2018-12-04 01:48:22

Hi i have two questions which is the best way to enhance spirit sword, and which level ineed to be to fight with magicall ball i'm lavel 129 i think now

2018-12-04 03:18:29

Yeah, no, I'm not going to cheat that way. I wasn't sure quite what you meant, but that's something I generally don't do unless something is absolutely impossible, or so close as to be impractical. Frankly this game is not so badly broken that you need this weapon in order to do well on higher difficulties (though I'm sure it helps, of course).

Do enemies get smarter on higher difficulties? Fighter Helicopter is actually giving me fits this time for some reason because sometimes its container takes an absolute pounding and simply doesn't go down.. Also, for some reason, whe one time I tried to sneak away with the UFO after being dropped, it simply didn't work. I'm not sure why. Maybe it drains your stamina to 0 or something? Not sure.

What is the point of taking fruit juice over the fruit themselves? Is it just a time thing, or is it actually a refinement of stats such that I should never eat raw fruit again?

Also, I'm experiencing some weird behaviour.
In shops which want you to manually select a number of items to buy (as in, type it in, not select from a list), the game sort of locks up, doesn't interact properly with the edit box, and I can't buy stuff. What's the best way to get around that?

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2018-12-04 04:05:30 (edited by UltraLeetJ 2018-12-04 04:12:34)

I wouldn't clone the magical ball. As I learned the hard way, there seems to be a bug that completely screws over your experience if you clone and kill the magical ball too many times.

oh really? what happens to your xp? you should be able to level down as a possibility. I love that this game has many ester eggs and such, and the feeling of completing it for the first time was just as awesome for me. Oh yeah and I sort of do remember (post 48) my fights with the magic ball, which were pretty interesting.

What is the point of taking fruit juice over the fruit themselves? Is it just a time thing, or is it actually a refinement of stats such that I should never eat raw fruit again?

not very sure, but juice increases your stats forever, and fast. Fruit takes a while to increase them plus you cannot use your healing items until it finishes its effects... sort of how juice is much easier on the stomach than raw fruit  because it digests faster (though this should have been technically and more realistically the other way around)

the game sort of locks up, doesn't interact properly with the edit box, and I can't buy stuff. What's the best way to get around that?

You should tab once, then type in your value or whatever, and then press enter I think. Or shift enter. its been long time and I forgot but that is sort of it.
oh right.

How do I make the Chaos Edition run reliably?

you have to just copy the chaosplay.exe into your main bk3 directory, and copy the file inside the data\maps folder to the corresponding data\maps directory also in the main bk3 folder. Ignore the rest of the files.

A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

2018-12-04 04:17:51

You need to press tab to confirm the value. It was originally possible to press enter, but I had to disable it because of an NVDA bug.
The juice thing is just a speeding purpose. People will be able to buy 10000 or more fruits at once, so it's essential to be able to consume them really quickly. There's no advantage or disadvantage in terms of the stat points that will actually be enhanced.

I don't speak as good as I write, and I don't listen as good as I speak.

2018-12-04 04:33:38

@127: Regarding the spirit sword, I did raise mine a bit once I got to the highest difficulty, but not an extreme amount. In my opinion, having a slightly higher level spirit sword isn't nearly as game breaking as something like shadow mode, which makes you completely invincible to all the creatures in the game. That being said, spirit sword isn't critical since there are other weapons in the game that are nearly as effective and without having to grind so much.

I wouldn't say enemies get smarter, they just have more health due to the higher level. I'm not sure why the UFO didn't work for you, that's odd.

If you drink the fruit juices, it saves you time, but it is also convenient since you don't have to finish the stage you're on to get your changes to save. The juices don't give you any more stats than the equivalent number of raw fruits would.

If you have to type in the quantity of an item in the shops, try pressing ctrl+enter. That works for me.

@128: The bug with the magical ball doesn't level you down. It just makes it impossible to level up, no matter how many things you kill. Normally, I could go into 5-3 and have a level within a few kills. I spent two or three minutes in there killing stuff to no avail. Once I restored my backup, everything was fine.

2018-12-04 09:45:15

Didn't know a playtrhough on BSG existed. Gonna try it.

2018-12-04 11:23:59

Well, I officially suck at BK3 as well. I have managed to make it to stage 9, but I can't seem to get passed the bombs and grab the needle laundher even with speed drinks. I also can't grab the sky machine gun, even with small boxes, and I can't seem to get the mysterious abacus and needles in the mine stage behind the door. I just get killed.On a positive note, the compact sonar is tremendously helpful, and I suggest making it available early if you can. Also, why not implement a buying and selling feature. That way, we can sell weapons or items we deem not necessary at certain points of the game. That way, we don't have to constantly fight to get coins.

2018-12-04 12:11:49 (edited by pulseman45 2018-12-04 12:12:31)

@128: Thanks a lot.
@126: What I did for the spirit sword was to play the breadcrusher game over and over again. It makes it grow at a good pace, even moreso when it gains the "penetrate" attribute.

