2017-11-07 22:07:58

OK, I was just asking, no need to get uppity.

2017-11-07 22:34:35

I do not believe he was getting uppity. He was simply saying PHP is easier. I'm glad you're able to take it up, Omar.

Heroes need foes to test them. Not all teachers can afford to be kind, and some lessons must be harsh.

2017-11-08 00:46:39

Hey guys,
The repository is online. Feel free to upload more objects! It is now located here

2017-11-08 00:52:53 (edited by Orko 2017-11-08 01:25:03)

Interestingly, while Windows Defender apparently thinks this game has a virus, Microsoft Security Essentials does not.

A new game to play, and from the sounds of it, something that sounds like fun! Thanks for creating and sharing it!

2017-11-08 03:25:27

I've heard defender is known for many false positives, the system this was coded on, and all of my other systems I use on a regular basis, are virus free.
I'm certainly glad you enjoy it! smile

2017-11-08 07:19:50

Thanks for putting the repo back up, though, you are missing bop it...

2017-11-08 08:55:19

I have the following files, downloaded a few days ago when that's all there was:

beatmachine.zip
bomb.zip
BopIt.zip
bowlingpin.zip
explosive.zip
kid.zip
ladder.zip
lightsaber.zip
videogame.zip

If anyone needs any of these, just let me know. Thanks.

2017-11-08 12:41:53

Hi there,
I did not realize I was missing the bopit object. I have uploaded it to the repo.
Final version is still in the works, trying to fix a very nasty bug I created still, hahaha.
Thanks guys!

2017-11-08 13:46:59

So, should I get the bopit object now, or wait for it to be fixed.

I know that Microsoft Security Essentials isn't the best anti virus available, but it is the most accessible by a fair margin.

2017-11-08 13:50:34

The object was never broken, however in the transfer I didn't realize it was not included in the backup copy of the repo I got. Lol.
If you don't have it, you can grab it, if you already have it, your fine.
I'll look at making backup copies of this thing and see what I can do.

2017-11-08 14:59:25

How do you like them apples? Today I got a new set of definitions for MSE and now it thinks TTF has the Win32 Trojan.

For whatever it's worth, I submitted it to Microsoft as a false positive with a note that WD and MSE both frequently falsely flag games written in BGT as having malware. Hopefully they'll fix the problem permanently.

2017-11-08 18:27:54

Hey people,
I've finally gotten around to writing a page for this thing. If you want to see it, you can find it from the homepage

2017-11-08 21:03:40

this game makes me ask 2 basic questions. 1, why would anybody want to play this game? and 2, why have I just spent half an hour playing it and thoroughly intend to go play it again later.

it is the most pointless thing I've ever seen and yet it is hugely good fun. especially when you start assigning points then the mayhem really starts.

keep up the insane work guys.

Who's that trip trapping over My bridge? Come find out.

2017-11-08 22:15:58

@SirBadger I know, its like omfg, ehre we go more pointless bullshit, then I play it, and I'm like why... what the... and I want more.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2017-11-08 22:34:48

I just got to level 667. I think I need help. lol.

2017-11-08 23:00:28

I wonder if slender and Omar Alvarado are wondering, "What kind of monster have we created?" LOL!

2017-11-08 23:27:36 (edited by Omar Alvarado 2017-11-08 23:34:10)

I honestly wasn't expecting this thing to be as well received as it has been. I am seriously glad you guys enjoy this quote wonderfully pointless but addicting quote game.
So this game, as the manual says, originally started out as more or less a shared concept thing that was closed off. You couldn't add objects, and in fact, the sounds were encrypted. Slender kept wanting me to make more objects and I was very unwilling to do this. This was mostly because the objects were hardcoded into the game earlier on into development.
And now a few months later we have this pointless monstrosity. It's been fun watching you guys take to it, and I really hope you guys continue to add to the repo and things.
I'm still working on the final update, finally resolved the bug I talked about earlier, and will hopefully have it posted sometime next week.
Bye for now! smile

2017-11-08 23:43:20

oh I'm getting annoyingly in to this. I'm making objects now. I have one of chef from southpark, one with sheep and another of the drill instructor from full metal jacket. I might upload those once I've tweeked them a bit.

