After putting the last 8 hours into the BlazBlue config it's definitely taking shape with at present 37 different watches (i.e. memory addresses we'll keep track of) and 241 triggers (i.e. criterias that once met will provide some kind of sonification event).
Here's a link to the work in progress if you want to give it a shot: BlazBlue Continuum Shift Extend WIP Config. Make sure you have the latest Steam version of the game, which right-clicking on the BBCSE.exe and looking in the Details tab gives me a file version & product version of 18.104.22.168.
To run the config, just place the zip file in the bin/x86/Configs folder of your SoniFight v1.1.2 directory and extract it in place - it'll create a suitable folder with the config.xml file in it. Note: If you use 7z don't right-click and extract to the name of the zip file or it'll have a folder then another folder with the same name and then the config.xml, which is one level too far down! Then, as ever, kick off SoniFight, select the config and click the Run Selected Config button, then launch steam and the game. All sonification is via screenreader output, no samples.
If you want to know what's covered and what's not so far, details follow (it's a bit lengthy so unless you're going to try it out probably skip).
For in-game we have:
- Clock alerts on 50 and 10 seconds,
- P1 and P2 health alerts on roughly half health (5000 - player health values vary by character between 13K and 11K from what I've seen),
- P1 and P2 Barrier gauge alerts on full, half (both rising and falling, because the barrier guage gets used up when you block while holding A+B then it auto re-generates over time) and when the guage is empty, and
- P1 and P2 super gauge alerts on half and full (which is all the special moves ever require).
For the menus we have:
- All main menu options,
- All P1 and P2 characters as they're highlighted (which is via a virtual mouse pointer, so you may have to just move it around - as it passes over a char icon it'll say the name),
- Pause menu options for arcade, versus and score-attack mode,
- All options menu items,
- All options / gameplay submenu options inc. difficulty, rounds per match etc,
- All options / sound submenu options including live numerical values for background music, voice and sound effects (this is useful because the game is quite loud and can drown out the screen-reader feedback),
- All options / graphics submenu options (also useful so you can flip it into windowed mode without anti-aliasing and any graphical jazz if it's not needed),
- P1 keyboard 1 and controller 1 button mapping options.
What's missing but will get covered soon:
- P2 keyboard 2 and controller 2 button mapping option.
- Network settings submenu coverage (preferred side, region pref etc).
What I would like to add and will give it a shot soon:
- Story mode caption reading,
- Hopefully network mode menu coverage so you can start up player matches, ranked matches etc.
Some things that probably won't be added:
- Score Attack (don't care - it would be rubbish anyway, the scores are multiple millions or billions),
- Unlimitedmars (something about fighting hard AI, just crank the arcade difficulty),
- Training (I wouldn't know where to start),
- Challenge (This might be possible, perhaps - I'd have to look into it),
- Abyss ("Defeat waves of enemies"... well, again perhaps, if it just lets you play until you lose),
- Gallery (yeah, nah),
- Replay Theatre (nah).