2018-12-04 13:49:28

Maybe don't worry about the abacus just yet. It can actually be a pretty tough fight. You do know about shields though, right? And how to use them? That'll help against the bullet rain the abacus can use.
And trust me, coin grinding is not bad at all eventually. It can be a bit slow and tedious in places though. The abacus, in fact, will help immensely there.

2018-12-04 16:36:57

I don't really understand how to use shields. I know you hold down the arrow key, but other than that, they don't work for me.

2018-12-04 17:09:38

Okay, then here's a quick refresher.
When you go into a level, hit your s key. This will bring up your list of shields. Equip whichever one you want. You should hear it equip. Congrats. Now it's equipped.
To block an incoming attack, you have to be facing the direction the attack is coming from. So for instance, if you hear insects firing needles at you from the left, then make sure you're facing left. Got it? Good. Now hold your down arrow key, and you'll raise your shield up to block.
Now let's say you block a needle, and then let go of your shield, fire off a quick shot and kill that insect. But here comes another one from the right. Tap the right arrow key to spin around, and if it's already fired a needle, hit down arrow. If you don't turn around first, you're still going to be facing left, and the needle will hit you in the back.
Later you will find shields that can guard you from behind as well as in front, but for now, you have to be facing the direction you're being attacked from.
So when you're in the room with the abacus, and it's on your left shooting bullets from left to right, face left, make sure the shield is equipped, hold down-arrow to absorb shots, then when it stops, let go of your down arrow key and let rip.

As far as 9.2 and the needle launcher? This is an awesome, awesome weapon. If you take your speed drink at the right moment, you should literally be able to hold the left arrow key during that bomb section, then hammer enter as you get sorta close to the door so you grab the needle launcher. If you ever want to figure out where you are, and where stuff is in general, hit the d key.
Congrats on getting further, by the way. You got past 5.4, and that boss demon can be mean. You also successfully managed 7.2, which isn't super-dangerous but has some slightly tricky platforming. You also handled 7.4, a fairly nasty boss fight, though I don't know how you did that one if the abacus is giving you a tough time. Good job either way though.
Don't get discouraged in stages 11 and especially 12. they can be a mite tricky.

2018-12-04 17:36:57

Carla isn't actually all that bad compared to the abacus fight, at least she generally stays on the ground... lol the abacus, or abacuses depending on how many there are in there, fly around, and those lightning strikes hurt like hell unless you really focused on defence.

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2018-12-04 18:35:46

Well, I sorta cheated to get through some stages. I summoned some cats to help me out quite a bit. So, how do I get the abacus? Do I have to kill it to get it? Also, the guide said there are insects with needles in there I can fight to get needles to craft. How does that work?

2018-12-04 18:48:49

Yeah, try not to cheat with cats too often. Bosses give huge experience when you kill them for the first time, and you may find yourself short on stats before long unless you grind in stage 5.2 or someplace in stage 8.
Yes, you have to kill the abacus in order to pick it up.
And you can't get stuff from insects in that area until you can access the dial, which you can't do for a long time yet.

2018-12-04 18:49:08

Whether you find insects or an abacus or 5 is via some sort of mechanism I do not know about, apart from the dial having a little something to do with it. I do not know specific details, unfortunately.

2018-12-04 19:18:12

OK, is there any other way to get the needle launcher? I just can't do it. I land at 0, use a speed drink, and get nailed either way.There just seems no way to really do it. How do you get the sky machine gun? The small boxes only raise you up to 6 squares, but you have to get to square 8, with no way to hook or jump.

2018-12-04 19:20:49

For the needle launcher, I use the following method: Stand under the leftmost platform tile, where bombs don't fall yet. Then, hit f and imediately run to the right. Grab the Needle launcher and then the hook warmup time should be over and you can climb out of harms way.

We are pleased, that you made it through the final challenge, where we pretended we were going to murder you. We are throwing a party in honor of your tremendous success. Place the device on the ground, then lay on your stomach with your arms at your sides. A party associate will arrive shortly to collect you for your party. Assume the party submission position or you will miss the party.

2018-12-04 19:29:06

I actually got it. Bombs don't start falling until 6, so I got on 5, took a speed drink, and ran for it! Now, to get the abacus. Maybe the lazer saber will work here. It's at 42/3, so maybe not. Or, maybe a cat will get it for me. haha

2018-12-04 19:35:38

I mean the laser sabre does work, you just jump slash, every time. Gonna take a while though... you're meant to come back in another couple stages, bare that in mind.

2018-12-04 20:28:12

How does the mysterious abacus work? I mean, I have one, but I don't notice it doing anything.

2018-12-04 20:30:54

Uh...you should notice it. Try grinding some fights and see what happens. It's fairly self-evident with a little play actually. Glad to hear you finally killed it though.

2018-12-04 20:55:33

OK, so it just gives me more coins autiomatically. Do you know how to get the sky machine gun?

2018-12-04 20:59:51

You can’t yet I don’t think. You need to beat the game first then use the super UFO

2018-12-04 21:09:33

No you don't, lol just stack boxes all the way up, or use 6, then take a short hop onto the big platform.

2018-12-04 21:22:43

So, the machine gun is at 50/8. So, I put the boxes on 50/6, and try to jump up 2? Problem is, it won't let me jump.