2017-12-28 05:54:46

Just curious where the game saves are stored.

I would like to be able to start a game on one device, for example my desktop, and pick up on my laptop.

I know the game doesn't save in its own folder because I delete the folder and extract to a brand new folder whenever a new update is released and I don't lose my save slot, which is what I like.

I'm using the chrome browser to play so my settings will probably sync accross, but I just want to make sure.

2017-12-28 06:59:50

@Kool_turk, when you choose the save game option, it should asks you where to save the file. I'm using Safari, and in my case, Safari automatically save my file to the downloads folder.

HTH

2017-12-29 07:15:02

Sorry it took so long to reply.  Been traveling the last couple of days and just now getting home.  Trying to play a little catch up before bed.  wink

Dark wrote:

Btw, just to chime in and point out quickly  in case Ashaman or others missed it that  both inheritance and Wanton cove now have database pages (you can find them in the  dropdown on  front  of site or  by using the "list games) link).
Since their is manifestly nothing  wrong with visually impared people's libidos and these games are very accessible it seemed only right to add them to  the db, besides with I've  been having fun myself with Flexible survival, though I confess inheritance  when I tried it made me a little uncomfortable due to  the premise and the  fact that up until I got married two years ago I was severely  genophobic, and the idea behind inheritance is a little too  much like some real stories of abuse for  my taste, though manifestly  this is just my reaction since at the end of the day it's a game and a creative art project.

I did like the horror atmosphere of Wanton cove and will  possibly explore more of the game  in the future though, as I do enjoy writers like Steven King and Klive barker on occasion), indeed I noticed when checking the games for the db that the writing is extremely good all around.

If anyone wants to suggest other accessible adult games for the db feel free to do so, (just please mention in the games' description that they are! adult games so potential players know what they're getting).

I am currently trying to get fenoxo's games like corruption of champions and trials in tainted space to work correctly with chrome and Nvda or the downloaded adobi flash player, not having much luck unfortunately, though they seemed okay with ie).

Anyway that is a matter for another thread, in the mean  time I hope that the db entries attract more people to the games.

Thank you for the notice, never even knew there was a front page to this site until you mentioned it.  tongue

Glad to hear that you have been enjoying the game.

@Kool_turk, when you choose the save game option, it should asks you where to save the file. I'm using Safari, and in my case, Safari automatically save my file to the downloads folder.

HTH

Since I honestly have no idea, I'd expect Socheat likely has the solution.

2017-12-30 23:36:43

Hello,
The following error occurs after I click Start eating servants meals.
Apologies! An error has occurred. You may be able to continue, but some parts may not work properly.

Error: SyntaxError: missing ; before statement.

Stack Trace:
evalJavaScript/<@file:///D:/zip/Inheritance%20A4b/Inheritance%20A4b.html:12791:1310
evalJavaScript@file:///D:/zip/Inheritance%20A4b/Inheritance%20A4b.html:12791:1281
n/<@file:///D:/zip/Inheritance%20A4b/Inheritance%20A4b.html:12791:12891
Wikifier</t</<.value/<@file:///D:/zip/Inheritance%20A4b/Inheritance%20A4b.html:12791:7515
r/<@file:///D:/zip/Inheritance%20A4b/Inheritance%20A4b.html:12789:21824
t/<@file:///D:/zip/Inheritance%20A4b/Inheritance%20A4b.html:12789:21601
r.event.dispatch@file:///D:/zip/Inheritance%20A4b/Inheritance%20A4b.html:60:10263
r.event.add/q.handle@file:///D:/zip/Inheritance%20A4b/Inheritance%20A4b.html:60:8325

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2017-12-30 23:42:18

burak wrote:

Hello,
The following error occurs after I click Start eating servants meals.
Apologies! An error has occurred. You may be able to continue, but some parts may not work properly.

Error: SyntaxError: missing ; before statement.

Stack Trace:
evalJavaScript/<@file:///D:/zip/Inheritance%20A4b/Inheritance%20A4b.html:12791:1310
evalJavaScript@file:///D:/zip/Inheritance%20A4b/Inheritance%20A4b.html:12791:1281
n/<@file:///D:/zip/Inheritance%20A4b/Inheritance%20A4b.html:12791:12891
Wikifier</t</<.value/<@file:///D:/zip/Inheritance%20A4b/Inheritance%20A4b.html:12791:7515
r/<@file:///D:/zip/Inheritance%20A4b/Inheritance%20A4b.html:12789:21824
t/<@file:///D:/zip/Inheritance%20A4b/Inheritance%20A4b.html:12789:21601
r.event.dispatch@file:///D:/zip/Inheritance%20A4b/Inheritance%20A4b.html:60:10263
r.event.add/q.handle@file:///D:/zip/Inheritance%20A4b/Inheritance%20A4b.html:60:8325

Thank you for reporting this!  I appreciate it a great deal.

