2019-12-25 19:46:12

This is definitely not going to be snes style... lol. I can tell you that. Though I'm not entirely sure what you mean by snes style...

Discord: clemchowder633

Thumbs up

2019-12-25 20:08:02 (edited by Muhammad Hajjar 2019-12-25 20:23:37)

No. I can confirm that you Nuno have really no taste. The sound design is amazingly awesome imho. I can say it, yes to fit such types of games, those are the appropriate sounds and sound design. I kindly ask you to stop your rudeness towards something that's never worth even 1% of your pointless bashing. Man, for god's sake, go, and, look, at, similar, mainstream, Japanese, rpg's, as people have told you a million times ok? That's what Japanese RPG's sounds are used to look like at most, if not always. And btw, regardless of being it a Japanese RPG, I don't even see any issues in the sound design itself, either. It's great as I said.

Kind regards!

Add me on battle.net and let's have fun, region is Europe, my BattleTag is: Hajjar#21470
By reading my post, you agree to my terms and conditions :P

Thumbs up

2019-12-25 20:27:42

Not a moderator, but asking everyone to tone their reactions down a noch. Everyone has an opinion... and if yu don't agree with it, that's fine. We can start a whole topic on retro vs. hollywood esc sound design in the general games discussion forum. In fact, someone please do... but we've pretty much finished beating this particular dead horse, I think. Not everyone s going to enjoy this kind of sound design. End of discussion.

Thumbs up

2019-12-25 20:31:31

I guess I mean something like a mix between zelda/ff, compared to like a skyrim.

Silly Gohan, animals don't eat people. People eat animals.

Thumbs up

2019-12-25 20:50:45 (edited by Muhammad Hajjar 2019-12-25 20:54:46)

I didn't ask him to tone his reaction down, or that wasn't my intend. I just want him to stop voicing his opinions out of an outrage which would show him rude. Make your criticism constructive and not offensive. If even what you were criticizing is worth all of that, you're like who criticizes the presence of sugar in sweets lol. I mean what you do irritatingly keep criticizing is completely ordinary.

Kind regards!

Add me on battle.net and let's have fun, region is Europe, my BattleTag is: Hajjar#21470

Thumbs up

2019-12-25 21:22:18

@505, I meant everyone who is responding like he just insulted a member of their family needs to tone down there reactions. lol

@504, I think the term you would be looking for is jrpg. lol The snes was a platform that had a lot of different rpgs in different styles. big_smile But I see what you mean.

Thumbs up

2019-12-25 21:42:26

JRPG is exactly what I'm looking for. Forgive me, I haven't slept in a day and a half lol.

Silly Gohan, animals don't eat people. People eat animals.

Thumbs up

2019-12-25 21:49:25

@506, oh I got you lol.

Kind regards!

Thumbs up

2019-12-25 22:51:00

i didnt bash the game as a whole. I just stated I dont like the sound design,m to which I have absolute right

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Telegram: Nuno69a
E-Mail: nuno69a (at) gmail (dot) com

2019-12-25 22:55:38

Refering to your sugar example, I can very much Ok say that sugar is bad, because it's sweet. I have a full right to not like sweet stuff, right?

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.

2019-12-26 00:08:45

Yes i got it, you only like chinesse food, that's right.

@assault_freak, i know you can't give us too much information at this point, but can you make a general coment about the boss fights? for example, do you think the bosses in this game are challenging?
i remember that the boss in the demo its easy when you know what it will do, But it kicked my ass the first copple of times i played for the first time.

bokura no daibouken 2 by yukionozawa. installer:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/897 … _setup.exe
bokura no daiboukenn 3 by yukionozawa. download page:
http://www.nyanchangames.com/softs/nn3.html

Thumbs up

2019-12-26 00:49:51

We haven't even finished the main story yet, so not all the bosses can be fought. I don't want to comment on that until I've fought all of them at least once.

Thumbs up

2019-12-26 02:42:09

#511 haha, basically if Planet saga could be from Chinese He probably would love it and no matter what type of sound design is there! lol

Twitter
Add me on Steam
Discord: lirintheblindguy
BattleTAG: Lirin#21759

Thumbs up

2019-12-26 03:23:40

I know this is of-topic but:

Lirin wrote:

I hope this game will come out before june as I'm gonna have a child so not much time for playing! lol

Congratulations man!

@assault_freak, fair enough, it's reasonable.
You think you haven't finished the main story yet, and knowing this developer, i'm sure there will be postGame content so... i'll sit patiently and wait, but once this thing comes out, well... world, forget about me...

Thumbs up

2019-12-26 03:27:51

No no. I don't think. I know we haven't finished the story yet... we're still writing it. lol

Thumbs up

2019-12-26 03:43:17

haha forget it assault, it was my misstake. i was about to write another thing and i forgot to delete the think part haha.

