2008-11-09 06:30:53

Hi everyone.
I have problem with deleting files form my partition, where i was installed vista, now i using XP system, and my windows vista on another partition folder, iis protected, or something like that, i tried deleting it, but i can't 
I didn't want formatting this partition, cause i have there many usual files, and i don't lost it all.

So, please, if you know some methods to delete it, please, help, vista has 9 GB on my hard drive.
Grrr..

Twitter
Add me on Steam
Discord: lirintheblindguy
BattleTAG: Lirin#21759

2008-11-09 10:45:59

Wait, you have Vista installed on the same partition as XP?

If it were on a separate partition I would say Partition Magic can cure all your problems, but if you don't want to remove the partition itself I honestly don't know what to do.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2008-11-09 10:49:11

Yeah, i have vista on my C partition, and XP on d

On c i have about 100 gb of very important files, and now i can't burn it on DVD's cause i have broken my recorder.

I can't copy these files, cause i haven't enought free space on rest prtitions.

Ehh, and i don't know what can i do....

Twitter
Add me on Steam
Discord: lirintheblindguy
BattleTAG: Lirin#21759

2008-11-09 20:30:42

Seal, I suggest you invest in an external harddrive, copy all your important files onto there, then do what needs to be done with Vista.

i bought a 200 gb external Usb harddrive about 18 months ago. now I have three copies of all important stuff, ---- 1 on my desktop, 1 on my laptop, and one on the external drive (which is also a great way of transferring big wodges of stuff from one machine to the other).

I used to use cd's, but found them too small, not to mention the need for deciding what went on what Cd to be a pain.

with the external drive tough, I can just copy and paste hole folders as large as I like, ---- even stuff like the address book contacts folder from outlook express, and my favourites folder.

when my desktop crashed in July, I hardly lost anything, and that was entirely due to my external Hd, ---- pluss, it's not taken me all that long at all to put everything onto my new desktop.

hth.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2008-11-11 15:12:09

hi seal! if you have write me: skipe: bucklee12 or msn: [email protected]. and i should to try to help you! if noo, we will chat, or something!!!!! hi!

f.a.t.h.e.r

2008-11-12 23:59:20

Uh.

Seal:

As they say, get an external drive. In fact, all of you should be doing that. Get one and back up all your important data. I have a 120GB one with lots of stuff; and a 2gig that I use for school backup. I.E. A 120gig for computer-related stuff, and a 2gig Lexar USB drive for school-related files.

I guess the answer here is to find a backup solution that works best for you. And no, a good backup solution is not to backup once every 3 weeks smile