2018-10-21 20:31:26

Hi,
Thank you both Exodus and magurp244.
  I will probably go with AMD 1600 as it seems truely the best choice when it comes to price and performance. or if I can wing it or wiggle into getting a lower priced, the 2600x or 2600. You both are correct, while the I5 8400 is good, and would have been better if it was around 14k the july price as  aposed to 22k right now.
the 1600 along with the graphics card comes out to be slightly more expensive than the I5 8400 but then again the performance that I can squeeze out of the  1600 and graphic card thats there in post 19 as compared to a single I5 8400 would be better, or at least that is what I think. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

One question and another addon to a list of things I am looking for if any of you can help with it, as I have no experience / clue as to what would be a good inexpensive monitor to get.
The question relates to the AMD 5 2600 and the 2600X. I will likely keep everything the same and go with Exodus list in post 19 as he has truely done a fantastic job at selecting the best components while still keeping it in budget.
Will the Corsair - CX (2017) 450W power supply be able to handle the 2600X if I manage to find it at a reasonable price?
I will hop on to amazon and try to find a cheap monitor big_smile
Thanks again you both.
Grryf

Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, ‘It might have been.
Follow me on twitter

2018-10-22 01:27:46 (edited by magurp244 2018-10-22 05:08:45)

Hmm, usually something in the 100 to 200$ US range is fine, preferably 19" or 24". Looking on Amazon India, seems there's a 50% fire sale on right now for monitors, so lucky you, heh. Something like the [Dektron] 24 inch for ₹6799, [Daiwa] 24 inch for ₹8500, or maybe the [BPL] 32 inch for ₹9490, though there are other 32 inch monitors that are a bit cheaper.

For power consumption, theres a few benchmarks [here] and [here]. Going over the read outs a bit more, the 1600 draws 54 watts when idle with up to 203 watts on heavy load, and the 2600X draws 51 watts when idle with 221 watts on heavy load. These numbers fluctuate though based on what your doing and whats plugged into and on your PC, using the GTX 1080 card some of the benchmarks draw around 270 watts with the 2600X, so about an extra 50 watts. For something like the Geforce GTX 590 SLI you'd probably want a 1000 watt power supply or better.

Edit: The specs for the [GeForce GT 1030] indicate a 30 watt draw with a recommended system power supply with 300 watt capacity, given the benchmarks of the card hold around there the 420 watt power supply should be fine.

-BrushTone v1.3.3: Accessible Paint Tool
-AudiMesh3D v1.0.0: Accessible 3D Model Viewer

2018-10-22 03:18:07

A 2600/2600X will draw about 100 w loaded with prime 95 tops. The gt 1030 gets all the power it needs from the PCI slot, so it is fantastic for low power builds. The corsair PSU will be completely fine to power all of this when you take into account case fans, HDDs and the rest.

Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.

2018-10-27 11:11:14 (edited by grryfindore 2018-10-27 11:15:54)

Hi guys,
Crazy week here, just got time today to sit down and have a proper go at looking at pc components. and source prices from other dealers other than amazon.

There is a high possibility that I'll go with an AMD 2600x in the build that Exodus created, as I am getting it at a real good price 18.5k, around 3.5k 4k higher than the 1600 at 14.5k, I think that's a pretty good price and worth it, besides if I am spending money, may as well go with the latest greatest at a good price, but lets see, if that proovs to be too expensive including other components, may slide back to the 1600 again.
Lol, streching my budget pretty high, but eh.
Thank you for the monitor recommendations, magurp244 seriously, I know nothing about them so I'll just pick one that seems good.

I sent this build to a friend, and he says everything on the list is great, but just don't get the graphics card that's in there, as its garbage for the money. He suggests a 1050 2GB or an AMD equivalent. According to him, the 1030 wouldn't even be able to run injustice gods among us properly.
Thoughts?

The 1050 2gb is really expensive at 11.5k yikes, compared to it the 4gb seems a far better bang for the buck at 13.5k see what I am doing there again? pretty soon I guess I'll be buying a 80k pc build if I keep this up, I promice I won't. no more sliding upwards...

