2019-04-26 21:38:52

First of all, I'm pretty impressed by what this screen reader can do and how much they optimised it. I'm actually not sure if multy touch gestures are indeed patented by Apple, however I can't say I would be surprised if that was indeed the case. I'm happy however that Android can do a pass through unlike iOS, so I hope that ability never goes away and multy touch gestures if ever available will be configurable. 1 finger gestures are quite convenient once you spend some time and get used to them. I'd love to get the premium version of this, but currently have no means of doing so. If somebody is willing to get it for me I would really appreciate it.

2019-04-26 23:35:00

Greetings!

The latest APK of the Commentary Screen Reader, can always be found with in its official  Telegram Messenger Channel, although there is an "Auto Update" feature, which is checked by default,, thus it should one of these days automagicly upgrade to the latest version. It's item 7.7.1 in the menus. In other words, bring up the main menu with "Down+Right" gesture, choose "Item 7" called "Program Settings," scroll down to "Item 7" called "Other Settings" and finally make sure that the checkbox is "checked" on "Item 1."

Hopefully, that all of the above made sense.

As for going by buttons, headings, etc, you have to create the gestures for them, yourself.

In addition, they do have a "yearly" license, if you wish not to pay the "lifetime" p[price.

Ask in the Official Commentary Screen Reader Telegram Group , for more details on that.

2019-04-27 11:30:24

Follow Up!

New web site for Commentary Screen Reader, is in the works:

http://jieshuo-screenreader.com

In addition, the "Auto Update" feature only works for the "Stable" versions of the screen reader. The current APK updates with "English" and/or other translations, are in the "beta" builds at this time.

NB. Not a creator/translator, just a fan of this fine screen reader!

PS. Braille support, is in the works
I haven't tried Commentary with "Advanced Braille Keyboard" yet.

2019-04-28 08:30:49

This screen reader is kinda like a night and day difference, especially on older devices such as my pixel 1 original. Not much of a difference on the newer ones, but it's definitely there. I love the sr, and I use it as a primary when I can.

I've been going by Bryn, which is now reflected in my profile. Please do your best to respect this :) Mess ups are totally OK though, I don't mind and totally understand!
Follow on twitter! @ItsBrynify
Thanks, enjoy, thumbs up, share, like, hate, exist, do what ya do,
my website: brynify.me

2019-04-28 10:31:13

Hi Mason,
I'm very happy to hear that you use Commentary Screenreader as your daily driver. That makes me, and probably the dev team too to work even harder!

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Telegram: Nuno69a
E-Mail: nuno69a (at) gmail (dot) com

2019-04-28 12:26:40

Could you translate usage hints as well? Kind of annoying to hear chinese letter letter letter after every element, of course, unless you turn them off like I did at this time. Also, can you create gestures for things like navigating by headings, links and so on in the free version?

2019-04-28 18:54:31

And how much dolars this screen reader costs?

2019-04-28 19:13:35

Approximatly $14 to $40.

73 Wj3u

2019-04-28 20:05:40

@130, indeed! I was playing with some of the settings last night, I like the lift finger to activate option, Kinda makes me feel like I'm a real sighted person rofl

I've been going by Bryn, which is now reflected in my profile. Please do your best to respect this :) Mess ups are totally OK though, I don't mind and totally understand!

2019-04-28 20:07:02

Also, if you guys want a screen curtain, it is there. What you have to do is go into commentary settings, advanced, and I forget where but somewhere you can customize your main menu. Hit the add button and scroll down to curtain. Double tap, and from now on when you do the main menu gesture, there is a curtain option which enables your screen curtain. Also, if you have a device running android 8 or higher, you can assign it as a fingerprint gesture. Enjoy!

2019-04-28 21:46:11

What's the difference vetwen prices

2019-04-28 21:55:24

The time your license lasts.

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.

2019-04-28 22:10:24

So I'm guessing the $14 is for year and $40 is for unlimited?

2019-04-28 22:39:20

That's what it seems like. If there could be an upgrade program to upgrade to permanent license after a year that would be nice, as I really want to buy this thing yet really don't feel comfortable spending a lot on the pro version with OCR feature when there isn't a trial available.

2019-04-28 22:41:54

Yes

2019-04-28 22:43:49

You mean there's an upgrade program? Or could the yearly be made into a payment plan of sorts? Or OCR have a set number of uses in free mode, similar to how KNFB's trial lets you do 25 scans before requiring a purchase?

2019-04-28 23:04:33

No, OCR does not have the functionality you mention

2019-04-29 05:57:41

@mason

The "menu number-code"  for customizing the screen reader's main menu, is "7.7.6." After tapping the "add" button, the "curtain screen" option, is number "31."

2019-04-29 06:24:31

Just as a quick reminder, you can join the official Group and/or Channel , by choosing one of the links above.

Fun Fact:

Jieshuo (The "Chinese" name for the Commentary Screen Reader,) means "Comment" or "to explain."

2019-04-29 06:33:08

Thanks for that

2019-04-29 08:08:01

Hello, it's possible to translate Commentary screen reader in other language? I would translate it in italian.

2019-04-29 09:56:08

Of course. However someone already took up the translation

2019-04-29 13:34:10

Ah OK. I am willing to collaborate with the other person who is translating into Italian. But which files do I have to translate once the application has been downloaded?

2019-04-29 13:55:46

Two questions:
Is it possible to browse the web for titles, links, etc?
As for OCR, does it just read the text or let you click on things?

2019-04-30 02:38:25

Commentary Screen Reader, Now In The Play Store!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta … nr.talkman

NB. Some folks seem to be having issues running it however, thus best to grab the latest beta within the Telegram group for now.