2018-06-19 20:14:27

Hi all,

Another few additions and changes:

1. in one of the area's, a random quest can be triggered. This kind of quests will be used more in various other area's as well, but i first wanted to test how this system would turn out to be. And the first tests were good. Now i only have to expand on the story of the quest. cause right now i used short and simple sentinces smile
2. two of the random events made it in dalgrim wich dark mentioned. These random events can be show up in certain spots in dalgrim. More random events wich were suggested by you guys will make it in the game later as well big_smile

Keep the feedback coming, and keep the discussion alive big_smile

Greetz mike

Visit the following website to see what games we have:
http://www.nonvisiongames.com
Or the following English marketplace to see what retrogames and game merchandise I am selling:
https://www.retro-kingdom.com

2018-06-27 16:51:45

Hi all,

Just done another few additions:

1. added the harvesting basket to the general store, the inventory and in the harvesting parts of the game. So, harvesting without a harvesting basket won't work anymore.
2. Added the dull scythe, to the harvesting woman, the inventory and to the grain harvesting of the game. Harvesting with a harvesting basket, but with no dull scythe, will only result in harvesting 0 grain.
3. Fixed another few misspelled grain words.

Greetz mike

Or the following English marketplace to see what retrogames and game merchandise I am selling:

2018-07-01 14:56:05 (edited by pelantas 2018-07-01 14:57:09)

hi all,
another few additions & changes:

1. added the flitter storm random event to the dalgrim area.
2. added the getting robbed random event to the dalgrim area.
3. added the 8th quest, see below wich one.
4. The highway men will still show up, but when you first have encountered the travelling cleric and accepted it's quest, you can deal with the highway men, and remove them from the grain fields area.

I said it's, cause our intent is that this cleric remains open to interpretation, it can be a woman, but also a male.

Greetz mike

2018-07-01 16:09:37

great to hear, awesome to see all this neat stuff coming together.

2018-07-01 20:44:13 (edited by pelantas 2018-07-01 20:45:43)

Hi,

@bookrage,

I am glad you like the additions/changes we make smile
We are currently at beta version 2.2, but when the new stuff gets released, i think we will be at beta 3, but i don't think we ever will get out of beta versions as long as development and tweaking happens smile

@others
Stay tuned for more random events wich will be added later smile

Btw, bugs can still exist. It Always can, but we will hammer them out as soon as we can when discovered.

Greetz mike

2018-07-01 23:23:55

Some suggestions to weather changes if not already implemented:
slight rain, heavy rain, fog, thunder storms and hurricanes could happen wich can destroy things or in terms of fog, make it difficult to see and find things, for example while exploring.

2018-07-02 12:17:47

Hi,

@niklas

thanks for your suggestion. There is no weather system in the game, but i certainly can do something with weather in certain area's, for example, a thunderstorm while being in the forest, where a random event can be you seeking shelter under a tree. From there a random result can occur, you losing hp when it is a bad one, or getting an energy point while being a positive one. With the hurricane i also can create a random event, but then on the beach, also a random result here, when a negative one, you can be blown to one of several rooms in the near direction, and while a positive one, it will get you some combat xp.

Just to name a few examples smile Don't know how these examples sound to you?

Greetz mike

2018-07-02 13:22:15

that sounds great to me. Cool examples, this way, more Events can happen.

2018-07-02 14:33:44

Hi,

oh yeah, i completely agree. Right now i am coding a lot in the random events system. to name another example, two quests can be triggered by just triggering random events. Wich can be done after combat, at two spots in dalgrim, or just by harvesting. I am very proud on what the project became the past years. As said in the 1st post, it all started as a joke from koma. We both never imagined it to become on what it is today. Of course, there are a few restrictions by the methods we use. For example, coding a hotkey to close the game, such as Alt + f4, can't be easely done, unless an inmence aount of work gets done. But exitting the game as it is right now, will suit the need for the function. So i think we will keep it with how it is now.

On another note, what would you guys think when i dig through my online harddrives to see if i can find all previous versions of your_adventure? It can be that some archives are missing, but beta 1, alpha 3, alpha 2 and alpha 1? as i said, it is possible i miss one of these, but would be cool, wouldn't it?

