2021-04-08 18:34:16

do these games have any sort of automation? not asking for spoilers, but I've been playing the game dev one for a while and no automation yet, and it's getting a little bit tedious.

2021-04-08 19:29:38

It doesn't look like it

Who am I? Simply me!

2021-04-08 22:14:44 (edited by Warcat 2021-04-08 22:16:05)

Here is a list of prestigetree mods. Don't know if this gets updates.
https://yhvr.me/pt/mods.html
Accessible Games:
all under the "active" category, except Treequest
all in "Presumed Inactive" (as far as I can tell)
all in the "finished" category
haven't yet looked at the "Inactive" and "despacit" categories.

The Thing is that all prestigetree games do have more active gameplay than other incrementals. I think this is intentional, though i dont really know why.

2021-04-09 02:52:00

Can't speak for the other prestiege tree games, but plague tree looks interesting, although I wish you could see the achievements, since unless your looking at the right part of the screen, you tend to miss when you get one, and looking at the achievements tab, you just get told the names, not how to achieve them or which ones you've got.

I also am less fond of scientific notation and prefer standard numbers, but that's probably just me.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2021-04-09 18:51:55

Found another mod:
The Ascension Tree
https://ascensiontree.semenar.ru/
Here is a description from the dev:
{...} The Ascension Tree is an incremental game with unlimited amount of content. Progress through the prestige layers to get the most Points! Prestige layers have some differences: to the left you can find the NG- land, with slow-paced idle gameplay and small numbers; whilst to the right lies the land of NG+, the land of active gameplay and higher numbers. Only you choose in which direction to develop your own gameplay! Can you reach NG-10?

2021-04-14 07:55:24

Okay tried a few of these.
I confess, I like the mechanics of the prestiege tree games, I've tried plague tree and ascention tree, but in both cases, I just didn't feel I was getting enough content to keep my interest or give me meaningful milestones.
Less so with Plague tree, though it would've been nice if the achievements had a bit more focus and you could see what you had got and what you needed.

Ascention tree seems a little worse for this, given that even the points you get have weird names.

I tried incremental rpg, but this one has great potential but is down right disappointing, since unlike with civ clicker, once you buy all the things; which is possible within twenty minutes or so, literally nothing happens. Indeed, I suspect the research hostel upgrade which is supposed to unlock more things to buy might be broken.

Distance incremental I did like the idea of, since even though the text isn't informative, I can at least imagine the travel, albeit I really wish the achievements were more visible for this one.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2021-04-14 08:28:40

I don't get why achievement display is such a problem for so many of these games. I'd understand if mouse routing over them would at least tell you what was what, but in the case of games like Plague Tree, not even that works. All the other controls these games use are often totally fine and dandy with screen readers, but not the achievements.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2021-04-14 08:59:25 (edited by Dark 2021-04-14 09:08:04)

I suspect Antimatter dimensions is the real culprit, since a lot of these games seem to have used parts of its coding to create their systems including achievements, then again, rebuild the universe has nearly the same problem, although there at least when you get an achievement it shows up in an alert that NVDA speaks automatically, rather than popping up in a box somewhere on screen that you will only see if you happen to be looking at the right area at the time.

2021-04-16 03:14:20

I found an accessible version of Prestige Tree: Prestige Tree rewritten. https://jacorb90.github.io/Prestige-Tree/

2021-04-16 09:53:09

Thanks. Added to the list.

2021-04-17 05:47:08

I don't see how the game dev tree mod is accessible? everything can be read but for me only the release update button, and collapsing/expanding the branches really do anything. for example, I can't ask my friend to help me, or get motivational upgrades by the updates I already have, etc. What can I be doing wrong. I'm just using arrows and enter/space to activate buttons, but I also trie dmoving my mouse to them and clicking it like I would if i were using OCR.

2021-04-17 18:29:57

You need to expand the first branch, then release an update to get one point. You have to use that point to get the friend upgrade I think, then things go on from there.

2021-04-17 23:55:51

I get that point, but I mean I just can't get anything to activate other than releasing updates and collapsing/expanding the branches.

2021-04-18 02:59:42

Look at the text with the buttons. They will tell you how much of a given resource you require. When you press them, nothing will appear to happen, but if you check the required resource, you will notice that the effect activated and the resource was used.

2021-04-18 18:49:41

that is the thing. Something would say one update, I'd click it, and I can't see the update going down, I don't make them automatically. Nothing is really happening.

2021-04-29 19:03:06

Dynas Tree added to prestige tree mod section. More of these might follow in future since there's apparently a fandom with a list of them.

2021-05-01 19:11:46

Electric tree added to tpt mod list.

2021-05-03 13:02:33

I've hit an inaccessible point in Dynas Tree. After a while you unlock a military and the only way to attack land is to click icons on a graphical map. I may reach out to the developer if I can find them later but I just wanted to let everyone know.

2021-05-15 10:38:56 (edited by icemaster 2021-05-15 10:40:11)

Cheerful ghost has made a version of civclicker available on github. The original site seems to be down.
https://cheerfulghost.github.io/civ-clicker/

Languages don't influence the way we think, but they still have a world and worth in themselves. Celebrate your mother tongue, the world is a diverse place.

2021-05-15 18:32:30

Thanks. First post updated.

2021-06-01 15:46:25

Wow, what a list. Thanks for compiling this. Would love to play a civilization game that allows me to build and raise families. Something like Virtual Villagers I suppose. I would love to have the city building mix with the family building. To be able to watch my characters lives progress along with their civilization. Not sure if that's what Civ Clicker allows or not. If there is a game that does that please let me know!

2021-06-01 17:28:41

I want there to be a game like that.

Who am I? Simply me!

2021-06-01 19:16:18

@heartssong, the closest I've seen in an incremental game is kittens game, which lets you have named characters with jobs and professions, though no children or families, since random new village members will just pop up when you build more accommodation.

I would love to see that in a game though.

2021-06-28 16:33:52

hi guys. sorry for reviving this topic but it seems like towncenter is gone.

hi. i am a dark matter miner. yeah, i am setting mines that when something steps on it, it will explode and release huge amount of dark matters. oh sorry... i am a slave miner, i am mining dark matters...

2021-06-28 17:55:32

So the listing for space company needs to be updated, because there are massive updates going on, in a different version. The link is:
https://ngspacecompany.exileng.com/
There is also a very active discord.

Who am I? Simply me!