2018-10-21 03:49:50 (edited by assault_freak 2018-10-21 05:04:05)

Um... I don't think so. Because once you click story, you are placed into the chapter selection for the main story, at least as far as I can tell. There are no switchable tabs like in tekken 7, but I don't know if you have to unlock character stories first or not.

Discord: clemchowder633

2018-10-21 07:09:44

Update on Soul Chronicle. Others may know this, but for those who don't...

Hani was kind of right when he said to go down after clicking story mode. You start on the main story which is on a horrizontal timeline which requires you to move left and right between chapters. Below the main story are the character stories which are also individually on horrizontal timelines. So for example, Mitsurugi is the first one right below the main story and as you play through it, you move further along his timeline. Going down will bring you to the next character. I just read somewhere online that libra of souls unlocks events for soul chronicle at some point... but I don't know how true that is.

2018-10-21 14:00:40

ah, thanks Assault.  I haven't touchced that yet, didn't play since Friday.
Looking forward to discussing this with you and others on here.   I do not regret paying full price at all, unlike dbz fighterz, which I'm glad I got half off on.  It's not a bad game, just now my cup of tea.  far too fast and chaotic.

2018-10-21 16:06:08

I can safely say this is my favorite fighter to come out in years. This will almost certainly revive the series, and that's a good thing.

Take care, it's a desert out there.

2018-10-21 17:24:19

I’m loving the feeling of discovery when pressing buttons to  try and figure things out.

2018-10-21 17:29:57

Most people will likely enjoy this game for the character creation and singleplayer content.. at least, if tends stay the same way they usually do on this forum. lol But this is definitely my favourite in the series since SC 2. The other three games were ok, but they definitely didn't catch and hold my attention the way this one does from a gameplay standpoint.

2018-10-21 17:44:25

AlirezaNosrati wrote:

oh yeh, the game is released. too bad, it's overpriced! fucking hell! 60 dollars? man i can't get this game ever, cpy save us!

Welcome to the world of mainstream gaming. 30 bucks for an audio game doesn't seem so bad anymore huh?

Much less active on this forum than in the past.

Check out my live streams: http://lerven.me
follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/liamerven

2018-10-21 17:45:36

When you take the time to OCR it, the game is even better. The library is just super super awesome.

2018-10-21 18:12:44

agreed.  I'm hoping there'll be a movelist soon or something, I'd love to actually know what everything does. smile  there is unlockable stuff for the musium apparently.
by the way Liam, if you don't already nkow, in character creation, you can view other people's by pressing right bumper to go into the customise tab and keep pressing it.  it'll go through one by one I believe.

2018-10-21 18:53:56

The museum is probably everything it was im past games. Artwork, music, and probably story mode cinematics too. I love the fact that you can view other peoples' custom creations... and I really should get this game on pc as well, for the OCR factor. But I love my ps4...

2018-10-21 19:38:38

The museum also has a library with detailed bios on the characters. I lost my mind when I learned that arthur is actually meant to be the same king arthur of legend. Museum content is unlocked with soul points gained in libra of souls.

Take care, it's a desert out there.

2018-10-21 19:58:33

So as a complete newcomer to the Soul series, is this game playable? I assume it is, but is there anything I should know before purchasing it, i.e. how to not get ring outs ⠑⠞⠉⠲

A winner is you!
—Urban Champion

2018-10-21 20:09:08

It's funny. It's the first fighter where I've spent more time reading, and not much time actually fighting. I'm more interested in reading all the lore.

2018-10-21 22:24:09

I totally get that.  luckily though, when I do get around to fighting, it's the most fun I've had with a fighting game in ages.  It's amazing what being invested in characters can do to add to the experience.  Wasn't expecting to love this as much as I do.

2018-10-21 23:28:31

Well I feel a bit silly.  just created my Libra character, and thought I'd gotten stuck in the name screen and that there was an on-screen keyboard to use.  Turns out that wasn't the case, so press enter when you get there, type your name, and if OCRing, you'll see the name at the bottom of the screen.  press enter, then the start button and you'll be good to go.
Another msall tidbit I found out, the museum has stuff from all previous games two, though I'm not sure how much of it we'll be able to use.  a fair chunk I'd imagine, as there are lots of movies, texts and the like.  Still in awe of this game.

2018-10-22 01:27:24

Sorry for spamming this topic, but I found through Reddit a link to a movelist character depository in progress.  Thought you guys might like.  it's no where near complete yet, but some have a good start.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-rd … J4svFKIiA#

2018-10-22 02:41:12

No worry about spamming the more posts the better as long as they're related. lol
@liam I totaly agree on that one. This series probably has my favourite universe and characters of any fighting game.

2018-10-22 05:57:43

This might a bit off the topic of this post, but ... which gaming consoles are accessible for someone who is totally blind? I thought they were all pretty inaccessible, but I might just be remembering the old Nintendo back in the day.

When the wandering fire strikes the heart of stone, will you follow? Will you take ... the longest road?
Guy Gavriel Kay

discord: tayo134

2018-10-22 06:46:32

Better to start a topic specifically about consoles...as that may be a long discussion.

2018-10-22 07:30:46

Anyone have local vs. menus for ps4? I can start vs. cpu just fine, but for some reason I can't get 2 player vs to start.

2018-10-22 07:48:49

Thanks,will do.

When the wandering fire strikes the heart of stone, will you follow? Will you take ... the longest road?
Guy Gavriel Kay

discord: tayo134

2018-10-22 15:56:23

So I realise the stereo panning is very limited, but not sure about you guys, the more I play the game the more I’m starting to notice it.  Has anybody found their  character yet on the Google doc

2018-10-22 18:55:43

There's a decent guide for both the characters I'm looking to main. But reading the guide and being able to execute the moves is different...

2018-10-22 20:56:44

agreed.  I'm just happy to have the info  on some of them, hoping button commands can be similar across the cast.

2018-10-22 21:41:31

Here's the thing about this series, as a plong time player... even if the buttons are the same, the moves are so drastically different that even if you know the commands, not knowing the moves will void you knowing how to perform it. lol SC and Tekken are both like that, and that's just due to how Namko has always made their fighting games.