2018-10-22 23:31:15 (edited by CritterPup 2018-10-22 23:32:31)

Hi everyone. I was thinking today, and I’m curious: Are any fellow collectors here? It can be anything and everything.
I collect action figures and statues as well as bladed weapons, though I’ve slowed down on that front. My collection mainly consists of Marvel and Star Wars, Though I have a couple DC statues and some Game Of Thrones trinkets. My crowning jewels are my Cable resin statue, Venom resin statue, and my very, very rare Carnage action figure.
Tell me what you’ve got! And side note, if any other action figure collectors are here, I love trading so let me know.

Heroes need foes to test them. Not all teachers can afford to be kind, and some lessons must be harsh.

2018-10-23 09:32:32

Hi. Great topic. I collect music boxes. All are mechanical. I think that I have now 30 different items like a musical draft, some musical statues, classical boxes, etc. I don't use the draft for drinking beer cause it have the mechanism at the bottom. This collecting adventure started as a joke and now, it becomes a lifestile. I visited the Greece and when I entered on a shop I saw a music box. I decided to buy  it and now, I have around 30. The most hard to obtain, was the musical draft.

2018-10-23 14:41:53

Apart from sneakers which I have kicked my addiction for collecting.

My on and off love of collecting is for my favourite childhood consul growing up the Nintendo 64 .
Have fun memories with friends and family playing this consul back in the day.
Can’t enjoy the games anymore but have grown fond of collecting as many games and consoles from the Nintendo 64 I come across from all around the world.

2018-10-23 15:38:17

I collect gadgets just because alot of people gave me alot of them, so, I started making a collection,  I have all sorts of phones, except simbian ones, headphones of all kinds, watches, not smart watches, only one of them is.
And I should look, I starded some years ago a ball collection, but not sure if my parrents trow it away.

I am myself and noone is ever gonna change me, I am the trolling master!

2018-10-23 18:46:48

Hi,
I have several collections, this is gonna be a long post folks. Split into headings.

toys and electronic games

bop it
bop it extreme
bop it extreme 2
bop it download
bop it blast
bop it 2009
bop it bounce
bop it smash
bop it xt
bop it 2016
bop it r2d2
bop it bb8
bop it groot (us import)
bop it minion (us import)
bop it maker
simon pocket (an old 80's version my brother gave to me)
simon trickster
simon trickster handheld as I like to call it, as it's smaller and has different games (bought from my time in the US)
simon swipe
pocket repeat (bought from Canada)
brain warp (bought when out in the us, first time in Florida 2002 or so)
tug-in-time tigger (purchased from walmart to give me something to play with so I wouldn't get board, 2002 again)
Buzz liteyear from whenever Toy Story 3 came out
Star Wars 4-figure set that talks.
Star Wars The Black Series Po Dameron Electronic Helmet

christmas decorations

I can't list all of them because they don't have names, but at Christmas in my lounge I have well over 30 singing and talking plushies, probably into the 40's now, but one thing I can report on is what happened last year. I started to collect Hallmark sets, these are sets of 5 musical figures that move and connect to each other.
Hallmark Christmas Express 2016 (battery, but connects via a small slot on each figure that makes all five move in sync)
Hallmark Disney Wireless Band 2013 (no connections required)
Hallmark Peanuts Dance Party 2017 (same as christmas express train)
Hallmark Peanuts Lightshow 2015 (wireless)

theme park music

Over the past few years I've collected some theme park cds from a company called Imascore who create theme park music for Europe, and the cds are sold at their online shop.
Magic Forest (from the area in Toverland)
Magische Vallei (toverland)
Liseberg (Germany)
Der Sound Das Carnen (Hansa Park, and I think I spelt this wrong)
Thorpe Park Resort (uk)
Heide Park Resort (Germany)
Star Trek: Operation Enterprize (Movie Park Germany)

video game related stuff

Elder Scrolls Skyrim 4-disc soundtrack
Super Mario Odyssey original soundtrack
Killer Instinct figures (received as gifts)
Tekken 7 Collector's Edition
SoulCalibur v collector's edition
and SoulCalibur vi uk/Europe collector's edition
That's pretty much all I can think of, although I've got many other toys as well including the alarm clocks released in promotion of Star Wars episode 1, the episode 1 talking bank set that connect and fight with each other as well. I also have around 4 different wall-e's while I was trying to find u-command wall-e and ended up getting different ones, but I kept them all and finally got my hands on u-command wall-e a few years back.

2018-10-23 19:27:25

Aaron, The Black Series is a huge part of my collection. I have too many of those to name.

Heroes need foes to test them. Not all teachers can afford to be kind, and some lessons must be harsh.

2018-10-23 19:51:54

Which ones can you recommend, I'm mostly looking for things that make sounds, but I would be willing to maybe get a couple of regular ones as well.

2018-10-23 21:07:47

I used to have all the furbies and a Shelbi or what ever it is spelled, except the boom, but alot of them died, sadly, because, you know stupid kids exist.
I have a bopit, it is like a clasic model, but it has a shake sensor which can be deactivated.
And in some days I will buy the clasic version because, you know, I found it somewhere for just 1 dollar smile

I am myself and noone is ever gonna change me, I am the trolling master!

