2008-05-24 22:31:08

I've left this a while in case it was just server trouble or some such, but now it would appear www.blindadrenaline.com has been unavailable for some time.

Anyone know anything more about this? It would be a great shame to lose another developer like this.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2008-05-25 02:12:17

yeah me too
the HTML document for the RR instructions still work but the main page and download links don't work

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2008-05-25 02:53:39

Well apparently the domain doesn't expire until 2009 and was last changed on the 12th, not sure what's happening. At least the domain is still active, but it doesn't reassure me much.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2008-05-25 17:54:08 (edited by Mike 2008-05-25 17:54:50)

Oh, another developer going? Great. Just great. I can see audiogames going down the drain within 3 years. I'm serious, this is insane. Plus I rarely play audiogames anymore, I'm into muds and mud development.

Regards,
Mike
Co-Founder, RS Games
www.rsgames.org

2008-05-25 19:23:54

I don't see audio games going down the drain, we still have plenty going on. It's just sad if Che decided to get out this way.

I wonder if it's becayse he didn't achieve the sales he wanted, I recall him being disappointed apparently. Maybe setting yourself a target for number of sales is setting yourself up for a disappointment though?

cx2
-----

2008-05-25 19:50:37

Well, yeah. The problem is that accessible games are way overpriced. We pay for a racing game that sighted people can easily find for free online, and we pay the price that would get them an extremely complicated game filled with tons of graphics, levels, features, whatever. Guess this is just the way it works, since not a lot of people bother with making audiogames, and those who do want some kind of money for their work.

Regards,
Mike
Co-Founder, RS Games
www.rsgames.org

2008-05-25 20:27:34

I think that some games should be paid for, but if you going to charge for a game, please please think about the price first. As for the rest of us, please please vote more with the wallit then the mouth. own the other hand, when selling a game, watch the price. The thing that got me on rail racer was the fact that I would possibly download something extra to unlock the game and I didn't want download anything that big to get the full version. I thought I read some where that the reg process wasn't that accessible, but mabey I read wrong. I,m the kind of person that believes in, "you get what you pay for". So when you selling a game like this, you need to think about the markit. Here you got topspeed out and if someone just want a racing game, they could go get topspeed for free or pay for rail racer. I'm just giving my two sence but I'm not mad yet.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.
DropBox Referral

2008-05-25 20:51:11

True, but then the mainstream version is quite possibly a community effort more like Audio Quake is becoming.

I don't know what sort of costs the developers have, but I'm sure they have more than just hosting costs. I would imagine sounds libraries get quite expensive, I've looked them up and they're in the hundreds.

cx2
-----

2008-05-26 02:59:53

Hi, can anyone connect with rail racer online? I dont have the game but, if you can get online with it, then its not gone probably.

2008-05-26 07:44:07

people, who have programming experience, let us join and make a engine for creating realistic audio games which will be free of charge. now i am working on this, but really if some one will help me in developing job will be quite effective. let us not to overpay our money. if we will have one special platform with a lot of features, other developers when decide to create own game will be not playing with such things as 3d sound playing, input/output, collision detection, multiplayer syncronization - they will be concentrated only on game play, so games will be more interesting.

2008-05-26 16:35:39 (edited by Aleksey 2008-05-26 16:36:34)

interesting. c# is ofcourse not such effective :-)
can you get me his contact info, may be we can be usefull to each other.

2008-05-26 17:13:11

As of now, I have to agree with what was said about the things that goes in to the game. I think, as I'm shure others do too, we need, not only a good game library, but a good engine so we don't have to pay as much. weight a minit, wasn't this what was already said?

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.
DropBox Referral

2008-05-26 19:52:42

so i started, but i am afraid - one person can not do it with effective, so all help will be greatly appreciated.

2008-05-26 21:04:34

Trouble is also one single game engine won't be any good either, it might be well worth the time but just one or two game engines won't fit every single game anyone wants to develop. There is the GMA engine already, but you have to pay to use it so that will make that of limited use too.

cx2
-----

2008-05-26 21:57:07

my goal is to develop such engine which can be used in allmost all 3d audio games. also take in  mind,so if it is open source any can take it and add required features, this will be more easier that write all yourself. it can be done becouse most parts in each audio game is equal (such as playing sounds, processing input, speaking with tts etc), different is only game model, which can be implemented in scripts (or in plugins, if you like).

