2018-12-21 09:15:42 (edited by sid512 2018-12-21 09:18:32)

hi,
@gryff.
quite a huge task. although there is a shortcut which might work, depending on your os. In case of windows 7, what I often do is press applications key on the zip file, go to open with sub menu, there is an option windows explorer. once the zip is displayed with windows explorer (without actually extracting it), you can brows the names of the shows within the zip, close the newly opened window and just rename the zip and bingo. it will reduce the time taken to extract and delete the extracted zip, but still renaming them one by one isn't the most interesting activity out there big_smile  also, if you decide to make the downloading through ftp, how would the logins be handled? as far as I can recall, some programmes like idm and other download managers may require you to enter the info each time and resuming is still an issue.

regards

He picked up the wrench and broke the guy’s wrist with it, one, and then the other wrist, two, and turned back and did the same to the guy who had held the hammer, three, four. The two men were somebody’s weapons, consciously deployed, and no soldier left an enemy’s abandoned ordnance on the field in working order.

Thumbs up

2018-12-22 12:51:49 (edited by lightningdragon 2018-12-22 12:57:41)

Hey all,

I was just thinking how can we acquire new content that was never available on blind mice.  According to my understanding there were  volunteers who recorded the audio described program and sent it to blind mice.   There are some problems that I could think of: We don't know how did those volunteers obtain the MP3 file for submission.  We need volunteers in different countries such as the UK and the United States.  We need to make sure of the quality of the files is consistent.
I was looking at methods to extract MP3 from Netflix but there is no direct way besides playing the movie/TV show  and out putting the audio to a software that could record it.  So, I think we might have to use virtual audio cable or sound flower  in conjunction with audio recorder for this.  This is for someone who inquired about getting stuff from Netflix  in this topic.

Thumbs up

2018-12-22 13:28:42

I tried to do a screen recording from my iPhone to record from netflix and it seemed to work.

I was using my apple earbuds at the time, so I had to remember to stay quiet.

That method records as an mp4 file, but it's easy enough to get that onto a windows pc, you can use windows explorer for that.

Infact, that's the only thing windows explorer can do with an iPhone.

I have a program that can extract the audio from video files, so converting to mp3 isn't a problem.

On the windows side there's a program called free screen recorder, from the same people that made free youtube downloader, and a whole bunch of other programs, just remember to use uncheckie when you install their programs because they try to install their crapware onto your system.

Someone also told me about an email list which uploads tv shows as they acquire them, instead of waiting for the season to end like blind mice and sero tend to do, but the last I spoke to my friend, he wasn't yet approved, and he signed up about two weeks before that.

I don't know of the address, I could probably ask him, might take a while to get a response since it's so close to christmas and all.

If I had the room, I'd gladly download that BTSync folder and sort through it.

Thumbs up

2018-12-22 13:45:21 (edited by lightningdragon 2018-12-22 13:49:00)

Hi  @128,

It's good to hear that we have the screen recording option open to us.  However, as you pointed out there are couple of problems with this method.  First, while the recording is going on you need to be quiet. This might be possible for shorter episodes but it's impossible for longer episodes which are   an hour  in length.  Second, while you are recording you cannot use your phone for anything else.  Third, Netflix usually drops a season which is really long (10-12 hour).  This would be time consuming to record on the phone.  Fourth, the MP3 file will be of lower quality because of ambient noise in your environment.
If you  Record using your computer it would be much easier in my opinion.
I haven't tried this, if Netflix supports multiple stream  The volunteer could record multiple episodes at once, which would make it fast for them.
The emailList  sounds amazing.

Thumbs up

2018-12-22 14:35:59 (edited by kool_turk 2018-12-22 14:39:59)

It would be the same for the pc, minus the staying quiet part, and I'd assume your screen reader would come through as well.

You would need another sound card or as you said virtual audio cabel, which isn't free.

I have no problem staying quite for a tv show because I would record at night, after everyone in my house is asleep, plus, you don't have to record everything in a few hours.

Anyway, I'll leave that up to the people who know what they're doing.

Oh and I wouldn't stick to just tv shows, if blind mice can decide to remove tv shows, they might just decide to do the same for their movies.

And let's face it, how many people actually buy stuff from them, I last heard they don't ship outside the US, but I could be wrong.