Looks like you're playing A4b?

I vaguely recall dabbling with this a couple of weeks ago, but its possible that the issue was either not fully resolved, or that the fix appeared in A5.  Either way, I'll take a look at it to double check.

2018-01-27 04:09:00

New build is ready for anyone who wants it!

"After the passing of your estranged Great Uncle, you're surprised to find yourself listed as the sole heir to his estate.  With all the legal unpleasantness out of the way, you're now on your way to your new home.

Not sure what to expect when you arrive, you dont know if you're going to sell the mansion or live there, but once you step inside your entire world changes when you are suddenly faced with the fact that you now own two slave girls.

What do you do with them?  Do you follow in your Great Uncle's footsteps and use them for your own pleasure?  Do you treat them like servants?  Or do you nurture a relationship with them that just might blossom into something more, . . ."

\

It would seem that some people have been having trouble opening the rar files, as such, I added a zip version for each build as well.

\

A6:

-Updated the Special Thanks area for the project and added all current Patrons who are pledged at appropriate levels.  Last updated 1/18/18

-Added Eve's initial set of conversation content.

-Added Punishments for Eve.

-Added one new interactive scene for Eve during work hours, can play out in most rooms on the first two floors of the mansion.

-Added one new interactive scene for Eve in the library in the evenings.

\

A6 CHEAT Build (Patreon CHEAT Build):
https://www.patreon.com/posts/16630186

A6 Early Access Build: (Patreon Early Access):
https://www.patreon.com/posts/16630221

A5 Public Build (Free):
https://www.patreon.com/posts/16630243

2018-01-27 05:13:01

A small suggestion, would it be possible to edit the first post in this thread pointing to the latest release?

That way new comers won't have to scroll through all the posts in the thread looking for the latest version.

All you need to do is edit the links.

2018-01-27 05:25:59

Good suggestion.  Done.

2018-01-27 23:00:05

Ah, I actually assumed the download links remained the same between versions so that the links on the db pages for both Inheritance and Wanton cove were the same.
if that isn't the case let me know and I'll make the appropriate updates.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2018-01-27 23:07:21

They're not the same, file name changes according to version.

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2018-01-27 23:15:28

Dark wrote:

Ah, I actually assumed the download links remained the same between versions so that the links on the db pages for both Inheritance and Wanton cove were the same.
if that isn't the case let me know and I'll make the appropriate updates.

Since I have to create a new post for releases through Patreon, I just put together a little write up and add the new links to those.  So yes, every update takes you to a new page for builds.

That said, the database page over on TFGamesSite.com for each game remains the same even when I update links through it.  For your database here, it would probably be easiest to link that rather than try to rout people through Patreon.

I'll even save you the trouble of looking up each page:

The Allure of Wanton Cove:
https://www.tfgamessite.com/index.php?m … amp;id=533

Inheritance:
https://www.tfgamessite.com/?module=vie … mp;id=1151

The Puppet Master:
https://www.tfgamessite.com/index.php?m … amp;id=579

2018-01-28 00:17:11

Thanks Ashaman.
The way the database works here is that each page links to both the developer's website, and to a direct download of the game file so users can download the game itself without having to go through too many shenanigans.

What it might be best for me to do in that case is use the tfgames link instead of a homepage, since that way people can look up info about the game and find the patrion to the paid version, then update the link to the free build directly on Patrion when new versions come out, this is what I usually try to do with most games in the db. Obviously it helps if the file names remain the same between versions, but if not updating each download link is as simple as copying the Url.

i will also give puppet master a try and see about putting a page together for it, though as usual maintaining the db on this site and trying out new games is definitely a full time activity, so when I will be getting around to puppet master I don't knoww.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2018-01-28 02:17:33

All I've really ever done is have the Patreon page and post new builds.  Then when I post to other locations, I link those posts to wherever I am sharing the game. The database over on TFGamesSite is a pretty convenient place to link since I keep it updated regularly and it will rout people to the most recent version of the game, the only down side is that it adds one extra click for people seeking the game (Which really isn't a big deal.).  That said, do whatever works best for you.

