2018-12-11 21:57:23

Hi. This is DHT.
I'm now unrestricted and here is my first released game: The CM Audiogame, hosted and developed by DHTStudios.
You can download it here:

Just got such boring Things to do.
I actually want the legendary audiogames back!

2018-12-11 22:34:23

wait!!!!!!
what the?

Thumbs up

2018-12-11 22:39:16

You did not read the rules, clones are not allowed here, I think understanding is not a problem, because your english seems fine.
CM is a clone, so yeah, post will be reported for sure.

I am myself and noone is ever gonna change me, I am the trolling master!

Thumbs up

2018-12-11 22:48:10

what is this? i have never seen this?

Thumbs up

2018-12-11 22:48:17

Righto.

I'm not disagreeing with those of you who have reported this thread, and I'm definitely not going to stand idly by if it's proven that this is an Ultra Power clone. But I don't see anywhere on the website where it actually says this. What the heck is City Mass anyway?

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

Thumbs up

2018-12-11 22:50:21

City Mass was once confirmed to be a clone in it's original topic, however since then they said it was going through a rewrite. However, I do not know which version of the game this is. Is it official or are you just hosting a server?

Thumbs up

2018-12-11 22:51:44

cm is a clone of btb or whatever it name is, and btb is a clone of ultrapower

Thumbs up

2018-12-11 22:57:42

well what we really need is evidence of this before we go blasting whoever. we need the original developers to come here to say whether this is a clone or not and whether their code has been shaired without their consent etc. it would help all round.

Thumbs up

2018-12-11 23:02:54 (edited by pauliyobo 2018-12-11 23:04:07)

I have been unfortunately one of the CM developers, and I can confirm this is indeed a clone.

The website wrote:

Here, you can see my first game, city mass! I have gotten the source from the old CM, and am now hosting my own copy! The download link is here:

Also, both changelogs, exactly match with the same text, which means the game has been copied and released. Want the proofs? I could paste both changelogs, but they are huge, and you would think I am pasting the same content, since they have literally the same text. I understand that bashing him like this could seem missleading, but I can confirm 100% this is a clone.

Paul

2018-12-11 23:06:11

@8 well, code has been used without my consence, like I've been using that code without consence 2 years or so ago.
The storry is quite long, and I wouldn't mind explaining it in private. Long storry short, the code is of multiple people, and as a final result JenniOS released the source to the public even though they didn't have the right to.

Paul

2018-12-11 23:07:44

My only comment is: Nah...
Reasons?
1. No real description of what the game is about.
2. A new developer, from: Behind your computer? Seriously?
3. The website says absolutely, nothing!
Well, I'm done...

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2018-12-11 23:20:47 (edited by cartertemm 2018-12-11 23:21:14)

@mods
Your reluctance makes a fair bit of sense, at least in the case of Jayde who to my knowledge hasn't ever gotten involved in the ultrapower/btb/cm mess. It's an extremely long story, one which would be resolved by keying in "city mass" into the AgNet search box, although I certainly wouldn't mind providing a concise definition if it turns out to be necessary.

Aaron on the other hand... I surmise you haven't had the chance to download and have a look? I've got it pulled up in a sandbox. Same changelog, same game, same sounds, same everything. If it looks, smells, sounds, eats, and breaths like a duck well then I'd say it's probably a duck. I'm currently comparing elements of the two games and am yet finding it quite difficult to spot differences, coming from a guy who unfortunately knows the history and story all too well. Seems like this one will be for Aaron to handle due to prior experience. I suggest you grab it and come to the same conclusions everyone else has, or listen to public opinions which have it down to the post. Either way, out of respect for the original developer, such content shouldn't be allowed to spread through this forum

Thumbs up

2018-12-11 23:28:00

I completely agree-I have played CM (and was even an administrator) for a short time, and I know CM like the back of my hand. And this, sir, is a clone. If I do say so myself, Dennis has been caught identical-handed.

#FreeTheCheese
"The most deadly poison of our times is indifference. And this happens, although the praise of God should know no limits. Let us strive, therefore, to praise Him to the greatest extent of our powers." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

Thumbs up

2018-12-11 23:37:36

I NEED TO CATCH UP ON THE MESSAGES BUT DHT, YOU say its your game, when the hole project was origionally mayons, and then with the up days. And also, you just rehosted our old source, and called it your own? roflrofl at least i never did that.

I like my uptime down low and my servers all hacked. Can see me droppin' twenty-fours with a router in the rack.
Ya like ya Switch-Ports hot and ya servers all hacked. If ya pings real high and ya networks pitch black.

2018-12-11 23:42:54

and paul, cm was not yours iether origionally, so i didn't figure i needed *your* permision. And the choice to let go of the project was my disition cause of the history serounding it, and not anyone elses in JenniOS. Now also reporting the origional post.

I like my uptime down low and my servers all hacked. Can see me droppin' twenty-fours with a router in the rack.
Ya like ya Switch-Ports hot and ya servers all hacked. If ya pings real high and ya networks pitch black.

2018-12-11 23:58:26

@15, infact I did not state that you had to ask me. I simply stated that you did not have permission to release it publically

Paul

2018-12-12 00:05:25

And this is a prime example of why there are no open source components for people to make audio games with. Instead of doing real work, someone takes someone else's code, repackages it, and calls it their own game. This practice needs to stop as it's flooding the community with pure garbage.

Much less active on this forum than in the past.

Check out my live streams: http://lerven.me
follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/liamerven

2018-12-12 00:12:17

cm should have been dead a long time ago. I do regret my dealings with that gaabage honestly. but as for this topic, it shouldnt even be hear

2018-12-12 00:12:22

Why can't we just let this die?
It's a piece of audiogame drama that needs to be buried and forgotten. All that game ever brought was drama. Was it fun for its time? Yes, but was it worth it? Hell, fucking, no.
Now, if the mods would kindly close this topic and remove the link, we can move on with our lives.

#FreeTheCheese
"The most deadly poison of our times is indifference. And this happens, although the praise of God should know no limits. Let us strive, therefore, to praise Him to the greatest extent of our powers." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

Thumbs up

2018-12-12 00:18:43

posts 14/15. in fact, you just did that.
read this, please.
I NEED TO CATCH UP ON THE MESSAGES BUT DHT, YOU say its your game, when the hole project was origionally mayons, and then with the up days. And also, you just rehosted our old source, and called it your own? So you say it was Mason's, then he used your, your! own? source? that's the keyword right there. you claim that source to be yours, which it really was not. It still technically was the original dev's, that being Mason or Sam.
Also, you say. and paul, cm was not yours iether origionally, so i didn't figure i needed *your* permision. And the choice to let go of the project was my disition cause of the history serounding it. Indeed, you didn't need Paul's permission. But you sure needed Mason's. and did you have it? you didn't, otherwise we wouldn't be having this discussion. right, anything new?

Thumbs up +1

2018-12-12 00:19:47

And this whole topic folks is why we don't let children play with grown up toys.

Much less active on this forum than in the past.

Check out my live streams: http://lerven.me
follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/liamerven

2018-12-12 01:08:35

Link removed, topic closed.

Thumbs up +2