2008-10-06 01:26:06

LOL. I wish apple put in something to control the sencetivity of the click weel, like what MS does for the mouse. As for browsing by folder, only works of you go through the pain of neetness. I have all my music aranged by folder on my PC, but that only because I don't like using ITunes on my PC. Matter of fact, I hate using the library feature in winamp or windows media player, but it goes good on something like the IPod where you can only carry so much with you. The music folder on my PC is like a filing cabinet. If I want to listen to the scare crow CD of Garth Brooks, I go to music, the to B  then to Brooks garth and at last choose the scare crow CD. I know, long path, but I don't like letting the computer arange my collection. Also I have a good Idea of where things are if I wish to put any of it on a PM or try out some new media software. Anyway, the IPod is nice. It's verry easy to slip in to a pocket before I get out of the car to walk in to class. With me, everything I carry with me on a dayly bases, has to go in a pocket or in to my backpack. Yes this includes my PM and laptop, along with cell phone and DS30. If it's just music you want it for, the IPod works fine. zhtfreak, it's all on how you keep your music. Anyway, love using the real speak voices on the nano. I have the 8 gig one wich works fine for me, even thow I have plenty more then that. zhtfreak what cullar did you go with? Not that it matters. Went with the blue one. yall should see how other folks react to me using an IPod. Some just don't see how I can use it while others assume that I wouldn't go with something I can't use. Has anyone tried the radio remote thing that Apple sells?

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.
DropBox Referral

2008-10-06 09:37:15

I personally use my cell phone to listen to music, and well I don't plan getting an I pod soon. I just think that I won't handle the scrollwheel thing. as for daisy books of course I can use my pc, however soon i'll get a bralle sence and that's what i'll use. at the moment though I don't have a major need to get a daisy playing capable software.

<Insert passage from "The Book Of Chrome" here>

2008-10-06 11:09:19

I got my Ipod Nano 16 gb for 4 days ago, and I really like it. I just need some better earphones. Have some of you tried the earphones you can purchase from Apples website?
You can check them out here:
http://www.apple.com/ipod/inearheadphones/
They looks awesome. They write "comming soon" on the website, but now the new Nanos are out, so i'm wandering if we can get these earphones in the Apple shops?

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2008-10-06 13:04:06

Be careful. I heard of people being targetted for mugging by being spotted with the distinctive earphones. I know it won't be a problem so much for us since we won't walk around with them in, but if you listen to something on a public bus train etc watch yourself.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2008-10-07 06:13:30

CW, I got a blue one as well. And I use the real speak voices too. I use Samantha. If only that mac voice was available on a PC LOL!

I haven't tried the radio remote, but I'm thinking about getting one. Then again, I might consider the remote headphones that have the inline controls, but I don't think those are available yet. I read it's supposed to be sometime this month, though.

The earbuds that ship with the iPod are actually not that bad now. They redesigned them last year I think. I use mine all the time, but yeah you wanna be careful using them in certain places because of people targetting them for thefts.

Oh another thing. The Nano now has a built-in recorder, but it only works with certain headphone mic combos, and I don't think those are out yet unless you count iPhone headsets. It also uses Apple Lossless format for the recordings, which means you can only play those in iTunes. I don't think that's a big deal though, since the recorder's probably only designed for stuff like little voice notes. It's not something that will replace your Olympus DS recorder, just like it won't replace a DS or PSP even though it can play games.

2008-10-07 19:36:54

I use the karen voice. I thought the earphones wasn't changed so I loaned them to the one I gave my therd gen too. LOL. wish I had the alex voice that apple included in lepord. Oh well, running XP instead of OSX.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.
DropBox Referral

2008-10-08 08:59:57

I'm using Alex. His sounds great on a Nano.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.

2008-10-11 02:06:05

Man, Wish I was using alex. Anyway, I picked up the radio remote thing for the nano and I can tel you that it is almost as accessible as the radio on your walkman. You can feel the buttons on the remote thinging just find, but don't expect to know what freq you are on, like you wouldn't on the walkman. The Ipod will not tell you. Also, from what I can tell, the precet , region, and tag menus isn't accessible. you also want to turn off the radio by hitting the play/pause before navigating the menus of the IPod. Another thing that might be worth noting is that the click wheel doesn't click while the radio is playing, but if you hit the play/pause then you can, to some digree change stations, but I wouldn't recommend doing it this unless you where the station of your choice is from your spot because it stops the radio from playing. I recommend changing the stations while the radio is playing. the sellect or OK button on the IPod itself will allow you to switch the ring from volume to the freq nob. you can run your fingor around it withthe desired affect. You can get the radio without sighted help. It gives you enough speech promps to get the radio started and then you basicly on your own until you stop the radio from playing. OK, you can use the controls on the IPod to control the radio just fine, but I'm shure you all want to know the layout of the controler itself. It is basicly layed out like the control panil on the IPod with a few differences. these differences is as folows. The volume is at 6:00 and12:00. the center button is the play/pause. The backe and next buttons that you use to skip backwerds and foarwords threw your tracks while they are playing are the same, 9:00 and 3:00. You don't have a menu button on the controler unless I missed something. As you will see, there is no running your finger around the controler to do the volume, but you still can use the controls on the IPod while the controler is atached if you wish to. I hope this helps someone, and please correct me if I missed something?

DropBox Referral

2008-10-13 09:08:02

Oh, thanks for the great information.
By the way, I can't wait to the new in-ear earphones which have a remote control comes out

Best regards SLJ.

2008-10-13 20:07:11

I know.

DropBox Referral