The Puppet Master is a pretty small game in comparison to my others.  Less than 50k words of content and five endings (There's a brief guide for how to get all of the endings.) If memory serves, it placed third in the competition I wrote it for.  (That may sound impressive, but there were only five entries, so it finished middle of the pack.)  Even so, its gained a bit of a following since its completion and most people seem to enjoy it who give it a try.

2018-02-07 17:47:25

I've been keeping an absent eye on this thread over the past few months since this forum has a pretty broad userbase, and I was interested to see what the reactions would be.
Related to Dark's post 75: Ashaman, have you considered possibly donating a part of the profits to organizations dedicated to fighting this kind of thing in the real world? Ideally we'd be able to indulge in fantasy without constantly remembering where it meets reality, and imho if the two must blend, it may as well be in a positive fashion.

2018-02-07 19:05:23 (edited by ashaman 2018-02-07 19:08:25)

@john
I like your train of thought.

I'll start with just a little bit about myself for the sake of context, then move on to the meat of your message.

A large portion of what I make through Patreon goes right back into my projects.  This month alone, close to a thousand dollars was invested into art, paying coders, prize money for a writing competition I held, and other expenses related to these projects.  This doesn't leave a lot. (You can take a look at my Patreon page to see how much I earn if you're curious.  Some creators hide those numbers, but I don't see the harm in sharing.)

Several years ago (Before my boys were born.  They're 6 now) I crushed a disk in my spine and have been unable to work a traditional job since, that means my earnings through Patreon is my only paycheck.  (My wife works, and with what she earns, we're able to maintain a minimalist lifestyle without the need for handouts.  The only luxuries we maintain is internet and NetFlix, and before I started earning on Patreon, we had started discussing the need to drop those to make ends meet.)

About 10 years ago, I had a daughter who died from a rare form of childhood cancer.  Since that time, I have actively tried to give whatever I am able toward helping people in similar situations.  Sometimes I can donate a little money, more often its a case of volunteering time.  This is something I have every intention of continuing.

The short version of the above:  I have a responsibility to my family, and my income has to go toward providing for them as I am able.  As my income increases, my personal donations will continue to go toward research for childhood cancer because that is where my heart calls me most strongly to give.

Now, on to the meat of your message:
What you say is something that I spent a lot of time thinking about when planning this game.  I wanted to add a human element to the game, partially for the same reasons you describe.  Nearly all "slave" games are built around cruelty and control, and while those elements are present in this as well, I feel the humanity and compassion is important for the sake of balance as well as to put players in a position where they feel the need to think about their choices and the implications there of.    After all, if you do not provoke people into thinking and/or feeling emotion through your writing, then what is the point?  Good writing should always force the reader to consider the implications and see the world through a broader context than when they first began to read.

As I started this message by saying, I like your train of thought on the subject.  As such, I just added a note to my game notes to pursue this very issue.  While I may not personally plan to donate money toward helping victims of slavery because  the donations I have always made have been toward helping childhood cancer victims, I will be spending some time researching on the subject of real life slavery (In a wider context than I currently have for the sake of writing the game.) and will make a point of eventually adding links to some good information sites on the subject as well as links to good charities related to this for anyone who finds it in their heart to help.

Thank you very much for the post.  It was both unexpected and very welcome.

2018-02-08 02:37:55

@Ashaman,
There's a lot here I want to respond to, so this may be a bit of a read.

First off, thank you for the background; I can definitely understand why you're doing what you are.
If you're interested in the research side, there's a project currently running on world community grid targeting several forms of childhood cancer, including neuroblastoma, brain, kidney, liver and germ-cell cancers.
More info is at:
https://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/rese … verview.do
(to all readers - if you tend to leave your computer on, this, and the grid in general, is well worth a look).

Back to the subject of Inheritance, including links to resources and organizations is a great idea. Especially since you're making a free product, they'll probably get a pretty wide spread, maybe more so than just picking a charity to donate to.

Finally, I want to thank you for, and reiterate a quote, since its been sticking with me since I first read it:
"After all, if you do not provoke people into thinking and/or feeling emotion through your writing, then what is the point?  Good writing should always force the reader to consider the implications and see the world through a broader context than when they first began to read."
Hale the written word. Knowledge is power, perspectives bring wisdom, and there's no better way to gain either than a well-written work.

