2019-06-12 20:09:15

Alright! Love things like this, going to check it out now. Thanks for the posts!

Guitarman.
What has been created in the laws of nature holds true in the laws of magic as well. Where there is light, there is darkness,  and where there is life, there is also death.
Aerodyne: first of the wizard order

2019-06-24 09:06:01

SpaceX is set to launch another Falcon Heavy rocket carrying the STP-2 Mission, which is set to deploy a cluster of 24 satellites for the US Air Force. One of those satellites will be the Planetary Society's Light Sail 2 spacecraft, a prototype Solar Sail that will deploy to test the feasibility of booting around the solar system on the solar wind, which you can learn more about [here].

The Falcon Heavy is set to launch from Kennedy Space Center in Florida, the two previously flown boosters will attempting landing at Landing Zones 1 and 2 at Cape Canaveral Air Force Station in Florida, with the center core attempting a landing on the drone ship "Of Course I Still Love You" in the Atlantic Ocean, here's hoping the drone ships anchoring systems have been upgraded this time, and the core makes it safely back to shore. The launch window is set for June 24th, 11:30 pm EDT to June 25th, 3:30 AM EDT, with a backup window set for June 25th, 11:30 EDT to June 26th, 3:30 am EDT.

The webcast is set to being in 20 hours as of this post, which you can watch [here].

-BrushTone v1.3.3: Accessible Paint Tool
-AudiMesh3D v1.0.0: Accessible 3D Model Viewer

2019-07-24 07:35:02

Its that time again, yet another Crew Resupply Services mission is scheduled to launch from Cape Canaveral Air Force Station, and attempt a landing at Landing Zone 1 back at Cape Canaveral. The window is set to open between 6:24 pm EDT, with a backup window Thursday July 25th at 6:01 pm EDT.

The webcast is set to begin in 16 hours as of this post, which you can watch [here].

2019-08-06 07:38:54

With Elon Musk scheduled to make an update on Starship on the 24th, SpaceX is currently set to launch the AMOS-17 Communications Satellite built by Boeing and owned by Spacecon Ltd. of Israel. The Falcon 9 will launch from Space Launch Complex 40 at Cape Canaveral Air Force Station, Florida with the launch window opening at 6:53pm EDT to 8:21pm EDT. This particular core is also the same one used for the Telstar-19 VANTAGE mission in July 2018, and the Es'hail-2 mission in November 2018.

The webcast will start in 17 hours as of this post, which you can watch [here].

2019-08-06 19:43:36

@magurp244
I sent you a private message, thought i'll let you know since  AG forum doesn't alert you for new messages.
cheers

twitter: @hadirezae3
discord: Hadi

2019-12-04 09:44:23

SpaceX will be doing another supply run to the International Space Station from Cape Canaveral Air Force Station in Florida, the windows set for 12:51pm EST, with a back up window set for Thursday December 5th at 12:29pm EST. Pending a successful launch, the dragon capsule will dock with the ISS on Saturday, December 7th. The booster will be attempting a landing on the drone ship Of Course I Sill Love You, stationed in the Allantic.

You can watch the live webcast [here], which will start in 10 hours as of this post.

2019-12-16 06:26:19

SpaceX is going to be launching the JCSAT 18/Kacific 1 communications satellite from Cape Caneveral Air Force Station in Florida, with the window being set between 7:10pm to 8:38pm EST. The payload in question is build by Boeing and meant to provide broadband coverage to Japan and the Pacific Islands. The Falcon 9 being used for this launch previously handled two Crew Resully Missions, CRS-17 and CRS-18, and will be attempting a landing on the drone ship "Of Course I Still Love You", stationed in the Atlantic Ocean.

You can watch the live webcast [here], which is set to begin in 19 hours as of this post.

2020-01-18 00:42:44

As reported by [arstechnica]:

SpaceX will be conducting its Crew Dragon launch abort test tomorrow at Kennedy Space Center, with a 4 hour launch window starting at 8am ET. Its estimated that this window could be extended, or the launch pushed back to Sunday depending on both the launch pad and offshore weather for recovery of the capsule. The booster being used is the very first Falcon 9 Block 5 built and has already flown 3 times, during launch it has been programmed to suffer a system failure which will prompt the Dragon capsule to respond with a launch abort, this is scheduled to take place 84 seconds after launch, with the 8 SuperDraco Thrusters firing for 10 seconds, it will then coast, jettison the trunk, and deploy its parachutes for reentry. Reserve your hopes and prayers for a safe return for the brave mannequins onboard, heh.

You can watch the live webcast [here], which starts in 14 hours as of this post.

2020-01-20 00:14:08

The Crew Dragon Launch Abort Test was a complete success, with it rocketting away from the Falcon 9, which exploded shortly after. It then reentered the atmosphere and deployed its shutes. You can watch a replay of the test [here], along with the post test news conference with Elon Musk [here]. The meat of the launch begins around the 17 minute mark.

