I need to preface this thread with a few points you folks ought to keep in mind before continuing:
1. I'm posting this here, and it should stand for now and for a good long time yet as the place you can go, as a community, to talk about people you'd like to see added to the staff team.
2. I am doing this on my own initiative as of the posting of this thread. I figure there is no harm in talking about this now.
3. That being said, please understand that there is absolutely no timetable for anything related to adding new members to the team. Just because I'm posting it now doesn't mean we're going to have several new members within the week, or the month for that matter.
4. Anything that happens is going to be deliberated by the current staff team. It will not be any one person's decision.
In other words, please be understanding and please be patient.
I've decided to begin this discussion because there is frankly one active administrator and two active mods at the present time (including myself), and while there doesn't need to be an army of us, these numbers are quite low. What with all the upheaval lately, I believe it may be time to at the very least open up this discussion.
So who would you like to see on the mod team?
Here are the guidelines for a good staff member:
1. Competent communication skills (the stronger the better)
2. Ability to work well within a team
3. respect for the rules and an understanding of how and why they operate as they do
5. self-awareness, and awareness of personal biases
6. Awareness of personal weaknesses and a willingness to work on them
7. an open mind and a flexible perspective
8. The ability to devote a reasonable amount of time each week to the governing of the forum
9. a clean or relatively clean history (this means that if you've had a lot of bans or are getting warned every few weeks or so, you probably aren't a good fit, unless you tick all the other boxes and can provide some good reasons as to why your behaviour should be ignored or tolerated)
10. An honest desire to help the community grow and rebuild; this is a tumultuous time, and it's not going to be easy
Feel free to talk yourself up here. Prior to now, staff positions have been provided, in almost all cases, on an invite-only basis. This may still carry forward, but we want to know which of you are interested, and which of you the community might like to see.
A few guidelines:
1. Please don't nominate obviously unsuitable people
2. You don't have to be an absolute pro at all ten points above, but try to bring as many strengths to the table as possible
3. Just because a pile of people talk a person up, that doesn't mean that person has a guarantee at being on the staff team; I can't stress this enough
4. Please try to stay on topic; like the rules thread, I'd prefer we talk about this topic in particular, and not wander too far afield
5. Yet again, I have to stress that my posting of this thread is not an endorsement of this project's immediacy; it might be left to simmer for quite a long while until such time that we are prepared to seriously pursue this matter; as such, your patience is appreciated
Now have on! Hopefully this topic hangs around awhile and generates some strong interest.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1