2020-05-30 21:40:49 (edited by magurp244 2020-05-30 22:01:32)

Launch Success! The core landed safely on the drone ship "Of Course I Still Love You", and Bob and Doug are now going to coast for the next 19 hours before auto-docking wth the International Space Station. It seems SpaceX will continue the stream until docking is complete, which will happen Sunday, May 31st at 10:27am.

-BrushTone v1.3.3: Accessible Paint Tool
-AudiMesh3D v1.0.0: Accessible 3D Model Viewer

2020-05-30 21:48:07

Wow

Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem. All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them going again. I trust you are not in too much distress.

2020-05-30 22:08:24

oh this was awesome, i love those things.

2020-05-30 22:09:47

and yeah i also have seen how they will now arrive in 19 hours, also, guys, this thing has so much people watching lol, i have seen over 3 milion.

2020-05-30 22:37:19

Heard 10 milion plus watching so that's both amazing and awesome

Warning: Grumpy post above
Also on Linux natively

Jace's EA PGA Tour guide for blind golfers

2020-05-30 22:44:48

This is a big moment for a number of reasons, including the technology, and this may just be the beginning. Remember that there are companies that have been waiting for this moment, such as [Bigelow Space Industries]. They were the ones who tested an inflatable ISS module awhile back, and have plans for launching larger modules to build independant space stations. We could even one day see in orbit construction of modular space ships, on top of SpaceX's Starship.

2020-06-01 16:30:32

Thanks for poasting these, I'm deeply interested in space so having a topic aobut it is helpful

My main interest is tech.
Follow me on twitter if you would like, my username is @stealthy153

2020-06-01 20:56:11 (edited by magurp244 2020-06-01 21:09:19)

If you want to talk about space stuff, feel free to ask, heh.

Bob & Doug gave a tour of the Crew Dragon Capsule which you can watch [here], conviently leaving out the [mystery space toilet], and followed up with a successful docking and disembarking with the ISS. They'll stay on board for a few weeks to months, but the mission won't be considered a success until they return to earth.

Did you know SpaceX actually has an online dragon manual docking flight simulator? You can check it out [here]: Fair warning though, its likely not accessible.

In other news, [Axiom Space]  is already booking Crew Dragon flights for private transport to the ISS.

2020-06-01 23:17:56

i wonder if the next step is the mission of 2024 or if they will do something new in the next 4 years

2020-06-01 23:34:45

Hard to say, SpaceX is going full throttle on Starship, with an ambitious timeline of 2-4 years, but its a fair bet that it may be 4-8 years before its crew certified. There's talk of the Europe Clipper mission for 2024, and a few more probe missions to mars. Naturally the focus of the current administration is the moon by 2024, which is still a bit in the air. I've already mentioned the commercial space stations however, and other things might potentially crop up along the way. I'd really like to see a good centrifugal [artificial gravity] module experiment for longer term space habitation,or in orbit fusion power like the [Kilopower] reactor.

2020-06-13 10:38:46 (edited by magurp244 2020-06-13 10:42:24)

As reported by [arstechnica]:

SpaceX is launching yet another constellation batch of their Starlink network from Cape Canaveral Air Force Station at 5:21am ET. On this payload however are 3 additional SkySat satellites for Planet, which handles geographical mapping to whom SpaceX offered a killer deal for a rideshare. The current booster has flown twice on Dragon resupply missions, and will attempt to land on the drone ship "Of Course I Still Love You" in the Atlantic Ocean. For this particular launch, SpaceX also isn't going to static fire test the rocket, which could potentially save both time and money if it works out.

You can watch the livestream [here], which starts in 38 minutes as of this post. There's a backup window scheduled for June 14th, 4:59 a.m. EDT.

2020-07-08 06:29:21

SpaceX is scheduled to launch another batch of Satelites for its Starlink Constellation tomorrow, at 11:59am EDT. This payload includes 57 Starlink satelites and 2 from BlackSky for global geopositoning. This booster flew the first Crew Dragon Demo mission to the ISS, the RADARSAT Constellation mission, and two previous starlink missions. It will currently launch from the Kennedy Space Center in Florida, LC-39A, and will attempt a landing on the drone ship "Of Course I Still Love You" currently stationed in the Atlantic Ocean.

You can watch the livestream [here], which starts in 11 hours as of this post.

2020-07-20 02:07:39

SpaceX is going to be launching the ANASIS-II satelite from Cape Canaveral Air Force Station in Florida, the window running from 5:00pm EDT to 8:55pm EDT. This Falcon 9 previously launched the Crew Dragon Capsule carrying Bob and Doug to the International Space Station. Following deployment, the booster will attempt to land on the drop ship "Just Follow The Instructions" stationed in the Atlantic Ocean, and per the customers request, coverage will end shortly after Booster Landing.

You can watch the livestream [here], which starts in 20 hours as of this post.

