2018-10-18 23:55:50 (edited by Orko 2018-10-18 23:56:38)

For reasons I won't go into I have decided not to participate in this community any more, but after seeing the following remark by a moderator here I felt that somebody needed to be aware.

BSG Blog wrote:

Aprone says:   
October 18, 2018 at 3:43 PM   

Ok - A body builder might never again be able to intimidate other gym goers, after they walk in on him naked in the locker room. I’ve literally seen the things you cry about in reports, so you go right on ahead and condemn me. I’ll just sit here and smile. *hint hint, your reasons are really tiny, hehe*

https://blog.blackscreengaming.com/ag-f … 0/15/2018/

As a victim of sexual abuse during my childhood, I found this remark very disturbing, not to mention somewhat alarming when you consider that he is a moderator on a forum that very likely has members who are children. Would you want your children visiting a forum or any other internet site with someone who thinks like this in a position of authority? I wouldn't. It doesn't matter one little bit what he thinks of me, but to use sexual references like this in an effort to intimidate is very disturbing to say the least.

2018-10-19 00:25:06 (edited by hadi.gsf 2018-10-19 00:33:45)

IF i had any kids I would totally let them stay at aprone's.
Oh and they would probably outclass him in sexual references anyway. tongue

twitter: @hadirezae3
discord: Hadi

2018-10-19 00:56:01 (edited by UltraLeetJ 2018-10-19 01:10:45)

this is, a perfect example of what happens when you take the moderation away from anywhere. Especially the *hint hint, your reasons are really tiny, hehe* part... what is that even supposed to mean, it sounds burlesque, reads taunting, and poses even inferior. No other way to put it. I mean I could care less what these reasons are, but doing that and especially outside of a forum just goes to show how out of control things are. I would probably just say chill out, orko, forget about this site and just be at rest with yourself, because there is no need for more toxicity, its really unfortunate that a site like this has turned in this way, but just about anything can happen on the internet without severe consequences for it, and this is exactly why I decide to just come here and participate from time to time, ignore the words of people (pretty much all of the users in here) who do not even have the slightest idea of what I do outside of this forum to happily earn a living or pass time  (in other words in real life) and just go on, no one will be able to take that away from me, not even with a single forum post or comment--I know who my folks are out there, I have never linked my profile with social accounts here (and after reading and seeing all of this I would never even think for a split second of doing it) so I am good, even if something similar would have happened to me here, I could care less, so I invite you to take and adopt that position for the time being, and really hope something gets done about the entire global scale of what has been going on. In other regular, successful communities moderators would be thought of as the people you looked up to, usually would be picked because of their exemplary qualities as people, but certainly this site is the boldest and clearest exception to that.

A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

2018-10-19 01:46:07

What's with the spam topics of this topic? And why do they not work? is there a reason that that ⠓⠁⠏⠏⠢⠫⠦

A winner is you!
—Urban Champion

2018-10-19 02:07:54

It's honestly sad to me that some of us have degenerated to the point where we can no longer take a simple joke. Come on man, Aprone was NOT! moderating when he sent that. Does this mean that because he moderates a forum, he needs to constantly show a moderation image even if he's mot moderating? If I work for an advertising business, does that mean I'm required to continue to advertise when I'm not officially working? If I work as a telephone operator and must be professional, does that mean I am obligated to show the same level of professionalism when I'm at home with friends, or even making a public non work related speech? If the answer to those questions is no in your opinion, then why does Aprone have to continue being professional when he is not officially moderating the forum? If they are yes... I mean this in the kindest way but IMHO you have a few views on the world that would be considered by most to be slightly broken.

