2018-11-30 02:07:52

Nope, it doesn’t.

2018-11-30 02:55:26

Chaos version? What the heck is that?

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2018-11-30 03:04:25 (edited by nyanchan 2018-11-30 03:05:06)

I don't think the fireballs at that bonus room are even hittable. Even if some of them are displayed as normal, they are actually not normal. The black ones? Yeah, black.

I don't speak as good as I write, and I don't listen as good as I speak.

2018-11-30 03:54:39 (edited by UltraLeetJ 2018-11-30 03:56:37)

@77 that version is for people who think the game is still too easy. You move way faster, and enemies are  tough from the beginning. There are a bit of funny bits here and there, and extra minigames I wish i could understand... The one that deals with yokotank I sort of understand it.. the goal is to become like a shield or something for him and he will attack enemies for you,but you get the experience faster so you can level up.. it still is hard or I am not understanding right. I think the Carla rematch one does not work but it would have been interesting.

re: black fireballs, well isn't fire supposed to be black anyway lol
I have never truly verified if they kill me but I am sure they will in just one explosion, even the large one that spawns them, correct?

A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

2018-11-30 04:20:22 (edited by Shadowcat 2018-11-30 04:26:47)

The Carla minigame works... she comes after you with a sniper rifle that does massive damage and can hit you from off the screen, rockets, machine guns and she's faster than normal. It's terrifying.
I would say though in some regards, the chaos version is also easier. Turbulence doesn't kill you, if Carla dies in 11, 12, 15 or 16 you just keep going, no friendly fire, you can craft a sniper rifle that fires two bullets at once and basically clears out the entire stage... it's fun. Also, a fair amount of weapons have been enhanced in some ways, most melee weapons have combos, grinding stuff in the UFO catcher becomes much more convenient because you get many items at a time... etc etc. Although having said that, I don't think the version of the main game it's based off has been updated for quite a while.

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2018-11-30 04:20:50

They are supposed to burn you completely. 2000000000 damage.

2018-11-30 04:22:36

I knew there was a reason I never dared to walk normally through that room... tongue.

2018-11-30 04:33:14 (edited by nyanchan 2018-11-30 04:34:47)

@80
I found that the chaos version gave you the sonar at the tutorial and said "I was going to give you this here, but it was postponed a bit in the official version for some reason, so yeah, enjoy".
And the message when Carla dies is very funny. "Oh, Carla isn't there. But I don't care."

2018-11-30 05:07:03

So, I've just stumbled across a potential design flaw.

In 25.3, if you get past that second room, it'll now spawn a switch in the first room with the trio of dragons which will bring you to the room you died in. Great, right? Wrong.
If you die after Mud Killer, you don't have the piece of paper he drops. And this means that unless the disc puzzle is always fixed (i.e., the same sequence for everybody), I'm going to have to do the whole level the natural way anyway, making the switch virtually pointless.

Worked out a cheesy strat for the fighter helicopter, too. When it hits the ground, don't shoot it. Wait for it to send out a container, then let the container get really close to you and bust out a weapon that does pierce damage (triple yoyo worked for this). The container will catch you (love the ambient sound there, btw) and then just make sure you're facing the chopper, which is still on the ground and waiting for you. Let 'em have it. it won't die in one round, but I've gotten several shots in this way, which is a whole lot less boring than sitting around waiting for the bloody thing to land after every shot. Of course, if you don't have the firepower, the container can always kill you, but as of yet I have never once died to that helicopter, which is more than I can say for most bosses.

2018-11-30 05:17:44

The disc puzzle is in fact always fixed. The discs are arranged differently every time, but the number for the solution is the same. So the paper isn't technically necessary.

Discord: clemchowder633

2018-11-30 06:22:30

So, a funny thing happened. I found a boss that doesn't seem to take much damage from the triple yo-yo. Like 1% of its health per round, and given that it three-shots me with virtually anything it fires...just ouch.
This bio-control system is absolutely brutal. Wonder if you folks know of any strategies that are particularly effective. I don't fancy tangling toe to toe with it, not when it's spewing that much energy and electricity and whatnot.

2018-11-30 14:52:10

And another update. Aren't you glad I'm so full of these?

