2017-10-30 01:50:59

Version 0.4 is here! Their are exactly 0 errors when battle begins now. Fixed a lot of bugs and added some more items. The Manalyth Factory is complete. Added White Lance and the Battle Tower. Note: for now, you can't leave White Lance. Also, the Palador Hideout isn't in this version yet even though it tells you that's ware you're going next. Oh and sorry about the large download size, I didn't know sound was going to take up that much space. The file is still uploading, but it should be done soon. It says 16 minutes from now. Download:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/n3s98u71ec7dp … k.zip?dl=0

Thumbs up

2018-07-21 01:50:29

To clear up any problems people are having with pressing enter in the game, download the addon here.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/osp8frk0za8pz … addon?dl=0
This link will be down once 1.0 is done being developed. Yes, I'm still working on it. Here are the changes so far:
All parts of the game are much bigger and have a lot more to do.
Their is a Japanese documentation for Japanese players.
Battle has been translated to english.
Some of the songs have been changed to midi format because of the size of the MP3 versions.
Items now have both an English and Japanese description (press enter on an item to get the english description).
I've gotten through about 80 percent of the game in terms of development, now I just have to finish the game itself. Post game will be coming in 1.1, I've already got that planned.

Thumbs up

2018-07-21 02:48:33

I prefer mp3, file size isn't a big deal.

Thumbs up

2018-07-21 06:05:17

Yeah you should probably just offer two different downloads, it's really not worth the loss in quality for most players.

This... -- Is CNN'.
Well Ted, it sure looks like there's been uh, quite a bit of violence around here
"aaoh, that violence was terrible'!"
Yeah it was, pretty bad.

Thumbs up

2018-07-21 16:30:16

Ok, I'll change them back to MP3 when the game is done being written. Now, all I have left is the Bioplace witch is the last dungeon. One of the reasons I put midi files was because of how loud some of the mp3 files were when playing. For example, 2018.mp3 or 2040.mp3. 2 different downloads is a good idea, maybe I'll just do that.

Thumbs up

2018-11-03 02:17:15

I've been trying to get this to work for more than a year and it's been getting better and better, but I'm now wondering if you guys think I should continue the project or just scrap the whole thing and delete this topic? I know these types of games don't get played very often, and the story might seem kind of stupid. For people who've never tried this game, I will say one thing, it's not like The Blank Game in terms of being a mod. I finished writing the actual game, now I just have to finish skills, stats, enemies and how to make damage balanced. What I mean is to make it so that bosses and enemies will actually do some type of damage, instead of making it so that you 1-2 shot a boss and be done with it. If you think I should just dump this, I won't be offended, it's life. When the forums got changed, I think the post with the link to the latest version got removed so I'll just put it here in case I get rid of the project. A brief overview of the major changes:
most of the game is in english, mainly battle results and skills/items.
All dungeons and parts of the game are longer.
The story has changed from what it was in 0.5
Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/nfwtekdhwuoo8 … k.zip?dl=0
Note: the manual says it's 1.0, but it's not. This version isn't the complete game.

Thumbs up

2018-11-03 05:39:43

This is my first time discovering this game and its prequel. Gonna play through the first and when i'm done i definitely want more to come back to. I say finish the project. If few people are playing this now, perhapse it may garner some new interest due to discovery later on. And at the bery least, you'll be giving the community more stuff to play and that always a good thing for those seeking it.

Thumbs up +1

2018-11-03 12:54:25

Before you play The Blank Game 1, do note that it's very similar to a Japanese game called Alternative Magic. If you've played that one before, you won't get much out of the first Blank Game. I wasn't saying that people wer'nt playing this game, I just know that this type of game (japanese or english) isn't played by a lot of people. Also, thanks for posting your opinion on wether I should work on it. I'll finish it, when I can. I still have a lot of things that get in the way, but it will come when it gets here. The story of this game maybe isn't, stupid, but it's not something you see in most games, I'll just put it that way.

Thumbs up +1

2019-02-24 13:34:16

Do to a windows update, the game has stopped development. I did a windows update, and my entire Downloads folder got deleted, including the source. I do have some of it, but not enough to keep the game going. The most recent backup was right before the Palador Hideout, and I had just finished the game and was ready to test and upload before the Windows update happened. The beta that's on Dropbox is their but unless their's a program that can decompile data from Text Game Maker, the game, after all this time, has stopped development. If I do end up redoing it, does anyone know of a program that can convert .wav to .mp3 that's accessible? The phone calls and some other audio conversations between Leefox and Banyardan were pretty big, so they probably should be converted to save space.

Thumbs up

2019-03-05 22:05:11

hello. does anyone have the blank game 1? thanks.

My skype:
[email protected]
Add me if you want to chat about gaming and stuff like that.

Thumbs up

2019-03-05 23:00:07

It's still available on the main topic, or you can download it here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ma2iqh26uoc3r … e.zip?dl=0
Does the link on the main topic not work?

Thumbs up

2019-03-05 23:06:20

yeah, not even this link is working. boy, check your pm.

My skype:
[email protected]
Add me if you want to chat about gaming and stuff like that.

Thumbs up

2019-03-06 04:37:28

hello
this may be off topic but I nead to ask you somethin
do you made a windows update that's about the storrich? I am inkreasing my storrich space and worying about my dounlodes folder will be deleeted: any tips?

yo! this is mike hear and I am playing a kiching gulfer game: if you enjoy my post; please leave a thums up!