2018-10-23 21:41:09

Well, these are all six inch action figures. Try the Dewback/Sandtrooper set, the Jakku Rey/Landspeeder set, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Constable Zuvio, Jango Fett, Captain Rex, Comander Wolff, and one of my favourites, the Range Trooper. Also, try the Black Series Darth Vader helmet.

2018-10-23 23:15:42 (edited by turtlepower17 2018-10-23 23:18:48)

It probably shouldn't come as a surprise based on my username, but I have a collection of turtles. I've got quite a few stuffed animal ones, including one that came from Build a Bear, except in this case it was Build a Turtle. I have one that giggles when you squeeze its foot, and another one which used to make bubbling water sounds when you squeezed it, but the battery died in it awhile ago, and it sadly can't be replaced. I have one of those ones that are made out of squishy material, a bit like a stress ball, and it has these huge bug eyes that stick way out if you squeeze it. I've also got a ton of small glass ones, some of which have shells that feel really neat. I have a small glass one which has a cool wavy pattern throughout its shell, and some other ones whose shells have a rough texture. At one point, my dad managed to find some Pez dispensers that had each of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles' heads at the top, original series no less. Luckily they weren't still full of 20-year-old Pez, but they're some of my prized possessions. Finally, I have several music boxes which are shaped like turtles. I think they were meant to hold jewelry, and they're all pretty awesome.

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.

2018-10-24 18:35:29

Interesting topic.
I don't have anything that I tend to collect on an absolutely must have them basis, but I do have a fondness  statues of fantasy or mythological creatures, particularly dragons.
Back in the 90's there was a monthly magazine collection called beasts and beings. These involved fantasy characters one coming each week, they are made of resin and range in size from a couple of inches (for the lepricorn and elf), to about six inches high for creatures like the ogre and the cyclops. these run the gammet from a ghoul, vampire and zombie, to a dryad wizard and even cerberus.

In addition to the beasts and beings collection I have a number of other fantasy statues, for example, my lady bought me an absolutely beautiful and very delicate plaster work phoenix (which had to be ordered from Russia), which is currently sitting ontop of my bookshelf along with a paper work chinese dragon, she also bought me a very  detailed and beautiful ceramic mermaid statue.

I have a number of dragons, from a small blue one made of resin sitting ontop of a christal ball, to a lnong fluffy winged serpent who lies along the back of my sofa, to two very ornate dragons who sit either side of my fountain.

Though I do not collect them, I also have a number of carved chess sets, including a chess set of the Lotr film characters which again was bought in installments, to a very lovely brass chess set of king Darius of persia and Alexander the great which I bought in griece, indeed when I go travelling I like to bring back something or other special, to add to my collection, so I have a small alabaster pyramid and a replica of Tutankhamen's death mask in marble that I bought in Egypt, as well as  a replica of the Statue of liberty that of course came from New-York. 

Most statues are abstract rather than being specific characters from fantasy series, but I do have one or two pieces, such as an official Harry potter wand (probably quite valuable now).

What is even more complicated, is that my lady collects angel statues, indeed we've recently been sent a few of her things from Germany including that collection.
So, well yes, we do have quite the number of strange things around our house, but hay that's what makes the place interesting big_smile.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2018-10-24 21:04:10

Wow! Amazing Dark. Dragons statues? Hmm! I never find one.

2018-10-24 22:23:43 (edited by targor 2018-10-24 23:11:58)

I have an old gramophone from the very early 20th century and I collect gramophone records for it. Mostly old Jazz/Blues records from Glen Miller, Bing Crosby, the andrew sisters and so on. And I have a small collection of mechanical clocks with different striking mechanisms. A old one with normal chimes, a cucko clock from the german Schwarzwald and a old clock that chimes the westminster melody. Quite strange collections for a student in computer science, but I love those things.

We are pleased, that you made it through the final challenge, where we pretended we were going to murder you. We are throwing a party in honor of your tremendous success. Place the device on the ground, then lay on your stomach with your arms at your sides. A party associate will arrive shortly to collect you for your party. Assume the party submission position or you will miss the party.

2018-10-24 23:01:04

@targor, collecting clocks, that is cool!
I've always fancied getting a clock with westminster chimes, especially if we could get one to chime in a miner key big_smile.

@Bogdan, oddly enough, if you go to the right places there are a lot of dragon sculptures and statues kicking around, though obviously telling the good ones from the bad can be interesting.

I think my personal favourites are  hand made paper chinese dragon who lives up ontop of the book shelf with my phoenix, and the two very ornate statues which my lady bought me as  Christmas present in 16 since those are so detailed with many spines, horns and detailed scales, one of these is even hatching out of an egg shell.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2018-10-24 23:41:30

Collecting clocks is kool. I also have a wintage pendulum clock with chimes. Targor, it is nice to hear that someone combine modern life with wintage things. I also graduated the law and I like computers, but collecting music boxes is something special.

