2018-04-12 21:57:19

Hello!
I just discovered this game today and it looks pretty good, with resource management, army recruiting, teritory conquering and stuff like that. Didn't have time to text it more extensively, though.
The game will require locale emulator to run correctly as the sapi speech is not in unicode.
The text is copyable with CTRL C
Sorry for the chaotic post, but you know,. life is coming!
Here is the link
http://scwl.bj.bcebos.com/assg/total_pa … SanGuo.exe

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Telegram: Nuno69a
E-Mail: nuno69a (at) gmail (dot) com

2018-04-12 23:50:54

Will be interested to see what impressions are of this one. Sad again that the is no way to get sapi to output properly, or at least for the game to use NVDA.

Discord: clemchowder633

2018-04-13 06:57:47

Well, only if i could hear any text and could copy anything. I installed the game and when i launch it with locale emulator, it just drops me in the main menu with no text which i can hear or copy.

Hail, Daughter of Hatred. Creator of Sanctuary. Hail...Lilith.

2018-04-13 06:59:16

@assaultFreak, if you launch the game through LE, SAPI will output properly
@arnold, press ctrl C to copy the current text to the clipboard

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.

2018-04-13 07:55:12 (edited by assault_freak 2018-04-13 07:57:23)

But you still have to pick the correct voice... where does that happen? I ran another game through LE as well, the game based on being a swordsman.. and opening it using LE gives me a Sapi error and doesn't even start. These games are very frustrating.

2018-04-13 07:56:22

This one will. I checked. You open the TTS settings dialog with alt Y

2018-04-13 08:22:30

this game should is Warriors the three kingdoms

2018-04-13 19:45:23

Very cool about the theme, thank you for confirming. I've always wanted an accessible game based on that novel... and thanks nuno for checking. But I'm still sad that I can't play the linjian game that was posted here awhile ago.

2018-04-13 20:00:49

@AssaultFreak
Here is the walkthrough for registering, if you'll ever need it
www.nuno-srv.pl/Sanguo.wav

2018-04-13 20:09:55

Actually, thanks. I need this exact thing right now... because for some reason, I can't figure out how to navigate my way around this screen. It feels very clunky and unstable, and focus seems to change a lot... I wish I could just use NVDA for these chinese games, that would make my life a lot easier. But at least copying text works, though.

2018-04-13 20:11:09

Hm! How could the cursor work wrong? Maybe you're trying to navigate with up and down arrows, not left and right?

2018-04-13 20:17:18

Two questions. 1, why do I have to change tts settings every single time I start the game? 2, I'm geting no sound, and I can't figure out what is causing that. And occasionally I get a message telling me accessibility has been turned on.

2018-04-13 20:18:37

Did you change the path to unicode characters when the game was installing? Like
\d:\Sanguo
If not, please do. This should resolve the saving issue.

2018-04-13 20:21:55

Going to try reinstalling this game, as well as the other one. I like to give every new game a chance, even if I'm not sure I will enjoy it or not... but the Chinese ones are especially frustrating.

2018-04-13 21:32:08

Everything seems to be working now! Just wish the other game was working ow, too.

2018-04-13 21:34:59

You won't lauch Lingysun through LE, it just won't connect to the server.

2018-04-13 21:42:49

So what is the proper way to play this game then without LE?

2018-04-13 21:57:15

I actually don't know. I tried changing the system locale to chinese but it didn't help. The developer says he will look in to that.

2018-04-13 22:12:12 (edited by assault_freak 2018-04-13 22:15:11)

So there's no way for us to play this game right now? Because I might actually enjoy that one more... lol. Other than these two, ROTK and the Tomb Mystery game, are there any others? We should start a database for these games as well... I ust wish the Chinese ones were as easy to set up as the Japanese ones.

2018-04-13 22:31:09

Hey man, that's not a bad idea. I will upload all the chinese games I have plus the instructions tomorrow.
An we can play Lingyun, just copy the text with ctrl C.

2018-04-13 22:46:24

Ok. Two more questions then... I should be ok after that.

using clipreader, I can get copied text to read automatically right? Is say tools required for that?

Also, how do I get copied clipboard text to translate in qtranslate then read automatically? I speak Chinese, but my online and gaming vocabulary is lacking, because I never used those words growing up, so I do need it on occasion.

Third question that I just thought of.. how do you play the mobile versions of these games?

2018-04-13 23:09:42

1. Yes
2. Control comma if you use my preconfigured version
3. I just try to learn chinese anyway so its a good exercise.

2018-04-14 02:39:49 (edited by assault_freak 2018-04-14 03:04:45)

No, I mean how to access the mobile versions... because if there's no way other than copying every line of text for lin yun xin yu, then I'd rather play it on my phone, nless there's a way to get it to read properly on the computer. And in the case of translation.. I have to copy the text then hit control comma, correct? Still a little more work than I'd like... but I can manage it. Japanese games still have the easiest working process. Control comma is also not working to translate and read the translated text.

2018-04-14 04:06:33

Sorry for the double post, but trying to figure out both these games. Does QTranslate 6.4 not work with this patch? The version from the guide isn't letting me download because it's over its serving quota. The patched commands and settings don't work with QTranslate 6.4.

2018-04-14 06:04:43

do you have clip reader? you need that  for NVDA reading the clipboard automaticly when you translate with q translate.
and then again, I haven't try this game yet.