Greetz mike

2018-07-02 20:58:12

Hi all,

Just added the thunderstorm random event wich i mentioned in one of my posts above.

Greetz mike

2018-07-02 21:25:39

just wondering, I have a couple ideas.

1. if not mentioned above, a blizzard which can happen in any outdoor area. it can either hurt you, give you some sort of experience, or hurt your energy. You can also get lost and it can reandomly move you to somewhere else in the game.
fog: no damage but can get you lost and move your character somewhere else.
2.  elite monsters/champions: these monsters are major heroes or villains that appear at random in any dungeon setting and can show up anywhere. They are especially hard and encountering them should be a big deal. defeating them gives either a ton of experience, a lot of gold, unique items you can't get any other way that do things like make you a super-woodsman or angler or opens special quests or areas.
flood: can happen in the sewers at any time and can happen in outdoor areas like the grain fields or the forest in the spring. The flood drains energy but gives experience. Or if things go well it gives you more max energy or xp and maybe you get a fish in the process.
insect swarm: makes it so you can't harvest in a particular place for a bit. It is basically a swarm of locusts or something swoop down on crops or plants and  makes it so you have to wait a bit for them to regrow.
forest fire/brushfire: a raging fire goes through the forest. Harvesting in the wider zone becomes easier for some things like mushrooms and such, but you can also take damage from it. brushfire is for open areas, while brushfire is for the grain fields or other grassland/field areas later.
red tide: keeps you from fishing on the beach or with the fisherman, also can deal damage.
house fire: You rush in and save someone or something from a burning building in Dolgrim or another city, you might take some damage or lose energy in the process but you can get gold or maybe even start to get access to a  quest or special area in the town. A suggestion for the quest is you have to get wood and also food to help a family get started again after losing stuff.
cold snap: Most common in winter but can happen anytime in an outdoor place.: you take damage to either energy or  health, if you have warm clothes something good happens in the cold instead.

quest ideas

Get Well basket: the player must gather several kinds of fruit and make a fruit basket which requires bread, berries, and depending on how you do other areas or fruit in the future, other kinds of fruit.
The tailor: if you introduce tailoring into the game, you could have us make dye from berries or fruit. A tailor could also give us a quest to make clothes. Clothes of certain kinds could protect us from certain hazards. For example, we could make a coat to protect ourselves from winter cold or random events that involve cold, wearing the coat means we are given an alternate event where things go well.

that's all I have for now.

2018-07-03 00:23:00

Hi

@bookrage,

thanks for your list. I will note them down to my list of possible new additions smile Some of them sound very awsome, and others will come in handy in the future. For example your idea of the house on fire random event could be a cool requirement to unlock a quest. It certainly can be done, but i have to think on where to get this in, or that i want it on the list for later. Very good suggestions. My list is getting longer and longer smile

Keep it coming guys. With all these suggestions the main game gets better and better. I will keep adding stuff in till a certain point, don't know what the point will be yet, but when we reached that point, all other suggestions will be for later. But keep them coming for sure, i mean, we can code stuff in, but it should be a game for everyone to enjoy, that's why the suggestions from you all is golden to us.

Probably a bit to soon, but does someone also have suggestions for the castlevania add-on?

Greetz mike

2018-07-03 16:15:27

I am liking the sound of where things are going, especially with random events etc, after all the more that you can be surprised  whilst harvesting etc, the better the game will be.

I'd love the seasons to play a real part in gameplay as they would in reality. For example, while weather itself need not be implemented, you could use weather based flags to make certain events show up more often, for example a thunderstorm would be more likely in summer or autumn, rain would be more likely in winter or spring, and  forest fires would be more a risk in summer.

likewise, it would be cool if harvesting could at least vaguely reflect seasons, for example in some seasons some crops are harder to find, for example maybe wheat is more common in summer and autumn, while mushrooms and berries are more common in winter, and flowers or flax are more common in spring.

I also love the idea of randomising monsters a bit and having a few stronger monsters kicking around.
Uncharted peak used to have a really interesting three tier system. You'd get normal monsters, like seagles, alligators etc, then you'd get stronger monsters with a suffix such as rabid seagle, monstrous aligator, viscious goblin etc, then you'd get even stronger ones with both a suffix and a sirname, like rabbid seagle flock leader, evil alligator, maneater, dire goblin champion etc.