The new parachute designs are rather interesting, and better resemble mushrooms with a tether being in the center of the shutes. This paves the way for crew launches later this year, some estimates were for March, though NASA has yet to schedule a crew exchange with the ISS.

2020-01-20 16:59:24

wath do they wan to do with this project?

Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem. All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them going again. I trust you are not in too much distress.

2020-01-21 00:32:18

Specifically? This test is to make sure the shutes and a bort thrusters are working properly so they can determine if their safe. They'll go over the data, make improvements, and test again if necessary, which is part of the tenets of iterative design. More boardly for the Crew Dragon specifically, its to be able to send crew to the International Space Station on American rockets, just like they did during the Shuttle Era almost 10 years ago. But on top of that is a desire to commercialize low earth orbit, so what we could be seeing in the near future is space tourism to the ISS, but also private [Commercial Space Stations], like those planned by Bigelow Aerospace.

2020-01-27 10:00:52

SpaceX is setting up to deploy another batch of 60 satelites to further bolster their constellation in low earth orbit. This launch will be on the Falcon 9 that previously launched the Crew Dragon on its first Demo Flight in March 2019, and the RADARSAT Constellation mission in June 2019. Its set to lift off from Cape Canaveral Air Force Station at 9:49 am EST, with a backup window on January 29th at 9:28 am EST. Once the separated, it will attempt a landing on the drone ship "Of Course I Still Love You" stationed in the Atlantic Ocean, with the fairing recovery ships "Ms. Tree" and "Ms. Chef" attempting to recover the payload fairings.

You can watch the live webcast [here], which starts in approximately 6 hours as of this post.

2020-03-07 01:05:27

SpaceX is set for another Commercial Resupply Service to the International Space Station, launching from Cape Canaveral Air Force Station, Florida. The launch is set for late this evening at 11:50pm PST, with a backup window March 7th at 11:27pm PST.

You can watch the live webcast [here], which is set to start in 8 hours as of this post.

2020-03-15 08:21:02 (edited by magurp244 2020-03-15 20:25:34)

SpaceX is launching its next batch of Starlink satellites and pushing the boundaries of Falcon 9 reusability even more, by using a booster that has previously flown 4 times in a row. The launch is set to take place at Kennedy Space Center in Florida at 9:22am EDT, and is set to touch down on the drone ship "Of Course I Still Love You" stationed in the Atlantic Ocean. The fairing recovery vessels "Ms. Tree" and "Ms. Chief" will also be deployed to attempt to recover the fairing halves.

You can watch the live webcast [here], which is set to start in 7 hours as of this post.

2020-04-22 07:58:52

SpaceX are going to launch another batch of satelites for their Starlink Constellation from Kennedy Space Center, on a Falcon 9 thats previously flown 3 times. The launch is scheduled for 3:37pm ET, with a backup window on April 23rd at 3:15pm ET, the first stage will also be attempting a landing on the drone ship "Of Course I Still Love You" stationed in the Atlantic Ocean.

You can watch the live webcast [here], which starts in 11 hours as of this post.

In other news, NASA has put out a tentative date for the inaugural [Crew Dragon Launch] that will carry astronauts Doug Hurley and Bob Behnken to the International Space Station, which is set for May 27th, following a few final parashute tests and an investigation of an engine failure on the last Falcon 9 Launch. While this could easily slip, There seems a good chance the launch will happen either in late May or June. So mark your calenders and stock up on popcorn folks.

2020-05-23 04:50:56

This is it folks, the Crew Demo-2 launch carrying astronauts Doug Hurley and Bob Behnken to the ISS is a solid go. Next Wednesday they'll take off from Kennedy Space Center no earlier than 4:33 pm EDT, and will then coast to auto-dock with the ISS for an extended stay.

I'll be posting again with a link to the webcast when it drops.

2020-05-27 09:00:36

You can watch the Crew Demo-2 livestream [here], which starts in 9 hours as of this post. A backup window is scheduled for Saturday, May 30th at 3:22pm EDT or Sunday, May 31st at 3:00pm EDT.

2020-05-27 22:19:00

Launch scrubbed at T-minus 16:54. Weather isn't trending well and the next fallback window for Saturday, May 30th at 3:22pm EDT is in line.

2020-05-27 22:29:28

if they had had a longer window, they could have pulled the launch off. Oh well. Here's hoping for Saturday.

Much less active on this forum than in the past.

Check out my live streams: http://lerven.me
follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/liamerven

2020-05-27 23:05:25

@44 apparently they couldn't do that, because orbital mechanics. If they launched at another time with the planned trojectory they wouldn;'t have reached the station pproperly.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2020-05-27 23:09:57

Exactly.
Launch windows are funny things.

2020-05-30 20:51:14

Can watch the new livestream for Crew Demo-2 [here], T-minus 32 minutes until launch.

2020-05-30 21:09:08

18 mins or thereabouts to go. Squee!

Warning: Grumpy post above
Also on Linux natively

2020-05-30 21:29:24

what a launch!

2020-05-30 21:31:44

That was amazing

Warning: Grumpy post above
Also on Linux natively