2018-12-01 03:43:39 (edited by nyanchan 2018-12-01 03:56:02)

Okay, so, if you don't want to get spoiled, press h right now to avoid.
Or, if you want me to save it for later, just let me know.
For those who just want to enjoy, do it!
Okay?
25-4 by the dev
https://www.dropbox.com/s/fda3l78mwqi4j … 4.mp3?dl=1
25-5 by the dev
https://www.dropbox.com/s/jih08w1zm0eim … 5.mp3?dl=1
Watch the horrible and hilarious mistake by the developer. It caused some weird bugs which I was not quite sure, too. rofl!

I don't speak as good as I write, and I don't listen as good as I speak.

2018-12-01 03:53:46

Actually, yes. I just tried a few minutes ago.
Although when the time comes, you may want to stay basically hooked on to a platform the whole time, because your best weapon to end it quickly and cleanly is still the megaton hammer, and I abused the shit out of it's vertical range of 5 spaces. Everything except for the extinguisher is doable that way, that thing I just throw super shuriken at from the top of the platforms, then hit it once to finish the job.

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2018-12-01 04:06:16

Okay, you guys are making me look awful. haha
I'm really appreciative of the fact that you did this though. Thank you for taking the time, both of you. I mean it. This gives me some strats to play with later.
I'm not quite as quick, I think, but this boss seems beatable now, if still murderously hard.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2018-12-01 04:08:08

@nyanchan
I'm sorry if it makes me a terrible person, but I laughed at 25-5. lol I was thinking, no don't change the weapon mo... uh oh. Yup... there it is.

2018-12-01 04:21:14 (edited by nyanchan 2018-12-01 04:22:04)

lol, that's why I decided not to cut that part.
Plus it's a bug. I released the hook that was saving my life and jumped into the death by accidentally switching the weapon mode. The game triggered the switching and releasing at the same time, what the hell!

2018-12-01 04:24:15

I also technically noticed another bug. The BCS is supposed to make an almost musical whirring sound, and about halfway through your recording, it just...stopped doing that. No idea why. I mean, you can still tell where it is, but you can't hear it whirring from a distance, so it's good you basically stayed on top of it and pelted it. I have really got to get in the habit of dodging those six alternating electric bolts without fail.

Tell me one thing, and then I'll shut up for awhile. Now that a couple of you have actually seen my save file, what do you think of my stats and preparation? Should I have more atk/def/stamina/HP than this? Should I have more of a particular kind of item for next time, whenever that happens?

2018-12-01 04:35:59

Actually, your stats weren't too much higher than mine were during my writing playthrough. I did have more stamina though.
As far as items went you were pretty well off, actually. Only thing I would've done was make some more arrows and grabbed the enhanced acrobat pistol.

2018-12-01 04:40:58

Yeah, I noticed that. It might be when the security jet's missile hit it, but still not sure. I never encountered that bug before. Anyway, I need to spend a couple of days addressing and fixing the issues mentioned here, after finishing my current series of jobs.
As for your stats, they're at least enough to complete this mode IMO. ATK might be a little bit lacking though, you can cover it by tripple yoyo. Healing items are also decent enough.
That being said, raising your stats makes the game much more easier. If you're not confident reacting to the sudden lightning, oyou you could raise your DEF so that you can gain more time to stun recover. Alternatively, raising ATK will highly strengthen your super buster blade, so you could easily destroy launchers or BCS. That will take longer than raising DEF though.

2018-12-01 04:54:04

I suppose it's technically possible to screw yourself over. I mean, if you went into 24.4 and beat that boss without adequate stuff to tackle the next few levels, you might have to restart. This is something I both like and dislike. I'm glad you don't think I'm terribly lacking, anyway, but I'd be annoyed if I had to restart from level 1. I suppose this is what backup slots and the whole warning is for in the first place though.

Thanks for your feedback, folks. I have a psychology paper to write, and then I may give this another whirl. Or I may grind 25.2 for a couple of levels to at least get a little more atk/def. I actually figured my stats were going to be decent enough, since my HP seems considerably higher than, say, ChrisWright or Liam or even Sarah Alawami have, but yeah, I dunno. Would I be correct to assume that the electricity/bombs/other stuff like that will always do fixed damage though? That's kind of why I didn't pump it way higher with fruits.

2018-12-01 06:20:22

So, got it to 12%, and the stupid moving thunder got me again. That thing really, really needs to not stun. Because god knows there are enough sources of stun from that freaking boss as it is. Surely having this thing track you as you move is strong enough? Honestly? Because if you react literally a half-second too late, you are dead. Two hits from that thunder from full health kill me pretty reliably. I'd avoided it before, but this should not be a one-slip-costs-you-the-match sort of dealbreaker, if you ask me.

2018-12-01 07:37:13

oh that first time I played that lat level.. I think my stats were not as high. I abused defense drinks I must admit. It was a slow fight but it did needed lots of patience. Very nice audio plays!

A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

2018-12-01 10:19:18

Seriously? I don't think the attack is powerful enough to completely electricute you down with two hits. Btw, magic armors can block nondirectional attacks like that FYI.