2008-05-26 22:24:29

yes, for now you can not help me mutch as some major parts is not complete. but after you can help with testing, writing some standart objects on lua (engine scripting language), by ideas and other.

2008-05-27 00:53:53

Sometimes it would take more effort to adapt an existing engine than creating a new one from scratch. Plus people might wish to work in a different language etc.

Also most "3D" audio games are strictly speaking only 2D, where is the up?

Not saying it won't be of any use, just that "one size fits most" is a myth.

cx2
-----

2008-05-27 04:13:13

um I thought this topic is about the blindadlenaline websight?

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2008-05-27 07:59:48

cx2 wrote:

Sometimes it would take more effort to adapt an existing engine than creating a new one from scratch. Plus people might wish to work in a different language etc.

Also most "3D" audio games are strictly speaking only 2D, where is the up?

Not saying it won't be of any use, just that "one size fits most" is a myth.

ok, most developers as i see work in vb or c# becouse they is more high-level. i wanna write engine in a bit low-leveler language (object pascal is it), but main game developing will be done in lua scripts with oop concept. developer will have to learn accessible from scripts functions and classes. also, if he/she want to have some very "special" features and doing it from script is not effective - he/she can write a plugin to engine to extend its features (on any language person prefer) or ask engine developers to do it.

about 3d: yes i know there are no real 3d games for the blind, unwish audio quake, which is not usable (as for me, however i haven't tried new version). my goal is to develop really 3d world, and i believe it is possible and will be usable. all will be up to level designer.

2008-05-28 01:15:05

Klango, the engine used to create such games as Haunted Factory and Pirate Memory, is pretty full-featured.  Most of the documentation is in polish, but it provides constructs for things like menus, input and maybe some simple game objects. It uses Lua which is a pretty simple language. SOmeone might find it useful. klango.pl is the site for the docs, and klangogames.com has the aformentioned games.

James

2008-05-28 05:08:20

Well apparently Che's Email address is down as well. Thomas Ward on the Audyssey list reported that Che's account had been canceled by the server due to too many bounced messages. It's truly sad to think that Che might have given it up but not unrealistic since Rail Racer didn't sell nearly as well as he'd expected and hoped. I myself did buy the game but lost interest in it rather quickly. Then again, racing has never been one of my favorite genres of games.

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

2008-05-28 05:32:30

What about those of us who really want it!  If you can't email him, how do you by it?

I really, really, really wanted it!  I almost had the money up!

What will happen?

i used to take things in life for granted...
now i have a beautiful daughter, and she means the world to me.
(at 19, i can say this is harder than it sounds)

2008-05-28 08:47:29

ItsAConspiraZ wrote:

Klango, the engine used to create such games as Haunted Factory and Pirate Memory, is pretty full-featured.  Most of the documentation is in polish, but it provides constructs for things like menus, input and maybe some simple game objects. It uses Lua which is a pretty simple language. SOmeone might find it useful. klango.pl is the site for the docs, and klangogames.com has the aformentioned games.

thanks you for link! it might be interesting for me. however, this engine is not up-to-date (last changes in first quoter of 2006), and it haven't 3d space features and mutch other i plann to implement, also it isn't open source :-(

2008-05-28 08:52:17

Ryan Smith wrote:

Hi,
Not that I've been a fan of Shades of Doom, isn't that a "3D Game". My game isn't 3D technically...

so do you mean you do not prefer real 3d in audio games becouse you cann't implement it or becouse other reasons? well, if you will use an engine with such feature you will haven't to worry how it works inside engine, you will only control your game objects, by moving them, playing sounds, reach on the game events (collision with other object for example, or user input) etc.

2008-05-29 23:30:22

At this very moment I have http://www.blindadrenaline.com/ on my browser.

Che's back!

John Bannick
7-128 Software