2017-11-09 16:16:15

Will there be any more arcade style modes such as clearing waves of objects like sets of ships in troop, or will five minute rush and normal mode be it? I don't mind either way because this game is still fun to play regardless.

2017-11-09 16:20:19 (edited by Orko 2017-11-09 16:21:16)

@SirBadger

I'll be waiting! Are objects difficult to make?

2017-11-09 19:12:54

Oh. ttf site for new objects don't work? I can't open it.

2017-11-09 20:09:24

Hey guys,
@aaron, I'm working on wave mode right now, that's not what I'm going to call it, though anyway. There is kind of a problem though. When you complete the mass destruction booster, that basically gives you another wave of objects as the debris destroys it.
It's a complex system I can't really explain on writing, and that's the problem I have to sort out. What will be the major difference between completing the md booster, and wave blaster mode?
Objects become stronger both when you level up, and when you complete the mass destruction booster. If you guys could think of suggestions to make wave blaster mode unique, I think I could get them in.
@orko, objects are extremely easy to make. All you need, are 3 flip sounds, flip1.ogg is used when the object has greater than 50 percent health remaining,
flip2 is used when the object has less than that, and flip3 is when the object is flipped completely.
Loop or itemname.ogg is the item's main loop, debrishit.ogg is used when debris hits the object.
After this you will need a properties.txt file. You can copy one over from another object and modify it, or create a new one. Either way, you may wish to consult the readme for further details on the attributes.
I hope this helps, looking forward to seeing what objects you create!
@kratos, the website has moved from Colton's hosting, it is now at my website. See my previous posts for the link.
I have someone helping to majorly rewrite the code, as such the new version might be out later than expected. Will let you guys know how this goes.
Bye for now!

2017-11-10 00:42:00

@SirBadger and @ironcross32: I know, right? It brings back the original definition of game that got arcade games into such big hits in the first place. And it's pointless but fucking awesome. I got to like level 2700 or something once. If nothing more than just a kill time game, this would definitely be worth spending a quarter on for a round. Imagine if sighted people were playing this on machines! They'd love to see debris flying everywhere and owning everything from tables to tv's to bombs to people and just woot! Thanks omar for this great game, and thanks the rest of you for your objects and keeping the thing going to drive me to create the repo in the first place. Php is complicated. Lol.

----------
An anomaly in the matrix. An error in existence. A being who cannot get inside the goddamn box! A.K.A. Me.

2017-11-10 02:35:06

@coltonhill01, sorry man I obviously have less of a life than you do, I just hit level 3176 then realised what a stupid thing I was doing wasting my time. actually I needed to take a call.
and as you said, sighted people would love something like this if it had even basic 8 bit graphics. combined with the sounds, imagine how many people would play that if they were having a stressful day at work or school or what ever and they could smash up computers, office chairs, filing cabinats, or cclassroom desks, book shelves, projectors, even flip the teacher. it just goes on. somebody's had a bad day working in a restaurant, they get to take it all out and relax smashing up tables, plates, flipping annoying customers out of the windows or what ever.

2017-11-10 03:57:19

To a degree, php is more or less bgt, but with a lot more flexibility. I'm currently learning how to code in it as I would like to update and improve my site  a little. Download counters would be nice, and maybe some other things.
I was going to say blog, though that's what wordpress and other plugins like that are for, and besides, I don't usually have much to say, honestly.
By the way, is there anyone who is using services like linode etc? I'm interested in shying away from my current plan, as it's kind of expensive for what I get. It's a shared web hosting starter pack, for 88 dollars a year.
They advertise unlimited traffic throughput, however your limited in what you can do to/with the services you get.
I wouldn't expect a move for a wile unless I square some things away, which is why I'm asking.
if your using windows hosting you can also chime in. What I want to know is what is the general process of maintaining/updating your site? Is it way easier to break it as compared to a shared hosting plan?
Thanks guys!