2018-02-08 02:58:56

@john
Looks like you weren't nearly as long winded as I was.  wink

I'm actually familiar with the site you listed.  For better or worse, childhood cancer is something that I spend quite a bit of time dwelling on. hmm

I don't know how many downloads I actually get, but my Patreon page ranges from about 8-12k hits a week.  And it looks like I get in the neighborhood of 2k downloads most builds, plus who knows how many downloads from pirate sites and such that I see builds crop up on after releases.  I may not be reaching the world, but its still kind of humbling to realize that literally thousands of people enjoy my work.

Woohoo!  Someone quoted me! 

I agree completely.  Too many people live in ignorance, taking people's word for things that they can easily look up (We live in the information age, why assume someone is telling the truth when you can verify that truth in seconds?).

2018-02-10 03:12:00

"After the passing of your estranged Great Uncle, you're surprised to find yourself listed as the sole heir to his estate.  With all the legal unpleasantness out of the way, you're now on your way to your new home.

Not sure what to expect when you arrive, you don't know if you're going to sell the mansion or live there, but once you step inside your entire world changes when you are suddenly faced with the fact that you now own two slave girls.

What do you do with them?  Do you follow in your Great Uncle's footsteps and use them for your own pleasure?  Do you treat them like servants?  Or do you nurture a relationship with them that just might blossom into something more, . . ."

\

It would seem that some people have been having trouble opening the rar files, as such, I added a zip version for each build as well.

\

A7:
-Added seven new "to bed" scenes.
-Added eight new "wake up" scenes.
-Added new interactive scene for Eve in the kitchen during daytime hours.
-Added a new interactive bed time scene for Anna.
-Rebuilt part of the sleep mechanic.
-Added four placeholder pieces of art.
-Completely redid the name mechanic so the girls will hopefully call you what you ask to be called.
-Updated the Special Thanks area for the project with Patrons who are pledged at appropriate levels.  Last updated 2/03/18

\

A7 CHEAT Build (Patreon CHEAT Build):
https://www.patreon.com/posts/inheritance-a7-16907292

A7 Early Access Build: (Patreon Early Access):
https://www.patreon.com/posts/inheritance-a7-16907340

A6 Public Build (Free):
https://www.patreon.com/posts/inheritance-a6-16907383

2018-02-24 00:28:02

Not sure what to expect when you arrive, you don't know if you're going to sell the mansion or live there, but once you step inside your entire world changes when you are suddenly faced with the fact that you now own two slave girls.

\

I encourage everyone to try the free build of the game first. If you like it and want to show a little support, that's awesome. If you'd prefer to simply enjoy the free builds, then that's ok too. The important thing is that you enjoy the game!

\

A8:
-Added Couch Mechanic.  Includes thirteen scenes.
-Added Sauna Mechanic.  Includes thirteen scenes.
-Added one new scene for Anna that appears in much of the house.
-Added one new scene for Eve specific to the Living Room.
-Added one new bed time scene for Eve.
-Unlocked the Attic.  This location should NOT have been locked.  This location includes four ambient events.
-Unlocked the Servant's Bathroom.  This location should NOT have been locked.  This location includes five ambient events.
-Unlocked the Laboratory.  This location was intentionally locked but I wanted to have some content to show off, so it has been unlocked until story driven content is added that will allow for its unlock.  This location includes four ambient events.
-Unlocked the Dungeon.  This location was intentionally locked but I wanted to have some content to show off, so it has been unlocked until story driven content is added that will allow for its unlock.  This location includes four ambient events.
-Added four new completed images.
-Added a link with some information and links concerning real live slavery for those who would like to know more on the subject.
-Updated the Special Thanks area for the project with Patrons who are pledged at appropriate levels.  Last updated 2/20/18

A7:
-Updated the Special Thanks area for the project with Patrons who are pledged at appropriate levels.  Last updated 2/03/18
-Added seven new "to bed" scenes.
-Added eight new "wake up" scenes.
-Added new interactive scene for Eve in the kitchen during daytime hours.
-Added a new interactive bed time scene for Anna.
-Rebuilt part of the sleep mechanic.
-Added four placeholder pieces of art.
-Completely redid the name mechanic so the girls will hopefully call you what you ask to be called.

