2019-02-03 11:55:35

ulisesmonge40 wrote:

Hi.
I fixed my problem

Can you describe what the issue was? It might be helpful in case other people run into the same problem.

2019-02-03 13:05:46

Hi,
yep, I'm curious, since I'm encountering the exact same probleme after having just installed the game.
All I can say now is that it looks huge, considering the setup's size. Let's hope it is!

Best regard,
Simon

2019-02-03 22:37:05 (edited by SLJ 2019-02-03 22:41:30)

Awesome. Sounds like something which I should check out.
I don't find much information about the game on the website. Does it take long time to complete? Does it have any replayability?

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2019-02-03 23:11:47

I have just got the story file, when trying to run it, tads reports a vm error while reading.
If this worked it would be quite good.

2019-02-04 13:31:47

SLJ wrote:

Awesome. Sounds like something which I should check out.
I don't find much information about the game on the website. Does it take long time to complete? Does it have any replayability?

It took text adventure veteran players between 5 and 7 hours to complete. People who aren't well versed in this kind of game needed 10 to 15 hours. We added context-sensitive hints in the game though. If you decide to disable the hints, it might take longer to complete.

As for replayability, it's a linear adventure game. The story will not change between playthroughs.

2019-02-04 13:33:20 (edited by realnc 2019-02-04 13:40:50)

crashmaster wrote:

I have just got the story file, when trying to run it, tads reports a vm error while reading.
If this worked it would be quite good.

I assume you mean the "Thaumistry.t3" file? It should work in interpreters that are up to date. If your interpreter is not, then it will error out with a message about the interpreter being too old.

Which interpreter are you trying to use?

(Note for people who don't know what this is about: the game does not need any third-party software to play. What crashmaster is talking about is an optional file that was made available for people who do want to use such third-party software.)

2019-02-05 01:20:47

Hello!
I just finished the game a few minutes ago.
I should probably have asked slj's question before rushing forward. I absolutly loved the atmosphere, the universe in general and... well nearly everything. But considering the file size, the price, and my generally optimistic attitude toward games, I didn't take time to consider that it could end.
So first I have to thank you for the experience. It really looked like some kind of Tim Burton's movie. But after that I need to ask you : are you planing to release some kind of sequel? I only had the time to get used to the universe and its rules, to start being... charmed I suppose. I really thought it was only the begining of a longer story so... is it?

Best regard,
Simon

2019-02-05 09:11:10

@realnc: Nice. Thanks for your reply. I will check it out for sure.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2019-02-05 15:11:54 (edited by realnc 2019-02-05 15:12:20)

Arkandias wrote:

So first I have to thank you for the experience. It really looked like some kind of Tim Burton's movie. But after that I need to ask you : are you planing to release some kind of sequel? I only had the time to get used to the universe and its rules, to start being... charmed I suppose. I really thought it was only the begining of a longer story so... is it?

Glad you liked the game!

It is meant to be a self-contained story rather than a series though, and there's currently no plans for a sequel. Never say never, of course, but as of right now, no sequel is planned.

2019-02-06 05:08:22

Hi, I forgot to answer here.
I just ran the regular version (Not the text one) And when it asked if I want to enable the accessibility features I answered yes. After that the game opened, and if I close it completely and run it I can access the two modes.

I am a gamer from the begining of my life, and that will not change :p

2019-02-11 20:04:49

I have also just been playing around with this game, and, it actually works perfectly here with NVDA under my windows 10 64 bit machine - did initially need to try launch it in graphical mode, when it then prompted me that it had noticed NVDA running, and, would I like to run in text mode, and, it now works pretty much perfectly in text mode, with NVDA both reading out new text content, and allowing me to review said content as well.

Jacob

2019-02-11 20:22:20 (edited by realnc 2019-02-11 21:45:53)

Thanks everyone for the bug reports! We identified the issue and a fixed version will be uploaded later today. The workaround of launching the graphical version first, quit, and then launch the text-only version should then no longer be needed.

(But as you can guess, if you already performed the workaround, then there's no need to install the updated version, as there are no other changes than this one fix.)

Update:
The fixed version is now live.