcribe my language on the site, so sorry if sometimes it can make a mess. See you soon.

2020-03-07 22:58:29

Hi,

@ number 405, thanks for the post. I’m really pleased  you are excited about the project, I’ll also pass your comments on to our sound designer and let him know how much you enjoyed the sounds/music in the videos. I agree with you that good sounds really do impact the quality of audio games and their videos, we’re really lucky to have a professional sound designer in the Ebon Sky Studios team.

Paul lemm
Ebon Sky Studios

2020-03-08 01:57:16

so, Lemm, like how you used yourself in the example. here's a question, can you use different turning sounds, for example,  could you use an echo of a footstep, besides the little wind sound?

Blindness isn't a disability, but a diffrent way of seeing things

2020-03-08 02:27:54

I reaaaaally want to beta test, this sound like an awesome project and ongratulations too many times for words to be able to describe, this project just sounds awesome and I can't wait for it, get excited over it every day.

2020-03-08 11:54:24

Hi,

@ number 407. I Realised in the original  sable video series with the dragon, the rest of the team had all appeared in the game in some  form, but I hadn’t, so thought I’d make myself the lead character in the latest demo smile as for your turning question, do you mean when in indoor style maps, like map two with the dragon in the original sable series, where you have the wind sound play to indicate a corridor/passage? If so, then yes, although you can’t actually change this in sable you can simply go into the radar sounds folder and replace the current sound file   in the indoor map  radar subfolder with whatever sound you like, you just need to keep the same file name. in this same way you can alter any of the radar sounds in your own games so they fit your own game setting better. I’ve actually used lots of different sounds throughout my test maps for indicating corridors/passages, I had a really nice one of an ethereal voice gently whispering ‘over here’ each time you walked past a corridor , which was really nice and a little Erie to wink
-@number 408, really pleased to hear you are still so excited about the project. Development is all going really well, last week I finished my own internal cycle of bug testing, and I’m now working on fine tuning  the timing of status affects (i.e. the timing of when sounds and speech is spoken after affects are cast, to make sure they  sound as fluid as possible in game), I’m hoping to finish that at some stage next week. I’ll then be starting on doing a big code clean up and optimisation  whilst the rest of the team test sable in preparation for external QA testing. I still don’t have a date for that yet, as you never know what issues might crop up that were unforeseen, but we get ever closer and will be posting here  once we are ready to start looking for that small team of QA testers.

Paul lemm
Ebon Sky Studios

2020-03-09 02:00:56

ok well, make sure you tell me when it comes to that time. I would be happy to help! TBH though, you probably won't be able to convince me to get rid off the beta once I have it big_smile

2020-04-11 08:37:30

Wow!!!! This page it's hard to find. So I just bring it back up here.

2020-04-12 00:01:14

Hi,

Sorry its been a while since I posted anything here. development is all going well, The Sable pre-Alpha is now feature complete, I finally finished my own internal cycle of bug testing. Most recently I’ve been performing a bit of a code clean up and optimisation, Sable is a pretty big bit of code too, so it was a fairly large task. One of the reasons for the lack of posts/updates on progress recently, was as part of my code clean up I recoded the abilities and status affects system, which was a bigger project than I’d maybe considered when I first decided to take on the task smile  However, I finally finished the work there earlier this week,  and I’m really pleased with the outcome. The ability and status affects system still has all the same features as before, but with drastically less code,  which will make it more future proof for any additions  that need to get added further down the line. From an end user stand point the new system is also more streamlined and should make for a better and more intuitive creation process for creators wanting to make their abilities and status affects. currently me and the rest of the team are just bug testing the new system and also starting to prepare/create documentation for the QA testers which we hope to start looking for very soon now. . hope you are all managing to stay safe. Dragons, thanks for the post and for your continued  support, it’s really great to see people haven’t forgotten about us and sable, even though we’ve been a little quiet recently, so a huge thanks for bringing the topic back and making it easier for people to find.

Paul Lemm

2020-04-12 01:17:20 (edited by Dragons 2020-04-12 01:18:57)

You're welcome Paul!!! I'm glad that everything going great!!! I cant wait to get Sable and creating game!!! I'm also excited about the games that you guys create!!! I'm ready!!!!