Right, so bosses being tricky or long is fine. I've managed to figure out ways to stay alive and get the bio-control system down to lower health. Great, right?
Wrong. Here's what just happened.
It spawned a launcher, which spawned a security cart. Note I didn't hear either of these things. Said security cart spawned a big lime ball, which, again, I couldn't hear coming, and I got paralyzed. Before I could even move - as in, about a quarter of a second - the bio-control system used some sort of lightning attack - again, didn't hear it coming, no telegraphing at all, it was over 80 tiles from me, I couldn't even hear it humming - to kill me.
This isn't just hard, it's random and borderline unfair, especially on normal difficulty. If you want us to be able to deal with attacks, we have to be able to hear them. I can live with the stamina-killer-syringe thing because it's like 100 damage and a stamina drain rather than, y'know, instant death, but the combination here is just brutal. If I'd managed to get to my items to use a stun recovery I'd still have been pelted by thunder I couldn't hear coming. How again are you supposed to actually deal with a two-hit-kill attack that hits approximately once per second that you can't hear coming? I'd really, really like to know.
Incidentally, both playthroughs of this game I've seen on YouTube which tackle this boss use overpowered weapons in order to take it down, so it's not as if I can even listen to someone "do it right", as it were.
I thought I was doing pretty well there for a bit, had the boss down to about 46% health...and then random death. Not happy. Not happy at all.

2018-11-30 18:41:49 (edited by Shadowcat 2018-11-30 18:47:15)

You actually can, that lightning attack is telegraphed by a quick zap sound before it actually hits. If you just start running, it becomes entirely useless.
This is also where the object info menu becomes very, very useful.
If you want, I can start a fresh playthrough, get to the boss with your stats and record it in goldwave or something just to prove that yes, it is possible without overpowered weapons. Or you could pass me your save for the same result.

2018-11-30 19:14:11

well, I have not been able to unlock the Carla rematch level then, how are you supposed to do this? and I wish I could know more about what is going on in the yokotank food level. Right, the chaos version does tell you that you have a compact sonar from the tutorial.

A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

2018-11-30 21:39:54

First of all, BlindNinja, I didn't hear that zap, but I'll listen for it next time. I happened to be stunned at the time, mind you, and the issue of not hearing things that can damage you is a real problem in cases like that.
Second of all, you said that if you start running it makes that thunder attack completely useless? You said it tracks. I presume this means it'll keep spamming thunder wherever I happen to be. Or does it mean it'll come find me, start pelting one square over and over with thunder while I presumably get away?

2018-11-30 22:08:21

And...yeah. It tracks all right. I heard about half a second of aap, got stunned, instantly hit x, used a stun recovery, tried to move, got zapped again and died.

So, um.

This is not reasonable. Not even for a so-called final boss. And I suspect it only gets harder from here. This time it was down to 36%, by the way, and I've learned that kiting it (that is, staying about 45 tiles away and pelting it with stuff and then running away) seems to be the safest strat. I don't dare get closer because that alternating electricity thing is so, so fast. Thank god the energy beams are slower. I just wonder what's going to happen when it starts shooting fast missiles, healing itself and producing blade traps to defend itself. I mean seriously. This is another one of those things I'd have liked to see more on higher difficulties. Maybe on normal it should spend 50% of its health bar doing what it does in phase 1 (alternating electricity, energy beams) and the other half doing what it does in phase 2 (creating launchers occasionally, gaining the dragon's fire and ice attack). And then on higher difficulties you can start adding the other stuff.
Of course, for things like this I don't actually expect anything will happen, because obviously others can do it. Note the apt title of this thread. I must suck, or I wouldn't be struggling this way. Nevertheless, I'm not exactly a terrible audiogamer in general, and I'm wondering at the difficulty vs. the need for that difficulty on a first playthrough. I'd love to hear someone beat this thing with the triple yoyo, super buster blade, stuff like that. Both youtube playthroughs use either the water master or some other overpowered water weapon.

Anyway, sorry to gripe, but this is sort of upsetting me. I feel like I'm very close to the end and might be onto something, but at the same time I expect that having five big bosses around the field in the next stage is just going to provide me way, way too much chaos. Unless they're all a little more frail than this one.

