2019-11-26 16:57:24

HAHA, OK! I managed to find the nearby city. It was a great adventure.
Now i am trying to learn some stuff from books. But it themes i am not very good with reading.
Are there other things i can do in town?

2019-11-27 05:19:24

I'm on here as Aarlen.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2019-11-27 06:57:26

You can buy things from shops, and if you keep studying you will improve at literacy.
You can also run your own shop if you earn enough gold to do that.
You can post on boards, in character, like if you are looking for a carpenter to build a home for you, etc.
I don't spend a lot of time in towns, so I don't know much you can do there.
They're good for RP too though.

2019-11-27 12:55:45

Thanks Mirage!
At the moment i am trying to find some water to drink.
Any ideas?

2019-11-27 13:17:28

rivers are a good source of it. One easy to find is that west of forest heart. In some cities there are Wells as well, I think. Or at least I've seen one in that mountain fortress southeast of FH.

Keep calm, and call the doctor.

2019-11-27 14:02:30

For water, if you're in Forest Heart, look on Stark Street for a pond, and also around Lord's Path I think it is. There's another one there.
Like Mateo said though, in the wilderness, rivers are best.
But if you come across any cottages or huts, they might have canteens in there, if you are really in a bind. Most people who are far enough along to build a home will leave doors open for newer adventurers, so you can drink if you find a canteen. Just be sure to look at it, and smell of it first, to make sure it's actually water and not alcohol. LOL.

2019-11-27 20:35:56

Any ideas how to start out making money? I don't know what to cook or what I can get just yet. I'm trying to really not spend any, but I could use a sword or something and a shield. Barring that, I'm just buying gruel to survive off of until I can get more money.

End racism
End division
Become united

2019-11-28 01:09:41

This is the one thing that is so hard on AL.
Their idea is to have a player driven economy, so you make things and sell them to PCs.
But if no one is on, how do you make money as a new player?
I have not found an answer to this yet.
You can kill things, and sell their hides in Forest Heart, but in my experience, that hardly gets you anything.
If you can whittle though, you can make a flute and a cornupas, and sell those in the music shop.
That's the most lucrative thing I've found so far.
You can forage, and find food if that helps. Look for hawkshelf fungus in the forests. Those are filling.

2019-11-28 01:44:05

Hmm OK, I'll keep those in mind.

End racism
End division
Become united

2019-11-28 11:03:22

How do you manage all the nutrition stuff? OK, you can drink from rivers and so on. But how do you get something to eat for free?

2019-11-28 15:59:56

I've not been since my herb lore apparently sucks. I've just been going to that tavern and buying gruel for two farthings a pop. It lasts a little while too. I can kill things, and get meat but I have no clue what to try to make with said meat.

End racism
End division
Become united

2019-11-29 07:23:56

You can eat the meat you've hunted without cooking it, which is unrealistic I know. But it definitely gives you nutrition.
You can also eat fish that isn't cooked.
Forage for hawkshelf fungus.
And just forage in general, because as that skill goes up, so does your ability to find food.

2019-11-29 15:20:13

Can someone maybe suggest a gmail/username/password recovery? I reall wanna play. the game sounds awesome

You see a signature that is 800 characters and 8 lines long. You quickly report it to the administrators

2019-11-29 16:29:04

or, just managed to make another one. username caranov

You see a signature that is 800 characters and 8 lines long. You quickly report it to the administrators

2019-11-30 18:13:48

Ya ya, life is so hard!
I got a broken leg. Can i somehow craft me a crutch to limp home? HAHA

2019-11-30 19:01:12

A splint and bandage. We should try to meet up at some point and establish a camp or something. I have one tent.

End racism
End division
Become united

2020-01-29 19:55:57

By chance, does anyone know how to begin learning to sew?
I can make thread and yarn.
I can repair clothes, but I think that's the repair skill and not sewing.
I have started trying to knit with scarves and socks.
But I don't know what things I can craft to begin sewing.
Everything I contemplate tells me I don't know how to make that.
There has to be some simple thing I can make that will give me the skill.
Any suggestions?

2020-05-14 06:10:14

An update for the accessibility of AL.
A month or so ago, they made fighting styles accessible.
It used to be that if you typed "increase dodge" you wouldn't know how much your dodge style was compared to its opposite.
Now the style is a text readout instead of a graphic, so you really can change what you're doing if something isn't working for you in a fight.
This is a big step forward and it makes combat a lot more accessible, so I wanted to let you all know.

2020-05-14 07:21:11

nice.
I don't wanna play the game naymore though, last time I did, i was helpless and died once within the hour because I didn't have any money or mateials. shrug. still was a bit fun. smile big_smile

2020-05-15 04:52:53

Here's how to keep from dying, and I learned it the hard way.
Always, always, look ahead before you move.
That way, you can avoid dangerous animals, because in the beginning you will literally need to find a sparring partner so you can build up your skills, or start out by killing mosquitoes in the swamp. You might have a chance against a rabbit or squirrel in the forest, but always keep track of your health during a battle so you can move away if you get too injured. Don't do like I did, and wait til you get a broken leg so you can't move. LOL.

2020-05-19 03:00:20

If only AL had an easier way of rolling stats at the beginning, I can't easily get a char to my satisfaction especially since in muds I only play 1 character efficiently.

2020-05-19 05:12:27

Your stats increase as you learn skills and do things in game.
So even if you start out with stats you dislike, you can improve them.
For instance, study a lot at the library to increase your intelligence, climb to gain dexterity, etc.

2020-05-19 06:03:13 (edited by goran 2020-05-19 06:09:36)

True, but still, I'm a bit of a perfectionist LOL, I'd rather have the skill stats+good stats from the beginning.

I think I'm going to give it another try later today, as  I really like this kind of mud, great crafting and lbd skill system. I played lament for a while, but the lack of building was what made me hoping for a better mud, and AL has all the lament stuff+building cabins and such.