2018-12-04 21:27:38

If you jump straight up, you're going to hit your head on the bottom of the platform... urgo don't put the boxes right under it.

Discord: clemchowder633

2018-12-04 22:29:05 (edited by Luel 2018-12-05 11:14:01)

I kept dropping the boxes until I was standing at the position 39, 0.
Then I walked right on the platform.
And voila.

2018-12-05 15:41:45

Well, I think I have finally given up the game. Stage 11-3 simply has way too much going on for me. Not only do I have way too many enemies, but I have to deal with bombs, platforms, plus keeping stupid Carla alive which is more trouble than it's worth. Sorry, but the fun has gone out of it. I honestly wonder how anyone got passed this stage, but I can assume things get even tougher from here.

2018-12-05 15:54:00

11-3 is a lot easier than it seems, once you figure out what triggers the bombs. But, yeah, it does get harder.
(You know, other than 16-4, I never had much trouble keeping Carla alive, other than 11-3 before I figured it out. Ex, for most of 12, 15, and 16, she was almost never in much danger, IIRC.)

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2018-12-05 18:55:30

Well, how on earth to the bombs get triggered? How am I supposed to kill enemies while avoiding boms and keeping the girl alive?

2018-12-05 19:10:43

They’re triggered as soon as you walk underneath the platforms. The way I personally do it is make sure the sonar is on, then when I hear the little beeps that signify a platform I hook up to the top, make sure Carla is out of range, then get on a speed drink and make a dash for it. Hope it helps.

2018-12-05 19:19:03

LOL problem is they are already being triggered by the enemies. This is just one of the examples I mean when I say sometimes developers get a bit too carried away with the difficulty of their games. it should be so difficult to complete one stupid level. Either have enemies or bombs, but certainly not both. I doubt I will play if this doesn't change.

2018-12-05 19:36:14

The platforms are not triggered by enemies... just you, and only you. The rest of the time they come down 1 at a time, which is pretty easy to dodge.

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2018-12-05 19:47:38

Yes, but the bombs keep falling when I'm on the platform. How on Earth do you escape them while they are falling? Of course, we can't forget about Carla who dies all the time, even if you go on ahead of her. Why can't she heal herself during this level?

2018-12-05 21:34:55 (edited by targor 2018-12-05 21:41:36)

To be honest, I really don't understand that whole "developers get carried away" thing. This is finally a game where it's not just run five steps right and hit space bar six times to win. And while you are on the platform, the bombs can't hit you. Just go up the platform, wait until Carla is past it and run, it's really as simple as that. smile

We are pleased, that you made it through the final challenge, where we pretended we were going to murder you. We are throwing a party in honor of your tremendous success. Place the device on the ground, then lay on your stomach with your arms at your sides. A party associate will arrive shortly to collect you for your party. Assume the party submission position or you will miss the party.

2018-12-05 21:51:21

Developers get carried away, right, because they are robots and they don't try to complete their game?

2018-12-05 22:10:09

I thought you have to always be ahead of Carla. If you stand on the platform and let her move under it, she will die. I often wonder if developers do try the tasks they put in games. I like that the game has some creativity and lots of things to do, but let's not have so much going on. There is often so much noise you can't even hear the platform.

2018-12-05 22:40:41

Okay, here's my advice for 11.3 - and yes, before any of you defends it, it's definitely fairly tricky.