2018-11-30 22:42:21

If you pm me with a copy of your save, I can try and see where it gets me. There definitely is a way to do it that doesnt require some massive amount of balance, otherwise this issue would have been raised before now. haha. Not to say that you're a terrible gamer, because I felt the same amount of frustration when I first played that stage.

Discord: clemchowder633

2018-11-30 22:50:37

I'm assuming it's the .dat file buried in the Nyanchangame folder?
If so, I'll stick it in dropbox and send you the link. Does that work/make sense?

2018-12-01 00:03:10

I have dropboxed what I'm about 98% sure is my save file, and it can be found here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/094pbi18dru2m … 1.dat?dl=1

Would definitely appreciate any help.

2018-12-01 01:49:20

Right, so. It's definitely doable... but if you favor ranged over melee, it'll definitely take you a longer time. I basically just kept about 10 steps ahead of the BCS, waited for it to start shooting electricity, ran behind it, put on a power drink and slammed it with the acrobat pistol over and over. would've worked much better if you'd had the enhanced one, but hey.
That, and use of the megaton hammer pretty much sealed the deal. I did not record it, but I could do it again and actually show you what I'm doing if you like. The arrow shot also does some respectable damage to it, but you didn't actually make any ammo for it. Or if you did, you used it all before then.

2018-12-01 02:17:31

Can you keep it from doing its silly thunder attack this way? Or its other stuff? I don't know if it's inteerruptable, but the dash+power drink+hammer combo sounds neat, actually.
See, this is why I like asking for feedback. I'd love to hear how you did it, but I don't require it, so feel free if you like but I'm not gonna be holding my breath or anything.
Thank you for taking the time to explain alternate strategies. And no, I didn't upgrade that pistol, as your guide says it'll "do in a pinch", which makes it sound sort of underwhelming honestly. I did once make stuff for the arrow shot, but forgot to make more arrows. This is what happens when you take the plunge I suppose.

2018-12-01 02:42:27

So I tried it with the megaton hammer, and that's much, much faster. You folks aren't kidding about that. Still died horribly to (you guessed it) the thunder attack, though this time I got it to about 35% health.
That thunder thing is just mean. I'm sorry, but I really don't know how to get around it. And I don't mean the alternating bolts. Those are tricky, but not especially dangerous. Each hit of the hammer even without a drink was doing like 3% of its health, which definitely makes an argument as to why exactly bullets don't work on everything. I didn't think the yoyo would count there, but oh well.
Looks like if I get to subsequent playthroughs I'm going to need a mix of stuff.

And this doesn't even scratch 25.5, which I'm sure is going to give me fits.

2018-12-01 02:59:12 (edited by nyanchan 2018-12-01 02:59:45)

The continuous lightning can be dodged by jumping or moving.
As someone mentioned previously, it makes a small zap before starting and it targets exactly one square where the zap occured. Also, if you stand near the biocontrol, it makes the powerup as always. It's fine to use long-ranged weapons though, you'd better be where you can see (hear) the machine.

2018-12-01 03:04:24

The key to dodging the thunder is to just not stop moving, it tracks your starting position where you were when that warning zap sounds, but it won't follow you if you move even 1 space.
Also, here's a thing. It wouldn't have taken nearly so long if it didn't keep teleporting all the way to the other side of the whole damn field... lol.
About the super acrobat pistol, what I meant by it'll do in a pinch is like, it'll work, but only if you're willing to be right next to your target. In this fight, the only truly safe time you have for that is if you're close enough when it starts throwing bolts. I'm pretty sure as far as pure DPS goes, it actually does more than the megaton hammer...

2018-12-01 03:34:51

Damn, that was pro. I feel like I'm just not that good, but the big hits the hammer does seem as if they'd help out. Wonder if I should bust out the energy ball I've got if I get close enough, so I can hammer it with good damage especially once it's weaker.
Thanks much for this, though.
Now here'll be an interesting challenge. Are you capable of using my save file and taking on the final quintet of bosses? Because if I'm not ready/don't have the stats and gear, then maybe I should just try again someway with a new and better-equipped file.