I am a web designer, and a game developer. If you wish see me at http://www.samtupy.com

2018-10-19 02:22:57

Let me raise a few points:
1. That remark was not made on this forum, right? It appears not, given the link in post 1.
2. The sexual nature of the comment, and your links to abuse as a child? The comment, though it had a sexual reference, was in context not sexual. Anyone reading it would've known that.
3. Yeah, I'd go ahead and recommend anyone, children included, to visit this site - with discretion from elders, of course. Not because of this random comment from an outside source though, or the person behind it. Aprone's reputation has been, although somewhat more hands-off in cases than may be necessary, good. He's reasonable, and relatively just with his decisions.
4. Since you basically put this out in the air for everyone to judge, I'm gonna judge it. Don't like it? Your problem.
There... was... no... sign... of... intimidation... in... that... comment. Condescention is different from intimidation.
Conclusion: someone... should probably learn to grow up, not bring personal conflicts to add to the toxicity of the environment that they themselves often inflate and complain about, and not magnify/bring into the spotlight their traumatic experiences with little more motivation than to win favor in an otherwise meaningless and futile argument. That's just grasping at straws.

If you have issues with Scramble, please contact support at the link below. I check here at least once a day, so this is the best avenue for submitting your issues and bug reports.
https://stevend.net/scramble/support

2018-10-19 02:43:23

The remark happened on the BSG Blog yes. There is not a list of comment rules. Everything I am involved with follows the common sense rule. Don't be racist or something similar, and Offense is taken not given. This is simply so someone can call me or other contributors all the dirty names they want and tell us how terrible our posts are, all feedback is welcome. I am against limiting language just for that reason. I'm just posting this in case someone was wondering.

2018-10-19 02:54:35 (edited by The Dwarfer 2018-10-19 02:55:56)

Right Smoke. Your site, your rules honestly, and it has nothing to do with this forum. Not to mention, what the people who wine about how toxic those types of places don't realize that like 80% or more of what's on them is actually informative, positive, or at the very least neutral - and the negativity is generally a small picture carried out by usually a select few. See even on this forum, I can and do scroll / read through many topics I find with no drama in them what soever, and hell this even applies to the BSG blog. Some people just choose to carry this unrealistic view of... "Omg the blind community is just sooooooo toxic and drama ridden! I'm gonna leave!" *sniffles and storms out... but again this is extremely unrealistic.
Literally, the trend I see usually is this: be nice or civil to people, they'll do the same back in most cases or get backlash. This conception that having a visual deficiency somehow makes people more geared towards toxicity is rather unfounded, and troubling to me because it adds to the already scarily large list of misconceptions held by the sighted about the blind.
Honestly I don't think many would mind if people with this view simply left the community. After all, a community seems to be driven by relative open mindedness and civility, which really can only occur so long as the participants hold a view that they're at least somewhat equal to their fellows. The people who like to sling the word toxic around at others like some demented one-way mud fight really just demonstrate a conceded, close-minded viewpoint. Honestly. I mean I get that the majority isn't always right, but trying to play the role of self-righteous minority only works when you yourself are not being a hypocrite.

If you have issues with Scramble, please contact support at the link below. I check here at least once a day, so this is the best avenue for submitting your issues and bug reports.
https://stevend.net/scramble/support

2018-10-19 03:13:34

Wait. So you're going to complain about what someone did outside of the forum? Okay then. Hey. I make fart sounds and make poopy jokes. Oh no. I should stop selling games.

Much less active on this forum than in the past.

Check out my live streams: http://lerven.me
follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/liamerven

2018-10-19 03:26:18

Okay, bye

2018-10-19 03:57:57

I can't help but chuckle at this. Like I said over there, Mr. Orko...

BSG Blog wrote:

Ethin says:
October 18, 2018 at 7:28 PM
I find it funny that you preach moderation like your a god. Your 60 years old, dude, and you act like a rich, arrogant 13-year-old who’s got parents who think he can do no wrong and therefore don’t show him that actions and reactions can be punished. Come on, man, my mother is a hell of a lot more mature than you are! If you want people to not snub your reports and consider them utter BS, why don’t you go look in the mirror and reflect on your behavior towards people, and then perhaps — perhaps — you’ll realize just how jackass-ish you act. I think that most people would say your even worse than I am — which is pretty hard to do! Congratulations for earning the number one worst person on AG.NET!