1. Use the needle launcher for best effect, IMHO.
2. Whatever you do, do not shoot Carla.
3. Use the d key liberally. Find out where stuff is on the map.
4. Because this is an area where you only have to kill all the enemies around (rather than kill a set number, I mean), it's possible to sprint way, way ahead of Carla and clean off the whole right half of the stage, or most of it. Try and be quick about this, however, as Carla can and will die eventually if left on her own.
5. Use remote medical kits when near Carla to heal her. You can do that, after all. Hopefully you have a few. Remember to be facing her and within a few spaces when you deploy one.
6. Random bombs will fall in the stage, it's true. Left on her own, Carla often dodges these, but not always. They are random, and the way to get out of range is to run a few squares away from the high whistling you heard.
7. Bomb platforms are a different story. There are three or four of them in the level (I misremember their coordinates right now), and if you run under them, you'll take a pounding. Instead, do as has been previously suggested, and grapple up onto the very leftmost edge of them. Check your coordinates, and check Carla's coordinates. Make sure she's behind you (example, if you're at 65-10, she should be at 64 or, more helpfully, about 10-20 spaces back to your left). Then book it across the platform. Carla will not be caught in the rain of bombs. When you fall off the far end of the platform, Carla will walk merrily under the bomb platform without triggering it. Do not, absolutely do not, double back beneath the platform to get close to her, even if there are monsters coming up behind her. why? Because you'll set off more bombs, and she'll die. Wait for her to clear the platform and then heal her if necessary.
8. Proceed slowly and methodically. Don't just sprint, and don't just pray and spray. If you're patient and a wee bit lucky, this will work. It is frustrating though. I hear you on that.

Now, I do want to address - and rather firmly - this business about the developer. When I started yowling about the bio control system - a boss you haven't come anywhere close to yet - the dev took the dropboxed link of my save file and provided proof that yes, I could in fact beat that boss if I was careful. He took time to demonstrate that it was possible, and at different points and during different comments I have gotten the impression that he does in fact test his products. Is he perfect? No. None of us are perfect. There are tweaks that I think could make this a better game. But this game is meant to be a challenge. Rather than trying to say that a dev got too carried away, perhaps this sort of high-action side-scrolling madness is just not your style. There is absolutely zero shame in that. I dismissed Adventure at C for precisely the same reason, and The Gate for similar reasons. What I never did, to my recollection anyway, was to make insinuations about Aaron getting carried away regarding these games, so I don't think anyone is due that sort of criticism here. If it's too much for you, as I was afraid it was for me, that's cool. I get it. I still think there are elements of this game that don't really appeal to me, honestly. But to talk about how the dev maybe got carried away, or wondering whether he tests his own stuff because you're finding it slow going...well the game has been out for awhile now, and if something really was borderline unplayable, I think people'd be saying so by now, and either it would've been fixed or else the game wouldn't have seen any further efforts to keep it relevant. It would've been tossed on the scrap-heap. In other words, dozens if not hundreds of satisfied players can't all be wrong when they beat this stage, albeit narrowly and with much swearing in some cases, so I think it's time for a little redirection. There is a reason the "god damn it Carla" drinking game is a thing.

I do have one further question:
Is there any way at all for me to get medals for modes I've completed? i.e., I'm virtually out of clear medals, but I want more so I can make a hyper buster blade, but there is no point in completing the game on normal just for that. I outlevel everything in a normal playthrough.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2018-12-06 00:12:23

@Jayde: In order to get more medals for a given difficulty, you have to beat 25-5 on that difficulty again. If you've already changed modes, you're out of luck unless you want to replay the whole thing again.

Alternatively, once you've beaten Legend of Aion Mode, you can go to any mode you've already beaten without resetting and play 25-5.

2018-12-06 00:43:42

Well I guess I don't need the hyper buster blade that badly then. Was not aware you could get more and more medals by clearing 25.5 over and over again though. Kinda wish I had known that or asked about it sooner, as I'd have kicked the final bosses around a few more times just to be full on medals.

2018-12-06 01:05:03

Oh, Jade, I absolutely think he does listen to consumers. I wasn't pointing fingers directly at him when I said developers get carried away. I was speaking in general terms. I think some try their best, and with good rational reasons, to make their games as much like games for sighted people as they can. Often times though, I think this can backfire. As you have pointed out before, have to scan areas carefully and take in that much information in a short amount of time is something sighted gamers don't have to do. I was speaking more out of frustration than anything else. Having said all this, I have, and will again, commend this particular developer for his efforts in making a game that is not only free but vreative and interesting as well. At to Adventure at C:, I gave that up too. Way way too difficult, and no cheats!