2018-10-25 03:57:32

Although I rarely play them, I tend to collect accordions. Old ones are my particular weakness smile
I have a wonderphone from germany, 1924 or so, that is particularly lovely to play. It's a diatonic, which means you get different notes from it's inhale/exhale action. The inner workings are solid brass and there are bells above the keys where the sound is produced.
There's also another one from the 1960s that came directly from Italy. This one has a few dead notes and so does the other one, though it's I believe a 32 key and 30 key base with optional range selection.
There's also another one, much newer that was purchased at an open market, for I believe $18. It's a standard machine mass produced affair, 7 key and 2 base keys. It sounds about as good as a $18 accordion, rofl.
Although both this one and the wonderphone have a wonderful creek sound when they expand/contract, the newer market purchased one more audible and more plasticy sounding.
That aside, I used to collect tape players/recorders when I was younger, including several minis and micros. I grew bored of collecting those and eventually just went digital. Lol.
I also collect quadcopters though I've recently stopped those collection efforts, as you might imagine, that habit gets quite expensive! Lol!

2018-10-25 10:37:07

hello, i dont have a big collection yet - as i started it maybe two years ago, but still expanding. i collect puzzles, which can be played by us, too. i would divide it to three categories. twisty puzzles, sliding ones, and disentanglement ones. for the twisty ones i got the rubiks cube, mirror cube, rubiks snake (okay not a puzzle rather but a toy but anyway), and a very rare rubiks domino from the eighties. its like the cube, but without one layer. i got an sudoku rubiks cube marked with some Braille markings, but to this day never managed to make out what they mean. as for the sliding ones, i have only two puzzles. the 15-puzzle type thing. both are made from wood, the one has similarly arranged dots like domino, and the other has Braille-like number markings from some type of very small nails. they different in size, too. the one consists of nine, and the other from 15 squares. as for the disentanglement puzzles, i started it recently, but i like it alot. i collect especially hanayama japanese puzzles. the task is Quite simple. dissasemble, and put back to the original state. my goal is to have them all. there are six difficulty levels. being 1 the easiest, and 6 the hardest.
@dark, did you consider having an hanayama chess set? six chess figures, which can be used as chess figures, and a puzzle. if you manage to open it, there is a hidden coin inside, or you can hide a small object yourself, if you like.

https://www.puzzlemaster.ca/browse/wire … puzzle-set

f.a.t.h.e.r

2018-10-26 11:29:56 (edited by defender 2018-10-26 21:54:06)

Wow, that long fluffy dragon sounds fun.
And I love mechanical stuff, particularly brass and steel. It's just so expensive though... and I wish I could see it working.

My collection isn't as interesting as many of yours I think, but I like to collect free sounds and music, even if I'm not using them my self much any more, just to make sure they never disappear off the face of the internet, that way they can keep getting used in projects.
You can find some really high quality and unique stuff.
I only collect those sounds with good licensing and I try always to get the license in digital written form as well.
Particularly hard to find are good first person gun firing and SiFi weapon sounds, magic, and cinematic melee weapons, but it's really rewarding when you get your hands on them.
Sadly most of the more professional artists have a custom licensing scheme different from creative commons, often including a non distribution clause though... So that's why I point people to the websites rather than finding some way to host them.
That said, I think I'd probably get a pass on that if they went offline, and I've seen others get permission for rehosting.

2018-10-26 12:41:17

Hello folks! I tend to collect medieval stuff. I have a saber, a katana a crossbow and a sort of candle lantern. It is basically a metal box with something to hold a candle in the center. I also collect animal statues and semi precious crystals. Ah, and my biggest collection. Versions of the song called The Lion Sleeps tonight. I love animation based stuff, but I don't collect it as mush as I'd like to.
Best regards, Haramir.

The true blind is the one who refuses to see.

2018-10-26 17:02:01

I am trying to collect older devices that can be used by us, olld apple devices, note takers, old pcs... etc.

Power is not the responsibility of freedom, but it is actually the responsibility of being responsible, it's self, because someone who is irresponsible is enslaved by their own weaknesses.

2018-10-26 18:01:39

I have:
Hasbro gaming.
Bop it shout.
Bop it beats.
Bop it refresh.
Simon micro series.
Others.
Big a lot of Pokemon figures, for example Snivy, Torchic, Fennekin, Piplup.

ice, fire, water, thunder.

2018-10-26 18:03:55

I woult like other bop it's, but in my country this ones are hard to bought.

2018-10-26 18:14:10

I don’t want to jinx it but a new statue coming to my collection is Wolverine in Snow. I don’t know what his pose is, but Wolverine is one of the better X-Men.

2018-10-27 18:33:04

I collect rare coins that are given to me and currency from around the world/ I even have some old French Francs and coins that arn't made anymore from other places. A long time ago, I used to have a rubber ball collection.

2018-12-16 17:06:22

I get a new 8 pokemon figures, for example Palkia, Dialga, Latias, Latios.