2018-11-12 22:16:50

To get the metal gear mod, go to the developer list on the archive. Find the developer called Locutus.  After downloading the mod, go into its file location. The README should tell you what it does and how to make it work.

2018-11-12 22:51:21

I don't see Locutus in the archive.

PSN ID: AvidLitRPGer
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AvidLitRPGer
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AvidLitRPGer
leave me a message saying how you found me.

2018-11-12 23:05:59

Hi Munawar!

Thanks a lot for your effort. I bought a TH-licence many years ago and I am so happy that I can Play it again now.

Kind regards from Daniel.

-------------

What's yours is mine and what's mine is mine too
If you shake my hand better count your fingers  (Megadeth)

2018-11-12 23:07:44

My mistake. The developer is BPC programs.

2018-11-12 23:17:14

is the game on the archive going to be updated? it still says demo.

PSN ID: AvidLitRPGer
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AvidLitRPGer
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AvidLitRPGer
leave me a message saying how you found me.

2018-11-13 03:27:07

Hi I just downloaded it right now I tried out the demo a long time ago back in 2008 and I guess I wasn't that much into it.  Now I'm going to give it another chance thanks for sharing man.  It sounds like its going to be an awesome game.

2018-11-13 05:19:28

wow this is nice. I have not encountered a bug, but you guys who are experiencing problems should open issues in the project page,its not hard and its totally doable with a screen reader.
Anyway, this game sounds big and I liked what I had played so far. I have to figure out how could I locate health packs and other things.

A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

2018-11-13 07:19:11

Hmm, when i'm trying to launch the game from bin/debug/th.exe it gives me a net framework error, like with buttons info and continue, when i press info it says something about dx audio but i have direct x components installed i download the dxwebsetup.exe and installed it earlier, well i tried everything i can. No success. I was playing the demo when i was 7 and a half years old but i was too stupid to understand this game. Maybe now i will play it normally, lol

2018-11-13 07:28:14

Hi I have it on a virtual machine with XP.  Try that it seems to work fine.

2018-11-13 17:49:11

The game seems to have some serious bugs. I couldn't find the master key anywhere. I'm pretty sure it should be located in the east-west corridor located at the first door that is found in the north-south corridor you reach by heading east from the starting location. However, I can't find it anywhere. I have also noticed that this area contains a lot of guards that don't seem to actually be there. The game reports that a guard is present and I hear the beeping target noise, but I can't actually kill the guard. I have also noticed the crashing issues with poisoned needles.

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.

2018-11-13 18:23:10 (edited by defender 2018-11-13 18:24:29)

I haven't noticed any crashes with poison needles, but I have noticed crashes when a missile collides with a guard.

As for the key, it's their, I promise.
Start Spoilers!
Take the path Brudice does, and then look at the guards to find the one with the key.
End Spoilers!

To temporarily fix the phantom guards bug, just restart the game entirely each time you die before starting a new game.
Gotta say, the number of guards on easy mode is kind of insane. Was it always this crazy? I can hardly survive with the HP I have, and I'm being pretty careful... Are their supposed to be packs in the supply room when you first find it or only after the first restock.
I never got to use the MCB before, it's pretty damned fun.

2018-11-13 21:22:56

Oh wow, thank you very much for making this open source!
I think this was the first game I've owned. Of course I lost my license info many, many years ago; so playing this again will be great! Although my level of success probably won't be.

Prier practice and preparation prevents piss poor performance!

2018-11-14 01:10:35

Hi, Phoenix here. How am I supposed to gain more health? I cannot find any health packs anywhere.

Phoenix

2018-11-14 01:21:07

You have to find the supply room.  You find health packs there and you pick them up automatically. I would tell you how, but it is really hard to explain. Also, I found the control panel and can’t put in the Cheat Codes. I pressed p and it did the deny sound.  I killed 200 guard just like it said I should, but it just won’t let me. I am also having trouble finding the weapons room.

2018-11-14 01:22:09

hi.
I want to thank you for taking the time to make this open source and available for everyone. TH was one of the first games I bought, and I had hours of fun with it back in the day.
@defender: I could be wrong about this, but I believe health packs are only supposed to be there when you are notified that the supply room has been restocked. I don't believe that they are there when you start the game.

proud to be a patreon of liam erven. Become a patreon today at patreon.com/liamerven

2018-11-14 02:42:40

Hi Everyone,
I'm glad you guys are enjoying the game so much! I'm here to say that I've pushed a new version that includes an auto updater. I'm trying to make the code more stable as time goes on.

If you grab the latest version, the next time there's an update available you'll be able to download it from Treasure Hunt itself, just like you can do with TDV.

I'm hoping this version gives more details about the crashes some of you are getting.

2018-11-14 03:01:18

can you please give a direct link to the latest zip file of Th thanks:)

joseph weakland, the crazy party fan:P

2018-11-14 03:09:44

How can I download zip file, no link available and I dont have github account also

2018-11-14 03:12:10

Direct download.
https://github.com/munawarb/Treasure-Hu … master.zip

2018-11-14 03:16:08 (edited by Munawar 2018-11-14 03:47:39)

There's a button right on the GitHub page that says "Clone or Download"... I wonder what it does? I've added a link to the readme file that points directly to the zip for those of you who are having trouble figuring out how to download it.

2018-11-15 01:59:45

Finally! My dream has come true!
Munawar, you're so eccelent for dooing this work! You finally made TH open sourced!
Now, I'm going to kill one of my created gards of my possession!

73 Wj3u

2018-11-15 13:34:58

btw beside unlimit my health now!, what are other cheats, I forgot to get unlimited ammo and all weapon

2018-11-15 15:53:38 (edited by defender 2018-11-15 18:02:25)

Munawar, I sent you a PM about an easily abused bug.

2018-11-15 18:45:52

I'm running version 4.42 and here are some bugs I've found that are still present. You shouldn't be able to buy ammo for the sword. This isn't realistic and makes cheating the game extremely easy.
I hear the sound for a closed door when I walk a few steps away from it. Strangely, the sound stops if I take a few more steps and then comes back after a few more. I assume this is a bug as when I lok around all I find are walls.
The guard bug after you die and start a new game is still present. You are told that a guard is there, but attacking said guard does nothing. The workaround is to close the program before starting a new game.

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.

2018-11-15 20:48:47 (edited by Munawar 2018-11-15 20:49:55)

Guys, can we take bug reporting to GitHub please? I don't think New Releases room is meant for this sort of thing and I'm already seeing duplicates. This is an open source project for a reason. I also don't have the kind of patience to look through every single post in this thread.