Again, like I said, your comments on that blog post show people your true colors, and exactly how much of a hypocritical bastard you are. And yes, I meant that to be how it sounded -- I'm getting fed up with your "oh, I'm blind, I'm entitled to everyone and can wine and complain about every possible thing and people will pamper to my every whim" attitude.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2018-10-19 04:07:47

Shame he decides to pack his bags 1 thumbs up short of 200, but hey, laters

2018-10-19 04:53:58

Mommy. Little Johnny called me names on www.InsecureAboutMyGenetalia.com. I know this is www.Where'sTheCheese.com, but can we please stop him from getting the best cut of cheese because he hurt my feelings on that other site?

Kai

Spill chuck you spots!

2018-10-19 05:27:01

@13, roflroflrofl!

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2018-10-19 05:40:53

I really don't understand what's going on in this topic. references I don't understand I guess. but there's a hole other one going on with people doing the exact thing. I didn't get what I want, somebody said something bad, linch them. I think everybody here needs to grow up and quit it. this is a remarkable forum and rite now it is being totally ruined by this kind of behaviour.

and I guess I'm about to come in to a bunch of abuse for telling you all what you already know but don't want to hear. have at it and see if I care. stuff I've seen last few days on here is beyond contempt.

Who's that trip trapping over My bridge? Come find out.

2018-10-19 05:55:48 (edited by musicalman 2018-10-19 06:03:46)

Basically over on the BSG blog, Orco and other members got into it. If you really care, you can read the comments on the bad audiogames.net moderation exposed post which has been receiving so much attention here lately. So Aprone and many others basically told Orco off. Aprone posted little more than an immature insult and Orco took it seriously. Now he came here to spread drama between him and Aprone to this forum. Taking off-forum baggage and shoving it over here is simply not tolerated. I'm not gonna be too hard on Orco since he has had his fair share of it from others and I am not the kind of person who is out to judge and derail people. That said I am not taking up for him either; this whole situation was beyond ridiculous before this point, and the way Orco is trying to condemn Aprone here for something he did off the forum does absolutely nobody a favor, especially not now.

Make more of less, that way you won't make less of more!
If you like what you're reading, please give a thumbs-up.

2018-10-19 06:00:39

oh I'm not having a go at orko here, it's people's responses to it. it's like a shark tank round here lately. there's blood in the water and there's a feeding frenzy. go after who ever you can. I hate it.

2018-10-19 06:02:05

c'mon! the first word a 10 year old kid learns when going into english class, is fuck! you think they know less than aprone? big_smile

2018-10-19 06:08:45 (edited by musicalman 2018-10-19 06:11:34)

Totally agreed SirBadger. like I tried to say in post 16 I am not in this for the feeding frenzy. I try my best to attack ideas and overall concepts, not people. I try to sympathize, not judge. I try to pull back with a level head, not get myself overwhelmed in drama that I can't cope with. I just want an end to this. I said all I felt I needed to say in the BSG blog topic. Now that I've vented my frustrations and ideas out there, I am laying back and watching. I'm saddened and amused at how wild the situation is getting. Truthfully, though, I think the situation is far too complex to solve peacefully. I've felt that way for a long time, but especially right now, what on earth are we going to do to clean this mess? No matter what, there will be scars and unpleasant emotions and the like. I really feel it didn't have to come to this. But it has. Oh well. Not much to be done I suppose. It's not like I had anything to do with any of it, I'm only watching it unfold and providing my own commentary from the peanut gallery or some such.

Make more of less, that way you won't make less of more!
If you like what you're reading, please give a thumbs-up.

2018-10-19 06:14:46

@19 well said, good sentiments. I hold my hand out to you sir.

2018-10-19 06:52:28 (edited by defender 2018-10-20 04:40:19)

Responses to Orko, Sam, and Sir Badger.