There were I think two  five or six suffixes for each monster  along with two or three names, which meant lots of monsters.

Obviously this is a rather complicated generation system, but I'm personally always one of adding extra information to anything and different types, since it always makes the game feel fresh. Look at the wastes as a great example.

You don't even have to stop at different types of monsters either, you could occasionally  create other objects that earn an  extra description, for example, your bog standard cooked salmon could just earn you five energy, but delicious, or succulent or tender  cooked salmon could earn you 7 or 8 energy, likewise, when item crafting gets into the game, why stop at just making a bronze scythe when you could make a balanced bronze scythe, a well crafted bronze scythe etc, since after all, just because two cooks, or smiths, or tailors or whatever have the same basic recipe, that doesn't mean the product they create will be of the same quality?

obviously this is getting complex, but hay for my view the more complexity the better.

As far as the castlevania area goes, its a little difficult for me to suggest anything for it when I'm not %100 sure what exactly it involves, I know it involves Dalgrim's lord's castle, but is he a good or a bad lord? heck at the moment for all we know it's much like that other castlevania and full of vampires and such big_smile.

So, it'll be easier to suggest when we know the location a bit more, but I'm personally really looking forward to seeing it.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2018-07-04 00:07:07

Hi all,

the beach area also got it's first random event, wich is the hurricane in wich there is a chance you get blown off of your shoes and crashland somewhere else nearby. But should you be successful in this random event, you'll receive a point in combat expierience. This random event only can appear while in summer.
- redesigned the way of random events appearing, at first only while doing an activitie random events could show up, right now, while entering or leaving an area a random event can show up now as well. As far as i know, all area's present will deal with ti this way now.
- rewritten the tekst you geet when encountering the bring back the child to safety quest. I still had to do this one, cause when creating it i only used sentinces as: "You encounter a little child wandering around, do you want to take it home?", not very informative isn't it?
big_smile

@dark

i think i can give some more information about the castlevania add-on, but at first, we aren't ready for release yet, also not even ready for testing smile But the domain castlevania is the domain of the lord of dalgrim. Wich is a honourable and kind man, but, his land is getting through a problematic time, wich will be unvealed in the several quests wich will be coded for castlevania. The land is peaceful, and while guards are patrolling through the Streets, tehy rarely need their weapon. But however they patrol as if they were on a holiday, you certainly wouldn't get entangled with one of them in combat.

In short, castlevania is the domain of dalgrim's lord, it is a rich, peaceful land, guards are patrolling and rarely need their weapons. Commerce is flowing, but the land is getting through uncertain times smile

It will be a large castle, with a seasable plot of land surrounding it, you eventually can call it it's own city, like dalgrim, but in fact it is the castle's terrain.

hopefully this makes it some more clear smile

Keep in mind, all written above can eventually change. But i think this will be the info i can give about castlevania right now.

Greetz mike

2018-07-04 00:29:13

okay then, here's an idea for the castle.

1. I was expecting something different as castlevania is a popular game series about Dracula and other gothic and Victorian horror monsters from Konami so I was expecting more of a haunted castle zone.
2. that said, you could have a dangerous area with undead monsters like ghosts, maybe a vampire or two, or gargoyles in some ruined part of the castle or crypts.
3. you could also have crooked guards or an evil member of the Lord's family plotting against him.
4. If we're going for the classics, you could also have a rags and riches story quest with either an lord's family member man or woman or a general or something high up in the lord's retenue wanting to get the love of some lower-class character like a gardener or a yeoman farmer. Perhaps to help this lower-class person help the Lord, you have to get some rare item, either by making it or finding it on a tough monster or simply finding it lying around in some out-of-the-way place.
5. a new skill trainer in the area could give you skills that are archery or knight related.
6. bandit raids could happen in a far corner of the new zone.
7. One of the NPCs is a spy, you somehow have to find out which one.
8. Someone in the castle has been poisoned. You have to go out and make the antidote to save them.
9. some of the animals have gotten loose into the fields and you have to drive them back. This could be temporary monsters that wander the zone before you finish the quest. Or you might need something else to keep the animals away from the crops. An animal running loose could also be an issue for the grain fields as an unfortunate random event.
10. You have to help a disinherited member of the Lord's family regain face with them.
11. either in Castlevania or the forest, a group of virtuous thieves sort of like robin hood that you could work with if you don't want the evil bandits thing.