I guess to save a little money, I could downgrade the motherboard, but I dunno, the one that's there in post 19 seems pretty good to me,
but this 4k cheaper motherboard seems a good alternative if I am really desprit for pricecuts
or this too

so to summarise, 2600x at that price would be my first pick,but if prices go high across the build I.E graphics card monitor etc, slide back to 1600 as it seems decent for the price, go with a 1050 4gb or 2gb depending on what you guys say, or stick with the 1030 as it is, maybe downgrade the motherboard if nothing else works out.
Any ideas thoughts / suggestions as always are more than welcome, I enjoy reading and learning if nothing else big_smile
And of course If I go with 2600x 2/4gb 1050 will the power supply need a kick upwards in my wallet, too? smile
Greatful thanks as always!
P.S. Almost forgot, my friend also suggests that I get rid of the amd 1600 if I don't want to get a better graphics card and go with I5 8400
Grryf

Follow me on twitter

2018-10-27 12:40:04

The power draw from the 2600X isn't that much higher than the 1600, and according to the [specs] the GTX 1050 has a 75 watt draw with a recommended power supply capacity of 300 watts, so your 420 watt PSU should still be fine if thats what you want to go for.

I'm not quite sure what your friend means about the GT 1030 though, there's a benchmark video of it [here] running Injustice Gods Among Us pretty well at 1080p. During the combat segments the frames hold steady around 30 with a GPU load of around 60 to 70%, but for animated attack moves the GPU load can spike up to a maximum of 98% with frames going back up to 60. If your going with a 720p monitor you wouldn't even need to run it that hard.

The thing to consider here though is your budget constraints, if your willing to spend more money you can spec a better rig as he seems to suggest. But the question one always has to ask is, when is "good" good enough?

-BrushTone v1.3.3: Accessible Paint Tool
-AudiMesh3D v1.0.0: Accessible 3D Model Viewer

2018-10-28 16:02:59 (edited by grryfindore 2018-10-28 16:18:29)

Hi,
Your point is correct, magurp244, there has to be a point where one just sets the foot down and says this is good enough, else those couple 10 dollers or that 2k rupee can turn out to be a 90k 80k machine  in the end lol
Thank you yet again for your valuable thoughts and advice!

When I bought up the gt 1030 point up with him, he says you pay around 9k for it, add another 3k? and you'll have double the performance with a 1050, but he agreed that if we keep at it though, that is keep on adding those 3k to anything at all, pretty soon we may have a beast of a machine but it'll cost an arm and a leg as well big_smile I guess as long as the price is decent and nothing major goes up in price I should be able to manage it.

Stuff is priced wierdly around here, I.E older motherboard for the same chipset costs a lot more than the newer one.
I sorted by price today, and I saw one 450b MSI motherboard that was costing quite a bit less than the MSI B350 TOMAHAWK.
The mobo that I am talking about is a MSI B450M PRO-VDH, although I don't know much about motherboards beyond the very basics, it seems similar enough, plus if it is as good as the TOMAHAWK, I could go for it instead, as I am going for a 2600x, but if the tomahawk has something such as better heatsink? capabilitys as compared to the pro-vdh thingy, I will stick with it instead, plus tomahawks mmm.

My final, or almost final build baring some major incompatibility or better offer should look like the following, comments welcome, and yes, it borrows heavyly from Exodus's build so yeah.
2 motherboards here because I am still undecided on those, and a few comments thoughts.

PCPartPicker part list: https://in.pcpartpicker.com/list/kGJpWD

motherboard:
MSI B450M PRO-VDH
MSI B350 TOMAHAWK
CPU:
AMD - Ryzen 5 2600X 3.6GHz (getting it at a great price) else back to 1600 it is.
Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory (do these need to be changed? the mobo says 2933 these are 3k so)
Storage: Western Digital - Green 240GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive (m.2 ssd drive, making use of the m.2 slot)
Storage: Seagate - Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive 
Video Card: Zotac - GeForce GTX 1050 2GB Mini Video Card, can add another 1k to the price and get gtx1050TI
Would it be worth the slight cost increment?
Case: Corsair - 100R ATX Mid Tower Case 
Power Supply: Corsair - CX (2017) 450W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply 
Thanks!
Grryf

