2017-12-21 22:06:22

hi
when i m run edge of winter i m lost game
music

2017-12-21 22:13:27

Well.
Good luck with getting all links.
I was able to get 2 of my download links yesterday for griff1 and aeric but I never got griff2 or kurt which I had brought ages ago.
So I decided to buy the entire pack again even though I had the games allready just so I could get the links.
On getting the games griff1 has messed up panning and on griff2 while I hear just about every sound the panning is still semi messed up, as well as this the dx9 dll is corrupted so you will need to copy this from griff2 which I still have thank god I do.
The monkey bonanza doesn't have a shortcut to it sadly and I had fundoodling with it but the portals never functioned at all and well.
I have managed to play both games now.
Now if you buy the games or are a user of the games I do have a backup of the links location which I could send to those that want installers in case they don't get them all.
This shouldn't be the case really but who knows.
I am not sure how good jiros database is, I remember I have steampunk, the clock addon pack, edge of winter, kurtwolf, airik and griffs 1 and 2.
I recieved the test folder for edge of winter, aerik and griff1.
I can't be bothered waiting for upgrades however saying that.
It may not be worth it to people with the game.
For griffs 1 and 2, the only reason I'd update at all is that there are a few instabilities in the game with v1, these are fully fixed.
As I said, these games while still really good are not on my high priority list.
I only buy them to get the upgrades which is really sad, but I now have the link to the file with the links in it and well lets hope things stay up for a bit.
Some of the pits in griff2 do not voice to which is sad but oh well, at least messed up that it could be ariek and kurt work fine and at least its an update.
It could be better but I'll take anything at this point.As for buying the games, I am no longer sure about  edge of winter, the others could be quite fun, if I get into edge who knows.

2017-12-22 01:12:11

Hhow much is each game if i were to buy them separately? is the bundle pack really worth $24?

PSN ID: AvidLitRPGer
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AvidLitRPGer
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AvidLitRPGer
leave me a message saying how you found me.

2017-12-22 03:01:03 (edited by keyIsFull 2017-12-22 03:02:23)

It sounds like the developer is still up to his usual shenanigans, with tons of people complaining about sounds panning incorrectly, startup crashes or whatever. either he has not tested it on various system configurations, or the installation instructions are unclear since results seem to vary. I don't know why people are buying the games over and over again when they don't get the links they want, either. it's time to stop hoping and start seeing facts: this developer has not changed a bit.

But really, why give this guy money at all? Would you go buy a flashy piece of tech if tons of people complained that it barely worked, if at all? I would not. I don't understand why you guys are motivating him to keep on doing this with his future games by paying him for shoddy untested code. It's time to stop blindly spending money; it's only condoning these deplorable practices. Your money talks, and it is right now telling all developers that they can get away with charging you for buggy games that barely work. I am sure that Gyro22 isn't really being malicious, but he is definitely not putting his software through the necessary quality control, and attention to detail is an expectation when it comes to audio games these days. No developer should be getting away with charging for unpolished merchandise, no matter how new they are. And this developer is not even anywhere near new, having been making software for us for over 5 years. It's time to complain and to show him that laziness won't pay. Because that's what the pattern is showing. Laziness all around. Cheap add-studded website. A word document containing links instead of a checkout system built-in. A hastily-built installer that confuses people and doesn't seem to even install the correct dependencies. Easily detectable bugs such as missing sounds and music that could be easily found by just running the game on a few varied computers. And i won't even get into the actual content of some of the games, though watching pG 13 play Grif and Grif 2 can give you some insight into that. Wake up guys, these games aren't your dream come true.

I like to sleep, Sleep is good,
This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!
Follow @TheGreatAthlon5 on twitter for humorous facts and game updates!
If you like my posts, thumb me up!

2017-12-22 05:43:04

I apologize for any existing technical issues. We're working hard to fix them as we've already been working hard to make sure these work for you guys. When it was mentioned about the Edge manual and desktop icon issues, we resolved this immediately. Thank you. I care about quality assurance, which is why I'm taking my time with a testing team to ensure Edge is of great quality. Nothing will stop me. True, the games have their technical issues, but the reason many gamers here say they are special games is because there's a lot of heart to be found in them. Thank you for helping me everyone. I'm very grateful.

