2017-07-22 11:39:28 (edited by Nuno 2017-07-22 11:40:13)

Hello,
I just recently saw this. Iron realm is creating a new MUD that will be called Starmourn. This MUD will be set in the sci-fi universe.
I am looking forward to this game, share your thoughts, the link to the website is Here

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Telegram: Nuno69a
E-Mail: nuno69a (at) gmail (dot) com

2017-07-22 12:12:05

yeah I already heard of this, I like all the large amounts of lore and info there is on the site.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2017-07-22 12:20:54

I am wondering if the hacking system would be accessible for us.

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Telegram: Nuno69a
E-Mail: nuno69a (at) gmail (dot) com

2017-07-22 12:47:21

i hope it will be a good game,

2017-07-22 13:38:20

The world seems interesting from the lore, I definitely like the idea of humans as basically a space fairing species.
I will give it a try when it comes out and see what it's like.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2017-07-22 15:33:23

I've known about it since mid to late 2016 and yeah, I want to play it, lol.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2017-07-23 14:07:45

the problem with a lot of ironrealms games is the amount of spam you need to deal with  in their muds. thoughifanyone has any mush stuf or even VIPmud stuff they'd be willing to share for achaea or any other ironrealms games I'm willing to try them.

2017-07-24 05:54:34

I am subscribed to the newsletter, each time I get an update.  The more excited I get, this thing is going to be epic.  I really hope that there will not be  very much of spam or, if there is have a brief mode where we would get the information that we just need and nothing more, nothing less, looking extremely forward to playing this game.

“The fear of loss is a path to the dark side. Death is a natural part of life. Rejoice for those around you who transform into the Force. Mourn them do not. Miss them do not. Attachment leads to jealousy.
The shadow of greed that is. Train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose.” —

2018-10-23 08:12:41 (edited by Caccio72 2018-10-24 01:31:08)

Hey, a short closed-beta period got announced, starting in november, one can apply to participate at it in the game's forums, (check the reference to it on the homepage), I have already applied btw, and the game will, accordingly, be officially launched in december this year.

Yeah, I also wonder how accessible will it actually be, which was another reason for applying to its beta, to test and find that out.

Oh, here is the direct link to the applies, normally only after registration:
https://forums.starmourn.com/discussion … st-entries

2018-12-14 17:31:21 (edited by hadi.gsf 2018-12-14 17:33:50)

for those people who have been in closed beta, are you guys not allowed to disclose whether flying ships is accessible or not?
also tomorrow, 15th, open  beta will be available at 2200 UTC

twitter: @hadirezae3
discord: Hadi

2018-12-15 20:10:57

Any idea if the open beta is live? Can't create a character.

Hail, Daughter of Hatred. Creator of Sanctuary. Hail...Lilith.

2018-12-15 20:16:02

It goes live in about 4 hours or so, about 2:30 PST.

Take care, it's a desert out there.

2018-12-15 20:49:54

Oh, okay then. Sorry, am confused with timezones big_smile

Hail, Daughter of Hatred. Creator of Sanctuary. Hail...Lilith.

2018-12-15 22:06:31

hi can i register for the beta? or what are the connectioninfo?

2018-12-15 23:52:25

starmourn.com port 23
and  in 10 mins from this post, you can create your character

2018-12-16 07:02:32

The game has been up for a number of hours now.

Does anybody know where to find Lafti in the Marle service tunnels? Damn things are a maze in there.. It's the next part of my quest.

Thanks.

2018-12-16 13:17:42

this is probably a late reply but his shop is like south eastish part of the area.
anyway if you guys want we should make a skype/whatsapp group about this game.
I think the game is spammy and needs a bunch of aliases to begin with but it's pretty good.
still have not decided that if like other IRE games, combat needs scripting and such

2018-12-16 17:33:03

Hello everyone, karate25 here and I must say that I absolutely love this game and I'm going to thoroughly enjoy myself here. I'm known as erilnor in world and I live in scatterhome. I'm also a beast. Love the starship flight system too. You really feel as though you're exploring a vast world rather than just punching in some numbers and hoping for the best.

2018-12-17 09:36:14

I'm enjoying myself,  too, although finding that some commands, such as turning off all channels at once don't work, according to what the help file says the command is anyway.

So far though, I really like it, but still working on the way I want my prompt to be displayed, since the default feels too long for me to listen to whenever something happens. Kind of makes me wish for a combat prompt and the ability to turn the normal one off entirely, since I would probably be more interested in that and just check health manually otherwise. I'll just have to mess with it more and figure out what I find less annoying to see whenever I move.

Also, I feel like aliases will be heavily used here. At least, if the tutorial is anything to go by and the commands I've seen so far.

2018-12-17 11:09:25

to turn off the prompt, enter the following command
CONFIG PROMPT NORMAL ^D
CONFIG PROMPT SHIP ^D
CONFIG PROMPT HACKING ^D

2018-12-17 14:58:45

So is everything completely accessible? Ship navagation, ship combat, stuff like that?

Silly Gohan, animals don't eat people. People eat animals.

2018-12-17 15:50:53

is there a brief mode? i dont want see long description when walking.

2018-12-17 16:37:11

@20 Thanks, your approach was better than the hyphen I had. Not sure why they've decided to allow the option of not showing prompt lines at all for Nexus only though. I'm guessing that strips it out entirely.

2018-12-17 16:54:05

Ship combat is a bit hard right now. we should all band together and send some suggestions to IRE. for example when you lock onto an enemy ship, instead of typing ship beacon and  going through the scan results, there should be a track command to just  give us the info for our target.
Also  this game is pay to play for sure. it's just free to learn how it works. I thought that they're going to  change the system a bit but nope. xp gains are painfully slow, you have to grind for months to learn your class abilities, not counting captaincy/exploring/skirmishing

2018-12-18 02:28:03

Greetings,

Just so all of you know, there is an alias system built into starmourn itself. If you type help alias, it will give you some info on that. With it you can make multiple aliases that make things much easier with the game. There is also a targeting system to where you can change to various targets you are killing, and also have an alias set to kill that target with whatever command you see fit to have with it. Hope this helps.