2019-03-16 14:34:35

hi if you cant tell me how menny times I need to press tab to change my sistem local to english tell me where is numpad key ok?

Thumbs up

2019-03-16 15:49:54

@Post 76: The numpad is usually found to the right of your desktop keyboard.  If you're using a laptop, you probably don't have it.
@Boy: Thanks for bringing some laughter into my world. I've gotten as far as mysteries of the ancients at which point the game dies when interacting with a box. Clever reference to Jenny in 8 6 7 5 3 0 9 song, too. I actually looked up the lyrics to that one. The quizes were, annoying but I am happy to say that they're not trolling the player for the most part. The hardest boss was in the basement, and that's do to the Garganchan promptly screwing off. Garganchan is kind of a one-trip pony. I.e, he hits hard, but also gets hit really hard. Most of the time he's useless, and I manage to pull through with Sierra solo or Move helping out, man his attacks are insane.
I do wonder, how did you create the game? If it offers this much customization, I may be willing to learn it, just for kicks.
I've also noticed that the game goes unresponsive when playing large files, like any of the telephone calls or the Jenny Ford workout file, do you have those issues, too?

Coding is not hard. No, not at all.
What is hard is making code that accepts different and sometimes unexpected types of input and still works.
This is what truly takes a large amount of effort on a developer's part.

Thumbs up

2019-03-16 16:00:49

boy if you can finish the blank game 2 pine attack please do it I love the game and please dont remove the topic ok?

Thumbs up

2019-03-17 13:55:44

I can't finish it, do to the source getting lost during that Windows Update. I made the game in Text Game Maker, which is all in Japanese. If you know Japanese, you can make games with it. Evrything has to be written in correct Japanese, so you can't just use a translator. The game is supposed to be unresponsive when playing long files, that's just how Text Game Maker works.

A Squared, Plus B Squared, Equals C Squared!

Thumbs up

2019-03-18 01:30:48

Does this game have replay value?
Like for example, will I unlock an ability further on that will allow me to go back to fight enemies in previous locations to get my level higher and higher?

I am a Binaural warrior.
I use the power of sound to sense my enemy's energy, blow them to the place of no return, before testing out the newest release of audio game.
Thumb my posts up and continue to enjoy gaming. :d

Thumbs up

2019-03-18 03:47:29 (edited by boy 2019-03-18 03:50:02)

It would have replay value, if it was finished. As I said in one of the posts, it's not complete and never will be unless I rewrite it from the beginning. That might happen, I do still have the sounds which was the hardest part. The thing that's keeping me from rewriting it is that I have a job, and I'll be taking college classes soon, which obviously takes priority over game development. It was originally going to be much, much more than what it is now. Actually, if you guys have anything you want me to put in it if I rewrite it, that would be good to know. Example: make certain places longer, or this boss was way too hard and needs to be more difficult.

Thumbs up

2019-03-18 04:27:47

I'm a little confused about how your source is gone due to a windows update.  Windows update should not be deleting any personal files.  I've seen it do some weird things, and as a rule I'm not a fan of it, but I have never seen it just remove personal files.  All of that being said, this is why I am very, very much a fan of backups.  I'm working on some coding stuff myself, and that stuff is in 3 different places.  My PC, an external drive, and Dropbox.

Thumbs up

2019-03-18 12:58:32

@boy... Even if you just wanted to rewrite it with full English translations so everyone could play it, it wouldn't be as hard as trying to include extra things which would just make your task harder anyway smile

I am a Binaural warrior.
I use the power of sound to sense my enemy's energy, blow them to the place of no return, before testing out the newest release of audio game.

Thumbs up

2019-03-18 13:46:10

I'm going to backup the game if I rewrite it. The reason the source got lost is because the windows update deleted the whole downloads folder, which is ware I kept the source.

Thumbs up

2019-03-18 16:16:40

yoo can make some bosses harder but please dont make the densheino fight more difficult and dont make the factory boss harder ok?

Thumbs up

2019-03-18 16:57:55

@boy... I respect that you have a lot going on, but I strongly suggest considering giving the game a rewrite.
I would be glad to contribute in any way I can, whether it be ideas ETC should you consider it.
@post85... What's the point of having a game with no difficult bosses?
It's only my opinion, but if you get a new game that's just been released, surely you want a bit of challenge and achievement to it, rather than getting all the best equipment and becoming OP early on and taking all the fun out of the game.

I am a Binaural warrior.

Thumbs up

2019-03-18 20:19:37

do you know the final boss in the factory? wen you have siera and gurganchan wen is 2 on 3? that is hard because the robotic boss can take out goorganchan in 1 hit and it's dangerous to fight 1 on 3. I am not telling you to make it more easy dont make it harder. the densheino fight is only he and move so if you die you are dead and he can hit hard. so that is wy I dont want those fights harder. you can make the other fights harder but please dont make those 2. ok?