I mostly wanted to make links no longer expire, they do not expire.
I wanted to feature install wizards for each of the games, they have them.
I'm not after money, the collection makes the games only 7 dollars each.
Many people here get charged $39 a game or more and I didn't want that. I wanted to offer audio games
which behave more like video games without charging a lot for them. To some people, everyone is up to no good.

These folders auto-update. It's why I chose dropbox.
Thank you everyone.

Rome wasn't built in a day. And I wasn't built to give up.

Merry Christmas

2017-12-22 13:13:13

Hay Jyro22, I just downloaded and installed all your game demos.
All work fine except for grif 2 which gives this whenever I launch it.
griff2.exe - Application Error
The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000005). Click
OK to close the application.
OK

Any help on this would be much appreciated, even if it takes an update to fix it.
Marry Christmas!
Later!

2017-12-22 13:30:35

Hi all.
Firstly, i emailed jyro 2 days ago for the installers, but i never got them yet.
@crashmaster, please pm me the installers for errick, and griff1 and 2?
Also, i would love to test edge of winter.

Hopefully, we'll get a fully accessible open world game someday.

2017-12-22 17:09:09

Moderation!

@Rtt entertainment,  I appreciate there have been problems with  Breakerbox gamed distribution, however that is no reason to essentially start trying to steal the games.
if you have a problem please take it up with Jyro directly, requests to obtain  commercial games without paying are directly against developers interest and the  forum policy.
this is an official warnin any further discussion of game theft, irrispective of the reasons and you will be banned from the forum.

@Crashmaster, the same goes for you, if we find you've been using the forum to distribute commercial games to people without payment then you'll also be banned.

I do appologise for being harsh about this, but  given the small number of  potential audiogame customers, we really can't make  exceptions, especially when Jyro is attempting to correct the problem.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2017-12-22 18:24:38

Hi all.
@dark, sorry about that, wasn't really thinking when i posted.
It won't  happen again, sorry.

2017-12-22 18:42:57

No problem Rtt, I appreciate the frustration,   though I do  very much hope Jyro  solves the situation since that would be better for all concerned.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2017-12-22 19:25:14

Hi dark.
The reason for my frustration, is the fact that i had to wait nearly a month after purchasing griff 1 and 2 before i got both the games.
I later emailed jyro, asked him for installers [this was before the updates], and he said that the installers would be coming very shortly, but its a year later.
I understand if he's busy.
When the new installers were announced, i emailed him asking for the installers for the purchased games, 2 or 3 days ago, nothing.
I asked on the forum yesterday, no.
I understand if he's busy, but is it so hard to give 3 installers via email?
Sorry if i'm being overboard.

2017-12-22 23:04:01

I have to agree with Assault and SLJ. That said I want it understood that I intend no disrespect to Jyro. I will, however, believe it when I see it. I'd also like to know where to get the updated installs of the games I ordered. I hope things become more transparent than they have been. Breakerbox has had a lot of good ideas and the games and demos they've released have had a lot of good atmosphere. I also thoroughly enjoyed voicing Airik and the other characters I voiced. But like others the past few years have made me extremely skeptical.

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

2017-12-23 00:48:39

Well.
As I said before till there is a recovery system in place, I guess if you say you have the games I can send the installers, but it aint my job.
I only got my installers for 2 of my games 2 days ago and spent the dollars on the full pack.
If you can't be bothered waiting then this is probably the way to go.
I did send someone them before I read dark's message, but dark has ruled I can't and so I won't be doing that anymore.
As for griff2 for now the d3d dll is dammaged copy things over and that will be ok from another game.
As for what you are getting.
I have not noticed a load of difference with the binaries we first got and the installers.
Griff2 has a new mini monkey game with no shortcuts to it but its about.
Griff2 had mangled sound as did 1.
There are issues with 1 and 2 binaries crashing in the middle of levels and on griff1 old version as compaired to the newer version there are jumping issues fixed but there is nothing really new.

