2018-12-08 00:57:47

Man, only at stage 25 1 and it already feels pretty brutal. Not a complaint though, might just take a break for a bit and try again. Just having a question about blades: Is their vertical/ horizontal range consistent? The one at 304 caught me even though I was at 300 however it's horizontal range was just one square, however the other ones at 100 had both ranges one square. How can you know when it's safe without getting hit?

2018-12-08 01:51:31

The blades basically shoot up and down between height 4 and height 0 as I understand it, or something like that. You can be standing right next to one and it shouldn't hit you. 25.1 is not terrible, but it's tricky. Just dash under the blade the instant you hear it whoosh. That way it's going up as you're going underneath it. They shouldn't one-shot you though. If nothing else, if you get nailed, get to a safe square and heal up. I've taken a few inopportune blade whacks from time to time.

Also, my previous post where I gave advice? That's for 21.1. I apologize. I got the levels confused. Am now back to 23.1 and so far Difficult mode is still a joke.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2018-12-08 01:58:38

Hi where i can find the chains for snake chain

2018-12-08 02:39:40

Crap, I can't get the damn devil guardian! I seem to get blown up no matter what I do.

2018-12-08 03:52:28

First question: chain for snake chain can be crafted. Have a look.
Second question (or more a concern): Devil Guardian is a bit tricky. I'd spend some money on upgrading the skyracer so you aren't quite so frail. Personally, the way I do it is to get to max speed, get out my missiles and then constantly change heights (or nearly constantly anyway). Every so often, use the d key to see if the guardian is glowing red. If it's not, unload a missile on it (make sure you're facing it). The reason you want to keep changing heights is because the thing shoots lasers, but you'll dodge them if you don't stay at a constant height. Honestly my own skyracer has like 134k HP, which is probably overkill, and I can beat this thing while losing only about 5-12kHP on difficult. It seems pretty daunting, but it's really not too bad when you get used to it. But yeah, definitely upgrade your skyracer if you haven't already.

2018-12-08 04:30:36

thanks

2018-12-08 13:05:48

I will upgrade my sky racer some more. It's at 11500 now, but I guess it needs more.

2018-12-08 13:07:36

Is there a way to avoid the dark projectile thrown by magical ball and which weapon will damage it? I can dodge all attack but the dark projectile i can't dodge for some reason

2018-12-08 14:41:53

Thanks jajde. Glad to know that I can stand next to it, that should not be a problem. Just I didn't understand about their hight, should try the stage again now and ohopefully complete it.

2018-12-08 16:57:27 (edited by pulseman45 2018-12-08 17:09:18)

@204: Also you may have noticed that the Devil Guardian makes a distinct sound when it is glowing red. If you know what that sound is, you can stay close to it and change your altitude when it is about to attack. The only weapon it has that you may not be able to avoid completely is it's machine gun, which is not that threatening, especially if your sky racer is upgraded.
Then, when it's no longer glowing red, go to an extremity of the map, turn back the other way, and shoot as many missiles as you can before one of them touches it. One of them may miss, but if done correctly, severals missiles will touch it simultaneously and it will take more damage. You should probably move at max speed for this trick to work. Note that it can be dangerous and you should upgrade the SkyRacer a bit if you try that.
Also, if I remember correctly, the Devil Guardian can't enable it's shield while using one of it's weapons. Exploiting that weekness can be a bit trickier though.

2018-12-08 17:33:01

Right. I often do the following: Fly very, very near to the guardian when its shield is down. Then, when it uses its machine gun, imediately fly to the other side. It can't turn while shooting and the attack is very long. Now, spam missiles and they will all hit until he stops his futile machine gun attack.

We are pleased, that you made it through the final challenge, where we pretended we were going to murder you. We are throwing a party in honor of your tremendous success. Place the device on the ground, then lay on your stomach with your arms at your sides. A party associate will arrive shortly to collect you for your party. Assume the party submission position or you will miss the party.

2018-12-11 01:11:24

So, I have a new least favourite level. It's 12.2

I'm playing on hard. I have about 7.7k HP, about 930 attack and defense. I can kick the living snot out of any enemy I find. But Carla is dead in virtually four hits of anything. Desk stomps take her down by over half her health, it seems. She's too stupid to jump fire. If I stay close to her, I risk spraying her to death with the yo-yo, water plane launcher or some other weapon because she has a nasty habit of getting in front of me...oh and also, she takes damage every time I jump fireballs. If I stay far away, she'll hold her own for awhile, then I'll take twenty seconds to clear an area and the next thing I know she's at 5% health, and I get back in time to hear her die.

Given that this level is random (i.e., the same enemies don't appear in the same place at the same time), I feel like pulling my hair out. is there any way at all for me to make Carla stronger? Is there any way to get her to avoid stuff more? Cats don't work either, I've tried.

I mean, okay, I have always hated this level, even from my first playthrough, but it's getting rapidly too hard to handle. And all the HP, atk and def in the world won't help me much when it's Carla who's dying so fast.

If you folks have any foolproof strats to do this level well, please do let me know, because I'm getting pretty sick and tired of doing it over and over again.

Incidentally, even slimes now do enormous damage to me. I thought 920 atk/def would be enough, but apparently I can be splatted for over 2k damage now. Scary stuff. Looks like maybe I will have to go back and grind on "difficult", maybe. If so, though, that's going to be very, very disappointing.

2018-12-11 01:42:12

What you want to do is use a gun, specifically any gun, not another ranged weapon. Stay close to Carla, keep an ear out. Your shots will take out basically anything in one hit, so just watch her back.
And no, the enemies should not be doing that much damage naturally, I believe. There's some kind of bug in the coding of this level specifically that makes everything hit way harder than it should, but even with that it's manageable. I'd forgotten that existed until now.