Thumbs up

2019-03-18 20:52:56

@boy: Here are my thoughts.
I can use all the math upgrades on Siera and she'll take 1 damage from 99% of the enemies. The only time she took anything else in my game was in the basement. Fix that please. I felt really bored because it was only a matter of time before I killed pretty much everything.
Move needs to be powered down. I mean, waaaaay powered down. I hit Tensheino  once and he died. Same thing with the enemies swarm. Sierra and move just use the skill that translates to deadline when they use it and all enemies die. Power the damn thing down.
Garganchan is useless. He takes way too much damage, even with the best armour in the game. Like I said, the basement fight was more difficult because it was 3 on 1, and you don't do a lot of damage to Mondival or the insect. One hit on garganchan and he's dead. Also, consider removing a second bomb from mondival's inventory. It hits for crazy amounts of damage, and there isn't a way to reduce it.
Consider lowering cashcash. I love money, but by mysteries of the ancients I had at least 5000 of it, which meant I could by the strongest armor for everyone, which isn't an issue, but I should at least have to work for it. Just my thoughts. I don't think raising the prices is a good idea, simply because those are more trickier to balance out.
Add a way to see how long we have till our profficiancy levels go up. Half the time I wondered when would my sword level increase because I was moving through the game too fast.
The boss in the electric dungeon (I can't remember it's name, something to do with power) should be buffed in it's damage department. It did 1 damage to Sierra even when he got a crit (I'm assuming that leafox is the message for the crit for the enemy).
Make everyone do  at least 1 damage. It's really sad when I have to listen to a skill sound only for it to do jack shit.
Possibly add in a way to skip skill sounds.
Buff Garganchan by a bit... He did 1 damage to quite a large number of bosses, until I picked up the iron bar.
Make the enemies grow stronger slightly faster. I was math 8 and a math 11 enemy could only hit me for 1 damage.
Make the iron bar a hair less powerful. While it was great to see solid 400 to 700 damage it also broke the game.
That's it, and I'm all for re-writing the thing, if only for the amusing story you've started. Sure half of it sounds like ramblings of an insane person, but who cares? Heh.

Coding is not hard. No, not at all.
What is hard is making code that accepts different and sometimes unexpected types of input and still works.
This is what truly takes a large amount of effort on a developer's part.

Thumbs up

2019-03-18 23:53:28

I've already started, and am planning on adding all the things you've said. One thing that hasn't been mentioned here, stats. In old versions of the game, they went up when your characters leveled up. I'm thinking that's how I'll do it in this version.
About characters:
Garganchan wasn't doing damage because Text Game Maker has a set way that punches do damage. I think I'll add hammers or something that Garganchan can use.
Yeh, Move was way too strong. He's supposed to be that way, but I will make him weaker if I power down the enemies.
About boosses.
Yes, the Behemoth is weak. I'll increase his damage, and maybe I should make critical hits ignore defense.
Bombusect has way, way too much defense. I found that out when testing the game. I'll make it ultra weak to fire and lower it's HP.
Tenshaino hits too hard because Earthquake is a magic attack and it's too strong. Actually, I finished the skills and settings and now have just the enemies and the game itself to go.
The story? I'll just say it this way. I'm a weird person. I use my immagination too much. And I did say the story was stupid to some people, rite? I'll remove the whole Chris Pine thing at the beginning, but I won't tell who Leefox is. The phone calls and 8 6 7 5 3 O 9 bombs, I'm keeping that in. The game just isn't ment to make sense. It's also been changed from "Pine Attack" to just "The Blank Game2". Are their spasific parts you don't want?
Also, just a clairification on songs and sounds used in the game. I heard that as long as I give them credit in the documentation, it should be fine to use them. If any one knows a reason why I shouldn't use these songs, post here. I'm not listing all of them, just the ones that might have coppyright laws I don't know about.
18-4 boss theme from Bokurano Daibouken2 and the stage 18 theme itself.
Rhythm Boxing (a game on Wii Fit Plus).
Basic Step (also from Wii Fit Plus).
2 songs from Pokemon Red and Blue. One is used when you interact with any of the Rockets, and the other one is played when you're about to fight Meggatron (the Rocket Booss).
The Manalyth Factory and Tamer battle songs from Manamon.
The beer songs used during the game (Miller, Bud, Schaefer, Schlitz).
867-5309 by Tommy Tutone (used in the prison, the phone calls and the sound of Leefoxes strongest attack).
We Are The Champions by Queen (used when you clear hard events and during Trump's puzzle.)
Note: I recorded all of these songs, and gave credit to all the creators stating that none of these songs were mine, and saying who they belonged to.

Thumbs up

2019-03-19 00:49:18

Where can I get the latest version of this? Don't feel like searching the whole thread.

Thumbs up

2019-03-19 01:01:45

I think the link in the first post works, but if it doesn't, the game is here.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/nfwtekdhwuoo8 … k.zip?dl=0
The documentation says it's complete, but it's not. As some people said, certain bosses are too hard but they're not impossible. Do not! Interact with the box in Mysteries of the Ancients, that will crash the game, and that's also ware it ends until I've rewritten it. People who currently have a save, don't over level. You'll definitely have to restart when I complete the game.

Thumbs up

2019-03-19 01:43:02

WHat i should do in the first area when i entered the game i try to batle studdent and every time iI died

Thumbs up

2019-03-19 07:41:41

hi Karlitos you can not kill the student you are very weke. boy if I not open the box I can not move.

Thumbs up

2019-03-19 22:15:35

The box in Mysteries of the Ancients is ware the game ends. In The Blank Game 1, you're not supposed to be able to kill the student in the classroom, but you can defeat the students in the ruins when you're about to get Blank.

Thumbs up

2019-03-20 02:04:59

Thanks for clearing this now what should i do to starto going to next location i se 5 studdents and only can interact with them

Thumbs up

2019-03-20 02:36:43

Interact with all the students, then another person will enter the classroom. Once you speak with the strange woman, you can leave the classroom by choosing move. Interact with the last option after you arive in the main part of school, then go to the teacher's room. Let the second teacher defeat you, then leave the place and you'll be able to leave school. I'll let you figure the rest out, just remember about the orbes.

Thumbs up

2019-03-22 11:26:52

Hello.
When I open the box in misterrys of the aintion, the game fraezes. is anyone havveing this problem?

Sorry for my bad english :)

Thumbs up

2019-03-22 12:36:56

hi yess I hav it the game is not completed and that is wy you have it maybey boy wil rerite it but maybey not.

Thumbs up