2018-11-28 18:19:30

Ok, let's get right to it. I have got 4 badges now, and i keep asking myself, how the hell am i doing so well in this game? Let's tackle that catching mechanic real fast, as i know that is the reason most of you would jump right over this game. So the first way i tryed was to detach my joycon and i would try to line up my hand with the center of the screen, ready a pokeball and do a little flick up. This worked very well, and i found myself with an increasingly filled out pokedex. But later i found, in hand-held mode, as long as i held the switch as flat in my hands as possible, i could just ready a pokeball and simply press a right away, and usually only miss like 1 or 2 throws, which is to say, i found it quite an effective method. Also, what keeps this game playable by us is that top-down view. Even though the wall bump sounds are gone, footsteps make different sounds for different surfaces, like dirt, or more of a wood sound when near buildings. If you know how to traille walls, or if you generally know how to navigate a pokemon game, you all can play and beat this game. I use seeing AI to learn new moves, use items, and that kind of thing. Let me put it this way. I got through mount moon, and rock tunnel way faster in these versions than i ever did in red, blue and yellow, and i think that's because of a more modern feel, and better sound design. I don't expect to run in to any issues, and i expect relatively smooth sailing through the rest of the game. So pick this up and give it a shot, we can still play pokemon.

2018-11-28 19:16:09

Interesting. How do you know when you're up against a wall though? Do footsteps just not play? Also, footsteps are not constant from what I've been hearing in playthroughs. I'll probably pick this up when I eventually get a switch, but I'm honestly not expecting too much.

Take care, it's a desert out there.

2018-11-28 19:55:18

This looks interesting. I never thh I would be able to easily play Pokémon just based on the visuals alone, and I've never played it before. Would Seeing AI be used for when you are in the battles as well as reading the text, and do you have any tips on how to point the phone at the Switch's screen to get the optimal ⠗⠂⠙⠳⠞⠦ 
Also, how do you know when you are near a person that you need to interact with, i.e. not a trainer, but someone who is relevant to the story?
I know these are new player questions, but I'd love to know.

A winner is you!
—Urban Champion

2018-11-28 21:04:28

I take it theres no spoken dialog?

2018-11-28 22:55:52

No, no spoken dialogue. As far as knowing where you have to go to talk to people, what i do is follow along with a walkthrough while i play. Yes, it takes patients because sometimes, you have to use a grid patern to find people in buildings and other places. Since i really enjoy the series, it's worth it to me to take the time to play. You could use seeing AI for battles if you want, but since i'm very familiar with the formula after 20 years of playing, i know the attack sounds. Even if game freek comes out with a knew mechanic, it doesn't take very long to catch up. Again, i really only recommend this game if your a true fan, as this can't really be played casually, until you beat the main story, and can just train and use whatever pokemon you like. If your new to the series, i'd start with the pokemon crystal access project, so you can get a good feel of how things work.

2018-11-28 23:40:06

I read that there are no wild battles. So how do you train pokemon?

2018-11-29 01:15:52

By battling and catching. If you catch multiple of the same pokemon, for example, you can gain more experience. It's called catch combos in this game.

2019-01-17 11:35:18

Reviving this from the dead, as I just got the game, though I haven't started it yet. Will post my thoughts soon.

2019-01-17 13:44:23

Hi
The problem with the version in the Nintendo switch is that the noise when we are against a wall in no present. So we can't know when we are in a wall.

2019-01-17 17:13:37

You can if footsteps stop.

2019-01-17 18:15:00

So the big problem I'm finding is that if you hold a direction, you only get a few footsteps before they fade, even if you're not against a wall. If arqmeister has any tips, please share them. I did manage to get to veridian city, mostly because I'm extremely familiar with the first gen games.

2019-01-17 18:51:17

it is exactly that the problem.
When we move, we have footstep for few seconds and after no. So, we can't know when we are against a wall.

2019-01-18 11:09:23 (edited by pelantas 2019-01-18 11:17:47)

Hi all,

This evening, Amsterdam's timezone, my Nintendo switch with let's go pikachu will be delivered. But i have a question or possibly two, and i hope arq or someone else can answer these smile

1. About the menu structure in the game, i know that the Original games did have menu's which mostly didn't wrap, is this the case with this game too?
2. When selecting an item, i asume you have to aim your seeing ai at a certain point isn't it? This will require practice, i know, but i am very curious to learn more.
3. while in battle, when you should select an attack, is it the block of four, i mean, like in the Original games? And the menu before attattack selection, is this also a block of four?

I think i can craft more questions, but lets just start with these three smile
Gotta go now, preparingthe confetti for when the delivery guy arrives, this was a hint in my email i got, to welcome the delivery guy with self made confetti, however i believe the delivery guy never wants to deliver anything to my house anymore when i do this tongue

Greetz mike

Visit the following website to see what games we have:
http://www.nonvisiongames.com
Or the following English marketplace to see what retrogames and game merchandise I am selling:
https://www.retro-kingdom.com

2019-01-18 14:30:23

Hi,
Slightly off topic but can someone please sort of write some general tips about how to use a Switch, navigating it's user interface and finding a game you want to play? I'm thinking about getting one. Update: I've also asked this question in the "please tell me more about the Nintendo Switch" topic, which I discovered after finding and posting in this one.

2019-01-19 18:56:22

HI all,

I am playing let's play pikachu right now, but i have another question, how do you find pokemon centres in cities? I am currently in pewter city, but can't find the centre ... Any tips? It doesn't ahve to be specifically for this game, but also may be of other pokemon games smile

Greetz mike

Visit the following website to see what games we have:
http://www.nonvisiongames.com
Or the following English marketplace to see what retrogames and game merchandise I am selling:
https://www.retro-kingdom.com

2019-01-21 03:12:12

thanks for these tips, guys. I have to check if I get one of these games. sound interesting to try.
smile