2018-08-09 00:14:53

Hi.
@Jonikster, "I find drunk girls exciting?" That  sounds very sexual to me. I wouldn't mention that on here, or to anyone you want to take you seriously. I doubt that kind of attraction is a harmless thing.

@Dark, you put weed in coffee? Doesn't that taste very bad? I ought to try that sometime. Smoking it is too much of a hastle.
That's really neat, your brother is a lawyer. I wonder if they have blind lawyers and judges in America? I haven't found any yet, but it would be interesting to find out. I'm guessing if there are any here, they don't advertise that they are blind lol! I agree about legal fiction, but you get that with many genres of novels. Some are just too over the top to be believable. When I was young, I wanted to be a lawyer, but the older I got, the more I realized it wasn't for me.

Guitarman.
What has been created in the laws of nature holds true in the laws of magic as well. Where there is light, there is darkness,  and where there is life, there is also death.
Aerodyne: first of the wizard order

2018-08-09 01:06:27

@Guitarman, yep there are blind lawyers and at least two blind judges in Britain, my brother has far better sight than I have and can for example read large print (though he's still registered blind as opposed to partially sighted), however there are other blind solicitors with no sight at all and at least one of the judges is also totally blind.

Of course the problem of getting a training contract still persists, it took my brother fourteen years, then three years working voluntarily for free at a law firm, which was down right ridiculous, though that's true of blind people in pretty much any profession.

As to the weed in coffee, cannabis doesn't actually dissolve in coffee, but the tcp, the chemical in cannabis that actually gets you high dissolves in any lipid. This is how people could make hash brownies or cakes.

My friend just used either a spoon full of butter or cream, then added it to the coffee. It works slightly better with resin as opposed to the actual leaves of the plant, but it can still work with that as well.

Since my friend is a major fan of the dune books, and since Cannabis actually tastes a bit like a more bitter version of cinnamon, which is much how the spice melange is described in the books, another reason why its sort  amusing.

i admit I've not had any now for a few years, but I would again if the opportunity presents itself.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2018-08-09 01:32:55

There are and have been blind lawyers in America for quite some time. It was one of the better known jobs blind people did back when Daredevil was created, hence his being a lawyer. There was at least one blind senator, I think from Oklahoma, Thomas something or other?
Like, blind lawyers are common enough that I completely forgot that I went to college with someone who is now in law until writing the rest of this post. I don't know what he's doing now, since I only ever heard about the noteworthy stuff (speaking to the state legislature for I don't know what).

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2018-08-09 03:21:21

flackers wrote:

I find drunk girls exciting is probably something best left off any citizenship application.

Erm, yeah, ya think? big_smile

The Beast continued its studies with renewed Focus, building great Reference works and contemplating new Realities. The Beast brought forth its followers and acolytes to create a renewed smaller form of itself and, through Mischievous means, sent it out across the world.
from The Book of Mozilla, 6:27

2018-08-09 07:53:34

Guitarman,
Americans as I know little alcohol drink. By the number of alcohol consumption, Britain is higher than America in the ratings.
But this is not the main thing for me. I can find a girl anywhere.
On the one hand, Britain suits me completely. On the other hand, there are many opportunities in America.
There are many things I know about America. Many things are said in my country, about many things I read on the Internet.
I understand that the best choice for me is to go to these two countries and make my choice. But it's a waste of money. I doubt that I can not find much information here. But in any case, I will travel. In fact, I have to choose between the three cities. If I live in America, I will live in New York or Los Angeles. If I live in the UK, I will live in London.
CAE_Jones,
Thank you for your information.

2018-08-09 08:18:09 (edited by matt1211 2018-08-10 06:27:45)

So there aren't opportunities in the UK is what you're trying to say? I feel like a few people on the forum may disagree with you there, but who knows. Also I'm fairly certain that both countries have laws regarding sexual intercourse with enebriated women and consent, so perhaps you should rethink your choice of moving destinations a bit.

Prier practice and preparation prevents piss poor performance!

2018-08-09 10:53:13

but isn't Vodka quite a big thing around Ukraine/Russia? or is it the news being misleading as always?

2018-08-09 11:49:47

@Dark: Weed in coffee? Okay, that sounds interestingg. It's a runnning joke by now people assume I'm high thanks to how I am. It's got so bad I've started hamming it up and acting like I'm high without realizing it. The nice officer who pulled me aside for a drug test wasn't happy when it came back all zeroes. I had moon cake once my neighbor gave it me ages ago without telling me. Ya, what it was. The fact she'd just come back from Amsterdam should have clued me in but noooo, ate the whole thing and felt nothing....for a few hours. Then it kicked in and I was off with the fairies...