\

A8 CHEAT Build (Patreon CHEAT Build):
https://www.patreon.com/posts/17172038

A8 Patreon Build (Patreons Only Build):
https://www.patreon.com/posts/17172037

A7a Public Build: (Free):
https://www.patreon.com/posts/17172034

2018-02-24 13:42:38

I really like this game and always check for the latest updates. Sorry for now I can only download the free version, because it is not possible to conduct transactions abroad from where I live.
Thanks for the A7a Public Build version update.
Sorry for bad english.

Enjoy all that the Lord has given in your life, and share with as many people as possible.

2018-02-24 17:02:20

Rio Aryo wrote:

I really like this game and always check for the latest updates. Sorry for now I can only download the free version, because it is not possible to conduct transactions abroad from where I live.
Thanks for the A7a Public Build version update.
Sorry for bad english.

Your English is fine.  wink

I am very happy to hear you are enjoying the game.  I always ensure there are free versions of my projects for people who are not interested or not able to contribute for any reason.  After all, I want to share my work with anyone who would enjoy it, the money just helps ensure I can create my projects full time.  big_smile

You'll be happy to know though, I've actually got the content written for the next build already.  You can expect A8 to come out in about a week!

2018-02-24 19:11:35

Thanks, I am beginner in english.
Wow, will definitely download it when the latest update is released!
I decided to write on this topic to provide support. At least I try to support with what I can.

Enjoy all that the Lord has given in your life, and share with as many people as possible.

2018-02-24 19:23:39

Rio Aryo wrote:

Thanks, I am beginner in english.
Wow, will definitely download it when the latest update is released!
I decided to write on this topic to provide support. At least I try to support with what I can.

For a beginner, you write very clearly.  You're doing just fine.

I appreciate your taking the time to post a great deal.  The single biggest motivator for me creating projects like this is knowing that people enjoy my work.  I always feel excited to work on a project when I hear from people who have been playing, and having fun with, the games I create.

2018-02-25 03:23:33

does this project and other your projects in this website supporting donation via paypal or credit card?
or in order to donate I must register member on that website
after clicking website click continue for level that I choose it seem stuck don't know how to proceed any help would be appreciated i would like to support your project keep continuing.

the bestest reward for people who are working so hard they should receive their experience of their own life.
everyone can collect in everyday.
:d

2018-03-03 00:08:56

New build is ready for anyone who wants it!  A8 is Free to everyone through the provided links!  A9 is early access content.  And A9 CHEAT is early access with the cheat menu that allows you to customize the girls' stats as you see fit.

\

\

I encourage everyone to try the free build of the game first. If you like it and want to show a little support, that's awesome. If you'd prefer to simply enjoy the free builds, then that's ok too. The important thing is that you enjoy the game!

\

A9:
-Added the next segment of Eve's seduction path to include feeling her up and giving hand jobs.
-Added a new interactive scene involving both girls that can play out in the kitchen in the hour before meals if you have middling or good relationship stats with both girls.
-Added a new scene for Eve that can play out at any relationship level in many of the rooms in the mansion so long as she is assigned to work inside of the house.
-Updated the Special Thanks area for the project with Patrons who are pledged at appropriate levels.  Last updated 3/2/18

A8:
-Added Couch Mechanic.  Includes thirteen scenes.
-Added Sauna Mechanic.  Includes thirteen scenes.
-Added one new scene for Anna that appears in much of the house.
-Added one new scene for Eve specific to the Living Room.
-Added one new bed time scene for Eve.
-Unlocked the Attic.  This location should NOT have been locked.  This location includes four ambient events.
-Unlocked the Servant's Bathroom.  This location should NOT have been locked.  This location includes five ambient events.
-Unlocked the Laboratory.  This location was intentionally locked but I wanted to have some content to show off, so it has been unlocked until story driven content is added that will allow for its unlock.  This location includes four ambient events.
-Unlocked the Dungeon.  This location was intentionally locked but I wanted to have some content to show off, so it has been unlocked until story driven content is added that will allow for its unlock.  This location includes four ambient events.
-Added four new completed images.
-Added a link with some information and links concerning real live slavery for those who would like to know more on the subject.
-Updated the Special Thanks area for the project with Patrons who are pledged at appropriate levels.  Last updated 2/20/18

\
Patreon Links:
A9 CHEAT Build (CHEAT Build):
https://www.patreon.com/posts/17324090

A9 Supporter Build (Supporters Only Build):
https://www.patreon.com/posts/17324156

A8 Public Build: (Free):
https://www.patreon.com/posts/17324238