2018-12-06 01:50:07

I promise you that in many ways, your first playthrough is your hardest. My second was a walk in the park by comparison. If you are finding you are fragile and die fast, for heaven's sake grind awhile in stage 8 or stage 10 someplace. it'll take awhile, but it works.
So of course, take that with a grain of salt. For all I know, levelling up naturally and trying Extreme mode or whatever might be utter suicide. The sort of thing where one insect needle will OHKO you or some silly nonsense. But I hope not.
I have just finished the Exciting playthrough and am now working on difficult. One day I will probably finish the game on all difficulties, but I'm in no rush.

2018-12-06 02:07:14

I'm with Jayde on the difficulty. After you make it through your first playthrough, you should be fine as long as you don't try to skip too many modes at once and keep training defense, attack and HP.

I tested the highest difficulty as soon as I hit level 2500 and could unlock it. Even slimes did around 160k damage a hit. Needless to say, I decided to go through some more modes before trying that again.

2018-12-06 02:07:50

I think I am at level 49 right now. Carla is level 45, and most enemies are around level 37 or so from what I gather. I ended up beating 11-3 and 4, but I cheated. I brought out a bunch of cats, used some speed drinks so they'd follow me, and it worked. I basically kept Carla alive by clearing a path for her by letting the cats kill the enemies and get hit by the bombs. I know I know, I'm a cheater, but something is telling me to stick with this game despite my occasional annoyance with it. I plan on using 10-1 for more grinding. It's a good nondangerous level to do that. One thing that would be cool is if the developer could make the ultimate shop that sells most things, especially healing items, drinks, ammunition, etc. That way, we don't have to keep checking every shop to keep track of what we need. It kind of reminds me of something like Brightwater superstore. Every marketplace in that game sold most of the healing items.

2018-12-06 02:11:32

lol Yup, and Brightwater Superstore was modelled after Celadon Department Store, seventeen years its senior. Haha. Only difference is that Celadon had multiple floors and a vending machine that gave you some free TMs, while Brightwater keeps it simple with three people to talk to.

Cheating isn't god-awful in this game. he did put it there for a reason. I've cheated a couple of levels, but I've always gone back and retried them later to do them legit. if you're really and truly getting stuck, I can see why you might've done it. You'll meet Carla again in combat in stages 15 and 16, but I urge you to try not to cheat in those ones, because you have way way more at your disposal then, and you can heal Carla from a long way away, so I tend to just go off on my own, rip enemies apart and just check in on her every 30 seconds or so.

2018-12-06 02:41:43

@jayde
Yeah, that is one thing I absolutely wish this game had was a way to either buy clear medals for modes you've already cleared, or have it saved somewhere so you can just change back, beat 25-5 and switch back to whatever mode you just finished or go up again.

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2018-12-06 03:26:31

I feel like an ability to bump the difficulty down in order to do 25.5 again would be cool, yes. Playing the game on normal has absolutely no value to me now except for that. Failing that, some sort of ability to craft medals, or buy them with coins but only after you'd earned them first? If I had to pay, say, 20k or 30k per medal or something, that'd sting but I could manage.

2018-12-06 11:09:28

Re: 11-3, if Carla does get too close to me near a platform, and the enemies are too few to expect her to wait while I speed past the bombs, I'll usually wait for her to move on, then try to speed past her once she's out of the blast zone.

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2018-12-06 11:27:40

LOL what is Celadon? I confess I am rather new to audio games compared to most on this forum.

2018-12-06 13:35:10

lol Celadon is a large city in pokemon red and blue, after which Manamon is largely modelled. The two games are not identical by any means, but there are a metric ton of similarities.