Though to be fair I've heard Holland isn't as weeed centric as everyone thinks. Admittedly if I wasn't so lazy I'd probably smoke weed just because I'm curious enough to. Admittedly I get all of my high adventures out in writing. Apparently, no idea why, I write a pretty good stoner character without trying to yet I'm not high....but everyone assumes I'm either high, or gay, or both. No idea why...

Warning: Grumpy post above
Also on Linux natively

Jace's EA PGA Tour guide for blind golfers

2018-08-09 15:20:23

jonikster wrote:

Guitarman,
Americans as I know little alcohol drink. By the number of alcohol consumption, Britain is higher than America in the ratings.

That's your problem fella, generalizations, all the time it is the same with you. How many times do we have to tell you to stop generalizing, how many times to we have to explain that one thing cannot be said about a whole group of people. SO you don't even listen to what we have to say, but you continue to ask questions of us? Get out with that bull bull, its utterly ridiculous. Re... dik... yoo... lus!

To be 100% honest, I don't think you should move, at least right now, I don't think you have the maturity to exist in a place that's not what you already know. You will just get people mad at you. I think you have so many misconceptions of how western culture works that you can see past them enough to understand that all people are not the same. Hell, even in Europe where the countries are smaller, there is much diversity among the population. I wouldn't say all Germans do this, or all Italians do that. Don't you get how that's wrong? I don't know how to explain it other than the methods I've already tried. Do you realize that 11 states here in the USA are larger than the entirety of the U.K. Yet, is there no diversity among the British? Of course there are. The most obvious are regional accents, but the others are how they greet people, how they deal with social situations, their views on things, etc. I bet there's even diversity to be found in Luxembourg and Lichtenstein , two very small countries. So please for the love of anything you hold dear, stop acting like all of a people are exactly the same, it shows your ignorance, and your immaturity.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2018-08-09 15:57:51

Actually...Iron, regional accents are sloooowly dying out. Also, for the weed point...here:

o we are not constantly high, matter of a fact its more the other way around, the more liberal we are to the drug the more people ignore it. It is also why there are more english forums/ sites that rate dutch coffeshops then there are actual Dutch sites about them. According the the official UN numbers we the Dutch use around 8 gram per year. In Israel for example its already 27 gram, US 16.2, canada 12.7, Australia 10.6, France 8.6, scotland 8.2, and in england wales its 6.6, And in SIngapore 0.004 so go figure.

I'm hal disappointed and half what the shit at those numbers. Israel....what, UK, we're as weed using as the Dutchc? US is too? Singapore is just yeah, weed, whatever.....

Also on Linux natively

2018-08-09 16:42:39

DO you mean kg, even 27 grams of weed isn't that much for an entire country. Hell, you can smoke an entire gram at one sitting.

End racism
End division
Become united

2018-08-09 17:17:34

Not sure if the units got screwed up in translation or something, that's possible. I'm always amused by the myths and stereotypes bout stoners though. Had a friend in college who smoked weeed. He mixed up weed and catnip one time and had a very....interesting xperience. Though not as wild as accidntally almost smoking a bag of store bought salad.

Also on Linux natively

2018-08-09 17:50:23

@Ethin @ironcross32 While typically I would probably agree with your posts, I believe the way you handled this situation in particular is lower than sub par. Instead of getting angry at the guy for making topics over and over again, you might try getting him to add you on Skype and help him one on one. Of course, you wouldn't have thought about that if I hadn't specifically pointed it out, because you're both too busy getting angry at him to think of anything cohesive.
@everyone You guys weren't as blunt with your posts, but I still say basically the same thing to you as well. Instead of getting upset with the op, help him privately.
@jonikster If you want more info on different countries, I have an open-door policy. My Skype is down in my signature if you want to add me, and I can try to help you out. Don't keep making topics about this over and over again, because it's irritating people.

Discord: dangero#0750
Steam: dangero2000
TWITCH
YOUTUBE and YOUTUBE DISCORD SERVER

2018-08-09 18:15:19

Here's the problem.....people have tried to help, over and over and he won't listen at all or understand it. He makes topics for every tiny little thing. No, helping him won't achieve anything exept move the inane questioning into your PM box or Skype. Consider people have helped him and he's come back with inane responses and questionable ones at times, and hasn't seemed to take any help in at all. So why, exatly, should anyone help somebody who makes 50000000 topiccs for evry little question, when they got answers in said topics and never take in any of that information then?