@Orko
I didn't find this disturbing in the slightest, and I don't think most of us did. Maybe you should reconsider your response to the situation.
But I wouldn't throw stones in a glass house, if you know you can't take it, than you just shouldn't have commented in the first place. People like you get eaten alive in places like BSG, and what Aprone said was child's play compared to what you could have gotten. I'm truly sorry for the sexual abuse you endured, and I find comments like Xoren's to be pretty distasteful (remember people, comedy is tragedy plus time and childhood sexual abuse is still a huge issue even in the developed world) but if you really think about it logically, Aprone had no idea that you went through that, and comments like the lockerroom one are pretty low on the scale of offensive things for most people who haven't had a specific incident, and could just as easily be encountered offline in a totally benign setting.

@sir badger
Yeah I don't like it either, but unless you've also got solutions, than telling people off for telling people off is just adding to what you don't want to see, even if you aren't being a spaz about it like Ethin is for instance.
Basically your acting like the proverbial older lady going (tut tut, such language!) and it solves nothing.
I do sympathize though, some people do certainly seem to be in this just for the chaos, landing low blows left and right and bringing up old baggage while they think they can get away with it, and not just Ethin either.
Honestly I'd just not comment and wait for things to blow over, report a post if you think it's bad enough, ETC, that's mostly what I'm doing.

@Sam
The discussion was about the ag.net forum mods, and an ag.net forum mod answered it, it doesn't matter if that happened in a PM, on another site, or over two tin cans and a string, it still applies, and Orko isn't necessarily  wrong for bringing it up here, on the ag.net forum.
Aprone was unprofessional sure, but it was outside his actual direct mod duties, and Orko isn't exactly a shining beacon of good behavior either, no matter how justified he thinks he is, plus the comment was really not that bad by most people's measure, so that's why it shouldn't have been posted.
Many public facing jobs will in fact fire you for making them look bad outside of work as well, so this doesn't apply very well.
Aprone barely ever steps in, so it's hard to say if he has a good track record, he does act pretty immature about it, but if Orko is the only one complaining, and he started it, than I wouldn't put much stake behind it, but since it does involve ag.net and moderation, it kinda crosses over that barrier IMO.
I see this as being different from say, if Aprone called me a raging assclown on Skype in some random conversation we were having about the price of aluminum in India, since that doesn't concern ag.net or his moderation at all.

2018-10-19 07:29:13 (edited by Ethin 2018-10-19 07:32:01)

@21, the only reason I struck low blows left and right at Orko was purely because I'm getting fed up with his constant wining about every possible thing that goes wrong with him. While I can somewhat understand why it pissed him off so, him bringing up this here, on this forum, and bringing the fact that he was sexually abused previously seems more of an excuse to me than it does an explanation as to why he's even discussing it here. The equivalent thing would be someone joking around about something to do with Family, Orko seeing and getting offended by it because of a past experience, and him going to a different forum to rant and rage about how it was 'so offensive', and completely missing the point that the jokers may not have known of his past experiences and therefore had no reason to filter themselves. It generally makes the complainer (Orko) look bad for the sole reason that he's acting like we all should've known it when we clearly had no reason to pry (not to mention how sensitive of a subject something like that is), and we weren't going to go poking around in public or private records to learn everything we possibly can about him. So yes, while I was rude, I have every right to be rude; Orko has done nothing on here for the past few months but wine and complain and expect everyone to accept his excuses for wining and complaining and be all goody happy about it. He's preached civility and niceties and yet he acts like a hypocrite and does the exact opposite of what he's preaching. And yes, he preaches, he doesn't suggest. He claimed on the BSG blog earlier that he deserves respect and courtesy and yet he's done nothing to show us that he deserves it, because every time we say anything bad about something he likes he rails and wines and complains about it. Everyone has a breaking point and I've reached mine with him. The guys in his 50's, possibly 60's, according to Ironcross... I would expect a hell of a lot more maturity from someone of his age than he's showed.

My Github

2018-10-19 08:01:50

holy  shit man i thought he was 15, 20. didn't expect a 60 year old guy to spam a forum! wow!

2018-10-19 08:18:39

@23, my info isn't confirmed; its hearsay. But if its true...

My Github

2018-10-19 08:51:18

But if it's true, then why are you even entertaining him? You know better, or should, and even by coming to this thread, you're doing exactly what he wants you to do. Sheesh, and I thought the moderation here was questionable of late.