2018-12-11 05:06:22

I think it should be left as is, personally. Sure, it's inconsistent, but I just put that down to game logic. lol

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2018-12-11 05:12:46

Maybe an alternative could be once the level has been beat, have the option to leave Carla behind, same as in 11-1? Then farming the mini-shooters wouldn't be something I put off.

Oh, and BlindNinja, you did that level a lot more cleanly than I did for sure. Did you even get hit once? I was hovering around 3k hp.

thanks,
Michael

2018-12-11 05:23:42

The "Do you let Carla join the battle?" was what I accidentally imported from the chaos version, but there's no point replaying the stages with Carla after completion, so I'll import it for all co-ops stages.
Also, it's stupid that she doesn't feel the approaching heat from her back and being burned and even suffered by the following explosion, so I'll think of an additional logic for her safety.

I don't speak as good as I write, and I don't listen as good as I speak.

2018-12-11 05:24:57

Hi, I just wanna weigh in after reading this topic to say that their are 2 weapons that will make your life much much easier on the Karla levels, that is the needle launcher, the strongest or close to the strongest one. And the volt stick.
The needle launcher is a bit tough to craft if I remember more tedious I guess then anything. But the volt stick is super easy to craft and is made from some of that "junk" you got from killing the extinguisher.
Thirdly, make sure you check where you get cheat engine from cause the real installer doesn't come bundled with anything if I remember correctly.

2018-12-11 05:33:26

Well, I have needle launcher 4 and the lower-level electric stick. I also have the cat spear, which I think trumps the electric thing eight ways to Sunday. BlindNinja did this like an absolute pro. Congrats, dude. Wow. Feel like a n00b all over again.

Yukio, thanks for at least considering some of these tweaks. Improving her AI would be enormously welcome, or making her tankier so it's harder to hurt her, or something. Having her go from full to nothing in only a few seconds sometimes is just a bit much to take. By contrast, in stages 15 and 16, I actually don't mind her hanging around because she's deadly and can handle herself very well.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2018-12-11 05:33:27

If the zipped version is deleted or anything, universal extractor might work for picking up files that you want and trash the rest. Of course the uninstaller won't work in that case, so it sometimes makes your registry a little bit dirty though.

2018-12-11 06:17:53

@drums
Nope, lol took no damage myself. I did shoot Carla once by accident though.

2018-12-11 16:25:14 (edited by pulseman45 2018-12-11 16:26:10)

@nyanchan: I didn't remember that you could do 11-1 alone in the Chaos Edition, or perhaps it has changed quite a bit between updates. I didn't finish this version yet, I'm grinding things for stage 21.
What is surprising is that I find it quite a bit easier than the original for the moment, whereas I honestly expected the contrary. I think in the Chaos Edition Carla has more health, so maybe that is the one change to implement. That, or maybe give her a few healing items that she can use. Again in Chaos Edition, she can use pieces of light to heal in 7-4, so maybe giving her like 2 or 3 of them in stages such as 11 or 12 might be a good idea.

2018-12-13 17:31:55

I would love love love it if the developer would do something with Carla. It would be excellent to have the option to not have her join in battle at every stage. I mean, the stages 15 an 16 aren't as bad, but those would be great for grinding, and with her killing things, you can't. I would refer to the developer by name, but I can't spell it, so sorry man! Thanks again for listening to us! Now, why can't I do something with those damn watches and string telephones I crafted? LOL

2018-12-13 17:36:19

Part of the storyline. This is why he is going to implement the change to not have her join you in battle be an option after you have beaten those stages once.

Discord: clemchowder633

2018-12-13 20:44:59

I'm just eager to eventually unlock the gold-earning room, or whatever the heck it is. No idea how it works, I only know I have like 1240 levels to go.

So here's where I come back asking for more advice. I've mentioned this elsewhere.
In 25.1, I do okay right up until the bombing slime creeps start spraying fire everywhere. I tried sprinting to the left edge of the stage and using the water plane launcher; no good. I tried using the high jump shoes to dodge fireballs. That worked for awhile, but I came down into what looked like about eleven fireballs, which is kind of insane. It looks like most of my spray-style weapons don't do enough damage to fireballs or the slimes themselves (though maybe the mega shooter is something to try here?). I know I can't just stand with my defend master held high and hope for the best. The fireballs do like 2900 damage a pop when they hit directly.
My stats are roughly 1.35k attack and defense on top of about 10.3kHP. I'm playing on hard mode.
Is there any better/safer way to manage these things? I hate them. I hate them so much.