2017-12-23 03:26:12

I bought the holiday bundle, but it didn't apere in my drop box.

2017-12-23 09:01:51

I installed the demo of edge of winter but When I load a game it doesn't put me where I left off in the bedroom.
and also, When I start the game the volume settings are always saved at 100 instead of my chosen preference.
is this a bug?

2017-12-23 10:47:40

RTT entertainment wrote:

Hi dark.
The reason for my frustration, is the fact that i had to wait nearly a month after purchasing griff 1 and 2 before i got both the games.
I later emailed jyro, asked him for installers [this was before the updates], and he said that the installers would be coming very shortly, but its a year later.
I understand if he's busy.
When the new installers were announced, i emailed him asking for the installers for the purchased games, 2 or 3 days ago, nothing.
I asked on the forum yesterday, no.
I understand if he's busy, but is it so hard to give 3 installers via email?
Sorry if i'm being overboard.

Well, I see no reason to take my words back yet. This is just, as usual. When buying an digital product over the internet, a customer can expect to get the product at leased in one day.
I hate to say this, but: As long as you haven't got what you have payed for, you have just given Jyro a nice Christmas present.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2017-12-23 15:25:48

As for me, I never got anywhere with either Edge of Winter or Curt Wolf. I kept getting lost LOL.

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

2017-12-23 23:10:35

Probably should have a database of people who ordered? You do not toy with money. I don't care what else you fuck around with but shady business practices like this piss me off, or not the business itself but that people continue to feed it. Get the shit sorted out or I suggest people sue you for fraud.

Follow me on twitch
And
Subscribe to my youtube
Leave a thumbs up if you like what I write.

2017-12-23 23:46:13

Individually the games are $12.99, escept for Kurt Wolf which is $9.99.

2017-12-25 02:15:17

is the full version of edge of winter complete?
I would need help on how to get to the kitchen.

2017-12-25 05:10:30

Hey jyro!
Are there other way for me to buy the game beside paypal? Because I do not have paypal.

Hearthstone Tag ID: RobotWizard#1265216

2017-12-25 10:13:59

Nick wrote:

is the full version of edge of winter complete?
I would need help on how to get to the kitchen.

You'll find the answer in the first post...

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2017-12-30 03:24:32

Hello, hope you had a nice Christmas.

the following are solutions to common issues you can try. I've tested all the released games thoroughly on multiple Windows 10 and Windows 7 machines and I have very few issues aside from one or two minor ones in Airik later in the game such as in the final level. Installers work perfectly and the download page opens automatically following a purchase, so I've done a pretty thorough job at making sure these work, however there are some system issues known to occur depending. Check out these solutions and if your issue isn't resolved by this list, please email me at [email protected], I'm happy to help.
Not playing all music or sounds? Make sure you've installed the ogg vorbis codec included in any of the game's folders. This installer will ensure your computer can play ogg audio files.
D3D issues or DirectX make sure you have the most recent version of Direct X. Microsoft offers this for free.
Make sure you're not running a program like Avast, as it tends to clash with the game engine.
Character stepping on their own? Be sure that you plugged your controller in prior to playing and that nothing's leaning on your thumb stick. Be sure that you're running the game on a Windows based operating system, either Vista, 7, 8 or 10. You will get unexpected issues when trying to run on emulated Windows from a Mac or when trying to run from a Mac or Linux machine. I don't claim Mac or Linux compatibility for these games. Though I'll see what I can do about Mac compatibility for the next games.

Working on some of the Edge bugs this weekend. This list is for the other four games, Airik, Kurt, Griff and Griff 2.

Thank you!

2018-01-01 06:37:22

Hello.
I have tried Kurtwolf demo.
It seems that jumping in this game is buggggy.
many time, when i press space to jump, it didn't jump and the character continues walking and die.
it happens most of the time.
also, the game is slow, and finding your way is not enough accessible. because there is no way to find out your direction and many time you turn around and go to the way that you are came from it.

All the best,
Adel, Akbari.