2018-09-24 19:12:44 (edited by mahdi-abedi 2018-09-24 20:03:30)

hi
as some of you know, I poested the warrier and fight to the death here
well, they deleted I think
for warrier, I changed mason's game sounds: I cant remember what game was it
well, for fight to the death, I changed zombie arena
and, step buy step, I created tlw:
I should say thanks fredd, for helped for readme and my english isn't good, fredd rote readme
well, I eddited readme and changelog and maked it better
source of fight to the death deleted and it disconteeneued: but I can make 0.3 if you want
cause its like zombie arena, I dont tell game subject etc
download it from:
*sorry: link removed: i'll upload it again soon*

Thumbs up

2018-09-24 19:23:52

i can't play because my windows deffender has bin block this Really... game. It has virus.

Yours kindly

Thumbs up

2018-09-24 19:27:13

it haven't: dont wury, I tested it times
link is broken: i'm uploading it again, wate

Thumbs up

2018-09-24 20:02:20

sorry: I have upload problem's: i'll upload it tomaaro

Thumbs up

2018-09-24 20:40:12

it's windows defender being a, you know what. 
how much times people have to hear this win defender      having something against bgt games to actually believe it?

2018-09-24 20:57:30

now fucking delete the topic untill you actually have the game uploaded.
what is the current new release now? does it look like any one of us can download the game and give you any feed back on the game?
i really don't want to be negative or what so ever, but prepare before posting these kinds of things.

best regards
never give up on what ever you are doing.

2018-09-24 22:50:08

changed mason's sounds, changed zombie arena sounds?...where's originality in this game?

Why do ghost hunters have to hunt ghosts? Well, there's a fear of being ghosted out there. They may need therapy as well as their ghost hunting kit.

Thumbs up +1

2018-09-24 23:52:43

What is it today, Zombie arena day? Can you guys look at the new releases room a bit before posting and check which topics are the most popular? Yes, the fame is not when you release something random to waste time, but when you release something innovative, polished and finished, coded by you and with a lot of playtime. This, even if you one day rewrite it yourself, does not provide that. I understand though that you posted this just to say hey I released a game, but for me no you did not and probably wont anytime soon.

Thumbs up

2018-09-25 00:15:12

hey, you can't copy undead strike! its already out, that's the zombie arena. now I understand why everyone was calling tlw a clone.

2018-09-25 00:57:27

The difference between this and something like Desafio though, is Zombie Arena was actually open sourced itself, so the code was once publicly available. So, honestly, I don't think there is too much we can do this time. Technically, nothing has been done wrong.

Thumbs up

2018-09-25 01:14:51 (edited by defender 2018-09-25 13:30:27)

Bwahaha, fight of the shitty ZA interpretations, who shall come out on top and be very slightly less shitty than all the others!
I'm voting for lost city at this point... and maybe it will even get good some day, but I still wouldn't play any of them. Maybe if you pay me to play your game I will though... I have a pay pal...
How about you posers just put this useless crap in the dev room where it belongs if you've made some actual changes, or at least call this what it is, a sound mod, in the title of the topic, and stop click bating.
Every time something like this gets posted, the reputation of the person posting it goes way down in the eyes of nearly everyone over the age of 18, so I hope you guys are happy with that...

And Rorry, your complaint that this is a clone of your version is just laughable.
He got it the same way you did, it's open source, and he's doing something slightly different. Even if he did directly copy you it wouldn't matter, as you have no claim what so ever on it do to open source law. big_smile

I just wish people would learn to ignore this, but even if  most people who are mature enough to not bother with this kinda stuff do, their are plenty of you who will still check out every new release and keep making these useless topics rise to the top, weather or not it's actually worth the time it took to make it. You guys should just have your own forum where you can talk about this crap, so you can keep it off this one, because it makes us all look unprofessional and toxic to people that might actually make something good for us, since heaven knows you jokers aren't going to do it... At least not like this.

Thumbs up +2

2018-09-25 01:26:59

ok, look. I'm learning bgt. what I really don't like is to copy code. that makes me very frustrated. but I had to, or else no game for you. but if you look at my topic over on offtopic, then you'll understand that what you just said about lost city is completely making me feel rather depressed now. so, I'll work on somethin.

2018-09-25 01:27:51

I don't know how long it will take though.

2018-09-25 01:28:28

oh btw simter, I think what it includes should be what you've made. example: 4 zombie types! (you've actually only made 1 of those types.)

2018-09-25 01:34:20 (edited by defender 2018-09-25 01:59:08)

Just put it in the dev room where it belongs Rorry, or better yet, don't release it until you know more about what your doing.
If the game is actually decent by then, I won't be nearly as harsh, and people who aren't desperate teenagers might play it too.
It's partly the mods fault for letting pretty much anything go into the new releases room, and since their are some coders among the forum staff now, it's not as if they don't know how to categorize the progress of a project either...
But I'm sure you can understand why people are upset about this, with all these buggy little BGT games that are all nearly alike which die in 2 weeks and just clutter up the forum with useless drama.