2020-07-31 01:44:37 (edited by magurp244 2020-07-31 01:45:06)

As reported by [cnet]:

The mission time for Bob and Doug on the ISS is coming to a close, after having done a number of tasks including a few space walks to install some fresh batteries. Starting August 1st, conditions permitting, both astronauts will bid farewell to the ISS and disembark aboard the Crew Dragon-2 capsule, and re-enter earths atmosphere sometime on August 2nd. If everything goes accordingly, this will complete the crew certification for Crew Dragon, and pave the way for the next launch of four new astronauts scheduled for September 21st later this year.

The article also details how to watch Bob and Dougs return from the ISS.

2020-08-02 23:40:32 (edited by magurp244 2020-08-03 09:26:51)

Bob and Doug have returned safely from the ISS and its an all clear. You can watch a replay of the livestream [here]. This capsule will aparently be refurbished and be reused for the Crew-2 flight after the upcoming Dragon Crew-1 launch in september.

In other space news, i've heard some chatter about the crew jokingly referring to the onboard toilet as the "Commode-O-Dragon", heh.

2020-08-17 23:13:32

Coming up for SpaceX is another batch of 58 Starlink satellites along with three Planet SkySats. The current booster previously flew the Telstar 18 VANTAGE mission, Iridium-8 mission, and 3 separate Starlink payloads. Its scheduled to launch at 10:31am DT from Cape Canaveral Air Force Station in Florida, with a return to the drone ship "Of Course I Still Love You" stationed in the Atlantic Ocean.

You can watch the livestream [here] which starts in 17 hours as of this post.

2020-08-29 21:56:45

SpaceX is set to launch another batch of 60 Starlink Satellites at 10:12am EDT from Kennedy Space Center in Florida. The current booster previously flew the GPS III Space Vehicle 03 mission, and will be making a landing on the drone ship "Of Course I Still Love You" in the Atlantic Ocean.

You can watch the livestream [here] which starts in 18 hours as of this post.

2020-08-29 22:18:41

Now when this great space stuff is over we could scrape some money together to tackle this whole virus issue.  I guess the next steps will be evacuating Earth.

Please support me by checking out my ko-fi shop:
https://ko-fi.com/kjsisco56927

2020-08-30 11:52:40

Nope, fuck that. We have enough money to do both. The various nations and private companies on this earth are just too stupid and self interested to invest in the right things.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2020-08-30 17:42:09

Well isn't it interesting that Nasa knows better than to flush money down the toilet in these tough times.

2020-08-30 20:43:15

@70
Its been mentioned elsewhere, but NASA's budget is a rounding error compared to the spending of other departments like the DoD, and NASA doesn't control its budget, Congress does, so what Congress wants, Congress gets. Another thing is that throwing money at a problem doesn't mean you can do it any faster or better, distributed computing has allowed us to collect unprecedented level's of computing power, so much so that coronavirus researchers were running out of things to simulate, and even if we do find a vaccine theres no guarentee it will work.

At the end of the day, the virus is a problem for largely political, social, and logistical reasons, not a lack of funding. The best way to contain the outbreak is to practice social distancing, wear a mask, and stay indoors to limit the spread until it runs its course.

2020-08-30 20:58:51

Wrong.  Sorry but if we had more money allocated towards this issue we certainly would be better off.  Waiting it out won't do a thing.  I love space technology but I don't think now is the time to focus on it.

2020-09-03 01:15:10 (edited by magurp244 2020-09-03 01:16:24)

SpaceX is scheduled to launch another batch of 60 Starlink satellites at 8:46am EDT from Kennedy Space Center in Florida. A backup launch date is Friday, September 4th at 8:24am EDT. The booster is also set to land on the drone ship "Of Course I Still Love You" stationed in the Atlantic Ocean.

You can watch the livestream [here] which starts in 13 hours as of this post.

In other news, Starship Prototype SN6 is also scheduled for its maiden hop on September 3rd, with backup dates on the 4th and 5th.

2020-09-17 12:40:39

SpaceX is doing a new starlink payload of 60 satellites from Kennedy Space Center in Florida a t 2:19pm EDT, with a backup window for Friday, September 18th at 1:57pm EDT. This Falcon 9 Booster was the same one that launched Bob and Doug to the ISS for the Crew Demo-2 flight, and the ANASIS-II mission. Its scheduled to land on the drone ship "Just Read the Instructions” stationed in the Atlantic Ocean.

You can watch the livestream [here] which starts in 7 hours as of this post.

2020-09-28 00:32:43

Another starlink batch of 60 satellites is scheduled for launch from Kennedy Space Center in Florida at 10:22am EDT. This booster previously flew the first flight of Crew Dragon to the ISS with Bob and Doug, and the ANASIS-II Mission. It will be attempting landing on the drone ship "Of Course I Still Love You" stationed in the Atlantic Ocean.

You can watch the livestream [here] which starts in 15 hours as of this post.