I hope you guys stay save and be healthy!!!

2020-04-12 09:43:43

Hello everyone!

It's great to know that all is going well for you, about the project or your health! I can't wait to try this out, I'd like to be an early tester but I think I won't have time for that unfortunately... But I'll keep watching this topic and thank you again for working on this!
Have a nice day.

Rubyel

2020-04-12 12:16:15

@412
Great to hear you're still continuing work on this and likewise hope you and your colleagues, friends and family are keeping safe and well.

Can't wait to test this system given the chance.

Regards,
Sightless Kombat.
***If you wish to refer to me in @replies, use Sightless***

2020-04-12 16:08:44

Hay Paul, glad to hear things are going well!
Normally I'd say that I don't know about QA testing, but with things in the world the way they are, I might just have some time.
I've never done anything like this before, so just the experience alone would be worth it.
I'll take a look at any documentation you put out, and make my choice then.
Stay safe, healthy, and coding! Haha!
Later!

2020-04-13 00:35:20

Hi everyone,

Thanks for all the messages of support , I hope everyone is managing to stay well during these difficult times.
@Threeblacknoises. Regarding documentation , it’s going to be quite basic for the QA testing team, just covering some basic points, but I will be on hand to help answer any queries or questions the testers have, but also Sable has been specifically built to be fairly intuitive   and make the design process as straight  forward as possible. I appreciate creators will want full documentation come Sables official release, which is something we will  most definitely provide. Full documentation will take a while to write  though and at this stage we want to keep the main focus on Development. Plus, there is a large chance things in Sable could change between now and release with feedback from beta testing, plus additions which may come around from Crimson Eclipse. Due to this though its unlikely we would make the documentation public  since its likely to cover only some of the very basic points. But definitely do keep a watch on the topic for the invite if it’s something you’d be interested in. its only going to be a small group of testers, but its really exciting that Sable is finally almost ready for external testers. As for your comment about keeping on coding, I swear I’ve seen so much code recently that I’m now starting to dream code  smile

Paul Lemm

2020-04-13 01:07:52

This Covid 19 lockdown crap has really done its toll on my internal equilibrium. I've been gnawing at the bit, and I swear soon I'm gonna rear up and kick down this stall just so I can get a breath of freedom, even if it's full of airborne viruses. As a consequence, I'll be one of the ones eagerly looking forward to getting my teeth into Sable, so would love being able to test it upon availability.
This is, of course, in no way a demand or even request for you guys to hurry up with the project. LOL. I'm just expressing my frustration with the world at large, along with my desire to contribute in some small way to a product I've been very excited for. (yes, I ended a sentence with a preposition! Linch me later, if you must.)

Kai

Spill chuck you spots!

2020-04-13 09:17:39

I agree with the last post. I would love to test this creation tool. This is amazing!

2020-04-13 14:58:35

The last two messages before me have said it all, and I think like them!.
Meanwhile, take care of all of you in this difficult period.

2020-04-14 00:37:08

Hi,

Huge thanks to everyone for the posts, it really is great to see so many people eager  and excited about the project and the upcoming QA testing.

Paul Lemm

2020-04-14 11:53:22

Hi Paul,
I‘m looking forward to be a beta tester of Sable.
It looks so promissing.
Best regards

Werner Katz

I like to meet new People.
Feel free to follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/katzwerner?lang=de

2020-04-14 13:30:26

Hi paul! keep up this grate work.
I have been watching your all videos.
I am very excited for this awesome product, which can change our life in gaming industry.
I would definitely like to test sable as a beta tester.
eagerly waiting for this milestone!

2020-04-14 13:35:09

@lemm, check your pm

my discord: gamer20#7735
my keybase, note you will need the keybase mac, linux, or windows client to access it: k:\public\theblindgamer50
if you also wish to contact me on telegram, you can do so by going to this link: http://t.me/theblindgamer50
have a nice day!

2020-04-15 00:42:11

This looks excellent, a really great way to enable people with minimal experience to produce their own games. What is your process for finding beta testers? Appologies if this has already been explained further back in the thread.