2018-07-04 10:54:10

Hi

@bookrage,

I think i choose the name castlevania without knowing that there also was a castlevania game series ... But it is not based on the castlevania games. But i will go to your suggestions, cause there were a few wich were very good, or were already in the plans smile

1. About the animals running loose in the fields. There is a place in castlevania in wich horses run around bewildered, and were you get the chance to help the stablehand into catching a few. By battling with them, and at some point throw a lasso. this lasso the stablehand loans to you, and when authem arrives, you will lose the lasso. As you probably guessed, this event is available only during summer. And can earn you a little extra gold for your trouble. But killing the horse won't help you progress through this event.
2. the skill trainer is the part in one of the quests we have in mind. This will be a paladin wich is in need of a sparring partner, when you win the combat, you'll get one of two, probably more, skills as reward. You'll have the choice to purchase the other ones for a heafty fay. You probably can imagine, that this skills will be warrior and holy magic like. But also a small healing skill smile
3. there will be a dangerous dark creature in the castle itself, wich is also a quest. I was thinking of a basilisk.
4. crypts, i hadn't thought about that one yet, probably family crypts? Don't know the exact word for this.
5. Certainly, there should also be an area in wich combat can be done. I haven't thought about that one myself yet eitehr. And i probably can write one or a few quests for that darker part of castlevania as well, thanks.
6. This also will come in handy for the next upgrade i want to do, the first ghost in the game, but wich will be free. You'll get an item for that quest, wich will enable you perform physical combat with a ghost. I won't reveal anything plot related to this quest, but it will be randomly triggered in one of the free area's.
7. about the other points i have to think about, Some of them surely should be able to code in. But don't know how yet.

Apart from that, updates to castlevania after release will still happen. And be send out to people who bought it for sure.

Thanks smile

Greetz mike

2018-07-04 23:52:42

Hi, a general suggestion for the game: Maybe in quests or in some areas, stealth elements would be cool. For example for ambushes or special enemies where you have to do some tasks stealthy and quiete.

2018-07-07 09:14:34

Hi,

@niklas,

Thanks for your suggestion, it is noted down, can be a very useful and fun aspect of the game to have smile

Thanks a lot to you all guys, for thinking so much together with us!

greetz mike

2018-07-07 21:18:56

high pelantas how i can get this new updaits? please help me

2018-07-07 21:48:26

Hi,

These updates aren't available to the public yet. It morely are update logs so the community knows on what to expect in the next update. Sure, i asume a lot of those will need further refinement, but they aren't available yet smile

Greetz mike

2018-07-10 23:12:49 (edited by pelantas 2018-07-10 23:13:45)

Hi all,

I am slowly progressing through the 9th quest wich i am implementing. It isn't a very huge one, but i am short on time, so am coding it in bit by bit. But the fundamental parts of the quest are present, even a new small area wich isn't finished yet. This area will consist of around 5 rooms and will be a small graveyard. In wich the most spooky ghosts will be roaming around wich you ever will meet muhahahaha … Oh … Sorry, i am just the humble dev, not the death overlord of the graveyard. Sometimes i keep on forgetting on that small detail. But don't be fooled on this graveyard. You won't trigger any quest there as of yet, but it will play a very important role in completing it.

Anyhow the death over programmer lord will … uhm, i will go to bed, and hopefully finish the small area tomorrow smile

Greetz mike

2018-07-10 23:18:44

tell me and the others when there are actually updates for us to download and enjoy. I love that you are telling us what you are coding but let us know when there are more things for us to get.

2018-07-11 06:40:57

Hi,

@bookrage

Would you prefer i remain silend about small additions and tweaks till there is something to get? If so, and others want this as well then i will smile

Greetz mike

2018-07-11 07:44:16

i personally like to be informed about small additions and such. This way, we know that there's still something Happening, so Keep it up like you do.

2018-07-11 09:01:53

Hi,

@niklas

thanks for your reply smile
I personally like it to inform the community this way as well, but what my oppinion is doesn't matter that much, cause informing about updates should be done in a way taht almost everyone is comfortable with.

Greetz mike