2008-11-10 10:07:10

for some really weerd reason, the main page on Darker projects keeps doing to weerd things, ie crashing!

I thought at first this was part of the general Ie trouble I was having on my desktop, but A, the same thing is happening on my laptop, and B, when I fixed said Ie trouble (symply a problem of too many add-ons, most of which i don't need), I stil get the same shinanigans.

It's not the flash, sinse even when i run internet explorer without add-ons (a very handy option), I get the same thing happening.

the only way around it I've found is to go through google, and find a link to their "projects" page at http://www.darkerprojects.com/projects.php which is fine, along with all the basic pages for their internet dramas.

the only slight irritation with this though, is obviously they only announce news and updates on their main page.

Has anyone else had this problem? as it's come up on both my laptop and desktop, i'd guess it's more of a general issue than I thought.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2008-11-10 22:59:51

Luckily I haven't on my desktop, though my netbook seems to do that on the main page too. Then again my desktop does that on youtube, so I've had to use Firefox for that.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2008-11-11 03:53:19

Odd, Utube is fine on both my desktop and laptop, ---- and on my brother's desktop as well.

It's a shame Darker projects doesn't have an announce only mailing list for new productions, ----- though sinse Hal ten supports firefox, I might be switching to that soon, ----- or at least havingh it as an alternative to Ie, I haven't decided thus far.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2008-11-11 23:47:27

Yeah I tried that, though some (but seemingly not all) of their stuff seems to have issues with Firefox in terms of playback. Unless it's just how I've got it set up...

If you do get firefox though you might want to check out WebVisum as an add on. It frankly is more of a nuisance than a help I find most of the time, but just occasionally it can solve captias for you which is handy.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.