And try not to hang your sense of self worth on your game development skills okay? it's not healthy or productive, even if it's an easy trap to fall into. Mason did that for instance, and it didn't turn out well for him at all...
Learning proper posting etiquette would help too... Pay attention to how others post and people won't get annoyed at you as much.

Thumbs up

2018-09-25 01:42:15

Aaron, I get that there is nothing wrong technically, but there really needs to be a rule against this. I don't mind a dev posting his newbie project to get feedback. That's all fine and good, and I will be happy to play the game and give any feedback. However, that's not what happens here. What happens is code copying, and yes I did not say steeling since nothing is stolen, but code copying with a few things changed here and there to call it a new game. It's not a new game, it's a recicled game and nobody wants to play it. Rory, I'd be happier with your new games being as simple as simon, or as you say it no games until you are ready to give us something. Your first games do not need to be ultra epic side scrollers with enemies to kill, they need to work and be truly yours. I am happier when I see a dev posting something smaller and wanting to get feedback than just getting source of another game and changing a few things. That's not how code works. Imagine if I took your game now, changed the name and said hey this is my game try it? Would that be fair? I get that a lot of you say you will add things to that code, but until that happens why post it in the first place? It doesn't show any creativity.

Thumbs up +1

2018-09-25 05:17:58

right. oh yeah whatever happened to the very very very very first creation, life in world? hmmm
this, fight to the death 0.2, is another failure and really needs to stop. It does nothing for the forum or the community. I mean come on, there is even no link and I would hate to see another 24320 posts later that nothing had ever been released. What, is really, the point of this nonsense? is it attention? new friends? what is it for crying outloud...
it surely is not for audio games or for new games. That has been made very clear to everyone in this forum. If it was, we would have a stable and decent game we would all be playing and talking about instead of excuses all over the place. So seriously, stop it, just stop.

A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Thumbs up

2018-09-25 05:49:43

Well, Mahdi, It's new releases room, not old releases or clone room. I think you should just delete your topics.

Best regards
Pranam
Don't forget to give me a thumbs up!

Thumbs up +1

2018-09-25 06:39:39

ok, so since these games aren't new, can we stop posting them up? thanks. its really upsetting to see copied code just altered a bit, and then called a new game. fight.02, tlw, and lost city, are all just copied code, with afew changed values added in to say there new. I haven't posted a game for this exact reason. I would rather grow as a dev first, then post a bigger title. starting small is the way to go since it promotes learning, and allows you to grow. but, I guess the spoiled brats of today, don't like working hard for what they call there own. pretty sad really.

Thumbs up +1

2018-09-25 08:27:16

hi all, all that i can say is compete.
mahdi, rory darf vader you all have code based on ZA, so you should really compete.
obviously, when some one's game is better more players will play it. else, just stop with this bool crap

best regards

2018-09-25 10:54:40

hi.
So i wasn't originally going to post here, but i feel like i have to now after seeing that last post.
i would reccomend you have a read of page2 of rory's topic, if it still exists. that more or less explains my thaughts on the matter. in short, za is open source. making your own versions should be ok, just so long as you can at least ulter it enough to call it your own, which obviously hasn't been done here, or indead with mahdi or simter. world of the dead has been sort of in and out of development for at leas a year, maybe more. until recently it was completely private, until we decided we had changed it up enough it would actually be a cool thing for people to play. granted, it was buggy as fuck, hence my topic in generall game discution. i just find it kind of sad that something we worked quite hard on is being put down in the box with all these clones with a couple modified weapons and not much else. let me give you an example.
undead attack by lav andric, now discontinued. it was never released, or at least not really, but it was still played by a few people. i believe you can still get it's src on his site, for those who may be intrested. basicly all it was was zombie arena with a few extra features, well, like 2 extra features and a shit load of levels that all do the same thing, a shit load of stolen sounds from redspot and other games, and a, rocket launcher? In a side scroller? This is a perfect example of what i'm talking about.
basicly, all i'm saying is this. when making a game, weather it's your own code or someone elses, whatever, at least make sure it's good enough for the community, and in this case, the best way to do that is make it your own.

Thumbs up

2018-09-25 11:06:35

@21, that is why i say when you take this code, make it better than all those clones around, so that your game has a reason to be played unlike the other clones.
i don't mind playing a clone, i am just tired of playing clones that are all exactly the same. not that world of the dead i exactly the same, (you atleast added things that can fall on you if i am not mistaken, add the features none of these clones have.

best regards

2018-09-25 12:01:58

@charlie     ultra power had rocket launcher too, i don't know why these people don't know where to add what and where to not to do that

2018-09-25 13:33:37

What's wrong with a rocket launcher in a side scroller anyway? Makes perfect sense to me, make the rocket fly where your facing for a bit, then explode when it hits something and do damage a few tiles left and right.

Thumbs up

2018-09-25 13:46:30

link added: ..

Thumbs up