2018-11-20 15:44:43

As I stated in the other topic regarding Draconis, I submitted a ticket to their helpdesk trying to make them aware of the problems people have had receiving orders for their games.

They have now replied to that ticket.

I'll directly copy my post and the replies here, because I get the  impression Draconis are really sorry about the situation and want to apologise to the community, and make good on problems people have been having, so its only fair if this comes in their own words.

Draconis wrote:

Date:
2018-11-17 01:42:25
Name:
dark
Email:
dr (dot) lukehewitt (at) gmail (dot) com
Printer friendly version

This is dark from the audiogames.net forum.
Several people have been worrying about what has happened to Draconis and its games since they have either not received registration information, or could find a way to buy some games, see http://forum.audiogames.net/topic/26528 … rtainment/

To test this theory (and because its about time I did so), I bought Silver dollar myself, and now, two days later have still not received either a registration key or any word from Craconis.

I personally have greatly enjoyed Draconis games over the years, they've represented a landmark in audiogames development, heck I still have alien outback and the pinball games on this pc and play them often since they work fine on windows 10.

If however we don't get some word from Draconis, I@m afraid I will need to edit the audiogames.net database to advise people not to purchice Draconis games and that their existing games are no longer available.
I'd really rather not do this, Draconis has provided some of the best audio work we've heard previously and I'd be sincerely sorry if the games were no longer available.

So, firstly I would greatly appreciate getting my own registration information for silver dollar.
Secondly and more seriously however, myself and the rest of the audiogames community would very much like a word from Draconis about what is happening.

All the best,

Dr. Luke Hewitt aka Dark.

Staff writer, audiogames.net

Date:
2018-11-20 03:34:39
Name:
Draconis Staff
Printer friendly version
Thanks for making us aware. We know of some intermittent problems, which we had dealt with, but the problem may be more significant than we realized. We are investigating further now. Please let your users know we apologize for any issues and will do everything we can to resolve them soon.

Draconis Staff
Date:
2018-11-20 03:58:16
Name:
Draconis Staff
Printer friendly version

It's only been a few minutes, and I'm still trying to sort out the problem. The registration system itself is working correctly, but PayPal, whom we use for payment processing, is not consistently reporting to our server.

I would appreciate it if you could ask anyone you know who has not received registration information to email [email protected] directly with their name, the game they ordered, and a copy of their PayPal receipt if it is available. We will try to generate any outstanding orders manually while we work out what the problem is.

Again, we apologize to anyone this has inconvenienced.

Draconis Staff
Date:
2018-11-20 05:36:01
Name:
Draconis Staff
Printer friendly version

It looks like we have resolved the issue with PayPal contacting our registration system, and all orders going forward should be automatically processed correctly.

As I wrote above, if you know anyone still awaiting registration information, please ask them to contact [email protected] with their info and we will get them taken care of ASAP. I've already processed a couple that I could identify, but it is possible there are others.

I will be monitoring things closely over the next few days to make sure there are no more glitches in the system, but as of right now, everything seems to be back to full operation.

The intermittent nature of this issue made identifying it challenging. We feel terrible about this, and deeply apologize. My business partner and I will be discussing alternative payment providers going forward, as this experience has soured us a bit on PayPal.

Draconis Staff

So there you have it. I'l be sending a link to this topic along to them directly, and I for one hope to be playing Silver dollar myself in the very near future, I also hope this means all the great games Draconis created will be available from now on, since it'd be a real shame to miss out on them.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2018-11-20 17:10:47

It is nice that this company is still active.

2018-11-20 17:28:28

Okay. This is all very well and good, but the real question is, will they ever be developing a new game? I believe they haven’t released anything in over a decade.

Hopefully, we'll get a fully accessible open world game someday.

2018-11-20 17:48:13

silverdollar and change reaction 2.0 are much newer than that.

2018-11-20 18:04:41

Hi Dark,
Many thanks for your help in resolving this. Whilst as I said in the previous topic that I did in fact submit a support ticket and am not sure why it was missed, I'll be sure to email them directly shortly.
Thanks again,

Daniel

2018-11-20 19:17:01

Yeah, silver dollar and change reaction 2.0 are 5 or 6 years old by now.
I bought them both and got my info at that time, but I can't remember if the system was automated or not.

2018-11-20 23:08:07

Well I'm personaly glad  their titles are still available, they are imho still some of the best audio arcade titles we've had, especially the pinball games.
New releases would of course be fantastic, and their last release was five years  but future plans are a different matter.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2018-11-21 01:49:41

Dark,
I'm happy you got the problem resolved.
I'm glad they still have a valid email address at [email protected]
When I get a message from them about a Sarah game order it is from [email protected]
which I think goes right into their junk mail if I try to reply.
I got an order from them today on a Sarah game order.
The order didn't include a computer code so I have to wait until that person gets my reply requesting that code.
The Sarah game was written using the GMA game engine which is not available for purchase now.
It generates a specific code for each computer and the gamer needs to send me that code so I can manually generate a registration key.
GMA no longer uses this system and neither does Draconis.
It is a little clunky but as long as email works it works.
thanks,
Phil Vlasak,
http://www.pcs-games.net

2018-11-21 03:33:07 (edited by UltraLeetJ 2018-11-21 03:55:40)

hi, very nice this got solved and you got an official word. However, I wish to respectfully make a small observation and that is about spelling, namely with an important term here,
purchice

its actually
purchase.
Knowing the speaker was non-native, I would let that one slip by, however, I would probably start doubting on the seriousness or legitimacy of the e-mail if I had gotten one with such typos. Thunderbird and most browsers nowadays do have this functionality in handy though which is always a nice thing to have and reflects good on you, so always always go over posts or e-mails you send, especially important ones.

A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

2018-11-21 04:28:31

You never heard of purchiceing games?
That is when you buy and play a game and you smile so much your cheeks turn red.
I'll give Dark a break and realize he just got married so he has Mrs. Dark kissing his ear as he was typing and didn't notice the mistake.

2018-11-21 05:00:57

A grate game dev rises again! Yay!

2018-11-21 08:24:19

Hi.
Awesome. Thank you very much Dark for posting this. I'm so glad they quickly took care of this. I will buy the missing games in the near future.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2018-11-21 11:55:57

any demo links to silverdollar or any of there games??? want to check out the audio, just may purchase

can i get a peace double harmony burger? no chaos

2018-11-21 22:03:44

phil wrote:

That is when you buy and play a game and you smile so much your cheeks turn red.

lol!

A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

2018-11-22 19:43:59

I'm just glad their still around personally, and didn't go the way of Bavisoft.
Then again I also didn't order anything LOL.

2018-11-24 10:53:20 (edited by MikeFont 2018-11-24 10:54:58)

Glad to see Draconus is still kicking too! I remember beta testing the second pack of the pinball games it was a ton of fun working with them.
Let's hope there's some production in the future, it'd really be something I'm sure!
smile
Thanks to Dark for taking action and getting a response at long last.!