Also on Linux natively

2018-08-09 18:18:52

@shotgun, while I appreciate your attempt to mollify the situation, in this instance I tend to think a bit of exasperation by forum members is not unwarranted, and so far matters haven't gone beyond the realm of "exasperation" I think.

Bare in mind Jonikster has been posting topics like this for at least the last three years, indeed I think I once calculated that he's posted 60 topics on the same subject, and probably a fifth of all the posts he's made have been about this, hence my example about the screwdriver.

Myself and others did start! by being as helpful as possible, pointing out resources he could look up, I believe people have talked things out with him on skype as well, however his response is just to come back again with the very same question, founded on the very same assumptions once again.

Actually I've been amazed this topic hasn't been flamier than itt  could have been (and yes flamier is a perfectly cromulant word).

Btw, as regards cannabis, one thing I have noticed is that there are very few casual stoners out there like myself. People I've met who tend to do cannabis do it on a pretty major scale, indeed my drug taking friend freely calls himself a weedoholic big_smile.

This is another reason I'm very much in favour of legalising cannabis for recreational use, I even went on our local radio and said so, pointing out that firstly one doesn't have to smoke the stuff, and secondly it is! possible to just take it from time to time and be perfectly okay big_smile.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2018-08-09 18:42:48

@shotgunshell, none of your suggestions would work, period. You'r defending a guy who is defenseless; you'd think otherwise if you'd seen the same shit he's done. He's posted the same stereotypical bullshit'd shit on this forum quite a large amount of times and has asked the same questions over and over and over and over, so I think that my words and my anger directed towards him is 110-percent justified. Take Dark's example and imagine yourself as the shopkeeper. What if you were the shopkeeper and Dark was the customer, and Dark started asking you the same question over and over and over and over. How would you feel and what would you do? I doubt you'd be very calm by any stretch of the imagination. I wouldn't, IMO. And considering this guy keeps stereotyping entire countries, it makes me wonder if this guy watches the news so much that they've brainwashed him into thinking bullshit about all these countries. If Jonixter keeps up like this, he most definitely won't be living a very happy life (I doubt he's lived a very happy one so far).

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2018-08-09 18:46:01

Yeah, I'm not going to spend a bunch of my free time helping someone I barely know 1 on 1 with something, especially one who keeps asking silly questions and not acting on the answers.
Again, their are many other, much better resources he could be using for this, like Reddit, or travel websites, Quara, ETC.

2018-08-09 18:58:07 (edited by flackers 2018-08-09 19:08:57)

I agree there's no point trying to engage with Jonikster on this subject because he never progresses, but just seems to enjoy talking  about it. But I personally don't find it annoying, and don't think he's posting anywhere near often enough to be considered a pest. I skip maybe half the topics on this forum because I have no knowledge/interest in what they're about. It's no trouble to do the same to Jonikster's. Let's face it, they're pretty easy to spot smile. If every third topic was Jonikster going on about the same old shit, I'd be pissed off and wanting him banned, but it's nowhere near that level. I really don't think anything he's doing warrants hate or banning.

2018-08-09 19:45:51

@38 People have tried to help him to no avail. I'm not angry at him for posting so much, I am annoyed at it, what does anger me though, and I think rightly so, is the way he stereotypes entire groups of people.

End racism
End division
Become united

2018-08-10 00:54:37

I didn't know that he was doing this for three years. I guess I haven't been looking at the off topic room very much lately. Here's a question though. If he's posted over 60 topics on this same thing for that long, how come nothing's been done about it? No disrespect with that comment intended, I'm just curious. How come a rule hasn't been made for this sort of thing?

Discord: dangero#0750
Steam: dangero2000
TWITCH
YOUTUBE and YOUTUBE DISCORD SERVER

2018-08-10 01:10:02

@dark loved the post but don't mention screwdrivers to him, he already said he likes drunk girls. that's a cocktail for disaster.

Who's that trip trapping over My bridge? Come find out.

2018-08-10 01:22:31

bwahahahahha lol.

End racism
End division
Become united

2018-08-10 01:55:58

A quick look at his topics shows that Jonikster has created 129 topics, 13-16 (depending on how you count some of the more specific ones) repeating this one. Most of the others are programming related.

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2018-08-10 03:24:44 (edited by SirBadger 2018-08-10 03:28:04)

well there's his next topic rite there. should he date drunk American girls or move to England and learn to program in monty python?

Who's that trip trapping over My bridge? Come find out.

2018-08-10 04:49:54

Rofl ha!

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github