Thumbs up

2019-12-26 04:15:14

I am ridiculously hopeful for this game. I like higher-quality sounds more often than not, but for this genre Imake a very happy exception. Shadow Rine has some pretty basic sounds and I love the game not in spite of or because of those sounds. To me, JRPG sound schemes just have a charm that is very much all their own.

And yes, I'd agree that just calling something "bad" is probably not the best idea. Saying you don't like it, saying you're not a fan, it doesn't suit you, totally fine. Saying it's bad sounds like a globalized judgment of quality, vs. just an opinion. I'm glad this calmed down before it got ugly.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

Thumbs up

2019-12-26 05:28:24

@mr.brunete: Thank you so much! smile

Twitter
Add me on Steam
Discord: lirintheblindguy
BattleTAG: Lirin#21759

Thumbs up

2019-12-26 10:38:00 (edited by assault_freak 2019-12-26 10:38:59)

A lot of Japanese games have high quality sounds. But they have a retro feel on purpose of course. Take a look at the latest Samurai Shodown for an example. The game screams of Japanese sound design but the quality of the audio is great. It's kind of the same argument as whether a game should use exclusively older midi engines and instruments in the soundtrack  on purpose

Thumbs up

2019-12-26 11:32:29 (edited by JasonBlaze 2019-12-26 11:35:28)

it's also depend with the theam and rating of the game , I think, for example fantasy and for all ages, they couldn't just use that realistic goary, bloody, water ish  sounds in combat, right? and for what I've heard, I can asume planet saga is accessible for all ages?
yeah I know not all of game works like that, a few video games still uses retro sounds but display ohoho somethingsomething big_smile yeah I am looking at you fighting games

Thumbs up

2019-12-26 12:09:03

Hi,
So I was thinking to play the demo again. Has there been an update in that or is it the same? I too, can't wait for the game to be released. I am sure it's gonna be great as I had loved the previous game shadowline a lot.

I am not someone who is ashamed of my past. I'm actually really proud. I know I made a lot of mistakes, but they, in turn, were my life lessons. Drew Barrymore
Follow me on Twitter, Discord and Instagram

Thumbs up

2019-12-26 15:06:20

Yeah, PEGI mitght be a thing here.
My intention was never to insult the game, it's developers or players, just state that it is not my thing.
And if someone has a problem because my opinion is different than yours then...

2019-12-26 19:02:41

Hi
I think the boss in the demo is a bit easy, although his shots do deal a lot of damage where his strength lies. But, I don't know if that's a bug or it's something intentional: you can ride on the boss, literally, you can jump on him and stay over him, while he can't attack you as long as you stay like that, then you can aim down and attack the way you want and win the battle very very easy. I can show this off in a recording if the idea is still vague.

Kind regards!

Thumbs up

2019-12-26 19:25:41

This game is definitely not PG or geared towards kids... lol.

Thumbs up

2020-01-04 00:00:43

Hey!
Saw this topic again so decided to post in it finally.
This game, beyond any reasonable dought atleast in my honest oppinion is already fantastic! I hate this game so much though, because it sucks you into a world of intrigue and discovery, crafting fighting and old meets new style game design in sounds and nav, and then just when you are getting to the climax, Bam, sorry, but the game isn't finished beyond this point!!!!!!!!!
Oh My god!!, super frustrating lols, obviously in a good way.
My friends and I have gotten addicted to this game, in just the demo form, and I've litterally had to delete my desktop shortcut in the hopes of forgetting about it, as it is far beyond other games of its style in both replayability and overall world building, and I hate playing it now because I want so much more!
I am a fan of this style game, and I love the steps that have been taken to make this game much deeper faceted then shadow rine, which was ok but lacked true exploration elements that planet saga brings. The beep are the only thing that require getting used to, however after a while you get used to them and it isn't a big deal, and it seems like an interesting fix for visual games that don't have sounds for objects or places.
The damage deterioration rate is a little too accelerated in what I feel should be for certain things, but overall it adds to the idea of realism the game brings as a whole into the rpg navigation and world building that seems to have been done here.
I look forward to more world that isn't directly correspondent to a story line, but with the twist of a story line none the less, and the prospect of even more to do then is already shown.
The last thing I wanted to say, is that barely any developers consider consol support for they're games, and this one is one of the acceptions, which really makes the game that much better, only requiring a controller and some time to learn!
The vibration support is my favorite, I lost my sight during nintindo 64 eara, and never got to playu games with feedback with sight, and I enjoy having the feature without having to map keys in joi to key, which doesn't support vibration feedback. I just wish more audiogames had this ready to go as it would make interacting with them that much more user receptive.
Anyway please keep A-chugging, hope to see something soon as either extended demo content or an actual game to perchase or download.

don't look back, cause you'll loose the road ahead.

Thumbs up