2019-02-20 17:01:41

Hi,
I also have a few suggestions:
1. when fighting on the master Level in survival mode, could you implement it so that once you reach a certain Level, Darth Vader himself appears (as some sort of final boss).
2. To add to the ideas of battle droids and storm troopers in survival mode, you could add a map called "the lower layers of corroscan" (refferring to the part of the City where the more shady Business happens), where you could be attacked by thugs, mercenaries, bandits etc.

Greetings and happy gaming, Julian

If you say you never lie, you're a liar.
Oh, and #freeGCW

2019-02-23 12:24:41

Version 2.6 is here and grabbable via the in-game updater! This version contains:
* added two new area musics
* to introduce the new saber engine, the enemy can now have one of the six implemanted saber types. There are 3 Jedi and 3 Sith saber types right now.
* the enemies in the trainee and apprentice levels are now Jedi trainee and Jedi Padawan
* if you are fighting against Jedi, the sabers the enemy can have are restricted to Jedi ones
* updated readme
As always, happy slashin'!

Deep routes are not reached by the frost.

2019-02-23 14:50:02

V2.61 is here and contains:
* fixed a bug with survival mode
* the Jedi enemies no longer have the anger bonus (didn't quite fit the Jedi agenda)
* updated readme

2019-02-23 16:50:20

@konsta Awesome, the new saber sounds really make combat more atmospheric.

2019-02-23 19:02:59

This lightsaber sound sounds so amazing! I’ve noticed some of the sounds were pitch shifted though.

2019-02-24 13:01:02

They are all from the UltraSaber soundfonts. I own three UltraSabers myself and have customized the fonts quite a bit. smile

2019-02-24 15:37:12

V2.65 contains:
* added lockups!
* updated readme

2019-02-24 17:59:58

omf wow! this is still in development?
The only version of this I played was back in late 2017 or early 2018... Let's try this out!

----------
“Yes, sir. I am attempting to fill a silent moment with non-relevant conversation.”
“You don’t tell me how to behave; you’re not my mother!”
“Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.” – Data (Star Trek: The Next Generation)

2019-02-24 18:02:22

ok first of all, your link in post 1 is broken, and second of all, I'd be happy to help you with sounds if you ever need it, I just need access to the star wars sounds maybe? But if you want some star wars sounds in there there's going to be drastic quality shifts threwout the game, because I have a lot of scifi sounds that would go nicely with this, except that they're good quality, and star wars sounds aren't?

----------
“Yes, sir. I am attempting to fill a silent moment with non-relevant conversation.”
“Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.” – Data (Star Trek: The Next Generation)

2019-02-24 19:36:11

@redfox I think the sounds are awesome just how they are.. I've loved the new mechanic..
A little sugestion: Would it make sense for there to be the chance when at the end of a saber lock the enemi take some dage if you managed to break the lock?

2019-02-24 20:59:43

I heard some great quality sounds from saberforge, they create the best sounds. I think also the ultrasabers are great. But saberforge I think is better.

2019-02-24 21:14:09

caio wrote:

@redfox I think the sounds are awesome just how they are.. I've loved the new mechanic..
A little sugestion: Would it make sense for there to be the chance when at the end of a saber lock the enemi take some dage if you managed to break the lock?

That's a good suggestion, I'll think on it. smile

2019-02-24 21:17:59

If you do create an online mode, will it be so that you attack first? I was thinking I could work. Or, will you come you can make a side scroller mode, where you can use your space and control space to battle with your lightsaber and also twirl.

2019-02-24 23:32:40

V2.66 is here and contains some editing to the saber lock code. Now they happen more frequently even in the lower difficulties.

2019-02-24 23:35:05

I’m excited to update this. Also, these sounds are just getting better and better! I’m amazed. However, I’ve noticed that many of the saber sounds are different types.

2019-02-25 00:47:04

@konsta I was thinking of a suggestion for the lightsaber system..
I think players should be able to attack freely, not just to parry and strike back.. Imo, the combat should be faster.. I should be able to attack whenever I want and as fast as I want but I alsso have to pay ateniton and parry my enemi's strikes.

2019-02-25 00:52:48

I absolutely agree with the system. Attacking whenever you want would be so awesome.

2019-02-25 02:26:05

Oh and another thing I observed..
Now that we have more sounds it can get difficult to hear where the saber swing is comming from.. If I deffend upward and attack up at the same time, its very difficult to hear the next swing.. Could the volume of the swings be raised, slightly?

2019-02-27 00:52:19

V2.7 is here and brings the following changes:
* added saving in survival mode! You can now press the letter s to save your progress and load the saved game from the main menu.
* added a new option that determines whether or not the game will save itself on survival mode upon exiting
* added the option to restore defaults
* updated readme
The game saving will be in high usage in the future.

2019-02-27 01:52:02

Could I please have a download link?

----------

2019-02-27 02:50:21

Hi. Thank you so much for adding a saving feature! What do you plan to add next? I’m very excited!  I hope you add a lot more to the game.

2019-02-27 22:09:40 (edited by Jonnyboy1991 2019-02-27 23:29:12)

Hello all. Should you need a download link of this game, as I have discovered, change the .zip to .exe in the link in post one and things will download. Lol. How I knew this? I've scanned the games directory on that  server.

Jonathan Candler, A.K.A, Jonnyboy

2019-03-02 18:36:55

@konsta
I found a bug.
Sometimes, we can't deffend the attack of the enemi when it comes right after we break a saber lock.

2019-03-02 19:52:37 (edited by Chris 2019-03-02 19:53:29)

Here are a few suggestions. Please add the ability to disable all the intro sounds so the game loads faster. This could be a toggle in the options menu. It also might not be a bad idea to add a learn game sounds menu that describes the locks and bonus sounds.

Do you have plans to implement multiplayer functionality? I think it would be really fun to battle another human in real time.

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.

2019-03-09 22:30:05

I’ve noticed that some of the Sabres switch between types. For example, for the humming noise, I heard Kylo re’ss lightsaber I think. Is this correct? I’m really confused about the different types of lightsabers in this game at least.