Follow me on twitter

2018-10-29 03:38:20

If you're pulling the trigger on the ryzen 2600x, go for the b450 board. Some b350 boards are still being sent out with older bios that don't support ryzen 2xxx series processors. If you pick the 2600x plus TOMAHAWK combination their is a random chance of you getting a board with the old bios. You'd then have to contact AMD for a boot kit (They literally send you an older CPU that's compatible with the bios) so you can upgrade the bios on your motherboard. This will take time and only serve to piss you off because you just want to play with you're new build and can't tongue.
On the GPU side of things, the gt1030 would still be fine, but if you wan't to squeeze more GPU in there then drop the extra 1K for the 1050TI. There should be enough power in there to run most things at 1080P high. The card looks pretty tiny and doesn't have any huge heatpipes sticking out of it, so housing it in the case won't be a problem and it still draws power from the PCI slot.

Lastly, your ram will be set up for you  using it's xmp profile, so you'll still get your full 3000 mhz. The 2933 support is for JEDEC standards, but xmp allows you to go above  these.

I guess all that's left now is to say good luck with the build, drop in and let us know how it's going, or drop in when you're done to brag about how fast everything is.

Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.

2019-01-31 20:18:42 (edited by grryfindore 2019-01-31 20:20:00)

Hi,
After months of this topic and many ups and downs, I have finally brought all the components as per the list above and wanted to write to let you guys know how its going. smile
Currently I am getting used to the different keyboard layout entirely, with many typos as I have been using laptops for years and years now lol
And after all the hassel and pain, it feels kinda nice to be sitting here and using it.
Feels really fast although to be honest I haven't done much on it at all besides the drivers installations, windows updates and the like which brings me to asking a question I have and wonder if any of you can help me out.
Are there any softwares that you'd recommend I use to stress test and bench mark my pc? put the pc through its paces as it were to make sure its running fine?
  I'd prefer one software that's able to test a multitude of components rather than one for each of the components.
Sheesh, I have made so many typos whilst writing on this that its very clear I need to practice typing at least on a pc normal sized keyboard quite a lot smile
Thanks all again for all the advice that made me choose the final components, with special thanks at Exodus and magurp244. big_smile
Grryf.

Follow me on twitter

2019-02-01 05:51:17

Hi,
My keyboard voes continue, seriously though I need a wrist or a palmrest on this thing the arrow keys are too cloce...\
But I am sure you are not interested in reading about that. big_smile
I ran a benchmark like I said in my previous posts and here are the results.
UserBenchmarks: Game 46%, Desk 90%, Work 77%
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600X - 97.6%
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1050-Ti - 40%
SSD: Samsung 860 Evo 250GB - 120.4%
HDD: Seagate ST2000DM005-2CW102 2TB - 102%
USB: SRT USB 64GB - 29.2%
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000 C16 2x8GB - 80.6%
MBD: MSI B450M PRO-VDH (MS-7A38)
The Hdd is a bugger up though, as I asked for a st2006 and got a st2005, Will probably replace it but the problem is removing and insurting the drive... blarg.
Grryf

Follow me on twitter

2019-02-02 22:13:56

Oh man... Congrats on the build. By the looks of things, everything went went smoothly for you too minus your hdd situation.
On the subject of hdds, if you're after easy drive swapping you could fill your 5.25" bays with
some of these.
These are fantastic if you have a lot of stuff stored on 3.5" drives or you need to back up a lot of stuff and can't be bothered opening up your case to insert new drives.

2019-02-05 17:06:56

Hi,
Exodus, Indeed and your inputs helped a lot both with this build and the previous one for the friend. smile
These hdd caddys?actually look nice, now if only I can find an equivelent around here big_smile
I was wondering though, is there way to add more slots such as usb for my case on the front? I remember my mobo has 2 usb 3.0 front headers which means I can have 4 usb 3 on the front which is useful at times although honestly I can't imagine a senario where II'd need all the 4 slots, but 3 for sure would be handy. so ahem, my case does have 2 usb 3.0 slots on the front and those are able to be used just fine, my question is though how would I go about adding more to the front and utilize the other usb header?
I have gotten an pcie card for wifi, and wonder if bluetooth would be possible to add to this thing.

Also, I haven't puttered around my case to understand which are 3.5 bays and the 5.5 bays would like to know/ understand those too if possible.
Also, would it be possible to put in a hdd in myself without needing help?
Too many also's there and possibles but there we are again with a bucket load of questions smile
Grryf

Follow me on twitter