2018-12-01 14:22:00

The way magic armour is described makes it sound like it can block both forward and behind, and that electricity stuff sounds like it's coming from above you, but thank you for the tip.

good news though: I beat the game! That BCS fight was actually loads harder than the final quintet. I actually had the most trouble with the battery, until I realized I could stand a few squares above or below it and wail on it with the hammer whenever it floated too close. I actually beat it twice, but the first time I got silly and tried to run away at the very end instead of just shooting the bio-energy self-destruct thing. I confess I shouted a rather loud curse word at that point, but I realized that that fight, with a little luck and a ton of patience, was doable. A few things I noticed is that Life Burner will actually kill itself slowly. Is this intentional? Also, it appears the battery has a pretty mean melee attack (and no, I don't mean that bomb either, which has a tremendous explosion sound). I feel like the Massacred Souls was pretty underwhelming, and whenever the energy showed up to heal something, which I did deliberately, I just wailed on it. Easy stuff.
I still don't know quite how I did the BCS thing, it definitely took a couple of deaths and I somehow missed the ring it dropped, so I did the whole thing without one. Are those quest items, btw, and will I lose them if I start on a higher difficulty?

Also, quick question: do I need the UFO to get the jukebox key? All I know is that falling off the platform is virtually instant death because of those black fireballs.

2018-12-01 16:54:16

Hello everyone.
I know it's slightly off-topic, though at least it was discussed there earlier.
How do I make the Chaos Edition run reliably? I got it from the link that was posted earlier but it seems it was missing many essential DLLs, but when I transfer them from BK3 the game crashes when the tutorial starts. So how do I deal with that?
Thanks in advance.

2018-12-01 20:10:14

Never mind, got the key.

Now I have two more questions, and I'll shut up.

First off, with my stats the way they are, should I jump straight to hard instead of exciting, or even higher? Or should I just go up one difficulty at a time? I see what each does now, which is great and all. I'm just wondering how much difference 50 levels will make with all the weapons and other snazzy stuff I have. (Managed to get needle launcher 4, chain sword, SuperUFO and Saw Cruiser, among other things. Spirit Sword too, though it still sucks, and I'm wondering at around what level it becomes relevant.

My next question involves the Extra section. Do you lose it once you reset the difficulty? I'm hoping you don't, since there's really nothing there except that fruit juice thing which could conceivably help much, especially given that I still need like 1380 levels in order to get the gold bonus room, or whatever it is. I'd like to have it open, but if I lose it, oh well. If I do though, maybe I'll grind the spirit sword a bit in the bread-squashing minigame first. OIt's currently at level 5 or so.

I'm still kind of in shock of the fact that I did it at all. Seriously. I guess now the title of the thread is a lie. I'm not a pro, but I don't suck. Haha. Incidentally, I wonder if anyone's actually beaten this game on the highest difficulty yet, and gotten to use whatever that item is which requires a Legend of Aon medal to craft. Kicker shoes, is it?

2018-12-01 21:33:50 (edited by Shadowcat 2018-12-01 21:36:36)

Yup, and the kicker shoes are amazing.
spoilers follow
I kicked a crystal at the bio control system on the highest difficulty just now, and it quite literally zapped it down in a single shot with over a billion damage. Equivalent of a Pikachu with a light ball in gen 2 hitting say, a gyarados of the same level with thunder. lol
But no, the extras section you do not lose between resets, which is nice for fruiting.
The spirit sword becomes much better when it gains a penetration effect like the yoyos barring super have, and it never stops increasing in both damage and range. It'll also gain a couple vertical coordinates in range, I think it maxes at 3?
Exciting mode has never really been a challenge honestly, you might as well just go straight to difficult or hard, would recommend difficult, just because enemy strength in this game is more exponential than linear, at least in my experience. Exciting has gained a new use for it's clear medals in this version, so if you want that, go for it. But otherwise, yeah.

2018-12-03 01:35:30

A few specific questions because I'm here. I have since begun an Exciting playthrough. Figured I'd play it safe, and so far so good. The UFO let me cheat some areas that gave me fits, but I actually did the security cameras in 21 the legit way. Still cheesed the security carts though with the super sniper rifle, and also got that upgraded machine gun. So here are my questions:
1. The main item I'm missing for the Cat Spear is something like a "matatabi", and I have no idea what that is, who drops it, whether it's trash or a UFO catcher thing. Care to enlighten me?
2. I take it that I'm nowhere anywhere close to killing the magic ball? Yes, I did a little research first, and I'd love that shadow mode (basically makes you invincible, doesn't it?), but I don't think I have anywhere near the firepower or survivability.
3. Is there a way to check what an item does or how good it is before you craft it? There are a lot of items I'm just not sure about (water pot, mysterious chip, curved wood shelf, hell scope, plus I'd love to know how good something is before I craft it even if I know -what it is).
4. Roughly how many levels before Spirit Sword becomes workable? are we talking dozens? Hundreds? Thousands? Tens of thousands?
5. How can I refill ammo for the upgraded machine gun on the Skyracer? Will I just have to kill the chopper again to get a new one?
6. Last but not least: if I farm paper dolls and go after the fortune of Light or whatever it's called, will I even be able to handle the revamped 5.2?