2018-12-13 20:54:04

If you can destroy them before they release their fireballs, you should be good. I just don't remember what the timng is, unfortunately, but it's definitely a skill that is possible.

Discord: clemchowder633

2018-12-13 21:02:10 (edited by Shadowcat 2018-12-13 21:02:54)

Basically, the best option is to kill the creeps with a suitably high-powered weapon before they can split to begin with. If they do split, use the aero gear to get far, far away, whip out the triple yoyo or something else with a penetrative effect, kill the split slimes with that, then use a mini shooter to blow up the fireballs.
Just... make sure the penetration weapon won't hit the box with the piece in it. lol
HTH

2018-12-13 23:26:10

Anyone know where to find the exploding cat claws? I may have asked this already, but I forget, so sorry.

2018-12-14 00:06:24 (edited by haily_merry 2018-12-14 00:09:17)

It’s in 0-3, I believe it appears once you reach a sirtan level but not sure, I just got it when I beat the game.

2018-12-14 02:09:56

Ah, well that might explain it. I am starting the game over again. I got stuck at 25-4, so I am learning from my mistakes and trying again.

2018-12-14 02:39:12

The fireballs start traveling to the left after spawned. This was originally a bug and I wanted them to split to different directions, but I thought fixing that would significantly increase the difficulty for defending the box, so yeah. What you can effectively do is to jump over those slimes, stand just in front of the box, face your left and spray your gun or yoyo.

2018-12-14 06:05:52

Use the UFO to just fly above them.

thanks,
Michael

2018-12-14 07:55:53

Aww man, I'm a moron. Why did I not think of the UFO? That's freaking brilliant!

2018-12-14 16:07:14

Also, thanks for the pro tip about fireballs always moving left. I did it easily eventually, but I might've gotten lucky.

So now I have a question. I have 1370 atk/def, about 10.4k HP. Am I ready for "very hard" yet? I'm noticing even green slimes hit me for almost 1k damage, though they die fast. What I was hoping for in this level was a setup where, because of the good weapons I have, I'd be able to grind a veritable crapton of levels in 8.1, 18.1, stuff like that. What I hope I haven't just done is set up a virtually unwinnable scenario. My skills are good, but I'm not a pro.

2018-12-14 17:11:13

What I did, and probably what I did takes all the challenge out of the game, but I always trained my defense up so that attacks never really hurt because they all did 1 damage. I would imagine you would do fine at the next difficulty though, you can always level up in the first few stages, or buy fruits before you change to beef up defense.

I am really looking forward to not having to replay difficulties in their entirety once they have already been beaten once, for situations just like this.

thanks,
Michael

2018-12-14 17:35:07

Yeah, I still have medals on hard difficulty, so if I decide this is too hard after all, it'll be nice to be able to revert to the prior difficulty level and grind for fruits if that's what I deem necessary.

2018-12-14 17:55:50

LOL I guess I still have a lot to learn, but what is the UFO?

2018-12-14 18:49:54

You didn't beat the game, so you can't get it yet. It's also in BlindNinja's guide, but essentially it allows you to float. You can adjust your height up and down (though not down easily if you have a shield equipped), so if there's hell on the ground, you can just float above it. Big stamina drain though, so watch out for that. If you're high in the air and you run out of stamina, you'll immediately start to fall. And you know what happens if you hit the ground from too high up, don't you? You can, of course, hold the space bar and quaff a stamina recovery item, and you likely won't die.

2018-12-15 01:23:04

Another cool thing you can do with the UFO is to go up a square or two in the air. If you have a weapon with some vertical range on your numbers, keep pressing the spacebar to float. Then, while continuing to hold down the spacebar, switch to your weapon. If you do it right, you'll still be floating in the air, but you can turn left and right and massacre everything below you. I used that trick with great success in 23-3. Just don't take a step or you'll fall down.