2020-01-17 19:00:42

Glad you got it working! smile

2020-11-02 13:27:55

Any plans to continue this guide? I just got the game on a great deal. Steam currently has it for $10.

Take care, it's a desert out there.

2020-11-02 15:07:58

I'll definitely do that at some point.

2020-11-02 21:35:13

Hi, i consider to start to play this game, but i have two questions.
Firstly: can I play this game on pc?
Second do i need to play it with jojstick or i can play with mouse and keyboard?

2020-11-02 21:41:45

If your pc is good enough you sure can. I suggest you to play using a controller. The main issue in this game is the camera, so using the right stick correctly is the key to not mess anything up. Besides, the puzzles requires you to use both analog sticks and I haven't done any testing when it comes to completing them using the mouse.

2020-11-03 02:02:39

Okay i try it. But when i start the game, open main menu, and here i want to know what i have of options, i set nvda configure on lap-top, press nvda + r and hear: running ocr. After 3,4 second i heear no text found. On some way i pressing araound and start a game. I hear intro video in which Ethan gets message and come to Luisiana. After that i can walk arround, i press i and here i try doing ocr with hope to nvda start read items. but again no text were found. What i doing wrong?

2020-11-03 02:09:13

I'm not sure. OCR works very well with the PC version, especially in your inventory and storage box later in the game. Maybe your cursor isn't focused on an item?

2020-11-03 03:16:21

Hmm maybe that or i do not set propper windows resolution... i will check it.

2020-11-03 09:40:44

Hi.
I should start playing the game again.
I can indeed confirm that the camera is the main issue in this game. It frustrates the hell out of me when I mess it up.
I'm currently stuck in part 2, where the first none human enemies appears. I take extremely much damage, and I can't hit the enemies very wel for some reason.
When reading the walkthrough, finding Jack for the final time seems quite overwhelming. Especially when navigating through all those rooms. But it might be easier than it sounds.
Do you know if I'll get the Mac version as well if I buy the game on Steam? My virtual Windows is not powerful enough to run the game.
It seems like there is a difference regarding the camera between the Xbox version and the pc version. I would like to test if there is any difference.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2020-11-03 10:07:42

@SLJ I have the ps4 version on disk and I'm able to navigate fine.

"Hello Jerry."
"Hello Newman."

2020-11-03 13:32:45

@Aron Leppik: How far are you in the game? How do you handle the camera?

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.

2020-11-03 13:45:33 (edited by Aron Leppik 2020-11-03 13:46:10)

Haven't played it in like a year, but I got past the ship part with Mia. Try changing your camera settings. @Seb what are your video/cam settings on?

"Hello Jerry."
"Hello Newman."

2020-11-03 15:16:24

I haven't changed anything regarding camera settings, but if you want I can always post them here

2020-11-03 17:42:13 (edited by Aron Leppik 2020-11-03 17:42:37)

I don't have my re 7 disk with me at the moment. If you can post them then yes, if you can't I'll post them whenever I get back from HS.  For anyone who doesn't know, the not a hero dlc's free so that might be worth checkin' out.

"Hello Jerry."
"Hello Newman."

2020-11-04 09:10:50

@Aron Leppik: Just wandering, are you totally blind?
I went into the settings and reset the camera settings to the default. That fixed a lot of issues for me, but I still find a lot of places, where the camera have to be in the exact hight or angle to interact with the object.
I haven't been on any ship yet, which means you are much further than me.
Do you have any tips for the enemies? Or any clue on what I'm doing wrong?
I would gladly post what my camera settings are set to, but I don't know how to check that. I don't find the OCR very helpful regarding the camera settings, but I might be able to count the setting if it doesn't wrap.

Best regards SLJ.

2020-11-04 17:37:13

Make sure aim assist is on in the control settings, then you should be able to center the sound in your headphones and kill them. You can always use the knife too. Best way to use it is to press r2 without holding l2.

2020-11-04 17:45:37

Yep. I'm completely blind. Will start playing again this weekend and see what tips I can write down. @Seb this is off topic, but after the Olga boss fight in mgs 2 and after going down from the bridge I get blown up by those sensors that Otacon talks about. Any tips to get past that part?

"Hello Jerry."
"Hello Newman."

2020-11-04 17:57:02

I had very old notes regarding that part, however it has been a very long time so I doubt I still do. I remember someone posting some tips about it on the forum though.

2020-11-04 18:00:39

Okey_dokey! Let's start searching. Thanks for your instructions on how to take pics on Metal Gear Ray that you posted about 6 years ago. Those will be useful. About re 7 I didn't actually know ame assist was a thing.

"Hello Jerry."
"Hello Newman."

2020-11-04 19:22:37

Does the aim assist for this also work with Mouse and Keyboard? I do not have a controller.

2020-11-04 19:24:15

Can't confirm, I always use a controller.

2020-11-04 21:15:38 (edited by Aron Leppik 2020-11-04 21:25:44)

Don't know either because I'm on ps4. Google says that it might not work with a mouse.
The steam comunity says that it doesn't work with kbm.

"Hello Jerry."
"Hello Newman."