2018-12-03 02:22:05

Well, I don't have the cat spear yet, and I'm close to level 2000. Lazy mostly. I primarily only use my spirit sword. I levelled it up to around maybe 20 or so before it became useful to me. I just got the magical ball as well, and I did it mostly by luck.

thanks,
Michael

2018-12-03 04:11:57

In general order, lol
Matatabi is a UFO catcher item
Nope, you are definitely not. I mean in theory there is a way you could, but you'd be getting literally no experience, if you made one single mistake you'd die horribly, and a single hit from anything would kill you, but there's a way you could cheese it.
No, there is no way to check item stats.
I think about 20-30 levels? Can't remember when it starts penetrating though.
Yes.
If nothing else, you could just fly through the entire level with the UFO and just dodge everything entirely. Afterward, store the paper dolls in the item warehouse.

2018-12-03 04:41:32

Awesome. I actually found the matatabi just a few minutes ago, and I now have a cat spear. Oh my god is that thing amazing, especially as a boss killer I bet. For DPS it probably destroys the super acrobat pistol, and even the metaton hammer. I think I killed Undead Hate with it in, oh, about eleven hits. Maybe less. Its damage is insane. I also have a queen whip now, but I'm supremely unimpressed with that one.
Would still love to know what the water pot and mysterious chip do, ditto the hell scope (though I know I can't build that one yet).
Thanks very kindly for your answers. Obviously don't have near enough paper dolls to do that yet, but will have to give it a try. If the enemies are, like, level 10000 or something, then yeah, I'd have to cheese it with the UFO.

2018-12-03 08:28:00

Hi.

I killed the magical ball around level 1900 or so, and it was still quite difficult. If you do kill it though, it gives you a ton of levels. I was around level 3200 after killing it once or twice. No matter what difficulty you are playing on, the ball is still level 5000.

Shadow mode is awesome, but I didn't use it much during the course of normal gameplay. IMO, it just makes everything way too easy.

Lots of spoilers incoming:
The mysterious chips are used with the clone generator, which allows you to copy any monster in the game besides life burners.
A word of caution though, I wouldn't clone the magical ball. As I learned the hard way, there seems to be a bug that completely screws over your experience if you clone and kill the magical ball too many times. If you decide to do it eventually, you might want to have a backup handy. It may have been fixed in the latest updates, but I don't know. In short, your milage may vary.

The gun scope multiplies the damage of your bullets by 1.5. Hell scope multiplies by 2.5. They stack.

The spirit sword is probably the best weapon in the game if you have the patience to grind it up. Mine's sitting at level 1453 and does around 37 million damage per hit. I know it has a horizontal range of at least 300 squares and a vertical range of 3. You will be grinding that thing for days though unless you help it along some. I know I had to toward the end.

As for 5-3 with the paper dolls, the monsters were about 6-8 times their normal level, but really weren't a problem as I recall. I was only a few difficulties in when I got the required number of dolls.

HTH

2018-12-03 21:22:40

You were right about the paper doll thing. It was tricky, but not too brutal. I got ganged at the bottom of the tree my first two tries, but after that I used the UFO to float to a relatively safe spot and then land. Cat spear takes everything down in 2-3 hits, which is good because even slimes were doing like 1400 damage and I nearly got insta-killed by a crazy horse. I more wanted the weapon to say I got it, but now that I have it, it's...well, it's meh. Best I can say.

Still curious about the mysterious water pot, but thank you very much for answers regarding the other stuff, and for the warning about cloning the magical ball. If you clone something and attack it, is it aggro to you or will it stand there and let you kill it? I'm expecting the former, but who knows? It's obviously gonna be a long long time before I get my hands on that thing.

2018-12-03 22:35:30

The new water pot allows you to collect as much water as you want from rivers, instead of you having to press enter a whole bunch to take 10 at a time. Quite the lifesaver if you need it.

2018-12-03 22:53:53

Oh man, that's bloody handy. I like stuff like that. I feel like there are a lot of craftable items with absolutely no use though. I'm looking at you, curved wood shelf. and you too, working watch.

Someone said they "helped the Spirit Sword along" to get it to level. How exactly do you do this? Asking for a friend. Heh.

I kid, of course. I'm getting to a point now where a lot of this stuff I can do on my own, but I'm sure I will think I suck again when I try and fail horribly to kill the magic ball.

2018-12-04 01:13:20

If you clone something, it will attack you just like the original.

It is possible to level the spirit sword using Cheat Engine or similar programs. Pressing r will tell you how many experience the sword has. You can modify this value in RAM before saving. I'm not sure how you feel about such "shortcuts", but I can give more details if you'd like.

Yeah, the fortune of light isn't a good weapon. However, 5-3 is a great spot for grinding out levels quickly, especially on Hell Mode and above.