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2018-12-11 02:39:17

That...kinda sorta really doesn't work, I'm afraid. Just tried seventeen times. Same thing happened every time.

It goes great for awhile. I can guard one side of Carla really well. But since fire stones often drop between Carla and myself, and often go toward her, I have no reliable way of taking them out without wasting her. If she tries, she blows them up on top of herself. And then she's dead before I can heal her.

So until or unless this level is adjusted somehow, and that bug is fixed, or friendly fire stops killing Carla, this is where I'm going to ask people how it is they use that cheat engine thing in order to fix values. If I can fix her health at something crazy or make it so it won't go down no matter how often it's hit, then yeah, maybe. Until or unless that can happen...no, I really don't feel like doing this level over and over. I'm still not sure why precisely it's so hard on hard as opposed to other difficulties. I mean okay, it was never a walk in the park, but this is just nuts.

Pity the level wouldn't end when you (not Carla, but you) reached a certain point, since after all 12.3 has you and Carla separated anyway. If that was a thing that were possible, I would speed-dash and pray for the best.

2018-12-11 03:06:57

Or, okay, I guess I'm not going to cheat.

I just tried downloading Cheat Engine from its website, and it came bundled with three things I didn't ask for and which it didn't announce. McAfee Web Advisor, Avast and something called Brave. Brave is gone, Avast is inaccessible to uninstall, and McAfee appears to be hanging. I'm very angry at the moment, let me tell you.

2018-12-11 03:08:40

If you want to get cheat engine, you should get the portable version which wont have anything additional. Still though, it sort of ruins the experience.

2018-12-11 03:24:36

Honestly not sure what to tell you on that one, I don't remember Carla dying anywhere near that easily, even on higher difficulties. Usually, I just keep her health topped up combined with the gun method and that works perfectly fine.

2018-12-11 03:31:01

Well at this point, I'm kinda more concerned with getting rid of these programs I didn't want, and not happy that the uninstall process doesn't appear to be accessible.

I don't know the issue either, honestly. Am tempted to upload my save to dropbox to show you the situation I'm in.

2018-12-11 03:45:20

Here, check this out:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4ds0cebff3s9m … 1.dat?dl=1

I'm definitely short on healing items, and I know it. But if it was just me and not Carla, I'm sure I could survive.

Also, I think I've noticed a bug of sorts. Lemon Bread will restore your stamina, but if a stamina killer made you walk slowly, that slow walking thing doesn't go away when you eat lemon bread. Ditto any reason for having slow footspeed, btw.

If one of you good people actually wants to beat 12.2 for me and then re-upload my save file, I'd be appreciative beyond words. I'd love to get back to the part of the game I like, and this...manifestly isn't that part of the game.

2018-12-11 04:09:32 (edited by nyanchan 2018-12-11 04:14:02)

I haven't looked at your save yet, but quickly:
From the next version, I'll make it so that you can change modes without resetting stages if you have a clear medal for the destination mode. So, please keep at least 1 clear medal in your inventory.
Oh, about the uninstallation thing, how about using the system restore feature on Windows? I don't know how the program is called in English, but it should be in the accessories menu.

I don't speak as good as I write, and I don't listen as good as I speak.

2018-12-11 04:35:11

Ooh, that's really awesome to hear! And I'm pretty sure I have at least one clear medal for all unlocked difficulties thus far. That's actually a really neat idea and I will appreciate it enormously.

Could you make friendly fire not hurt Carla though? Pretty please? Trust me, she has enough trouble with fireballs and explosions and god knows what else.

I will try system restore. That's a good point. Hopefully that gets rid of Avast.

2018-12-11 04:36:37

Alright, so.
Here's your save, level complete.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/45pkr4d9sc2sl … 1.dat?dl=1
And here's a recording of the level, this was actually a rerun, I didn't think to record it the first time through.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/4mnsi0fbot562 … 2.mp3?dl=1

2018-12-11 04:51:58

So, honestly, I levelled my spirit sword, now I only use other weapons just for kicks, but I got your save and beat the level using the needle launcher 4, and lemon bread. The trick is to stay right next to Carla, I'd say within five tiles or so. I go to her right, and just plow everything that comes from that direction. If she gets hit, I imeediately used a remote medical kit.

Here's the link for the save with it completed, if you want.

the bk3 save with 12-2 completed

thanks,
Michael

2018-12-11 04:53:59 (edited by nyanchan 2018-12-11 04:56:42)

Although I deliberately designed it, the friendly fire thing is actually inconsistent as you know; carla's bullets cannot hit you, but your projectiles can. The thing I first concerned was that you perhaps could spray needles or guns and solo-play the entire level. That's what I didn't wanted players to do at that particular part.
That being said, the inconsistency doesn't make sense at all. On the other hand, I want you to protect Carla rather than taking care of everything by yourself.

I don't speak as good as I write, and I don't listen as good as I speak.

2018-12-11 05:04:14

Trust me though. As I'm seeing it, anyway, we still have to protect her. Those fireballs are more than a match for her on their own. Even if we just spray everything to death, there's still an excellent chance that Carla would die even without our fire hurting her. That said, I see what you're getting at. And of course it's inconsistent. I'm very, very thankful that Carla's bullets don't hurt us, as that would make the level night on impossible at lower difficulties, not to mention higher ones.

Also, your suggestion on how to get rid of Avast worked perfectly. Thank you!