2020-07-31 02:37:38

I’m sure this question has been brought up before. Is there any chance that the creator could put in an A.I./computer player to play against? Maybe it could choose randomly from the public decks or a person could put in one of their own for the A.I./computer to use. How difficult would it be to create this? And has it ever been attempted?

2020-07-31 16:25:18

The chances are very low. Creating an AI that is only close to semi-intelligent in a card game like this is a highly complex task and probably not worth the time and effort.

2020-07-31 20:34:03

I agree on the games complexity and that making an A.I. would be difficult, but there are yu-gi-oh video games throughout the sighted community that have you duel computer players within their story lines. Their difficulty is primarily on the difficulty of their decks. I have limited knowledge on how this yu-gi-oh mud works, but a variety of computer decks in various difficulties could be bennificial to those who are beginner players, those testing new decks, and those who log on and there are no human players on line to duel. Again, I don’t know how this mud works or what would have to go into designing a computer player, but if it’s possible in sighted you-go-oh video games isn’t it a possibility in this with enough problem solving and creativity?

2020-07-31 20:52:50

This question has been brought up before.  The way this game is put together makes it impossible.  This game was not designed from scratch, and relies heavily on several other open source projects which limits how much we can do with it.  If you want to play against a yugioh AI you will have to buy Legacy of the Duelist on Steam and deal with constant OCR to get by.

2020-08-01 03:34:59

It isn't impossible, but the video games you're talking about are games from Konami, the creators of the card game. They have dozens of developers sitting there and thinking about an AI and get paid quite alot for doing so. The MUD got two main devs who do have their own jobs and are doing some things in their free time to the MUD, there is deffinitely no room to invent a YGO AI from scratch. There are other bots out there who tried something similar, like windbot, but those cannot be connected easily to the MUD, plus they only know how to play with specific decks. The Konami AI is one of the most intelligent card game AIs I've ever seen to date, you can throw any deck at it and the most recent AI can do moves with it most human YGO players wouldn't be able to do. Developing something like this would require multiple close-to-full-time-developers who are specifically skilled with AI development, and neither the YGO open source community, nor the MUD have such capable people sitting around and doing that for free right now. And you cannot pay people if you don't have the money to do so smile.
Best Regards.
Hijacker