Thumbs up

2018-12-22 15:26:01

Hi,
Apologies for the delay guys, But I am still waiting on that friend to get the rename thing done with, it beeing the christmas time he doesn't have much time on his hands. most people don't to be honest.
I can do the second batch but if I were to try doing rename by hand for about 2439 tv shows I'd go shit crazy lol
so waiting on him to do what he can for at least the tv shows that were on jeffs page. He has been really helpful so far, though.
if someone else is good with scripting coding scraping etc, get in touch like  I have said many times, I won't refuse any help. smile

Sid, the server doesn't use win7/ 10, it uses Fedora
as for FTP whilst not a very popular choice, there are ftp clients out there that would allow you to download files not just IDM or browsers, which btw do support FTP downloading.

LD CT, the new content was most probably either recorded with Virtual cable vertual audio or a software mode wsap or a DVR on the tv. if There's someone who'd be willing to get new tv shows and movies for the server once things are in order and working, I wouldn't mind obviously adding those to the site with or without credit.
  And yes, The BMMV could probably do the same for the movies any time as well, so my next target would probably be all the movies on there, too. hopefully those would be a bit easier...
Still, one step at a time.
Grryf

Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, ‘It might have been.
Follow me on twitter

Thumbs up

2018-12-22 15:46:32

@130,  I agree with you about the limitations applying  to recording from PC as  well.
I don't believe either that blind mice ships internationally.  After hearing about blind mice no longer offering TV shows, I started to download all the movies that I am interested in.  So, in the future I don't lose the content. However,  A good thing about the movies is that ray star appears to have most of them on his server.  And for the ones that  aren't available we have to use sendspace to obtain it.
As for getting new movie releases, I think people buy the DVD or Blu-ray and rip the audio track.
I have never done any of these methods, it's just what I've heard.   So, I might be wrong.

Thumbs up

2018-12-22 15:54:44

Hi

@grryfindore,  don't worry about the new content for now, just get the old stuff set up first. As you said "a step at a time".  I'm just trying to get the conversation going and share some ideas that we have.

Thumbs up

2018-12-22 16:30:39

hi
I think for tvs that offer audio description we can use tv's aux output and record either on a laptop or a portable recorder that supports aux input. If anyone has a smart tv, they can record from netflix via this method as well. If the tv device supports recording, it's even better as an other device is no longer required; but I'm not sure if it's ok to record stuff from a cable tv.

:)

Thumbs up

2018-12-22 17:27:50

For those who want it, here's a full and complete list of sendspace links, in easy to browse html format. Those are bmmv links, some of them may not work. The list was generated shortly before the closing of the vault using custom scraping code that I will publish to GitHub someday.
https://described.now.sh

@grryfindore, I can provide coding help if needed. Helping with the web app is something I can definitely do. I can also provide you with the following mising entries:
I can getyou the following files you're missing:
- atlantis season 1
Fawlty Towers season 2
Fringe season 2
Glitter Force season 1
primeval season 5
The magic school bus season 4
The memories of Sherlock Holmes
Under the dome season 1
Tel me where I should send you the links and I will

Thumbs up

2018-12-23 12:44:44

Hi,
I know ld, but thought I'd update people as to what was up and to not leave them wondering as to any progress if at all.
and also wanted to get it out there for anyone who would be willing to do the same for us that is provide us with new movies and tv shows.

miki123211, I like what you have done with the links, and I have a few more ideas perhaps you could help with implementing, for both please get in touch via Email.
Thanks!
Grryf

Follow me on twitter

Thumbs up

2018-12-23 17:30:35

Hi all, I have about 715 gigs of described content. I'm thinking about putting it up in btsync and just sending out a read-only code so that somebody can at least have a copy of everything I've got and put it up on a central server. I think it would help out a lot.

Thumbs up

2018-12-23 20:58:06

hi
@137
I'm currently trying to sync the btsync folder previously mentioned in this topic, but the problem is that it's going really slow despite of my fast connection. If that continues to go south, I'll talk about your data to you in private. I'm gonna put what ever I can up in onedrive and share it with everyone.