Thumbs up

2019-03-06 20:56:02 (edited by boy 2019-03-06 21:05:30)

Try backing up your downloads someware then updating. Also, disconnect the drive after backing up before you update, just in case. About the link, make sure you have no spaces at the end, or that it didn't divide into 2 lines. If it still doesn't work, try coppying the link by selecting it, then copying and pasting in to the address bar. I just checked the link, and it worked. I received your PM, and am working on another book, and I'll upload the archive of the books and files that go with them. If I can restore my downloads, I might be able to keep Pine Attack going. If I could, Mysteries Of The Ancients was going to be so, so hard with the booss, then the Dark Forest Full Of Pokemon.

Thumbs up

2019-03-06 22:31:15

Hi.
I was just wondering, is there any way to lower the music a little bit?
Don't know why I haven't played this game before, starting it now and it really sounds like my type of game, so thanks boy in advance for what I'm sure will be a great game smile.
As for Development and sound conversion programs, that is eazily sorted with gold wave, and that program is accessible as well smile.
HTH!

Several enemies tried to ambush me in the darkness, only to be casually struck down by my never-ending power!
If you like my posts, do them proud by giving them some thumbs up.

Thumbs up +1

2019-03-07 04:31:10

The best way is to use the windows volume control, but you can also press f6 and hold it down. What music are you talking about? If it's midi files and you have Cool Soft Vertual Midi Synth, press control alt M and down arrow until it's low enough, then press alt f4 to close the program. The volume control works for both MP3 and Midi. To get to the volume control, press Windows I, then type adjust system volume. As of the current version of the game which might be the last, it's very short and will probably take you only 2 or 3 ours to beat so don't expect much. I once had a finished version of the game, if I ever get that again, I'll put it here. To the person who was asking about the books, they're at this link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9pblfjcmziftv … s.zip?dl=0
It says up to date, but the link might not work rite now. Try it maybe tomorrow or some time later tonight. The reason it's so big is because their are some mp3 files that go with the books, like songs for the performances, and battles when it comes time for them. 40 isn't complete, but it's almost done. Actually, to complete 40, I'll need some information that one of you might be able to give me that I'll probably never find out regarding Pokemon.
1: does Pidgeotto have a third evolution or is it just Pidgey to Pidgeotto and that's it?
2: can Nidoqueen learn Earthquake on it's own or is it only by TM?
3: does Gyarados get flying type attacks as a Gyarados, not a Magicarp?
And 4: when evolving Eeve into Joltean, is it possible for it to get Thunder Bolt?
I'm only asking all this because one of the characters goes on a Pokemon journey in 40, and I know almost nothing about Pokemon. I'm trying to find out as much as I can so I can make it like the sighted versions, not Braillemon.

Thumbs up

2019-03-07 09:43:41

@boy... I'm talking about the ingame music.
Ya know, the BGM?
BTW... if you could, would you mind telling me where I could get a version of the addon for the enter key? the lin isn't working.

Several enemies tried to ambush me in the darkness, only to be casually struck down by my never-ending power!

Thumbs up

2019-03-08 04:01:00

The addon is in the game's folder, press enter on japanese game fix, found in the folder ware you see the files data1 through 7, play, sound and evrything else. The instructions I gave you in the previous post explain how to lower the BGM. Press and hold f6 from anyware in the game, as long as it's not the main menu, the first one you find with play, load and close. If that doesn't work, go to settings by pressing Windows and I, then search for adjust system volume. Press alt tab until you find volume control, then tab until you hear your screen reader say volume for play or something. Press left to turn it up, or rite to turn it down. I think this just lowers the music. If you want to only lower the midi files and have Cool Soft Vertual Midi Synth, press control alt m from anyware in the game and press and hold down arrow once the adjust volume program opens. I know this lowers just the music.

Thumbs up

2019-03-08 07:09:32

Pigioto's third form is Pigeot. Also, might I recommend giving pokemon crystal access a spin? The best way to learn a subject is to submerge yourself in that subject, and that would give you more insight than what any of us could tell you and lend your character an air of authenticity.

Thumbs up

2019-03-08 10:12:08 (edited by TheBlindSaiyan 2019-03-08 21:18:22)

@boy... I can't see a Japanese game fix in my game folder anywhere.
I have my data 1 through 7, my play.exe, game related text files folder, an unrelated dll and ini file and that's it.

Thumbs up

2019-03-09 00:00:40

Oh, you're talking about The Blank Game1. The addon only comes with Pine Attack. So, download the addon here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/5l5ye3bhdklyb … addon?dl=0
Also, The Blank Game1 doesn't come with any mp3 files as BGM, just midi so you can just use the windows volume control. Regarding the information I needed about Pokemon, I found it on some websites about Red and Blue.

Thumbs up

2019-03-09 01:39:46 (edited by TheBlindSaiyan 2019-03-09 01:40:48)

@boy... thanks for the help.
So as for the music, what you're saying is that in Blank 1 you can't control it?
I don't want to lower the general game output with the windows volume, because that will lower all game sounds.

Thumbs up

2019-03-09 03:36:17

If you have Coolsoft Vertual Midi Synth, you can lower only the music. Do you have it? If not, I can zip up the program and the other necessary files and give you a guide on how to use it.

Thumbs up

2019-03-09 16:02:21

@boy... I don't have that program.
Would it be easier to send the files over skype?

Thumbs up

2019-03-09 18:03:35

I don't have Skype, and I'm never getting it. The link to download it is on this forum, in Guide For Playing Japanese Audiogames. If that link doesn't work, I can zip evrything up and post it when I get home from work.

Thumbs up +1