Thumbs up

2018-12-24 15:01:58

Hi,
Sean-Terry01
if you'd be willing, and have the patients you could have a look at the list of missing tv shows
and help us out with the ones we don't have however st' mc's idea sounds just as good.
miki123211 has been working with me in an atempt towards getting bmmv movies as well, but like I said I'll take that up fully once I have been able to set this whole tv shows thing arainjed and good to go for everybody.
Grryf

Follow me on twitter

Thumbs up

2018-12-24 19:22:59

Well I figure if I put all of my describe content into a btsync folder and let someone grab everything, we can put it on a central server for everyone else to have as well. I keep updating it as time goes on. But now, at least from the blind mice side, the updates will only contain movies of course.

Thumbs up

2018-12-25 05:34:05

I do not want a bt sync folder of everything, that in my opinion is a waste of space. I never got the star trek ones, and they still don't have tng? What about deep space 9?

----------
An anomaly in the matrix. An error in existence. A being who cannot get inside the goddamn box! A.K.A. Me.

2018-12-27 12:39:17

hi i was wandering if some one could give me agents of shield as i was unable to get it before removal.

regards Hannes Fouche

regards
Hannes Fouche
Access gaming my YouTube channel https://youtube.com/channel/UC8CshzvGHEy2eR5L86nMM5A

Thumbs up

2018-12-27 15:39:22

hi,
been a while sinse my last post.
besides the 475 wierdly named files, everything else is progressing well.
downloads are now working, the other files are now renamed, website construction along with other changes is in the works.
I am thinking I'll release the content as is when we have a website going, what will be left and added over time would be the renamed 475 files to be done and the 275 (lower now) that couldn't be saved and should be added as people or as I find files and send them to the server.
Grryf

Follow me on twitter

Thumbs up

2018-12-28 01:51:14

Hi, can you give an example of how you're naming the files?

If it's like some of the ones I have then I can just make a text file of my folder of described content.
If you have what I have, then all you'd need to do is replace the name.

I'll give two examples below of how I prefer to name my files, one is for a tv show, the other for movies.

Almost human - S01E01 - Pilot.

Maleficent (2014).

As you can see, movies have the year of release.

I'm thinkin of putting a number in front of the ones that have a sequel, that way it'll be easier to know the order in which to watch them.

Now, how to go about that for the x-men films? because that timeline is seriously messed up.

I only have 30 gig of described content so it was pretty easy to rename everything to the way I like, except for my tv shows, for that, I just got lazy and left it the way blind mice had them.

Oh and if we're going to start on the movies, you might have to change the title of this thread.

Thumbs up

2018-12-28 02:36:45

@hannes
I have all four seasons on my Sendspace Pro account. The links are in post 65.

Thumbs up

2018-12-28 03:03:05

Hi.
I still have some tv shows misssing from the list, namely black mirror, CSI, CSI Cyber, NCIS season 1, game of thrones, and chicago fire, just need to find a way to get them to you.

Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

Thumbs up

2018-12-28 11:42:48

@Josh thanks.

regards Hannes Fouche

regards
Hannes Fouche
Access gaming my YouTube channel https://youtube.com/channel/UC8CshzvGHEy2eR5L86nMM5A

Thumbs up

2018-12-28 11:58:36

Hi,
Simba, just send me a forum mail, with either sendspace or any  other filehost links.
with names of each tv show the link is for. thanks smile

@kool_turk I intend to keep files as is that is have them in the zip format for the tv show and just rename them as per their name and season. I.E game of thrones season 1.zip
this should be far less or should I say not at all a problem for the movies as they have straightforward names and the files aren't all named as season 1.zip's.
so they should be good to go as soon as they are downloaded and added to the database, no fiddling necessary.
@miki123211, I have sent you a few emails, please have a look and reply when you are able.

and yes, I will probably create a new topic entirely when I have things close to a public release, that is when the server and html side are good to go for the rest of you or just edit the first post of this topic.
Grryf

Follow me on twitter

Thumbs up

2018-12-28 13:03:30

hi
I just managed to get a box unlimited account, and I'm transferring all the tv shows from that bt sync folder previously mentioned to the cloud.
at this time, I've finished moving series beginning with #, a and b. If anyone's interested, send me a pm to get a link to the folder. I'm not sure of what happens if the traffic goes hi, so I'm not putting the link here for public use at the moment

Thumbs up

2018-12-29 02:52:36

@grryfindore

I have an idea, what about something that would allow unzipping the shows on the fly, so that you could stream them somehow instead of downloading...

Thumbs up